http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty W@W map pack 2 this June  (Read 1686 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »

3 multiplayer maps and a zombie map again
Kotaku

Activision and Treyarch bring Japanese Imperial zombie killing to World War II in June, with the release of the second map pack for Call of Duty: World at War.

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 delivers three new multiplayer maps and one new zombie map to Treyarch's World War II shooter. Fight for control of a river bridge in Banzai; battle across a run-down Russian train yard in Corrosion; or fight claustrophobia as well as the enemy in the close-quarters map, Sub Pens.

That's nice, but what about the zombies? Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp) is a brand-new co-op experience, with fallen Japanese troops rising to attack players in a misty swamp environment. The level features traps, flaming Hell Hounds, perk machines, and the new Wunderwaffe DG-2.

All of this, plus 10 more achievements and trophies for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 respectively.

I'm a little curious as to how the Japanese will take this new development. Previously we were just killing virtual recreations of their ancestors. Now we're bringing them back to life and killing them again? I suppose I should be thankful we're not forced to eat them afterwards.

June for me is turning into a nightmare just like last Halloween(and i dont mean those kids dressed as ghosts and skeletons)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Ghostbusters
Battlefield 1943(XBL)
Sacred 2(June 5th for UK)
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4
and now this...and no doubt that XBL COD1 will drop this month as well

i can already sense my Bank manager sending me letters

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »

Considering how little I ended up playing the first map pack I think I'll be passing this time.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »

In!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:36:40 AM »

I simply loved the last map pack...count me in as well!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

i didnt want to start a new thread as this is a rumour and could very well turn into complete and utter bullshit...but who knows

http://kotaku.com/5237870/rumor-call-of-duty-moving-on-to-vietnam

Citing a confidential source, That VideoGame Blog says Activision is pursuing licenses for Vietnam War-era music, as well as Cuban, Soviet Union and African music. They also infer that Treyarch will be the developer.

TVGB says that Noah Heller is involved with this supposed CoD 7; he was the senior producer on World at War, which is taken to mean that Treyarch will be back in the saddle. Sounds about right, as Infinity Ward is developing Modern Warfare 2, with a release date about six months out.

Of course, TVGB points out that, last year, Heller told Official Xbox Magazine that "we are showing the final battles of the Pacific and the European Theatre and that lets us put a close to the war," and "we're happy that we put the war to bed," meaning no more World War II-era shooters for them. But around the same time, he also said. "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again."

The rumored music genres are intriguing. I'm not intimate with the history here, but if we're talking about Cuban and African music, could that mean someone's envisioning, or at least considering, CIA-type secret war operations of the 1960s and 1970s? That might expand this to Call of Duty: The Cold War as opposed to just Vietnam or Southeast Asia.

Per our policy, we've asked Activision for comment. But it's useful to remember that they and many other big publishers have a standing policy of not commenting on rumor and speculation.

Call of Duty 7 in Vietnam, Cuba? [That VideoGame Blog]

wonder if this is the start of Treyarch taking over the Call of Duty series altogether and Infinity Wards starting(or sticking to) their Modern Warfare one

it will be interesting if it turns out true,but right now....its still a rumour

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 03, 2009, 02:48:53 PM

wonder if this is the start of Treyarch taking over the Call of Duty series altogether and Infinity Wards starting(or sticking to) their Modern Warfare one

the Modern Warfare ones are still Call of Duty.  as far as I know they haven't dropped CoD from the sequels title yet.  If anything Treyarch should be the ones to lose the Call of Duty label, but since ActiBlizzard wants a CoD game every year that won't happen.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 03, 2009, 05:19:15 PM

the Modern Warfare ones are still Call of Duty.  as far as I know they haven't dropped CoD from the sequels title yet.  If anything Treyarch should be the ones to lose the Call of Duty label, but since ActiBlizzard wants a CoD game every year that won't happen.

everything I've seen so far about the next Modern Warfare show they have dropped the CoD tag from it completely.  the box art mockups, the trailer, the websites.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 03, 2009, 08:46:47 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 03, 2009, 05:19:15 PM

everything I've seen so far about the next Modern Warfare show they have dropped the CoD tag from it completely.  the box art mockups, the trailer, the websites.

hmm, Gamestop seems to be behind, that's where I saw it with CoD still attached.  they don't even have the PC version listed for pre-order.

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »

COD: Bay of Pigs.  Re-write history! Depose Castro! Imagine a world where Cuban cigars are legal.  Gives me chills.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:43:32 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 04, 2009, 12:59:25 PM

COD: Bay of Pigs.  Re-write history! Depose Castro! Imagine a world where Cuban cigars are legal.  Gives me chills.

maybe they'll let you do more than they did in Godfather 2 (spoiled in case anyone still cares to play the game but if you're not feel free to look):

Spoiler for Hiden:
you have Castro in your sites, BOOM HEADSHOT! oh sorry, your bullet magically altered trajectory and only hit him in the shoulder.  it's just a flesh wound.  icon_evil

Because I can,
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 03:55:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2009, 08:20:51 PM

Considering how little I ended up playing the first map pack I think I'll be passing this time.

I'll be in, but the first map pack was a let down overall.

I'm curious what the new achievements will be about. Multiplayer only?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »

I'll disagree, I think the first map pack is pretty decent. Kneedeep is very good, the night map is not too bad, and the subway map is interesting, although I know a lot of folks hate it.

As always, I'm only play Hardcore Team Deathmatch, and since the removal of the tanks I've grown to like the four tank-less "tank" maps. I played for awhile on Saturday and we ended up on all four. None were voted down and no one complained when we started each time. I think folks just adapt to them. As long as a map is big enough* it's can be enjoyed. Nightfire is a bit on the small side, but ok. Bog comes to mind as a map that's just too damn small to enjoy.

*big enough can be accomplished not only by dimensions, but also by lots of buildings, walls, and other impediment to sight lines.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »

Station is my all time favorite map, especially in CTF - there's just soo many opportunities for good tactics winning the day. Knee deep is fun as well, especially when you take the small fortress/bunker in the middle, and Nightfire is fun as well in small doses. Actually, those three and Asylum are probably my favorite maps in the game. :-)

A new one
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »

I can't stand station. I hate it...but mostly because I just can't figure out a tactic that works consistently on it.

I've also sort of reversed course on Knee Deep. I think that map aggravates more more than any other.

Nightfire is one of my favorites in the game.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »

my guess is the new achievements are all zombie coop ones
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 04, 2009, 05:57:55 PM

I can't stand station. I hate it...but mostly because I just can't figure out a tactic that works consistently on it.

I've also sort of reversed course on Knee Deep. I think that map aggravates more more than any other.

Nightfire is one of my favorites in the game.

Really depends on what you'r playing - I dont like either free.for-all nor Team Deathmatch on these kind of maps, too little strategy involved, but CTF and Domination is pretty damn fun. If you stick to the side tunnels you'll want a gun that works quickly and deadly on short-medium range, and move with a group. THe middle tunnel is a deathtrap, snipers are deadly there, so avoid that...unless you'r a sniper of course :-D

If its CTF I mostly always place bombs on both sides on the tunnel, near the wagons on each side, and then I cover the middle from the stair near our starting points, and take care to not get ambushed from behind by checking the radar when its there, or moving up to the station once in a while

A new one
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2009, 08:20:51 PM

Same.  I haven't loaded up the game in months and haven't really felt any kind of craving to do so.  I haven't played the SP campaign and the last map pack was a waste for me because I played a round or two and it just wasn't enough to rekindle my interest in the game. 

Now I'm mainly looking forward to Modern Warfare 2, and primarily for the SP portion as the first was one of the most epic experiences I had in a FPS and I hope the sequel lives up to the standard set by the original.   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: