http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty World at War (360) impressions  (Read 36943 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 20, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »

Quote from: naednek on March 20, 2009, 10:34:46 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 20, 2009, 10:22:53 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 20, 2009, 09:20:59 PM

Cut the persecution complex

+1. That's the exact thought that came to mind. And no, I'm not persecuting you Tongue

It's already been handled, you don't need to add your two cents in.

But I was away all day!
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:36 AM »

Quote from: naednek on March 20, 2009, 10:10:24 PM

Quote from: jblank on March 20, 2009, 09:24:16 PM

Cut the persecution complex crap jblank, I gave my opinion because it's what I believe.  I dont' give a rats ass if it's the same or different than yours.  I was merely pointing out that the map is not too dark to see what's going on.  If you think it is, you need to check your eyes/tv/console settings, or just not play the new maps.

Just because people disagree with you and defend their position doesn't mean it's a personal attack and it definitely doesn't mean you have to get all whiney about it.  the map is supposed to be darker than most of the maps.  That's because it's night time and so people can move/hide in the shadows.

Again with the Psychiatry huh? Why don't you shove that bullshit you keep saying about me up your ass. I swear to God, if I didn't know better I would think you were RunningMan9 or whatever the fuck that cocksuckers name is from OO. God damn you're a prick.

Lets lay off the personal attacks jblank.  After reading this thread all I see is people trying to help you, or give you suggestions that might give you a better experience.  Instead you turn around and start to bite that hand that feeds you as they say.  Your're entitled to your opinion and please share them in a civil way without resorting to attacks on other forum members.

Ok, but tell Sigmund Freud and his cronies to keep the psychoanalysis to themselves.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: March 21, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »

+1. That's the exact thought that came to mind. And no, I'm not persecuting you Tongue

Why don't you shut the hell up, hmm?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:52 AM »

Quote from: jblank on March 21, 2009, 12:06:44 AM

Why don't you shut the hell up, hmm?

I think that's a fine idea!
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 22, 2009, 05:07:58 PM »

Where are your annotated maps, Hark?

I really like Knee Deep - one of my favourite maps overall. I actually like Nightfire a lot, too. Unfortunately, while the embers and ashes are really pretty and give the map a good "living" feel, they are driving my eyes nuts. I don't really like Station all that much. Feels a bit too claustrophobic.

I don't think any of the maps are too dark, especially compared to Makin. There is one section of Nightfire where the building is eternally eroding to dust and that shit is hard to see through, but the rest of the map looks fine to me.

BTW, is anyone else having horrendous spawning issues on any of the new maps? I find Nightfire especially bad.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

Quote from: tromik on March 22, 2009, 05:07:58 PM

I really like Knee Deep - one of my favourite maps overall. I actually like Nightfire a lot, too. Unfortunately, while the embers and ashes are really pretty and give the map a good "living" feel, they are driving my eyes nuts.

I kept on firing at the ashes, mistaking them for enemy movement out of the corner of my eye.

BTW, is anyone else having horrendous spawning issues on any of the new maps? I find Nightfire especially bad.

They were supposed to fix the spawning issues but id they did it's not working.  on Nightfire there were several times I spawned, got maybe one step and was gunned down.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 22, 2009, 05:15:06 PM

I really like Knee Deep - one of my favourite maps overall. I actually like Nightfire a lot, too. Unfortunately, while the embers and ashes are really pretty and give the map a good "living" feel, they are driving my eyes nuts.

I kept on firing at the ashes, mistaking them for enemy movement out of the corner of my eye.

They were supposed to fix the spawning issues but id they did it's not working.  on Nightfire there were several times I spawned, got maybe one step and was gunned down.
I could have made a sandwich with the amount of time I didn't played during a match of Nightfire the other night.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:48 AM »

They fixed spawning so you wouldn't pop up in someone's line of sight.

One foot to the right around a corner is apparently an acceptable spawn location.  icon_neutral

As an aside, anyone else register for the sweepstakes they were having with the new maps?

Just a little hiccup.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Do the new maps show up in the regular rotation or do I have to specifically play the new map option in the game list? I've played about 4 hours worth of online game time since I downloaded the new maps and have yet to see one show up. What gives?
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 23, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

Quote from: Hiccup on March 23, 2009, 12:00:48 AM

They fixed spawning so you wouldn't pop up in someone's line of sight.

One foot to the right around a corner is apparently an acceptable spawn location.  icon_neutral

As an aside, anyone else register for the sweepstakes they were having with the new maps?
I have no idea if I'm registered. I downloaded the pack or whatever it was with the gamerpics - do I actually have to use the pics or something? The description doesn't explain it very well.

I gotta say, the Canadian XBL experience is really confusing at times. When I bought the W@W mappack, I had two options: The World at War Mappack, and Mappack 1 (English). Why the hell are they're two?
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »

Quote from: JayDee on March 23, 2009, 12:01:58 AM

Do the new maps show up in the regular rotation or do I have to specifically play the new map option in the game list? I've played about 4 hours worth of online game time since I downloaded the new maps and have yet to see one show up. What gives?
For now you need to play them from the Mappack playlist. I did the exact same thing when the CoD4 pack was released, so don't feel too bad. Then again, I am an idiot.
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:36 AM »

Quote from: tromik on March 23, 2009, 12:34:37 AM

I gotta say, the Canadian XBL experience is really confusing at times. When I bought the W@W mappack, I had two options: The World at War Mappack, and Mappack 1 (English). Why the hell are they're two?
So apparently by getting the default "Call of Duty World at War Map Pack 1" (which was the default one at the top) and not the "Map Pack 1 (English)," I got the fucking French version. I wouldn't have even noticed, except I played a round of the new zombie map and everything was in French, including the audio. I only play hardcore, so for all I know the entire UI in the regular modes is all in French, too. Even worse, I'd have to pay another 800 points to get the English version, it's not an option to choose the language after you'd paid.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2009, 04:06:06 AM »

Quote from: tromik on March 23, 2009, 03:19:36 AM

So apparently by getting the default "Call of Duty World at War Map Pack 1" (which was the default one at the top) and not the "Map Pack 1 (English)," I got the fucking French version. I wouldn't have even noticed, except I played a round of the new zombie map and everything was in French, including the audio. I only play hardcore, so for all I know the entire UI in the regular modes is all in French, too. Even worse, I'd have to pay another 800 points to get the English version, it's not an option to choose the language after you'd paid.

that's pretty f'n lame.  can you call microsoft and have them remove it and credit the points?  The ambiguousness of the entries should give you a valid reason.
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2009, 05:12:29 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 23, 2009, 04:06:06 AM

Quote from: tromik on March 23, 2009, 03:19:36 AM

that's pretty f'n lame.  can you call microsoft and have them remove it and credit the points?  The ambiguousness of the entries should give you a valid reason.
I'm going to call them tomorrow. Here's hoping they can help.

Here's why this happened:

Who wouldn't go with the default one? Here's the choices in other locations:

Now, if you go to the map pack in spotlight, it defaults to the English version, but everywhere else defaults to the French.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »

fracking French... whatever have they done to deserve their survival?  icon_evil

Because I can,
tromik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 23, 2009, 08:00:31 AM

fracking French... whatever have they done to deserve their survival?  icon_evil
To be fair, this is the "le hotdog" Franglais version, not the "oui oui oui" Francais version.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:38 PM »

I have now played the new maps one time each.

Nightfire: I loved this map. All the CQC fits right into my play style and there are tons of flanking channels. Can't wait till I know it better

Knee Deep: I really enjoyed this one too, but don't quite yet have a sense of the place- but the battles around that three level tower (is it in the center? I'm not sure) were really cool

Station(?): not sure if that's what it's called but it's my least favorite of the three new maps.  It's not bad, just sort of meh.

Overall the map pack is excellent.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 06, 2009, 02:27:15 AM »

I don't get why people continually veto new maps when they come up. This happened in COD4 all the time too.

Makes no sense to me.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: April 06, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

It may have something to do with their opinion that they aren't very good. I veto them also, except for Knee Deep which I think is arguably the best map on the game. The other two are throwaways and the "veto frequency" seems to confirm that others feel that way also.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 21, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »

Cocky kill:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1911525

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 21, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 21, 2009, 12:30:22 PM

LOL,brilliant

CVG have some new pics of the second map pack thats due out next month

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 21, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 21, 2009, 12:30:22 PM

That is the greatest thing ever.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

According to a Twitter tweet (the internet can go to hell for making me type 'Twitter tweet'), Map pack two is set to release on the 11th.

Not holding my breath.

Just a little hiccup.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »

Map Pack 2 is now out

800 points
458mb

if you are at work,here is the marketplace link..for you to set it to download straight away when you switch on your 360
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156081c/?of=3

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »

Thanks for the info. I tried Red Fraction Guerrilla MP last night but found it too frantic. I've looked at the previews of the new CoDWaW maps and was impressed. Hopefully they do like last time and let us do Hardcore Team Deathmatch using the new map pack right away.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 11, 2009, 11:49:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I tried Red Fraction Guerrilla MP last night but found it too frantic. I've looked at the previews of the new CoDWaW maps and was impressed. Hopefully they do like last time and let us do Hardcore Team Deathmatch using the new map pack right away.

no,they dont(not that i could find anyway)...so that means i am getting owned by 5 year olds with machine guns,means nothing if you shoot them in the head 4 times,they still turn around and spray the shit outta ya

the 3 maps are not bad(not played the Zombie Swamp thing)....the one i was least looking forward to,the one with the bridge(because i thought,thats all it was ..a bridge)is the best one IMO...it has the bridge,and caves underneath

the other two,submarine base and an old disused Train yard(yes,another train yard)..are okay,a decent size..offices,walkways,innards of a submarine etc

whether its worth 800 points depends on how much you play,i havent played for 3 months,so perhaps it was a bit too much for me,then again maybe i will play more

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 11, 2009, 11:49:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I tried Red Fraction Guerrilla MP last night but found it too frantic.

yeah, those Fractions can be hard  Tongue

anyways, I'm out for the map pack.  I traded in my copy of WaW awhile back.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »

Ah, there  is Hardcore Deathmatch on the new maps. They are pretty cool.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2009, 11:29:50 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 11, 2009, 07:22:55 PM

is it just Deathmatch at the moment?,i actually didnt see Hardcore at all.....this is in the 'new maps only' section right?

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 11, 2009, 11:29:50 PM

is it just Deathmatch at the moment?,i actually didnt see Hardcore at all.....this is in the 'new maps only' section right?

Under "New Maps" (or actually next to it, once you select it), there is IIRC five options, the bottom two are HC Team Deathmatch and HC something else.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2009, 12:09:28 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 11, 2009, 11:41:43 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 11, 2009, 11:29:50 PM

Under "New Maps" (or actually next to it, once you select it), there is IIRC five options, the bottom two are HC Team Deathmatch and HC something else.

well,that makes me feel like a dick,i was telling someone over LIVE today that it will be better when you can play these maps in hardcore icon_frown

thanks for the heads up

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »

Maps are good guys......REALLY good!!!!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »

hope to play more Saturday, sorry I missed out tonight. 

Loving these new maps.  the new zombie map is really good as well.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2009, 04:07:21 AM »

I was able to hold my own on Corrosion and Sub Pens, but wow am I lost on Banzai. Everywhere I go is a death trap. I only played the maps 1 or 2 times each, but I think Corrosion is my favorite so far. Lost of fun places to go, like through the pipes and on top of the grain cars.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: