http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 10:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty World at War (360) impressions  (Read 37597 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 12, 2009, 08:17:50 PM

I think the big difference in Map design between the two games is due TO the tanks though.  The CoD4 maps are better cause they didn't have to be designed around tank warfare.  The outdoor maps in CoD4 are much more interesting and varied since they only have to support infantry.

I'd like both games much better if they totally removed the 7 kill perks...both helicopter and dogs...they'd be much better competative games then imho.

The glitchiness still there in utilizing dogs to get another dogs, for example, really hurts the game too.  As does not allowing both teams to have them out at the same time...making it a frequent contest to see which team can mash the call in the fastest and keep the other from being able to use theirs...at all.

Maybe if you didn't play in normal ground war mode so you can pad your stats you'd find the game more competitive.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:37 PM »

Did CoD4 have this much drama?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »

Even the infantry maps in WaW are inferior to the maps in CoD4.  This has nothing to do with tanks at all.  It has everything to do with Treyarch not being as skilled at map design as IW imo.  The number of glitches on maps in WaW is obscene compared to CoD4.

Drama follows Fuzz slywink  Only person I know to physically destroy a game due to in-game frustrations.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 12, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 12, 2009, 08:39:51 PM

Maybe if you didn't play in normal ground war mode so you can pad your stats you'd find the game more competitive.

Your patron even said normal is harder than hardcore.

And as for padding stats, Fuzz is ridiculous at the game- or was, it appears he traded it in- you don't get near a 2.0 unless you're good. You have what? A .9? And that's with the help by riding the coattails of one of the better players there is.   
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: February 12, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 12, 2009, 08:39:51 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 12, 2009, 08:17:50 PM

I think the big difference in Map design between the two games is due TO the tanks though.  The CoD4 maps are better cause they didn't have to be designed around tank warfare.  The outdoor maps in CoD4 are much more interesting and varied since they only have to support infantry.

I'd like both games much better if they totally removed the 7 kill perks...both helicopter and dogs...they'd be much better competative games then imho.

The glitchiness still there in utilizing dogs to get another dogs, for example, really hurts the game too.  As does not allowing both teams to have them out at the same time...making it a frequent contest to see which team can mash the call in the fastest and keep the other from being able to use theirs...at all.

Wow! Damn dude, you aren't too friendly when it comes to talking about this game. At least someone else is feeling your wrath this time.

Anyway, I agree with Fuzz on most of that. I think 5 kill Artillery/Air Strikes are fine, on both games, but dogs and choppers can go and I won't lose a moments sleep. While we're removing things, lets take out Juggernaut and Martyrdom, two of the cheapest perks in the game!

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 12, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »

I feel that the glitches in CODWOW are an embarrassment, but not as much as failing to fix them. However, I like the bigger maps, their design and the little details. I also prefer dogs to choppers. Tanks bothered me at first, but now that I'm a certified Tank Whore(tm) I look forward to those maps as well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:19:08 AM by Roscoe » Logged

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 13, 2009, 01:14:50 AM »

I wouldn't mind things like the dogs nearly as much if they would fix the terrible, awful respawn system.  Playing last night on Dome, someone got dogs and I ended up dying twice in a row by spawning right next to dogs.  Literally, the counter went 0:02, 0:01, spawnGROWLDIE.  Fucking twice.  When you literally can't play the game for a good 30-40 seconds because of the terrible spawning, something sucks.

XBox Live:  JNacht
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 13, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »

Dammit!  You win this round, Hadron. slywink

Quote from: GameFAQs
Blood Code
At the story line screen, press: A, B, A, C, A, B, B.

Cheat Mode
Press Down,Up,Left,Left,A,Right,Down at the start and option screen.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 13, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 13, 2009, 01:47:01 PM

Blood Code

Cheat Mode

Sadly my memory is too frail to remember many of these old video game cheats. I did have a good time in CoDWoW MP last night, too good in fact since I should have gone to bed a couple of hours before I did Roll Eyes. I also discovered that I still really suck using satchel charges, so it's back to the bazooka for me.

Although the best antitank weapon is... another tank!

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 13, 2009, 03:29:36 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 29, 2008, 07:21:49 PM

I saw you on last night, but didn't wish to disturb your video watching(?) last night by pinging an invite.  I believe we had 10 people on at once last night.  The MP is still going strong at the moment.  I think it will still be going strong through late February when Street Fighter 28.5 Super Mega Hyper Turbo Chinchilla Edition comes out.

isn't that next week already?  so, I guess time for one last hurrah weekend!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: February 13, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 13, 2009, 01:47:01 PM

Blood Code

Cheat Mode

Muahahaha!!  I knew it!  biggrin  I wasn't familiar with yours, so I didn't even remember mine until after you mentioned the Genesis specifically regarding the blood code, and then it all came flooding back. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 13, 2009, 05:34:35 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 12, 2009, 10:50:33 PM

Wow! Damn dude, you aren't too friendly when it comes to talking about this game. At least someone else is feeling your wrath this time.

Anyway, I agree with Fuzz on most of that. I think 5 kill Artillery/Air Strikes are fine, on both games, but dogs and choppers can go and I won't lose a moments sleep. While we're removing things, lets take out Juggernaut and Martyrdom, two of the cheapest perks in the game!

Heh, i've always hated those perks, but i've occasionally made good use of juggernaught on small infantry maps:)  My favorite thing to do was take the Thompson, oversided clips, extra ammo, juggernaught, & steady aim.  Just absolutely go nuts running and gunning on asylum with that, blazing away from the hip with juggernaught on...felt like a super soldier in power armor or something:)  Fun shit that! Worth trying a couple times if you still play.  Try it in FFA on asylum or dome:)

That's one part of normal mode that's not as difficult as HC though, avoiding death by martydom.  You can see the grenade indicator and you take less of a health hit from it if you're not right on top of it so you survive them much more than in HC where you often don't hear it drop and just get a total surprise.

While we're on that topic though...if you have a teammate using martyrdom in HC, it's really really fun to have your friends surround him with you and then one of you knifes him....you all get blown up by his frag and he gets insta banned:)  Fun as hell.  I've also seen Martyrdom backfire a LOT in HC.  We were playing a clan once and 4 of em spawned almost right in front of me, i shot one and the other 3 killed me.  The one i shot had martyrdom on and his marty frag killed all 3 of his clanmates....he got insta banned:)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 05:40:32 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »

Whitest Kids U'Know nail it:

http://www.videosift.com/video/Whitest-Kids-U-Know-Call-of-Duty

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 20, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 20, 2009, 04:45:15 PM

OMG. THat is hilarious.  icon_biggrin  thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

SHUT YOUR EFFING MIC OFF!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:37:27 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Goddamnit, i just got wind of this video and came here to post it.

I'm a fuckin slow tard.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 20, 2009, 04:45:15 PM

Mildly amusing.  It had potential, but I feel that it failed to deliver what could have been so much more. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Random sound effects could have really sold it.  Like, say, someone rummaging around in an ice bin...  biggrin

And I really wanted to see the goofball get popped by the sniper.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 20, 2009, 09:07:30 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

That would have been the better ending. smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 20, 2009, 10:02:41 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 20, 2009, 09:07:30 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

That would have been the better ending. smile

I was expecting that, too.  But otherwise, I thought it was pretty damned funny.  Sorry it missed you, stapler.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2009, 07:55:58 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 20, 2009, 11:43:34 PM

Sorry it missed you, stapler.

icon_lol I'll live. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

I've put cod5 on the ban list for the month of march and have given it to my wife to hide. 

I did this way back when I played Halo3 non-stop and I never went back to it (but COD4 came out during that time so it wasn't necessarily the hiatus that resulted in it's death).

Time to explore some new gaming horizons.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »

I'm really hoping the map pack comes out in early March instead of late March.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 02, 2009, 12:30:02 PM

I've put cod5 on the ban list for the month of march and have given it to my wife to hide. 

I did this way back when I played Halo3 nonstop and I never went back to it (but COD4 came out during that time so it wasn't necessarily the hiatus that resulted in it's death).

that's really a strange concept to me.  You're basically forcing yourself to spend more money when you're perfectly happy playing what you've already paid for.   I'd be ecstatic about being so happy with what I already own that I play it too much and don't find myself buying new games.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 02, 2009, 04:26:48 PM

I did this way back when I played Halo3 nonstop and I never went back to it (but COD4 came out during that time so it wasn't necessarily the hiatus that resulted in it's death).

that's really a strange concept to me.  You're basically forcing yourself to spend more money when you're perfectly happy playing what you've already paid for.   I'd be ecstatic about being so happy with what I already own that I play it too much and don't find myself buying new games.

it's too late for him.  he has been taken by the Killzone.....

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 02, 2009, 04:26:48 PM

It depends on how he behaves in his everyday life while obsessing.  It may be the healthier choice.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

Well it's mostly to allow me to play through some of my backlog slywink.

I really want to get back into Fallout3 which is far too different (at least to me) from COD to allow me to flip back and forth.

I also have Ninja Gaiden II (10.00 FTW) that is unopened. Would also like to finally get my money's worth out of Orange Box (I'm like 1/3 through half life 2).  Then there's the SP in BF:BC. And even the SP in COD5.  And I suppose I should play some Mercs... ANd I'd like to finish Dead Space. Oh and Braid. Also Condemned.  Oh and some achievements in L4D.  Also, Godfather 2 is coming out this month. I think. Also I need to re-rent and finish Mirror's Edge.

And then there's Resistance 2 on PS3...ugh...

Oh and God of War 2 on the PS2.

Did I mention my DS?  There's.... Tongue

Edit: And I may want to rent Killzone...  icon_lol
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 02, 2009, 05:43:30 PM

I really want to get back into Fallout3 which is far too different (at least to me) from COD to allow me to flip back and forth.

I also have Ninja Gaiden II (10.00 FTW) that is unopened. Would also like to finally get my money's worth out of Orange Box (I'm like 1/3 through half life 2).  Then there's the SP in BF:BC. And even the SP in COD5.  And I suppose I should play some Mercs... ANd I'd like to finish Dead Space. Oh and Braid. Also Condemned.  Oh and some achievements in L4D.  Also, Godfather 2 is coming out this month. I think. Also I need to re-rent and finish Mirror's Edge.

Did you get NG2 for $10 at Best Buy?

I tried to do it, but they didn't understand the deal (or corporate caught on to the people abusing the deal).

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 02, 2009, 06:24:59 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 02, 2009, 05:43:30 PM

Did you get NG2 for $10 at Best Buy?

I tried to do it, but they didn't understand the deal (or corporate caught on to the people abusing the deal).

BB was out. Price matched at CC two weeks before they started their death throes of liquidation.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 03, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

OMG, I just played CODWOW in Hardcore Team Deathmatch and they have taken the tanks out of the tank maps!

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on March 03, 2009, 09:58:56 PM

OMG, I just played CODWOW in Hardcore Team Deathmatch and they have taken the tanks out of the tank maps!

buh?

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »

yup  icon_eek

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend we noticed a new glitch was discovered with the Bipod MG’s while prone on the ground. This glitch allowed players to “duplicate” their bipod MG, and ultimately lead to exiting the map, or even ending a game for other players.

Today we have released a hotfix for this problem, and included in it some other changes by popular demand.

Bipods – beginning today, bipods will no longer be deployable while prone. After careful consideration, we’ve decided that the best course of action at this time is to disable this functionality. The act of deploying your bipod when prone, while having a cool effect, doesn’t actually give the player a great benefit. Aiming down the sights while prone provides the same gameplay functionality without the limited view angles.

Playlist – the Hardcore War playlist has returned to 9v9 status; additionally, all vehicles have been removed from Hardcore playlists.

Map Rotations – Roundhouse and Upheaval have been added to the Free-for-All and Hardcore FFA playlist map rotations.

We’re aware of the “New” icons in the menus which do not go away, and have already addressed that in the next update. We’re also happy to say that we have a solution for those obnoxious hail-mary rifle grenade shots at the beginning of Search & Destroy rounds. Additionally, we’ve addressed one of the most commonly reported issues with the spawn system – we’ve been testing this a lot locally, and it works great.

Those, among others, will be available with the next TU we release (which will coincide with our Map Pack 1). Speaking of which, we will have some new DLC information hitting the web very soon ;-) – stay tuned!

I don't like the tanks, but to take them out entirely instead of just offering a tankless playlist seems idiotic.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »

Hmmmm.  I might have to jump back into MP again.   ninja

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »

Me I won't miss the tanks I prefer infantry combat myself.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 03, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »

Cheers for the bipod catch and working on the "New" icon and spawn issues

Jeers over removing the tanks from hardcore.  What a freaking populist move. 

And Hark won't  be happy about the rifle grenade thing if it applies to HCDM.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2009, 11:18:50 PM »

I will greatly miss the tanks.  Tanks were very fun to play against and with.  It's just not the same feeling when you don't have to look out for them.  Seelow will be a very boring sniperfest now.

The rifle grenades fix probably won't matter to me, only map I use them at start is Upheaval and they specifically mention S&D for the fix which has different spawns.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »

They might as well take downfall and seelow out of the rotation now. They're just too big and will be boring sniperfests without tanks IMO.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 04, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »

I can attest that Seelowe and Downfall do really suck without tanks. Too big. Seelowe is especially bad since everything is buildings surrounded by mostly empty space, so it becomes a sniper match. Downfall is a bit better since there's a lot of cover in the middle. The other two maps are small enough and have enough cover that you don't miss the tanks.

Now this isn't to say that Seelowe and Downfall won't be fun after a while without tanks. It's just going to take some rethinking of how you approach the maps. Actually if you can get your team to work together these might be interesting maps. Oh, and don't forget your smoke!

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 04, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on March 04, 2009, 12:37:13 AM

Actually if you can get your team to work together these might be interesting maps.

When has that EVER happened??   icon_biggrin

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 04, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 04, 2009, 12:42:15 AM

Actually if you can get your team to work together these might be interesting maps.

When has that EVER happened??   icon_biggrin

Not often, but sometimes and especially when we have our gang playing together. Still, it's going to be a pain for awhile when the five people you happen to have on your side all decide to be snipers, leaving you to root out the bad guys. Goodbye Betty, hello Bombsquad!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 04, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »

Oh, and don't forget your smoke!

anytime I see smoke I fire blindly into it.  it's fun getting headshots while doing that.

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:43 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 03, 2009, 11:16:46 PM

Cheers for the bipod catch

I might be crazy, but I thought having the bipod deployed made you more accurate and actually caused the guns to fire faster....removing it is kind of stupid.  and i don't understand the glitch they're talking about...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: