http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 07:02:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty World at War (360) impressions  (Read 37474 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 26, 2008, 06:47:50 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on November 26, 2008, 06:15:01 PM

Anyone heard anything about a patch coming any time soon? 

I'm getting more and more easily and quickly frustrated with some of the dumbass multiplayer mechanics...like getting stuck in a respawn death cycle where you always spawn in front of the bad guys....

I haven't even seen an article where they acknowledge there are even some issues to patch.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »

If I can actually stay awake, I plan on playing some tonight.  It seems these last few days that at 8:30pm my body shuts down and it is lights out.  I guess it is all the nights with 3 or less hours of sleep catching up to me.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 27, 2008, 01:06:30 AM »

Picked this up last night and I hope to get some MP time in over the extended weekend.  See you guys out there!
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2008, 04:07:08 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 25, 2008, 06:16:51 PM

I enjoyed war a lot, but that's because I don't really care about my K/D ratio and enjoy the objective based games. Also, you don't have to have a lot of kills to finish high on the leaderboard, because you get points for capturing the flags.

If we do that more though, we might want to look into the strategy the other team used in the second game we did. We captured all of the first couple flags, and ended up only needing to capture their final flag. But they were holding back and picking us off, which allowed them to call in a steady stream of artillery and dogs. By the time we were able to recover, they had battled back and were on our last flag.

Quote from: Harkonis on November 25, 2008, 06:13:01 PM

It also seems that people have found ways to glitch under or over the map on at least 4 different maps.  Hopefully Treyarch fixes this faster than they fixed the Roundhouse glitch of the same kind in beta.

I was in a public match last night and saw this happen on Downfall. They were under the map and were able to shoot people, but could only be killed by tanks, artillery, and possibly dogs.

I had this crap happen to me 3 times tonight getting killed by a flame thrower from under the map and I could see it on the kill cam replay each time damn glitchers cheaters frustrating as hell. finger

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2008, 05:48:56 AM »

Another thing people are doing is getting on the roof on Castle. I guess it is not technically a glitch, though, as you can shoot them if you see them.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

People often get confused between the geometry glitches and tricky positioning such as roofs and most balconies.  At one point in CoD4 when people were getting on a couple roofs and others were bitching one of the devs said in an interview that that particular roof was one of his favorite places to snipe from.

There are places they made it so you can get to, but they are tricky and require some platform type jumping.  Then there are places that require glitching through objects.  Obviously the second one is an exploit (and are usually patched) but the former is usually called an exploit by the average gamer and isn't.

I just get bitter when people say I'm exploiting if I'm on the roof slywink  They provided two ways to get there, one from each side.  You can also get on the trellace (sp?) in asylum, in a tree on cliffside, and on a bunch of train cars in roundhouse.

Sadly you can get under downfall, out of asylum, under hanger, out of airfield, etc.  they really didn't check very well for map glitches imo.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

a friend has just posted me this

getting the Ray Gun
ok this is right at the start when you storm the beach. After you call in the airstrike thing go to the very right of the beach and look for a hole with some water in it, jump in it then keep going left then there are a few more holes with water in, I jumped in those too. Keep going to the left and you find the last hole jump in that one and wait, then you should hear a strange voice, 4 statues appear each holding a ray gun. I know I didnt believe it until I did it. There are 4 guns so maybe ok for co-op. And 2 shots from the ray gun kills a tank.

anyone know anything about this?

i am gonna give it a shot(yes it was a pun)tonight..i cant actually remember any tanks on that first level,and i can't imagine them carrying over,but perhaps they do

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »

okay i found it

its pretty hard to get,its actually in 'Little resistance' level(the second level)

you have to jump in and out of pools of water on the beach just after you use the airstrike for the first time

thankfully though,instead of me explaining it,you can watch it on this spiffing youtube vid

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b2K1uGda3FA

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:10 PM »

I noticed that after playing the first SP mission on hardened I had received the "purple heart" achievement, but there was no description for how I got it. I noticed that Hark didn't have this achievement, even though he had finished the game. I looked it up and it was for dying 20 times in the same mission  icon_lol

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2008, 06:03:35 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 29, 2008, 11:33:10 PM

I noticed that after playing the first SP mission on hardened I had received the "purple heart" achievement, but there was no description for how I got it. I noticed that Hark didn't have this achievement, even though he had finished the game. I looked it up and it was for dying 20 times in the same mission  icon_lol

LOL.  Nice, Teg. Real nice.

Played some COD4 tonight to hang out with a friend. In deathmatch I ended up 45-25 in the three matches.  It's interesting to see the new 'exploits' people are using- like camping in places I've never seen people camp before and didn't know you could get to.  Was fun being back in the mix.

COD5 should be fun in January when I plan to bust it open.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 30, 2008, 07:25:23 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 30, 2008, 06:03:35 AM

Lord of the Rings Conquest!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 30, 2008, 07:25:23 AM

CRAP!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:13 PM »

And this is the reason that if you plan on playing multiplayer with GT'rs, you buy the games at launch  ninja
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 30, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 30, 2008, 06:12:13 PM

And this is the reason that if you plan on playing multiplayer with GT'rs, you buy the games at launch  ninja

I did. Fat 15.00 GC @ TRU!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »

Tanks are way, way easier to take out than I thought.

Bazooka?  Feh.
Satchel charges? Feh.

Two sticky grenades.  That's all it takes.  Well, and Fireworks (probably).

Primary Grenade: Sticky
Perk 1: Primary Grenade x2
Perk 2: Fireworks

Two stickies to the rear and even a brand new tank is done, and with just two quick presses of the right bumper button.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: December 01, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 01, 2008, 01:49:34 PM

Tanks are way, way easier to take out than I thought.

Bazooka?  Feh.
Satchel charges? Feh.

Two sticky grenades.  That's all it takes.  Well, and Fireworks (probably).

Primary Grenade: Sticky
Perk 1: Primary Grenade x2
Perk 2: Fireworks

Two stickies to the rear and even a brand new tank is done, and with just two quick presses of the right bumper button.

odd, I tried that and didn't get the same results.

I also have had half a dozen stickies on me over the course of a tank's life and didn't die.  Wonder what is going on. 

I'll give it a shot again though, definitely easier to throw stickies than satchels.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 01, 2008, 02:18:46 PM

I also have had half a dozen stickies on me over the course of a tank's life and didn't die.  Wonder what is going on.

I think the armor plays a huge part.  Someone throws a sticky on your right, blows off an armor panel and does a smaller bit of damage.  Next person's sticky hits a different armor panel on your right and does the same.  Third sticky hits your left side and yet another fresh armor panel.

Oh, and I tested the Browning against tanks some.  Seems no different than our other tests: emptying several entire clips can do just some moderate damage.  Worse than the giant sniper rifle, actually, as it took nearly a full Browning clip to blow off an armor panel whereas the sniper rifle took off the armor in what, three hits?
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 30, 2008, 06:12:13 PM

There were just too many great games at the same time this quarter. Looks like COD:W@W is the "winner" among my friends list though. With GoW2 as a runner up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2008, 04:00:54 PM »

After getting back into Street Fighter with the remix, and watching video of SFIV, I will be all over that when it comes out.  Might pass on Lord of the Rings : Conquest since SFIV is one month later. CoD should hold me over for that long.  Still plan on playing some CoD4 at some point.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 01, 2008, 04:00:54 PM

Still plan on playing some CoD4 at some point.

Come back in. The water's great Tongue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2008, 05:09:17 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2008, 04:25:08 PM

Still plan on playing some CoD4 at some point.

Come back in. The water's great Tongue

The water's actually kinda luke warm over there, it's great in CoD:WaW slywink

PS:  Buying the game at release doesn't do a damned bit of good if you don't unwrap it and play it while the crew are still interested Tongue
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2008, 05:20:44 PM »

After getting back into Street Fighter with the remix, and watching video of SFIV, I will be all over that when it comes out. 

Watching SFIV videos makes me feel like a little school girl. Or how I imagine a little school girl must feel, anyway.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »

Back in for some dying this week.  Lately when I've looked you guys are not online.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »

Yesterday seemed to have an issue where everyone got kicked and I didn't see anyone pop back up for the rest of the night.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 02, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

Was awesome to finally get on with all of you last night...was even more awesome when I wasn't on the losing team the whole time any more.  started out completely pathetically (my first time in hardcore and moved up to only moderate suckitude.  Improvement shall doubtless continue.  good fun!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 02, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »

The DenKirson guy updated his CoD stats page with info on the tanks:

Quote from: DenKirson
All explosives have a unique damage multiplier against tanks.
The Tank's hit locations are Front, Side, Rear and Underside.
Multiply the Explosive's increased Damage by the Tank's Side Multiplier to get damage.

Only a Satchel Charge can properly hit the Underside and damage is increased dramatically.
The Satchel is the best explosive against the Tank and can destroy it with one charge.

Bullets do less than one point of damage, the Hit Indicator gives a sense of false security.
Do not waste your ammo.

Interesting that the sticky grenades really do do more damage than the satchels, unless the satchel hits the underside.  Also interesting is that the tank cannon does exactly the same amount of damage as a satchel charge.  Also also interesting is that he didn't make any mention of the breakaway tank armor--is it just for show?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »

Doesn't say what the multiplier for fireworks is, but according to that, 2 stickies to the rear with fireworks should blow the tank.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:20 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 02, 2008, 08:58:41 PM

Doesn't say what the multiplier for fireworks is, but according to that, 2 stickies to the rear with fireworks should blow the tank.

I've had trouble getting that to work. frown

I still prefer the 2 satchels + sticky over 2 stickies since you get more total damage from having the 3 explosives vs only 2.  Combine that with the ability to one shot a tank from underneath (and occasionally the ability to throw a satchel charge directly under a tank) and I'm sticking with my previous loadout.

Awesome data, thanks wonderpug!
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 03, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

Does all this hold true for Hardcore?

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:01 AM »

I was able to drop tanks with a sticky and one satchel to the back of the tank tonight on two separate occasions in Hardcore with Fireworks.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »

As per the breakaway armor, there's an achievement (iirc) about disabling the tracks on 10 tanks.  This would involve breakign through that armor and hitting the treads.  I believe I accomplished this once the other night.

Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »

I've been using stickies on the rear of tanks and having a lot of luck with that.

Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

Sheesh, they have screwed up something royally in XBL COD5. When I joined Hark's party and we kept trying to get HC TDM it kept dropping us into HC S&D. When I struck out on my own to find HC TDM matches, I couldn't get them to load at all. The only HC type that worked for me was Free-for-all. So I decided screw it, I'll back to COD4. Now *that's* messed up as well, can't get a HC TDM match started there either. WTF?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2008, 07:29:23 AM »

Whee ha!

Check out the K/d Ratio ... and the nemesis!  And it only took 226 matches!

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »

Why oh why am I playing this game on hardened? I believe I spent an hour (no exaggeration) this morning doing just the last checkpoint on the flamethrower level. I don't know why I wouldn't give up - I just didn't want the game to beat me. And the difficulty level is so uneven - the early sniper level was a pain, the flamethrower level a big pain and then the later tank level was really easy.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 06, 2008, 06:26:25 PM

Why oh why am I playing this game on hardened? I believe I spent an hour (no exaggeration) this morning doing just the last checkpoint on the flamethrower level. I don't know why I wouldn't give up - I just didn't want the game to beat me. And the difficulty level is so uneven - the early sniper level was a pain, the flamethrower level a big pain and then the later tank level was really easy.

I HATED the tank level. But then again, I've never liked the call of duty single player. I only played through this one to unlock zombie mode.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2008, 06:04:30 AM »

Finished the SP portion tonight.  It was ok I guess, I didn't really identify with the characters like I did in 4.  I liked the Russian campaign better than the American one.  I doubt I will play through it again on a higher difficulty.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 09, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »

I have to admit it was pretty damn fun last night when me and Jarrodh were the only two GTers on one team against 6 of you on the other.  That round on Outskirts was especially fun; stalking your tanks on foot was practically its own minigame.

And even though the losses were frustrating for some, I really enjoyed the series of games against that squad of guys with the relatively high game ranks.  They may have seemed like cheating bastards to some slywink but I'm sure we often look that way to the other side as well.  Pretty much every round, whether we won or lost, was very close in score and a nailbiter to the end.  I think we were pretty evenly matched, or perhaps they were just a bit ahead of us in overall skill.  I thought that was great, though, because when we won it felt like it was because of our great* teamwork and coordination.

*Well, most of the time. slywink
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 09, 2008, 03:04:11 PM »

I got pretty frustrated my last match last night. At least six of my deaths happened seconds after I spawned and all to the same guy who was always there. One time I spawned and already was hurt and seeing red somehow. Then I would watch my bullets hit people and not get any registered hits on them before they killed me. Luckily, it was going to be my last match anyway. Sorry if my ranting and raving annoyed anyone.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 09, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »

I had a very good time yesterday, although the weird behavior of the servers that kept sticking us in Search & Destroy was irritating. I'm still occasionally experimenting with my kit, trying some different weapons. One problem is my addiction to Camouflage, I simply cannot force myself to try other perks there  ninja

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: