http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 02:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty World at War (360) impressions  (Read 37576 times)
Big Jake
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2008, 10:34:09 PM »

I've played a part of the campaign, but I'm stuck on "Burn Them Out" level.  I think the SP sucks in this game.  It has plenty of hall marks from lousy 'challenging' games, the single worst being enemies who ignore enemy soldiers standing right next to them to shoot at you (I have witnessed this MANY times).  I even once saw one of my squadmates run by an enemy, and neither he or the enemy so much as exchanged snarky words, much less actually attack each other (attacking the enemy isn't something that happens in war, apparently).

I want to play the fight against zombies mode, but they idiotically made that mode only unlock after the campaign.  Great, so I have to suffer through a bunch of lame unoriginal levels (the russian sniper level - why the hell did you remake the movie Enemy at the Gates?  I saw the movie, playing it in a game with NOTHING added did nothing but infuriate me).  If it wasn't for multiplayer, this game would get a 3 or 4 out of ten from me.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »

"Burn Them Out" was a chilling experience.  Something that's becoming a staple for the series, I guess.  I applaud them for doing more than just make a level.  They're trying to make you feel something.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2008, 12:13:14 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 15, 2008, 08:06:28 PM

Dome blows

haha,what i do is set up a private match and dont invite anybody and change the maps,so i can fully explore them and get used to them for when i go online

when it came to Dome,i thought woah..there is another level down there(down the drop)..i tried for a few minutes to get down there(even tried jumping)..but then realised that there was no way to get to the lower level,and the map instantly became poor...if that other level was accessable it could of been a great and intersting map

all the other maps i am quite pleased with except Makin,i still hate that map

outskirts is prolly my favourite,as it is just so damn big,hanger is also a good one

EDIT:i finished the main campaign yesterday on regular,and did a few levels on veteran...the zombie mode is good,but totally not designed for single player
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:16:40 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »

So far, I think it's almost as good as CoD4.  The MP is definitely every bit as addicting.  I've played through a few hours of the SP campaign, and my only complaint is that there seem to be a lot more problems with enemy and friendly AI with respect to detection and shooting at each other.  In the middle of a firefight in one of the Marine Raider campaigns, I came across a Marine and a Japanese soldier standing right out in the open, about a foot from each other, staring at each other and doing absolutely nothing.  A moment of sudden love at first sight?  A purely mental stare-down contest?  I've also seen friendly allies shooting into blank walls, backwards, or at enemies 200 yards away rather than the one standing 5 feet away who's shooting me

If they could fix that part, it would be pretty damn good.

XBox Live:  JNacht
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 16, 2008, 06:15:02 PM

So far, I think it's almost as good as CoD4.  The MP is definitely every bit as addicting.  I've played through a few hours of the SP campaign, and my only complaint is that there seem to be a lot more problems with enemy and friendly AI with respect to detection and shooting at each other.  In the middle of a firefight in one of the Marine Raider campaigns, I came across a Marine and a Japanese soldier standing right out in the open, about a foot from each other, staring at each other and doing absolutely nothing.  A moment of sudden love at first sight?  A purely mental stare-down contest?  I've also seen friendly allies shooting into blank walls, backwards, or at enemies 200 yards away rather than the one standing 5 feet away who's shooting me

If they could fix that part, it would be pretty damn good.

wait until you get to a mission later on,get yerself a nice place to shoot,and one of your team pushes hisself infront of you..you either have to put up with it,or find another place..annoying,but that said..i havent had that many other annoying things like that,apart from the usual....'THERE WAS NO GRENADE INDICATOR!!!..YOU CHEATING BASTARD!!!!'  Roll Eyes

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:04 PM »

Almost done with the campaign (second to last mission) and while it's been generally enjoyable it just isn't a patch on the ass of the CoD4 campaign.  The only mission in CoD5 which comes even close of rising to the level of CoD4 is the Blackcat mission.  But it's been worth the $20 I spent for it and since I'll sell it immediately I imagine I'll end up making a profit on the game anyway. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2008, 11:34:47 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 16, 2008, 11:15:04 PM

Almost done with the campaign (second to last mission) and while it's been generally enjoyable it just isn't a patch on the ass of the CoD4 campaign.  The only mission in CoD5 which comes even close of rising to the level of CoD4 is the Blackcat mission.  But it's been worth the $20 I spent for it and since I'll sell it immediately I imagine I'll end up making a profit on the game anyway. 

Totally agree on the single player stuff.  It's a good solid campaign, but aside from the Blackcat mission it's a step backward in the innovation timeline. 
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:01 AM »

i've played a couple hours of the sp on the PS3 and so far it's been fun.   as others have said, no where near the sp that CoD4 was.....but still fun for me.   i'm actually really considering keeping it (Gamefly rental) if i get some enjoyment out of the Zombie and the other mp modes.   i rarely play mp these days, but i'd really like to have something i can fire up occasionally when i get in the mood.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 01:39:17 AM »

I want to play the zombie level co-op, but no one is playing it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »

Having played the SP campaign I have to say I liked the Russian side better. The American side did have the cool flamethrower, but somehow it just felt flat to play. You didn't care about anyone and the crazy bonzai Japs leaping out from everywhere got old fast. This is odd as the Russian missions take place in pretty much the same looking ruined cities we've seen in the last 4 games, but oddly I found them slightly more entertaining.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 17, 2008, 01:39:17 AM

I want to play the zombie level co-op, but no one is playing it

I'm up for it anytime, but we might want to save it for a night when we only have 4 people on and take advantage of the higher numbers for deathmatch while we can.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »

I can't believe I didn't notice this before- does this game have a Balrog in it?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2008, 03:53:31 PM

I can't believe I didn't notice this before- does this game have a Balrog in it?

You unlock it after playing through the single player campaign three times.  It's a multiplayer only battle.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »

I have always been fascinated by WW2 eastern front warfare so I am enjoying the Russian missions quite a bit as well.  I wish there was more than one Stalingrad mission though.  Personally I'd love to see a strictly Stalingrad based CoD game with features of the new engine.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »

Does it bother anyone else that both lead characters never get promoted?  Three years of wartime fighting and they're still privates in 1945? 
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »

I got back into playing MP Hardcore TDM (HCDTM?) this weekend and had a pretty good time. Really it's the only way I can use a Garand or SVT-40 and do decently in a match. If you don't hit with the first shot you can usually get off a second or third shot and being semi-auto you don't lose the sight picture.

I tried shotguns. Sheesh. You can't hit a damn thing at any distance and unless you can get the jump on someone (almost impossible for me) you're a dead duck. Then I tried bolt action rifles. I can hit at a distance, but since most everyone has gotten smart enough to know to keep moving it's hard to hit on the first shot and when you reload you have to re-aim. And it's useless in close quarters since everyone else is carrying semi-auto or auto weapons. So I won't bother trying to unlock shotties or bolt weapons.

I have been very happy with the Bouncing Betty  icon_smile. Being unidirectional it avoids that shortcoming in the claymore. It also means you can tuck it into a corner and not have to worry about facing. They aren't useful on some maps, but on others I've found decent setup spots that give me several kills a match. About the only bad thing is that when a bad guy triggers it, it can also kill good guys and this has happened a few times, but not enough to make me not use them.

Another decent weapon is the Tabun gas grenade. I don't end up killing my teammates with it, which is always useful  slywink. And, unlike a flashbang, it's persistent for several (ten?) seconds. The signal flare is also non-lethal, but the rough location of the thrower can be seen. Also the flare on the ground is easy to avoid, while the gas cloud isn't easy at all to spot.

I'm beginning to not like maps with tanks. I thought that on Hardcore tanks would be more vulnerable but they are not, but foot soldiers are, so the latter are more at risk. It's really dangerous to run up with a satchel charge or sticky grenade. And bazookas don't seem to do a lot of damage. Anyone who had played Joint Ops on the PC remembers how two RPG shots were good enough to take out an APC, which kept APCs from dominating, but two bazooka shots won't stop a tank. True, the tank gun shell explosion doesn't have much of an affected area, but it's enough to make life miserable.

I'm still pleased with the substitution of dogs for the helicopter as a seven kill reward. They can be intimidating, but you can stop them with a shot or two or a grenade. And they are worth three points apiece.

Of the maps I'd have to say that Castle is my favorite. It's not too big like Outskirts or Downfall, but it's still got a lot of interesting movement paths. My least favorite is still Dome, which has sucky spawning, too few safety spots and is just overall too damn small. I'd say Hanger is also a good one.

I finally played on Upheaval this weekend, don't know why it didn't come up in my rotation on the first three days. It's like Chinatown because of all the second story windows, but with fewer blocked off movement paths. And no tanks!  thumbsup

I'm leveling up nicely, but with the only tangible reward for Prestige being more custom slots, I won't bother with it.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »

Played a bunch more CoD5 multiplayer over the weekend, and am left with one undeniable conclusion.

Man, I suck.

I've gotten a 5-kill string and been able to call artillery once.  I have yet to get the dogs.  Most matches I'm doing well if I get maybe 5-6 kills and only die 12 times.  I try moving around a lot, I get killed.  I try slowing down and camping, I get killed.  SMGs, rifles, machine guns, doesn't matter.  I suck at them all.  I can't even get a bead on enemies with a rifle before I've been shot in the head 15 times.  I don't know if it's just aging reflexes or I really have no skill, but goddamn.  And yet I still want to play more.  It's that once-every-20-matches peformance where I get over 10 kills and am up near the top of the scoreboard at the end, that's what must be keeping me coming back again and again.

Still, nothing like 30 minutes of WaW multiplayer to make me feel like a MORON.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 17, 2008, 06:39:42 PM

Played a bunch more CoD5 multiplayer over the weekend, and am left with one undeniable conclusion.

Man, I suck.

I've gotten a 5-kill string and been able to call artillery once.  I have yet to get the dogs.  Most matches I'm doing well if I get maybe 5-6 kills and only die 12 times.  I try moving around a lot, I get killed.  I try slowing down and camping, I get killed.  SMGs, rifles, machine guns, doesn't matter.  I suck at them all.  I can't even get a bead on enemies with a rifle before I've been shot in the head 15 times.  I don't know if it's just aging reflexes or I really have no skill, but goddamn.  And yet I still want to play more.  It's that once-every-20-matches peformance where I get over 10 kills and am up near the top of the scoreboard at the end, that's what must be keeping me coming back again and again.

I am finding that MP in this game is much more difficult than COD4 was. 
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2008, 07:19:11 PM »

After getting schooled by Hark and company every night since release, I am gradually getting better.  Last night, I actually had a couple of matches where my ratio was in the 50% range.  Given that this is my first concerted foray into console shooter MP, I feel confident that the majority of my kills will not always come from Martyrdom...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 17, 2008, 06:41:44 PM

Well, thanks, but I sucked at CoD4 too.  Why do you think WaW is harder?

Here's a question I've been wondering, maybe somebody knows.  Say I pick up a gun that I haven't yet unlocked, and get kills with it.  Do those kills count toward the Marksman challenge for that gun, which I have also not yet unlocked, or does it only start counting kills when you actually unlock the challenge?  For some reason the disparity between the starting weapons and ones you unlock later seems greater than in CoD4.  I'd like to use whatever better weapons I come across on the map, but I don't want to be giving up good XP.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »

I'm almost certain you can't pre-accumulate challenge points before unlocking the challenge.  For instance, I know I got plenty of tank kills before unlocking the tank kill challenge, but it started at zero.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »

That's what I figured, and makes sense from a balance standpoint.  If you pick up a nicer gun you haven't unlocked yet, it's a nicer gun, but you're not getting any tallies toward a challenge.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 17, 2008, 08:52:44 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 17, 2008, 06:41:44 PM

Well, thanks, but I sucked at CoD4 too.  Why do you think WaW is harder?

Here's a question I've been wondering, maybe somebody knows.  Say I pick up a gun that I haven't yet unlocked, and get kills with it.  Do those kills count toward the Marksman challenge for that gun, which I have also not yet unlocked, or does it only start counting kills when you actually unlock the challenge?  For some reason the disparity between the starting weapons and ones you unlock later seems greater than in CoD4.  I'd like to use whatever better weapons I come across on the map, but I don't want to be giving up good XP.

Seems like you die faster, even on normal mode.  If you get shot, that's it.  There's basically no chance you can duck out of the way and recover. 

Since the GT crew is all hardcore, that's what I've been playing.  Now and then I'll play a normal match and the caliber of players is much worse there.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2008, 10:52:35 PM »

well finished up the sp this morning after a long marathon session (for me anyways).   took me about 7 hours to complete it all.   all in all, decent and fun campaign i thought.   i really liked the last Russian level, that was a pretty intense and epic battle.   

gonna give the mp a shot later this evening.   i'm on the PS3 so i probably won't see anyone here online frown   looking forward to trying out Zombie killin' too smile

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2008, 10:59:53 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on November 17, 2008, 10:52:35 PM

i'm on the PS3 so i probably won't see anyone here online frown   

You chose ... poorly.   Tongue icon_wink

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2008, 11:48:29 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 17, 2008, 09:55:47 PM

Seems like you die faster, even on normal mode.  If you get shot, that's it.  There's basically no chance you can duck out of the way and recover. 

Since the GT crew is all hardcore, that's what I've been playing.  Now and then I'll play a normal match and the caliber of players is much worse there.

I'd love to play hardcore, but for that #$%! Lvl 18 requirement.  Seriously, WTF?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 17, 2008, 11:48:29 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 17, 2008, 09:55:47 PM

I'd love to play hardcore, but for that #$%! Lvl 18 requirement.  Seriously, WTF?

If someone is hosting hardcore, you can join at any level.  I've played less than half a dozen non-HC matches since I started playing because all the others were hosting were above that level by the time I got there.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2008, 02:19:57 AM »

Yeah I started at level 1 in hardcore playing with Hark and co.

It is a tough way to start out. Having no minimap makes it difficult to get a grip on the layout of the maps, unless you are just really good at visualizing things.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2008, 05:24:14 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 17, 2008, 11:53:29 PM

If someone is hosting hardcore, you can join at any level.  I've played less than half a dozen non-HC matches since I started playing because all the others were hosting were above that level by the time I got there.

Aren't those private matches with no XP?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:43 AM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 18, 2008, 05:24:14 AM

No if someone hosts a group and invites you in, then you can play hardcore before 18.  They are ranked XBL matches and everything.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2008, 06:33:43 AM

No if someone hosts a group and invites you in, then you can play hardcore before 18.  They are ranked XBL matches and everything.

And something else that can be done that I saw some "asshats" doing the other night.  If you join a party with a level 8 or less host you can go play bootcamp with all the other low level guys and have much better weapons + attachments.  I was level 4 and there were 3 or 4 people between level 50 - 60 who thought it was funny to do that.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 18, 2008, 02:54:40 PM

And something else that can be done that I saw some "asshats" doing the other night.  If you join a party with a level 8 or less host you can go play bootcamp with all the other low level guys and have much better weapons + attachments.  I was level 4 and there were 3 or 4 people between level 50 - 60 who thought it was funny to do that.

That is unfortunate, but yeah there's no shortage of asshats playing COD for sure.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »

As much as people gripe about another WWII game, it looks like gamers want 'em:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-call-of-duty-outsells-cod4-by-more-than-2-to-1

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 18, 2008, 03:58:18 PM

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-call-of-duty-outsells-cod4-by-more-than-2-to-1

However, I think COD4 started off really slow and word of mouth made the game sell like hot cakes.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2008, 03:32:00 PM

That is unfortunate, but yeah there's no shortage of asshats playing COD for sure.

Yeah and though I doubt it does any good I did report them as cheating and exploiting a bug along with putting them on my not a preferred player list.  I expect some sort of general asshattery when playing with the general public but an obvious exploitation like that warrants a temp ban to think about it, at least IMO.  But I haven't seen any evidence that MS goes that far or even polices such things, unless it has to do with a modded xbox.  It wouldn't have mattered except it seemed like I got thrown into that lobby even though I tried to find a new one to play in.  Thompson/SVG vs a PPS isn't very much fun due to the rate of fire difference because those guys weren't very good but even though I shoot first they could kill me faster.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2008, 03:32:00 PM

Tell me about it.  This turd "leo" somehow manages to jump in front of my bullets every chance he gets, and then he proceeds to blame me for team killing him.   Roll Eyes  Dude.  They're bulletsObviously they're going to kill you.  So stop running in front of them. 

( icon_wink )

Seriously dude, I apologize for the occasional team kills.  There are honestly times when the name doesn't pop up in time, and as hesitation usually means a quick death I'm unfortunately forced to shoot first and ask questions later.  Although I've got no excuse for accidentally killing CSL last night.  I remember seeing him near me, but he was far enough away that I didn't hear his footsteps, and as footsteps usually mean a knife to the back, when I started to go up a flight of stairs I heard footsteps, turned around, saw someone behind me without a name above their head and proceeded to unload an entire clip into the bastard.  Fuckers should know better than to sneak up on me.  NOT GETTING ME THIS TIME!  Then I found out it was still CSL and I accidentally and rather efficiently brought a quick end to the "unstoppable duo".   icon_redface

What can I say, I'm skittish.   ninja 

I'm loving playing with the gang.  I've really enjoyed playing with Jarrodhk, Harkonis, leo, CSL, etc.  While asshats in the main lobby can be somewhat irritating, once the game starts it's a blast to play with the group.  I really do appreciate Hark's generosity in sending me a copy of the game because I have had a blast from the moment I've loaded it up.  I just wish I had more time to play.  I like how with minimal communication everyone seems to do a decent job of working together, finding each other on a map, and covering as many angles of approach as possible to keep one another alive.  Although even though my rank hasn't even broken double-digits yet, I at least have been somewhat able to hold my own.  Yes, there are others with better guns are more perks out there, but I make due with what I have.  I may not finish in first place very often, but I can manage a moderate showing at around the middle of the rankings list, which is about right with the skilled group I usually play with, although on occasion I look about as stagnant as the Philadelphia Eagles offense and can't manage a kill to save my life (pun wasn't exactly intended).  But I'll get there.  Everyone's waiting with baited breath for when I can turn my amp up to 11.  Soon my rockin' friends.  Soon.   dude

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »

We had a nice conversation about TKs last night during a match when Hark kindly suggested that I start paying attention to uni colors.  My response that I was color blind was met with a quick rejoinder that surely I wasn't light/dark blind.  I was left with no recourse but to state that my color blind excuse sounded better than the excuse that I was effing incompetent.   icon_biggrin

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 18, 2008, 04:23:09 PM

We had a nice conversation about TKs last night during a match when Hark kindly suggested that I start paying attention to uni colors.  My response that I was color blind was met with a quick rejoinder that surely I wasn't light/dark blind.  I was left with no recourse but to state that my color blind excuse sounded better than the excuse that I was effing incompetent.   icon_biggrin

Are teams typically clad in light versus dark colors?  I had no idea.   ninja

I did notice that enemy dogs look much darker (almost all black) than friendly dogs, which seem to look more like brown and black german shepherds (kind of like police dogs).

But I haven't noticed a difference in uniform colors.  I typically look for a blue name above my target as I have few other indicators playing on Hardcore.  It at least doesn't happen all that often, just once in a while.  I'll still take the occasional team kill over constantly having my ass handed to me for hesitating too much.  And usually the GT community is rather understanding as they know it isn't intentional.  Except for leo.  He's an enemy no matter what color his uniform may be.   icon_wink   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2008, 04:29:14 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2008, 04:00:28 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 18, 2008, 03:58:18 PM

However, I think COD4 started off really slow and word of mouth made the game sell like hot cakes.

Exactly.  CoD4 is really one of the watershed titles of the generation and will join the likes of GTA3 and FF7 as an entry in a series that represented a gigantic uptick in sales for the franchise.  
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »

I couldn't connect to any gams last night frown

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: