http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:43:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed! [Now with hands on!]  (Read 42472 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 09, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:50:04 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 05:37:26 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:33:50 PM

here's what happens when you combine too many negative factors into one situation... epic fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridutF6Qi9Q

LOL you can be killed by the drops themselves?

there's a challenge to get the final kill in a match by dropping a crate on an enemy. O_o
that's freaking awesome

damnit, i feel a cold coming on. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 09, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 06:00:44 PM

SCAR looks like it might be my main AR.

FAL looks nice as well, as does the AUG

retard

It's like you're speaking to me but in a language I just don't understand.

How have you been able to narrow down your weapon preferences, by watching some of the gameplay vidoes you've been linking to?  Going into COD4 and W@W I had no idea which weapons to use but eventually developed a liking for the M16 with the 3-shot burst and a faster firing rate in COD4 and the Gewehr in W@W.  I learned through trial-and-error.  I have absolutely no idea what weapons to use in MW2.  Wasn't the SCAR in Rainbow 6?

Will they have my trusted M16 again?  Although I should probably at least give some of the new weapons a try.  I'm just not much of a fan of light machine guns, sub-machine guns, or sniper rifles.  I seemed to always gravitate to the assault rifles.  Then again, on some of the close-quarters levels the assault rifles put me at a disadvantage with their slow firing rates, so I did give the sub-machine guns a try once in a while.  Still, in COD4 the M16 was my absolute favorite.  Nothing else seemed to compare, at least for me and how I played the game. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 09, 2009, 06:16:32 PM »

I just found a weapons list.  The M16 isn't unlocked until level 40?   icon_eek  Oy. 

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 09, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »

I've watched almost 25 hours of footage this week.  eek  I definitely have things narrowed down a bit and just need the hands-on to get it done.

The Famas in MW2 is much like the M16 was in CoD4 so you will probably like it.  There is also a sidearm called the Raffica which actually is pretty much a mini-m16 and pretty overpowered for a pistol slywink

The M16 is in the game, but not until level 40.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 09, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 06:16:49 PM

Wtf, why??

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 09, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »

I've watched almost 25 hours of footage this week.

Well wow.  I try to raise my game by taking some time off and you up the ante again.  bowdown
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 09, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2009, 06:13:36 PM

How have you been able to narrow down your weapon preferences, by watching some of the gameplay vidoes you've been linking to?

Harkonis doesn't choose the most powerful weapons; he chooses which weapons will be the most powerful.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 09, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 09, 2009, 06:18:26 PM

Wtf, why??

is that a 'why is it in the game at all?' or a 'why not until 40?'  slywink

The vast majority of players felt the M16 was grossly overpowered compared to other guns.  Many people were upset to find that not only is it in the new game, but there are 2 other guns of equal power/accuracy.

Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 09, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »

Funny story.  I was talking with my manager last Monday about MW2, and joked that I'd planning on having the flu starting 11/10 and may continue until futher notice.  

He laughed, I laughed, then coughed, and coughed.  

Went down Wednesday with a fever of 102, and when I sent an e-mail to my boss letting him know I wasn't going to be in, he sent a reply and in closing said "have fun shooting the bad guys..."

For 3 hours I had to send more e-mails convincing him that I was actually sick, and still was yesterday.

Now I'm back at work trying to climb out of a 3 day backlog.  I was going to go to the midnight release but now I have too much work.  Son of a bitch.

*As an added bonus, my daughter caught it from me (her first fever), and my wife is starting to come down with something.

Just a little hiccup.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 09, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »

As long as I can use my trusty MP5 again, I'm happy. It's all I used in CoD 4. That may or may not explain why I'm not great at MP.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 09, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »

I've watched almost 25 hours of footage this week.  eek  I definitely have things narrowed down a bit and just need the hands-on to get it done.

The Famas in MW2 is much like the M16 was in CoD4 so you will probably like it.  There is also a sidearm called the Raffica which actually is pretty much a mini-m16 and pretty overpowered for a pistol slywink

I definitely need a weapon with good accuracy.  In looking at the stats of each assault rifle, I think you're right, the Famas might be what I'm looking for until I can feel the reassuring comfort of the M16's 3-shot burst.

I couldn't find the Raffica, though.  I saw a PP-2000 listed and a TMP listed, but nothing with the "Raffica" nickname.  Man, there are a lot of weapons.  Sidearms, machine pistols, sight attachments, Thumpers, a bunch of shotguns.   icon_eek

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 06:26:52 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 09, 2009, 06:18:26 PM

Wtf, why??

is that a 'why is it in the game at all?' or a 'why not until 40?'  slywink

The vast majority of players felt the M16 was grossly overpowered compared to other guns.  Many people were upset to find that not only is it in the new game, but there are 2 other guns of equal power/accuracy.

People like me need those guns to be even remotely competitive. 

Quote from: JayDee on November 09, 2009, 06:28:49 PM

As long as I can use my trusty MP5 again, I'm happy. It's all I used in CoD 4. That may or may not explain why I'm not great at MP.

For some reason I just couldn't get into the MP5.  Not sure why.  I just kept missing the M16 and inevitably went back to it, even when levels were more fitting of fully automatic weapons.  Which is probably why I'm not great at MP either. 

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 09, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 09, 2009, 06:28:49 PM

MP5 is not in, the MP5k is, but it's actually not the same gun.  close though.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 09, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

All hail the Wiki!

In 1976 a shortened version of the MP5A2 was introduced; the MP5K (K from the German word Kurz = "short") was designed for close quarters battle use by clandestine operations and special services. The MP5K does not have a shoulder stock (the receiver end was covered with a flat cover), and the bolt and receiver were shortened at the rear. The resultant lighter bolt led to a higher rate of fire than the standard MP5. The barrel, cocking handle and its cover were shortened and a vertical foregrip was used to replace the standard handguard. The barrel ends at the base of the foresight, which prevents the use of any sort of muzzle device.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 09, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »

Skystride is playing right now  crybaby
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 09, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »

It's an illusion though Pete, you feel you need the gun to be competitive, but if the problem is skill then someone with more skill will still be better because they can use the same gun.

The m16, mp5 and RPD were just head and shoulders better than almost every other gun in COD4.  I ended up using those three as my primary because I got sick of getting killed by people who were obviously less skilled.  The other guns just couldn't compete so by the end of when I was playing almost everyone was using those three.  That's just poor game balance.

The reason you didn't see the Raffica on the list is that you are looking at a very incomplete website.

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/weapons/machine-pistols/ is a list of some of the other guns available.

Here's an example of how burst fire weapons are a bit overpowered in CoD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAVnCbksH68

I foresee the m16, Famas and Raffica being some of the most used and abused weapons.

As a bonus, you get to hear 'Care package waiting for your Mom!' in the video.  (and yes, I know he's not REALLY saying that)

And skystride is a bitch Tongue
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 09, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »

F-you Skystride  icon_razz Nice job getting the game a little early.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 09, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

Well it's good to see they worked on eliminating pinpoint accuracy from distances where guns should no longer be pinpoint... thumbsdown

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 09, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 06:40:10 PM

I foresee the m16, Famas and Raffica being some of the most used and abused weapons.

That pistol is nuts.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 09, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:37:07 PM

Quote from: JayDee on November 09, 2009, 05:35:45 PM

Can you play the special co-op missions online? Or do you have to be in the same room?

heh, you just asked the exact opposite question as Skystride slywink

I'm pretty sure it's available in all modes.

Yeah I checked it out, spec ops has online and splitscreen.  It looks like there are lots of different maps and objectives (but needs to be unlocked).

And Hark, no not pirating, you don't want to know what I had to do to the store owner to get him to sell it  saywhat
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 09, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »

Quote from: skystride on November 09, 2009, 06:53:46 PM

And Hark, no not pirating, you don't want to know what I had to do to the store owner to get him to sell it  saywhat

did you at least wear kneepads?  icon_twisted Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 09, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »

Quote from: Bob on November 09, 2009, 06:51:23 PM

That pistol is nuts. broken.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 09, 2009, 07:04:48 PM »

That pistol is nuts.

I need to stop watching these videos and remember I'm mad at them for messing with the PC version.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 09, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »

Hmmm.. wait to pick it up at Gamestop where it is already paid off or go to the small mom & pop store and pick it up, since rumor has it they have their shipment and are selling them....  Decisions... Decisions...
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 09, 2009, 07:07:34 PM »

Why are there no reviews out btw?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 09, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 09, 2009, 07:05:07 PM

Hmmm.. wait to pick it up at Gamestop where it is already paid off or go to the small mom & pop store and pick it up, since rumor has it they have their shipment and are selling them....  Decisions... Decisions...

easy one.  buy it from the mom & pop and then get a refund.  the small chain gets the $, you get the game.

or, you could try convincing gamestop to start selling early like they did in nyc.  not much chance of that though unless the manager is cool

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 09, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 07:07:34 PM

Why are there no reviews out btw?

yeah, it's odd that they are all embargoed.  you'd think one of the big sites would have paid top dollar to be the first live review.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 09, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »

I would deifnitely go to the mom and pop.  you can always either get a refund or just apply your money to another purchase at GS.
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: November 09, 2009, 07:21:39 PM »

Wonder why there aren't any reviews if it's officially released tonite midnight.

I mean, fs...I already got it on saturday and finished it and -still- no reviews.

For those wondering, I will say three little things about the game (without spoiling anything, obviously slywink):

1. It doth kick major ass and takes names, I'd dare say far more than MW.

2. Some very neat, but not totally unexpected plot twists.

3. Recycles a few ideas of the first game, but in a good way, in a good way.

And an extra 4, for kicks: it leaves te game, IMO, open for a sequel, which I cannot wait, oh boy, oh boy!!!

And I shall say no more, you -really- need to experience this by yourselves biggrin

Alas, I dare not connect to Live before the launch date at the risk of getting banned...but I -so- want to play Spec Ops....

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 09, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »

officially, you won't get the ban if you have the game legitimately.  i think i'd be a little wary myself though as it puts you in their radar. 

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 09, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »

yep, unless you have a pirate copy, there is no reason at all for you to be wary of playing on Live
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #870 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

No piracy here. I left the habit of piracing console games years ago (almost a decade, actually). In fact, the only console I actually got some pirated games for was the PSX, so go figure how long it's been.

For the PC I have been more flexible (specially with old titles, can't get'em in Mexico, unless you import at outrageous prices, but then sites like Gog.com has made me turn a new leaf there too), though I only buy originals nowadays, I still have a few pirated copies (I know, mybad), mostly v. old games, but even those I try to replace if I can.

All in all, I am redeeming myself, slowly, but surely biggrin

Srsly....game kicks ass....I am afraid to play it in Veteran, but if I could beat Mile High Club, I can beat anything!!!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 09, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »

That pistol is nuts.

that's gun is bullshit!!!,i hope that isn't one of the weapons you can duel shoot with

seeing that video makes me yearn for the good old days COD2 gameplay,screw perks off ..and lets see some real skill out there

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 09, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 09, 2009, 07:48:39 PM

That pistol is nuts.

that's gun is bullshit!!!,i hope that isn't one of the weapons you can duel shoot with

seeing that video makes me yearn for the good old days COD2 gameplay,screw perks off ..and lets see some real skill out there

I really like perks because I find it gives you something to work towards which eliminates the repetitiveness that a lot of MP games can become. Also, it makes players slightly unique in their abilities.

That being said, I would love an option to play without perks or power ups of any kind. You can still accumulate experience and rank, but for this particular mode you can't use any of your power ups. I have a feeling I would do significantly better in this mode because I've always had a hard time figuring out what perks to get and how to use them effectively.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 09, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »

I think the perk choices , attachment choices and the kills streaks are what make me play CoD
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 09, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 07:57:03 PM

I think the perk choices , attachment choices and the kills streaks are what make me play CoD

Same here.  Otherwise you just have yet another cookie-cutter shooter.  I love the leveling system in COD, I enjoy the perk options as everyone plays the game differently and it allows you to customize your load-out and perk system to fit your own style of play, and the leveling and perk systems allow you to always be working toward something beyond just amassing kills. 

MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: November 09, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

I thought you played to slaughter all those that opposed you Hark slywink

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 09, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »

Quote from: MrDuck on November 09, 2009, 08:01:15 PM

NO, he watches 25 hrs of pre vid, studies the maps and ballistics information of the wapons and takes time off of work to slaughter all those who oppose him. slywink
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #877 on: November 09, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »

Plz don't kill me (too quickly) Hark.....frown

Eh, I can't complain, I think I've killed Hark once or twice, so that's something to tell the grandchildren smile

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 09, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »

I will probably forego Prestige this time around and focus on unlocking weapons and challenges rather than re-starting the treadmill every time I hit it.  Either way, I'm sure I'll take a K/D hit, so I might as well keep some of the stuff that I accumulate and stop having to re-earn all the weapons that I've come to rely on.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 09, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »

I'm really looking forward to potentially having a game completely filled with GT members.  There were some nights of COD4 and W@W when there wasn't a single stranger in the room.  Good times, good times.  

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 09, 2009, 08:03:32 PM

Quote from: MrDuck on November 09, 2009, 08:01:15 PM

NO, he watches 25 hrs of pre vid, studies the maps and ballistics information of the wapons and takes time off of work to slaughter all those who oppose him. slywink

Hell, he slaughters you even if you don't oppose him.  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: