http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:52:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed! [Now with hands on!]  (Read 42744 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »

Do I need to watch the video of the mile high club again to get ready for this game?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 09, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 04:43:57 PM

Do I need to watch the video of the mile high club again to get ready for this game?

it depends on which mile high club video you're gonna watch  unibrow

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 09, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »

Up to this point I've kind of ignored the spec-ops portion of the game, considering it more or less a "throwaway" game type like Nazi Zombies or Terrorist Hunt.  If I have the option of killing live players in team deathmatch or AI enemies like in Nazi Zombies, I'd rather play team deathmatch.  But, after watching a gameplay video on IGN, it looks pretty damn intense and fun, and unlike games like Zombies or Terrorist Hunt, you have an actual objective to achieve beyond just laying waste to as many enemies as possible.  

I'm excited to be able to play a co-op gametype with friends who come by to hang out as I don't have many co-op games and I really don't like to play through storylines in co-op as I like to progress through a game at my own pace.  I like to watch cutscenes, explore the area, and find hidden items, and that just doesn't work well when playing co-op.  Spec-ops gives me a chance to play a game type completely separate from the main storyline, but it still has objectives and rewards, making it something I may just try to play with friends in the same room.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 09, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »

Why not play through it?  On Friday night when I lost out of our poker match, rather than just sit around watching others play poker I loaded up COD4 and played through the mile high club five or six times.  It was more than enough to get me even more hyped for MW2. 

Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 09, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

Hopefully Hurricane Ida doesn't mess up my plans to pick this up tommorrow at lunch.  I have a brand new 55 in LCD TV and it is just begging for me to play this game on it.  And with Wednesday being a holiday.. that makes it even better.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 09, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

you can also level up in splitscreen with your wife Pete.  It keeps separate xp stats for splitscreen than it does on live, but at least this time around it saves them.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 09, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2009, 04:51:51 PM

Why not play through it?  On Friday night when I lost out of our poker match, rather than just sit around watching others play poker I loaded up COD4 and played through the mile high club five or six times.  It was more than enough to get me even more hyped for MW2. 

I sold COD4 a while back Pete.  I thought that the mile high club was a story element to be used for the sequel?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 09, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:32:21 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on November 09, 2009, 02:32:47 PM

There there, Jarrodhk and Teggy. Don't feel bad. I don't have you on ignore.

have either of them posted in this thread yet?

Well played, sir.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 09, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

I think MHC had at least one character in it that was no longer alive at the end of CoD4 so I saw it as more of a throw-away 'best of' mission from before Soap joined.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »

Anyone know what kind of graphical differences there will be between the PC and console (particularly PS3) versions? I'm planning to get it for my PS3, but since I have a monster of a computer, I might reconsider if the differences are big enough.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 09, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 04:54:47 PM

I sold COD4 a while back Pete.  I thought that the mile high club was a story element to be used for the sequel?

Oooooh, my bad.  I sold a lot of my older games, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to part with COD4.  

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:57:49 PM

I think MHC had at least one character in it that was no longer alive at the end of CoD4 so I saw it as more of a throw-away 'best of' mission from before Soap joined.

I thought the same thing, that it was just a neat way to finish the game but not necessarily something to set up the story for MW2.  I also thought all the major enemies in COD4 were "addressed", so I'm anticipating a new major team of baddies to be dealt with in MW2.  

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 09, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:53:12 PM

you can also level up in splitscreen with your wife Pete.  It keeps separate xp stats for splitscreen than it does on live, but at least this time around it saves them.

That's pretty cool.  Not sure if Jaime will want to play, but my buddy Chris (a fellow Eagles masochist......I mean fan) is a big videogame fan and since he only has a PS2 and loves our entertainment setup he may be over often enough for us to set him up with a local profile on my 360 to play spec-ops and track stats.  And he always comes with beer.   icon_biggrin

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 09, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2009, 05:01:15 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 04:54:47 PM

Oooooh, my bad.  I sold a lot of my older games, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to part with COD4.  

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:57:49 PM

I thought the same thing, that it was just a neat way to finish the game but not necessarily something to set up the story for MW2.  I also thought all the major enemies in COD4 were "addressed", so I'm anticipating a new major team of baddies to be dealt with in MW2.  

Thanks gents!  I am all ready to go with MW2 then!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

Are they going to reset everyone's MP stats at midnight tonight since some people have been playing for days now?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 09, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »

LOL.  I just got a flash from my cable/Internet provider, one of the big 2 in Columbus, that said they'll be doing maintenance tonight starting at 1am and to expect a disruption in service.... I imagine there's gonna be a bunch of pissed off players lookng to play after going to the midnight release  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 09, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 05:09:26 PM

Are they going to reset everyone's MP stats at midnight tonight since some people have been playing for days now?

I believe so as per Thin_J:

Quote from: Thin_J on November 08, 2009, 09:46:01 PM

The more video I watch the more glad I am they're resetting stats and leaderboards and stuff for the release. I have zero desire to go up against these people who already know all the maps and have all the toys unlocked.

At least resetting them will give me a little time to get acquainted to the maps.

I certainly hope so.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 09, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2009, 05:00:13 PM

Anyone know what kind of graphical differences there will be between the PC and console (particularly PS3) versions? I'm planning to get it for my PS3, but since I have a monster of a computer, I might reconsider if the differences are big enough.

it will undeniably look better on PC, on the console it runs at 1024 x 600 and is upscaled to whatever res your display is.  Despite having a PC that could display it at that resolution though, I prefer the console controller and playing with my Live buddies.  If neither of those are selling points for you, PC may be the best bet for you.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 09, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »

They are not resetting stats. frown

They had steadfastly insisted they were up until yesterday when the same rep that had said they were all along, said they weren't touching the stats for people with legit copies.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: November 09, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:13:48 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2009, 05:00:13 PM

it will undeniably look better on PC, on the console it runs at 1024 x 600 and is upscaled to whatever res your display is.  Despite having a PC that could display it at that resolution though, I prefer the console controller and playing with my Live buddies.  If neither of those are selling points for you, PC may be the best bet for you.

So the only difference is resolution? If that's the case, it's not a problem at all.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 09, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »

with this version they are making the PC version more and more like the consoles and the higher resolution is pretty much the defining difference now.

It still really irks me that they advertise 360 games as running at 1080p when I have yet to see one that does.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 09, 2009, 05:18:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:14:41 PM

They had steadfastly insisted they were up until yesterday when the same rep that had said they were all along, said they weren't touching the stats for people with legit copies.

disgust

Although I guess I can understand that, as it wouldn't be fare to the people with legit copies.  After all, it's not their fault stores broke the release date, and if any of us had a chance at an early copy you know we'd jump on it in a heartbeat and then go apeshit if Infinity Ward reset our stats.  Well, we wouldn't be upset if they reset Hark's stats, but certainly if they reset ours.   icon_wink

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 09, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

Yeah, I saw this, but to be honest I don't really care. The people who play non-stop because the want to be on top of the leaderboards will wind up there if they get a head start or not. Some people will wind up having some perks before you, but that would happen anyway when you went prestige.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2009, 05:18:43 PM

disgust

Although I guess I can understand that, as it wouldn't be fare to the people with legit copies.  After all, it's not their fault stores broke the release date, and if any of us had a chance at an early copy you know we'd jump on it in a heartbeat and then go apeshit if Infinity Ward reset our stats.  Well, we wouldn't be upset if they reset Hark's stats, but certainly if they reset ours.   icon_wink

Well that sucks.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 09, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:18:12 PM

with this version they are making the PC version more and more like the consoles and the higher resolution is pretty much the defining difference now.

It still really irks me that they advertise 360 games as running at 1080p when I have yet to see one that does.

Don't forget mouse and keyboard controls and chat support. Those are features built in just for PCs! slywink

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 09, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 09, 2009, 05:20:20 PM

Yeah, I saw this, but to be honest I don't really care. The people who play non-stop because the want to be on top of the leaderboards will wind up there if they get a head start or not. Some people will wind up having some perks before you, but that would happen anyway when you went prestige.

That's a good point.  And since I didn't start playing MP in COD4 until others had been playing for a few weeks I still eventually caught up and earned enough perks and new weapons to be competitive.  It was tough at first but it usually doesn't take too terribly long to level up, especially when playing on a team with decent players. 

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:28:16 PM

that's a different mode.  Spec Ops which is also available coop and has a Terrorist Hunt mode ala R6:V

Please tell me that mode supports splitscreen!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 09, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »

Quote from: skystride on November 09, 2009, 05:26:21 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 04:28:16 PM

that's a different mode.  Spec Ops which is also available coop and has a Terrorist Hunt mode ala R6:V

Please tell me that mode supports splitscreen!

heh, you and your splitscreen.. lose the real life friends bud! slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 09, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

here's what happens when you combine too many negative factors into one situation... epic fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridutF6Qi9Q
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 09, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »

Can you play the special co-op missions online? Or do you have to be in the same room?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 09, 2009, 05:35:45 PM

Can you play the special co-op missions online? Or do you have to be in the same room?

heh, you just asked the exact opposite question as Skystride slywink

I'm pretty sure it's available in all modes.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:33:50 PM

here's what happens when you combine too many negative factors into one situation... epic fail

LOL you can be killed by the drops themselves?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 09, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:37:07 PM

Quote from: JayDee on November 09, 2009, 05:35:45 PM

heh, you just asked the exact opposite question as Skystride slywink

I'm pretty sure it's available in all modes.

haha, oops! This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up with all the posts.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 09, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 05:37:26 PM

there's a challenge to get the final kill in a match by dropping a crate on an enemy. O_o
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:50:04 PM

there's a challenge to get the final kill in a match by dropping a crate on an enemy. O_o

Do you actually place the drops?  I figured you'd just press a button and it would just drop on your position.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »

Reminds me of my first attempt at Choplifter back in the day.  I was convined that the fastest way to pick up the troops was to land directly on them...   retard

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 09, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »

you throw out a smoke grenade to signal the drop site.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 09, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2009, 05:52:18 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2009, 05:50:04 PM

Do you actually place the drops?  I figured you'd just press a button and it would just drop on your position.

Yeah.  In one of the videos I watched, every time you want to call in a drop, you throw out a smoke flare to mark the position for the drop.

Damn, beaten by Hark, but at least I quoted your post, Leo!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 09, 2009, 05:57:20 PM »

Looks like I'll primarily be using the M4 or the SCAR this time around. 

Intersting tidbit: Our armed forces are finally getting SCARs as standard issue now!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 09, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »

SCAR looks like it might be my main AR.

FAL looks nice as well, as does the AUG
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 09, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2009, 05:52:46 PM

Reminds me of my first attempt at Choplifter back in the day.  I was convined that the fastest way to pick up the troops was to land directly on them...   retard

icon_lol

You weren't the only one.   ninja

In my post listing all of the players I look forward to joining on the field of battle again, how could I have possibly forgotten The Hard-on Smasher?   icon_redface

Hard-ons will certainly be smashed.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:07:25 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: