http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 11:18:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed! [Now with hands on!]  (Read 42611 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2009, 05:18:31 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 07, 2009, 04:50:56 PM

It's a joke, see...

Boooo.

thumbsdown

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »

I think the game really needs a chainsaw gun.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on August 07, 2009, 05:23:29 PM

rocket powered chainsaw guns that shoot bullets after you fire them out of a bazooka that also has gatling guns in the sides and a grenade launcher that fires dogs with killer bees in their mouths.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2009, 06:37:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 07, 2009, 06:37:24 PM

rocket powered chainsaw guns that shoot bullets after you fire them out of a bazooka that also has gatling guns in the sides and a grenade launcher that fires dogs with killer bees in their mouths.

+100

I'd buy any game with that gun!  Props for creativity.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

Is it possible that this is the biggest release in years?  Just curious.  I'm personally anticipating it more than any other game.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 08, 2009, 06:37:17 PM

+100

I'd buy any game with that gun!  Props for creativity.

He's got nothing on these guys.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 08, 2009, 06:41:43 PM

that is absolutely awesome icon_cool

love this one...

Gun That Shoots Guns

This might sound boring, and it is. The gun that shoots guns can do no more than knock your opponent unconscious, this is because the gun that shoots guns only allows you to pistol-whip your enemies over great distances.  Use of the gun comes with a risk due to the fact that if you miss, you have now armed your enemy with a boring, yet perhaps more lethal, gun.

Infinite Regression of Guns That Shoot Guns

This type of hand gun will fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fires guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns that fire guns... on to infinity

...and continues to fire guns after impact with the target.

This is infact the best and the worst weapon in the world, seeing as with in less than a minute the room you have fired this gun in will fill with guns, that are getting smaller. Eventually these guns will form a gas, which, however, may not be fatal, bar the fact there are thousands of muzzle flashes and thousands of guns being fired inside your lungs at high velocities. This is worse than smoking.
***Warning: do not fire outdoors***
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:27:09 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 08, 2009, 06:40:56 PM

Is it possible that this is the biggest release in years?  Just curious.  I'm personally anticipating it more than any other game.

No way.

Biggest release this year?  You might have a case for that.

Biggest release in years?  Not a chance.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »

Quote from: disarm on August 08, 2009, 07:18:22 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 08, 2009, 06:41:43 PM

that is absolutely awesome icon_cool

love this one...

I like this one:

A robot with guns for arms shooting a plane made out of guns that fires guns that shoot wikipedia articles that shoot ideas that shoot memories that shoots bullets that shoots guns that shoots bullets and gun shooting swords that shoot cool dvds that shoot shields that shoot megaman that shoots mario that shoots zelda that shoots sonic that shoots ikaruga that shoots rtype that shoots levar burton that shoot megaman again that shoots robocop shooting superman that shoots batman that shoots brittney spears that shoots a rapid succession of existentialism that shoots warez that shoots games that shoots guns that shoot fun that shoots money swords that shoot gold chocolate that shoot bond films that shoot ghibli films that shoot bobby mcferrin music that shoot raeggae that shoots cops the cartoon series that shoots explosions that shoot rockets that shoot mommies that shoot aero clocks that shoot mad hatters that shoot dignity that shoots the simpsons that shoots homestar runner shooting bubs that shoot cheat that shoots cheating that shoots that shoots mr t that shoots treat her right that shoot rap lyrics that shoots electron microscopes that shoot swords that shoot sharp glass rings that shoot serrated glass rings that shoot dangerous glass rings that shoot megaman again that shoot oscar wilde that shoot monkeys that shoot moms keys that shoot mom skis that shoot daughter skis that shoot baby skis that shoot super skis that shoot polish language that shooots weariness that shoots excitement that shoots galaxies that shoot worm holes that shoot vcrs that shoot themselves getting shot by other vcrs using dvd players to shoot routers that shoot advice that shoots problems that shoot education that shoot a top ten list of the best late night show hosts that shoot words that shoot monkeys that shoot babies again that shoot megaman again that shoot momies again that shoots attention that shoots nuclear explosions that shoot four dimensional hypercubs that shoot fractals that shoot romulans that shoot their mouth off and vulcan mind meld abilities that shoot the jedi mind trick that shoots real objects that shoot concrete objects that shoot concrete that shoot objections that shoot object lessons that shoot object lessens that shoots shrinking rays that shoot peanut butter that shoots jelly in the same jar that shoots brian regan that shoots jokes that shoot children that shoot tears that shoot suffering that shoot yoda that shoots education about the force that shoots megaman again that shoots swords that shoot bombs that shoot knives that shoot nonsense that shoot bullets with razor edges that shoot swords that shoot guns that shoot knives that shoot bullets that shoot swords that shoot guns that shoot knives that shoot bullets that shoot guns that shoot the face of children that shoot war kittens that shoot other weapons that shoot other weapons that don't exist but should that shoot kodak bears that shoot Planets that shoot Soviet Russia that shoots magaman's zombie ghost that shoots you in the face again that shoots John Freeman that shoots crowbars.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 07, 2009, 04:50:56 PM

It's a joke, see...

I didnt' get it either, sorry Had!  There's plenty of cover in all maps in CoD regardless, and on Makin in particular, I spend the whole map behind that fence using it as cover slywink

I think Pr0ner is wrong btw, this is definitely one of the biggest releases in several years and I can see several sales records being broken.

CoD4 was a surprise hit of high magnitude that waned a bit with WaW (which still sold well), IW made sure to get in the media about how they weren't Treyarch and involved in WaW and have now been pushing MW2 enough that I think it'll be a biggun
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:21:06 PM by Harkonis » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 08, 2009, 09:18:07 PM

I think Pr0ner is wrong btw, this is definitely one of the biggest releases in several years and I can see several sales records being broken.

I know it's going to be a huge release, don't get me wrong.  But Eco said "the biggest release in years".  Not one of the biggest, but THE biggest.

For biggest in several years, it's got a bit of competition: Halo 3, GTAIV, whatever iteration of Madden you want to pick, Sims 3, WoW, RockBand, Guitar Hero, StarCraft 2.  And that's not even getting into the still mind blowing early sales for whatever casual/hot Wii game you want to pick.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:27 PM »

They should just do Call of Duty:40K Warhammer and I'd die happy...

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 08, 2009, 10:38:27 PM

They should just do Call of Duty:40K Warhammer and I'd die happy...

promise?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2009, 12:14:26 AM »

just found this...8 players for Call of duty 1 mulitplayer

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/FirstPersonShooter/~r342987/Modern-Warfare-2-Limited-Hardened-Edition/?s=Modern%20Warfare%202:%20Limited%20Hardened%20Edition

Inside the SteelBook you'll find:

* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Core Edition game
    * Hardbound art book, 'Behind the Lines' designed by artists at Infinity Ward and featuring the art of Modern Warfare 2.

Include full downloadable game: Call of Duty Classic:

* For the first time ever, Infinity Wardís 2003 award-winning game that launched a franchise comes to consoles
    * Relive the original Call of Duty experience in HD
    * Winner of over 80 Game of the Year Awards and 50 Editorís Choice Awards
    * 8-Player multiplayer, including Deathmatch, Team Death match, retrieval, HQ, S&D and Behind Enemy Lines

Call of duty 2 on the 360 is only 8 players as well,i guess i was expecting an improvement somehow,but i am glad that it does have Multiplayer(there were rumours that the multiplayer had been taken out),i am hoping the MP stays healthy online unlike COD2 where no one plays anymore(which is a shame as its one of the best online games on the 360)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2009, 12:29:10 AM »

what's the draw of CoD1 when you get CoD:MW2 at the same time?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 09, 2009, 12:29:10 AM

what's the draw of CoD1 when you get CoD:MW2 at the same time?

Call of duty was one of my first loves of Online play...yes it was PC and i hate the controls,but i loved the maps the style,and i haven't looked back since...i bought Call of duty 2 on PC as well,finished that then bought it on 360,and pretty much haven't played a PC game since

i remember really liking the single player as well...and i am sure it lasted more than 5 f**king hours like the new one does(apparently Activision have said it(MW2) is the same length as COD4,and i finished that on Normal in just over 5 hrs)

my copy of Call of duty i lent to a Polish Guy at work(along with PC version of Wolfenstein:ET)...and the bastard got deported or something,and he took the games with him

there is also the added bonus of having all the call of duty's showing on my gamercard Tongue

thinking about that actually,the 360 is the only place you will be able to play all the COD games(main series) on 1 machine...as PS3 didn't get COD2 and PC didn't get COD3...although PC have the expansion United Offensive for COD1

i have still got the expansion crybaby

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2009, 02:27:38 PM »

Very possible.  Modern Warfare 1 was a monster- 13 million copies sold (same as GTA4), probably more than Halo 3 (most recent numbers I can find there are 8 million but they are 18 months old).  The only stuff higher are things like Wii Fit and maybe Mario Kart Wii. 
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

I dunno about COD1 MP, I wasn't too impressed at the time.  I don't think it brought anything new to the table after Medal of Honor.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 09, 2009, 02:27:38 PM

Very possible.  Modern Warfare 1 was a monster- 13 million copies sold (same as GTA4), probably more than Halo 3 (most recent numbers I can find there are 8 million but they are 18 months old).  The only stuff higher are things like Wii Fit and maybe Mario Kart Wii. 

It seems like a lot of other publishers are feeling that it may be the biggest release in years.  We've been seeing a lot of games move out of its path, supposedly.  Activision is expecting it, too, as they've jacked the price up in England.  (http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=35274.0)

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »

Fifty's in the game, although I doubt we'll be hearing anyone say 'I'm gonna pop a cap up your ass'  icon_lol

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2009, 03:37:02 PM »

I'm just hoping either normal mode is fine for us or that they leave in the voices in hardcore mode since the previous two remove voices when you play hardcore.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 10, 2009, 02:52:07 PM

Fifty's in the game, although I doubt we'll be hearing anyone say 'I'm gonna pop a cap up your ass'  icon_lol

Given how many bullets the NPC's take to kill in COD games, this seems fitting.

Just a little hiccup.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2009, 01:01:43 AM »

I just watched the E3 stage demo on Gamespot and they showed a campaign level.  NPC's were down in Hardcore level of shots (1-2 rounds takes them out) and I was very impressed.

They also mentioned that there is now a melee stance you can go into (possibly related to take downs).
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »

Any idea if it still spawns infinite enemies on you until you hit the trigger point?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:57 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 17, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Any idea if it still spawns infinite enemies on you until you hit the trigger point?

not according to this.  of course if it's wrong you can blame jz icon_biggrin

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2009, 03:37:57 PM

I stand by my quote. Or rather I've placed bettys near it and am hanging back to watch the fun.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »

Beta isn't happening

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=221588

Activision has told CVG at Gamescom that there'll be be no multiplayer beta for Modern Warfare 2. You may remember that the first MW game had a huge open beta test that you could say was a massive success in bringing people round to Call Of Duty's multiplayer options. But it looks like there's no need to do that this time round. The sequel will be big enough, thanks.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 19, 2009, 04:26:51 PM

Beta isn't happening

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=221588

Activision has told CVG at Gamescom that there'll be be no multiplayer beta for Modern Warfare 2. You may remember that the first MW game had a huge open beta test that you could say was a massive success in bringing people round to Call Of Duty's multiplayer options. But it looks like there's no need to do that this time round. The sequel will be big enough, thanks.

So should we then assume that MW2 out of the box MP won't be a tight or glitch free as MW?  This makes no sense to me.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2009, 03:37:57 PM

And he can shift blame to me...

Just a little hiccup.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

this time you can also go akimbo.  don't worry though, you can't dual wield RPG's.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2009, 04:31:49 PM

this time you can also go akimbo.  don't worry though, you can't dual wield RPG's.

Dual Skorpion's would be cool biggrin

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »

I was listening to 1Up's podcast and they had impressions of the coop from Gamesom. Basically you can't play through the campaign with a partner and there isn't a seperate coop campaign. There's a small series of mini-levels, similar to the last level in MW2 on the plane being held up by terrorists. You and a partner make your way through a series of these intense mini-levels and try to beat your best time and so on. These mini coop levels can be played solo too, however.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 25, 2009, 05:02:12 PM

Basically you can't play through the campaign with a partner and there isn't a seperate coop campaign.

That's too bad.  So it seems Treyarch pwnd Infinity Ward in the co-op department.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »

Yeah for some reason Infinity Ward seems convinced that you can't tell a story in an FPS if it has Co-op.  Which is odd because I don't remember any real problems with that while playing R6:Vegas 1 and 2 co-op (well, minus the missing cutscenes in the first one).

Fortunately the MP and the SP was good enough in MW that I'll still be playing.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »

2 gameplay videos ...graphics look amazing

1minute 38seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuwFT4p5hA

1minute 1second(not as good quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWhx77Jk7p0

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

Looks so awesome!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

I'm sure the Army is going to love the fact that they show them torturing a captive.

But it looks great. Having the civilians running through the street was a great touch.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:02 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 27, 2009, 09:35:57 PM

I'm sure the Army is going to love the fact that they show them torturing a captive.

But it looks great. Having the civilians running through the street was a great touch.

Good thing Activision has Infinity Ward's back, I feel bad for Atom Games and what happened over Six Days in Fallujah.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 28, 2009, 12:18:02 AM

Good thing Activision has Infinity Ward's back, I feel bad for Atom Games and what happened over Six Days in Fallujah.

on the plus side those guys don't look like US military.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2009, 01:26:20 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2009, 12:48:40 AM

Quote from: Ridah on August 28, 2009, 12:18:02 AM

on the plus side those guys don't look like US military.

Blackwater?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: