http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/Wii U/Ps3] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2  (Read 11863 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:08 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 14, 2012, 01:39:17 AM

Quote from: Teggy on November 13, 2012, 10:17:56 PM

Amazon release day delivery has not arrived yet. Lame.

OK, so we know that MO hates the game with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Anyone else?

Tongue icon_lol

Actually just to make my self clear,that is just the online part i was ranting about(which could of been substituted with 3 map packs for MW3)

I did go back to the single player and finish the game,and although i am still lost with a couple of parts of the story it was at least better than Black Ops 1 story(IMO)...however,6-7hrs,i thought it was decent but as all single player CODs,i probably wont(wouldn't) go back to it again,i usually buy the games for online

Not sure what happened when the game changed to an RTS,maybe i somehow went to a spec ops level(are the spec ops levels RTS?),i don't know...the area in that RTS part is used in Multiplayer as the map 'Drone'..and then when i went back to it(resumed game),it just went straight to a cut scene in a boxing ring..i feel a missed quite a bit of story

So,if anyone wants to clear that up for me i would be quite grateful as i don't wish to look into it myself icon_twisted it popped up somewhere about the 5th level i think

Also for those who have finished the story,maybe you can clear up a few parts i am confused about
Spoiler for Hiden:
So,what the hell happened to that girl 'Karma' after she was kidnapped from the nightclub?...i honestly can't remember hearing her name or what happened to her after that level

Why the hell did we go to that undercover guy and play from his perspective for 5 minutes?..what the hell was the point in that?...again,i don't think he was mentioned again

so was Raul's sister killed in fire or what?(you know pretty much the whole reason he waged war on America)...that 'give away of the story' at the end showed that she was the girl on the bed,although she had fire scars...but then after the credits it showed Raul digging up her grave and pouring petrol onto himself..so she DID die?..or did she die later or what?

It was all very Joker/Dark Knight wasn't it?..wanting to get caught i mean

The "RTS" level was a Strike Force Mission. There were 4 more of those, I believe. They affect the ending you get (there are 6)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Karma is the objective of one of the Strike Force Missions. Her not being around means she couldn't prevent one of the bad things from happening that I'm sure you saw at the end.

The choice you make at the end of that sequence with the undercover guy is a branching point of the storyline. Did Harper die or live when you were done?

Not really sure how you would have missed that unless that reveal (Menendez's sister) was part of the story branching I experienced and not yours

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:03 AM »

My copy is MIA. Amazon tarnishes their near perfect performance for me.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:13 AM »

I bought this.   Xbox 360.

I dipped my toe into single player tonight, but I'll be ready for multiplayer tomorrow night.    It just wouldn't be the holidays without playing Call of Duty with Hark, Kato and the gang.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:49 AM »

Picked mine up at 10:15am, but then went off to Jacksonville FL to visit my wife's sister who broke her leg last week. I guess I can't be grumpy about that Roll Eyes. I did manage to sneak in a visit to Chamblin's Bookmine, which is just an awesome place for a book lover dude

So it's 11:25pm and I'm just now installing the game...

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »

Got some time in this morning before bed. Enjoying the MP quite a bit. It can still be a bit frustrating, but, FAR better than MW3 to date.

I like the map design a lot better (even if Cargo hates my guts, except in mercenary Demolitions), the 10pt class design system is amazing. Really looking forward to more time playing with the gang.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:16 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 14, 2012, 04:24:49 AM

my wife's sister who broke her leg last week. I guess I can't be grumpy about that Roll Eyes.

Don't sell yourself short!  Be as grumpy as you'd like!!!!   mad

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »

Got my Amazon preorder yesterday and played for about an hour.  I got an invite to play with some GT guys (Thanks, Hark!) but I decided to get my feet wet in Boot Camp first.  So far, I like it!  I'm still terrible, but was showing some signs of improvement by the 4th or 5th round and even was able to call in a killstreak and finish a round >1.0.  Sadly, I'm looking at my schedule and don't see when I'll have a chance to play again before Saturday, assuming I don't have to work this weekend. 

For anyone else who preordered through Amazon, did you get your Nuketown 2025 code yet?  I still don't have mine.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »

Was there not an insert in the game box that has the code for Nuketown on it? It also has a code for a 2 day gold trial, so you might not have noticed that it is for Nuketown as well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »

Oh.  Maybe.  I didn't even look at the inserts in the box.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 14, 2012, 12:41:06 PM

Was there not an insert in the game box that has the code for Nuketown on it? It also has a code for a 2 day gold trial, so you might not have noticed that it is for Nuketown as well.

This .. check your insert Ike

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on November 14, 2012, 02:29:08 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Karma is the objective of one of the Strike Force Missions. Her not being around means she couldn't prevent one of the bad things from happening that I'm sure you saw at the end.

The choice you make at the end of that sequence with the undercover guy is a branching point of the storyline. Did Harper die or live when you were done?

Not really sure how you would have missed that unless that reveal (Menendez's sister) was part of the story branching I experienced and not yours

Spoiler for Hiden:
Huh,so you have to complete the Spec Ops levels to get the full story?,i was not aware of that...which bad thing could she of prevented?

Not sure where the which branching part....i didn't kill Raul when i had the chance towards the end,i also didn't try to kill him when i was the mole and killed Harper they had captured(i had a feeling it wouldn't of mattered,if i tried to kill Raul it wouldn't of happened)

What was the reveal of his sister that you mean?

throughout the game it was said that she was killed during a fire and that the Americans were responsible,later on that girl is on the bed asleep,at first i thought because it was a flashback episode that this was the episode that her death happened(the grenade,the villa on fire etc),but she was already scarred with burns all over her face...so i am still puzzled about her

Oh and one last thing,how you have a choice throughout the game to kill such a person or not...why could i not decide whether to kill that guy who betrayed everyone on the Obama?..when he was on the floor secured i was trying to shoot him,but it wouldn't let me Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »

I'm sick as a dog, with a terrible sore throat.  So if you play with me and I'm not talking much, that's why slywink

I'm going to try to get a stream up at some point today.  I'll post a link when it's active.  They are still having issues with Facebook integration which is an easy way to get the url posted instantly to kickstart viewers.

Edit: http://youtu.be/bpwy8HS00TU

WON't go live until 10 people are spectating (might still not work though, but going to try)

figures... leagues are down at the moment, it won't work yet and the link will be different every time I start

quad edit:  updated link, looks like it might be working
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:29:27 PM by Harkonis » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »

matchmaking borked again.  even when rooms are full, it will say 'need more players to balance teams'
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »

UAV seems a bit much now.  They not only neutered Ghost, but they ALSO made it unlock at level 55 so the only people using it are people who don't prestige.

I agree with the change to ghost, but the change is mostly irrelevant in non-league due to the late unlock.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2012, 05:56:01 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 14, 2012, 02:11:21 PM

UAV seems a bit much now.  They not only neutered Ghost, but they ALSO made it unlock at level 55 so the only people using it are people who don't prestige.

I agree with the change to ghost, but the change is mostly irrelevant in non-league due to the late unlock.

I was also pissed at Ghost being right up there

However,and this may be bullshit....i read somewhere that you keep your stuff when you prestige..or maybe you keep certain items,not entirely sure

Oh and 'Fast Hands'?...yeah useless for reloading quickly,its only for swapping weapons quickly,so a bit cheesed off with that as well,although it saved me a perk space icon_biggrin

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »

Hark, when will you be posting your guide and recommendations?  I'm afraid to spend any unlock tokens.

Gamertag = IkeV
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2012, 06:04:09 PM »

Does this one have the last game's feeling of always having your back exposed no matter where you find cover, combined with a spawn system designed to plop enemies directly in said exposed areas?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 14, 2012, 06:04:09 PM

Does this one have the last game's feeling of always having your back exposed no matter where you find cover, combined with a spawn system designed to plop enemies directly in said exposed areas?

Yes, absolutely.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:08 PM »

Amazon is in the doghouse. What are they trying to do, turn me into a PC gamer?

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »

My amazon copy came in yesterday (sorry teggy) but I couldn't get in any multiplayer due to lack of Internet. I was glad to see that there is the ability to do the multiplayer side with bots, so I messed around in that for a bit before loading up zombie mode. I strongly dislike the zombie modes in the previous games, but the changes sounded encouraging. I played one game of zombies, and it felt worse than the previous versions. No thank you.

That left single player, which is fairly "meh". That makes it one of the better single player campaigns. The RTS sections are by far the weakest point. They are fun, but are very out of place when thrown in to an already confusing storyline.

I hope to get some multiplayer in tonight, assuming everything is still up and running.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »

I fired up the original last night in order to prepare.  I played further into the campaign in one sitting than I ever had played before.  Yes, that's right, I never finished the BlOps campaign.  After that, I went online to play some MP to get back into the swing of things.  While I still had some horrible matches, my anti-air efforts were in full effect, getting a couple Cobras and even a Huey knocked down amongst all the spy planes.  Amazon tells me my copy should behere by Saturday. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 14, 2012, 04:23:13 AM

I bought this.   Xbox 360.

I dipped my toe into single player tonight, but I'll be ready for multiplayer tomorrow night.    It just wouldn't be the holidays without playing Call of Duty with Hark, Kato and the gang.

Sweet, welcome back man. We will shoot you an invite once you're online

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »

Ike, as far as I can tell you'll be fine with spending tokens how you want.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

I have done the unthinkable and bought the game at Walmart when I was out.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »

been playing single player, and haven't found the story too confusing yet.  didn't care for the RTS mission though, may skip the rest of those for now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:53 AM »

Anyone know how to skip the opening intro video? Having problems getting the game to work..(black screen right after video).. I am trying various troubleshooting things, but getting tired of having to wathc the video everytime.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2012, 05:52:20 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on November 15, 2012, 04:59:53 AM

Anyone know how to skip the opening intro video? Having problems getting the game to work..(black screen right after video).. I am trying various troubleshooting things, but getting tired of having to wathc the video everytime.

What system? My buddy, as of yesterday was having similar issues. He's on ps3, so am I and, knock on wood, so far I haven't really had any issues. What you are describing seems to be happening to quite a few peeps on ps3. Did you try logging out of live/ psn then booting the game? I've heard that works. Obviously you can't play mp then, but it would show that something with the online portion of the game is the culprit. Which would clearly make sense.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »

and done with single player.

meh.

encountered a bug on the second to last level (LA) and found the solution here.  said fuck it and restarted the level on recruit just to see the ending.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:04:17 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 15, 2012, 09:02:26 AM

and done with single player.

meh.

encountered a bug on the second to last level (LA) and found the solution here.  said fuck it and restarted the level on recruit just to see the ending.

Christ that was quick

Glad i didn't encounter that bug,but that would be because ..
Spoiler for Hiden:
I chose Sniper anyway

ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 14, 2012, 06:28:49 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on November 14, 2012, 06:04:09 PM

Yes, absolutely.
I feel like that happens much less than in MW3 maybe because the maps are generally larger?
On ps3, but even with the mild issues, feels like best launch they have done in long time (I.e. party system not broke, etc)

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »

Was somewhat disheartened yesterday when we ran into a entire team of quickscopers.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »

I don't understand the devs love for quickscoping.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 15, 2012, 03:23:15 PM

Was somewhat disheartened yesterday when we ran into a entire team of quickscopers.

Quote from: Bob on November 15, 2012, 04:28:05 PM

I don't understand the devs love for quickscoping.

This.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »

WTF is quickscoping?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 15, 2012, 05:25:25 PM

WTF is quickscoping?

just running about with a sniper rifle and quickly pressing LT and the RT <<and usually getting headshots..once they have quickly pressed LT and then RT they move on to the next victim

video here(1:14.. about 10 seconds of black screen at the start)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05_ikZJdQU

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 15, 2012, 12:41:15 PM

Christ that was quick

that's what she said biggrin

it took about 6-7 hours, probably closer to 6 with having to replay a couple of levels due to the game locking up (boat section) or bug interference (LA).

Because I can,
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Looks like it may be time for another contest....

Mike Dunn
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »

Strikeforce mission suck...WTF

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 15, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

Strikeforce mission suck...WTF

I thought the first one was the worst, but the others were actually pretty fun. They are all different as well.

Mike Dunn
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »

So how does the game compare to original Blops on the MP front?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: