http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 03:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty 4 Hands-on Questions  (Read 4544 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2007, 11:32:36 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 29, 2007, 05:59:58 PM

This game sounds fucking AWESOME. And Jarrod-in response to the more GTers need to play thing:

ITS NOT OUR CHOICE JACKASS I WANT TO PLAY askjflkjasdf.

Sorry, I am better now.

Are you sure you want to play?  I'm in and there ARE grenades in this game slywink
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 04, 2007, 11:32:36 PM

Quote from: Calvin on August 29, 2007, 05:59:58 PM

This game sounds fucking AWESOME. And Jarrod-in response to the more GTers need to play thing:

ITS NOT OUR CHOICE JACKASS I WANT TO PLAY askjflkjasdf.

Sorry, I am better now.

Are you sure you want to play?  I'm in and there ARE grenades in this game slywink

have you seen my stats? I don't think I'm having any trouble getting kills (or killed, but thats irrelevant so long as I kill others too)-grenades are great in this game-just right, rather than obscenely overpowered in R6.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2007, 11:55:22 PM »

I'm very much enjoying this despite the presence of the typical mouth-breathers I get matched up with.  It's very gratifying to watch someone through your sniper scope, wait for them to duck behind a wall, and shoot them through the side of the building they're in for a kill.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:24 AM »

Yeah I love tracking someone's movement after they've gone through a doorway into a hall or something and getting the kill after they're out of sight. Yay for bullet penetration on high caliber weapons.

Also: 20 kill streak tonight on the mostly indoor map playing Domination.

I got 4 kills. Used the UAV. Killed another as he tried to take the point I was defending, airstriked  A, where according to the UAV they were spawning as we had B and C locked down pretty well. I kill four more at B. The airstrike comes in and kills 6 people.

Then I spawned the helicopter and it went from there. Beautiful. I finished like 26/8 or something.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 05, 2007, 05:16:24 AM

Yeah I love tracking someone's movement after they've gone through a doorway into a hall or something and getting the kill after they're out of sight. Yay for bullet penetration on high caliber weapons.

Also: 20 kill streak tonight on the mostly indoor map playing Domination.

I got 4 kills. Used the UAV. Killed another as he tried to take the point I was defending, airstriked  A, where according to the UAV they were spawning as we had B and C locked down pretty well. I kill four more at B. The airstrike comes in and kills 6 people.

Then I spawned the helicopter and it went from there. Beautiful. I finished like 26/8 or something.

Jesus great game Thin-but you will not break me down. I am retired until retail smile
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »

I don't want to derail this thread, but is this game similar in feel to the MoH:Airborne game?  I realize CoD4 is now modern warfare vs. WWII, but I'm speaking in general terms.  Could someone characterize what they see as the main differences?

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2007, 11:53:08 AM »

It was mentioned somewhere else and I agree, that it's a lot like a modern version of Day of Defeat in playstyle.  It's not quite as crisp in feel though. 
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2007, 01:33:16 PM »

Lockdown: Cod4 feels much faster and more lethal to me than MOH does.  Hard to say much else as I would be comparing a SP demo to a MP beta...

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 05, 2007, 11:43:25 AM

I don't want to derail this thread, but is this game similar in feel to the MoH:Airborne game?  I realize CoD4 is now modern warfare vs. WWII, but I'm speaking in general terms.  Could someone characterize what they see as the main differences?

Not at all. It's a lot more like the Call of Duty, COD2, or COD3 games if you've played them on any console or system. They get the classic "feeling" of the game, with a very high tech and almost "Counter-Strike" type of feel also injected into it. The custom classes, perks, unlocks, challenges, and those types of additions make the game feel like it will have plenty of longegivity. They make real big differences in the game that are noticeable, so it's not like tweaking some minor RPG statistics.

That being said, if you've played a lot of the other Call of Dutys this game might feel a bit too similar. However, it is incredibly polished and smooth, especially for a beta.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:15 AM »

Level cap raises to 16 as of noon central time today.  This means ,among other things, clan tags.  So it is time to show your affiliation smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:45 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 07, 2007, 06:52:15 AM

Level cap raises to 16 as of noon central time today.  This means ,among other things, clan tags.  So it is time to show your affiliation smile
No no no, still done. No reason to spoil anything else biggrin
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »

Damn, I want in on this game.....  crybaby

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:27 AM »

so

here in teh UK,we finally get our chance to get into the beta

from either gamespot(who havent put their details up yet)..GAME stores,where you have to pre-order the game...or Eurogamer,which is where i went,i just had to sign up for the site,get a code of them which i did and there were 14000 left and then fill in that code at cod3beta.co.uk....and then i got an email back of them straight away which said

Congratulations, you have successfully registered to participate in the UK and Ireland public multiplayer BETA for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

We are receiving huge demand from gamers in the UK and Ireland to participate. A title update is currently in progress which means BETA tokens for registrants in the UK and Ireland will start being sent out on Monday 10th September.

BETA tokens will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis and we will be back in touch as soon as we can to provide you with your unique BETA Token code.

In the meantime, we recommend you visit http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php and check out the info on the BETA game modes, weapons, classes and controls.

### The Infinity Ward Team ###

so hopefully things will go my way..and all i have to do is wait

EDIT:

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2007, 01:19:34 AM

JUST GOT IN BITCHES!!

LOL,he's subtle isnt he?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:54:38 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 07, 2007, 06:52:15 AM

I totaly forgot that I got in until I saw the latest email update (2 Worlds addiction can't be broken  paranoid) but I may get around to downloading it Sunday.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »

Finally got to see this (and play it a little) today.  My nephew has been playing since the beta started, and he has quite a few "characters".  I was over his house today and I watched him play.  This game reminds me of a mix between Counterstrike and Battlefield 2 with a few twists.

I think it will be a pretty fun multiplayer game for a while, and then get old fast.  It is really hard for me to go back to a game with no cover mechanic after having it in Vegas and GoW.  Of course, I will get it anyway and totally stink at it.  The (GT) team aspect of the game is what I think will make it so much fun and totally shine.  Perhaps the single player as well, from what I've heard.

But the bottom line is, I'm getting too old and slow for this type of play.  I need to get a sniper rifle, camp about a quarter mile away from the heat, and just pick people off until someone comes up from behind and knifes me.  Then find a new place and do it again.    icon_neutral

Soulchilde: Are you getting this?  Just think of all the fun times I'll we'll have if we are on the same team!

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2007, 01:47:36 AM »

It has a party system, and I would think in the retail release that you will be able to have entire rooms full of friends, instead of the limit of 6 the beta has.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2007, 03:15:05 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 10, 2007, 01:01:48 AM

But the bottom line is, I'm getting too old and slow for this type of play.  I need to get a sniper rifle, camp about a quarter mile away from the heat, and just pick people off until someone comes up from behind and knifes me.  Then find a new place and do it again.

For better or for worse, you'll need to move pretty often.  The killcam shows their death from your perspective, so it's typically easy to identify where someone is sniping from, and toss a grenade in their direction.  Effective sniping (in my experience, naturally) requires you to relocate a reasonable distance after every couple of kills...
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007, 03:56:00 AM »

It is sometimes entertaining when people continue to run to exactly the same place, along exactly the same route.  I managed to mow down quite a few snipers today because of that tendency.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 10, 2007, 03:15:05 AM

For better or for worse, you'll need to move pretty often.  The killcam shows their death from your perspective, so it's typically easy to identify where someone is sniping from, and toss a grenade in their direction.  Effective sniping (in my experience, naturally) requires you to relocate a reasonable distance after every couple of kills...

You missed my point entirely.  First, you never played a mp shooter with me obviously.  In order for my enemies to use the killcam effectively against me, I would have to actually kill someone.  I'm not that good.  I'm lucky if I hit them in the leg or something.

Second, I tend to get lost if I move around too much.  I'm much better off just sitting in one place and making jokes over the microphone, occasionally shooting at things that look suspicious.  Suspicious things include but are not limited to: Enemies, boxes that look like enemies, birds, Soulchilde, window glass that can break and make a neat sound.

But I do appreciate the advice.

LD

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »

for all those who are in the beta

as said i am  just waitng for the activation code...how do they send it to you,is it email or is it through xbox live(message)?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »

i just found this,online co-op coming to COD4?,i hope so

http://gameplayer.com.au/Home/NEWS/NEWS/tabid/1482/Default.aspx?CID=4e6e7815-1637-483d-bd14-af4581195e4e

Infinity Ward’s Grant Collier yesterday hinted at the possibility of an online co-operative mode for the Xbox 360 version of its highly anticipated first-person shooter, Call of Duty 4. The news follows a weekend of frenzied play on the Call of Duty 4 Beta for Xbox 360 as Infinity Ward increased the level caps from Level 11 to 22 and unlocked a number of new weapons, perks and bonuses. Registrations for the Beta were also opened to Australian Xbox 360 owners over the weekend.

Speaking yesterday at the Activate Asia Pacific conference, Collier was asked whether there’d be a split-screen co-op mode for Call of Duty 4, or any kind of co-op mode for that matter. He responded, “Uh, no, I’m not really supposed to say anything about that… but I’m a big fan of Xbox Live and downloadable content.”

When directly asked whether an online co-op would be made available as Downloadable Content through Xbox Live, Collier grinned nervously, practically beaming as he said nothing more.

Based on this exchange, we believe that an online co-op mode is on the discussion table with publisher Activision; and Collier is reluctant to divulge any details on such a mode is because they haven’t finalised any details on pricing, timing, specific content and so on, assuming such a mode were to be made available.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »

downloading the beta now

or as Calvin put it

JUST GOT IN BITCHES!,...LOL

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »

This beta is a blast so far. Really, really fun game. Usually I hate online console shooters but this is just fun. plus the fact that the gamers I was in no one was being annoying over the headset, that's always a huge plus. one thing to the vets though. when i call in a helicopter do i have to stay alive a certain time period before it comes? usually i would call it and someone would come and shoot me in the back.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 10, 2007, 05:58:02 PM

downloading the beta now

or as Calvin put it

JUST GOT IN BITCHES!,...LOL

Nice dude, go for it!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »

i cant

i have downloaded it,but because of that f**&ing maintance today on xbox live,its screwed up,no one can get into any games on it

according to major nelson,they are fixing it ...but LIVE came back up 6 hrs ago...how long will it take

why does this kinda thing always happen when there is maintenance!!

and why did they pick today of all days

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:46 PM »

woohoo...this game is the fooking dogs bollocks!!,i am loving it

the graphics are really impressive,but its the ease of how i got used to playing

questions

i have made rank 10,and earlier i unlocked to use your pistol when you have been shot...how do you do that?,i have often been killed by someone i have just shot down

and also,the infer red dot sight,i have unlocked that as well,but cant equip it

is all this in 'barracks'?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2007, 02:51:34 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 10, 2007, 07:00:17 PM

i cant

i have downloaded it,but because of that f**&ing maintance today on xbox live,its screwed up,no one can get into any games on it

according to major nelson,they are fixing it ...but LIVE came back up 6 hrs ago...how long will it take

why does this kinda thing always happen when there is maintenance!!

and why did they pick today of all days

I was going to finally try this out Monday, but I heard about all the XBL issues I figured I'd skip the aggravation and try later this week.  How long is the beta supposed to go on for?

Because I can,
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2007, 04:18:05 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 10, 2007, 01:31:08 PM

as said i am  just waitng for the activation code...how do they send it to you,is it email or is it through xbox live(message)?

I'd give my left nut to get in on this, anyone know what I can do to get a token?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »

Metallicorphan: Wherever the create class option is, that's where you can make all of the changes to perks and weapons.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2007, 06:58:16 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 11, 2007, 04:18:05 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 10, 2007, 01:31:08 PM

I'd give my left nut to get in on this, anyone know what I can do to get a token?

i got it from gamestop in about 20 minutes from asking for a key(i was already a member)

and Jarrodhk,yeah i figured it out,thanks...i have my preferanced weapons(with infer red dot) and did 3 sets exactly the same(except for the gun camo) ,and named them woodland,desert and digital because thats what the gun camo is called,and then depending on what level i go on,i choose the one i need(crash=desert...overgrown=woodland....vacant=digital)

i have ranked up all i can now(level16,+1049 xp)...hope they raise the cap again,there are rumours on cod4 site that they are going to raise it again later to 25

anyway,now that xbox live has been fixed,i havent had any problems whatsoever

EDIT:oh and i was suprised when i got the helicoptor,i was stood still thinking it was going to pick me up,but it was all automatically while i was still on the ground shooting

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2007, 03:50:46 AM »

from this friday 1159pm.....they are raising the rank level to 25

BUT.....the sunday after(2 days later)the beta will end at 11.59pm

bitch,eh?

and no,your stats wont carry over to the full price version of the game,it will prolly be harder to level as well<<i hope so anyway

so,whether they have done this to try and pull the Halo3 people away for at least 2 days i dont know.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2007, 04:07:44 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 25, 2007, 03:50:46 AM

from this friday 1159pm.....they are raising the rank level to 25

BUT.....the sunday after(2 days later)the beta will end at 11.59pm

bitch,eh?

and no,your stats wont carry over to the full price version of the game,it will prolly be harder to level as well<<i hope so anyway

so,whether they have done this to try and pull the Halo3 people away for at least 2 days i dont know.

I guess I better download the beta!

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: