http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:44:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty 3  (Read 1574 times)
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

Just watched some trailers/gameplay vids from gametrailers.  I have to say, the more I hear and see of this game, the more I'm looking forward to playing it.  I almost want it as much as I want Rainbow 6.

One thing I really like is that you have the option to reserve private slots for friends.  Should be pretty easy and painless to set up all GT/OO/QT3 games!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:55:09 AM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:36:07 AM »

I watched a few videos...looked incredibly similar to CoD2.  Which, in essence really, isn't a bad thing, but it looked more like it should be a CoD2: Expansion than CoD3.  The player models were improved and the depth of field effect looked nice, though.

The multiplayer's going to have vehicles and for someone who plugged his fair time into CoD2 multiplayer (I don't know WHY, really, I didn't enjoy it all that much), I couldn't help but think it wasn't a good idea.  Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I do know that in terms of priority to get GoW > R6:V > CoD3 and I don't think I'll pick the game up until I spot a sale of some kind...just haven't been super impressed with the videos I've seen of it.

TheMissingLink on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 11:41:13 AM »

i watched some vids yesterday,and i was impressed,it looked a lot better than COD2

it comes out here(UK) on the 10th november....when do you guys get it?

and what system will you be getting it for,i got COD2 for both PC and 360(mainly because i couldnt wait for the 360 version)...but this time i think it will just be the 360 version

heres hoping that multiplyer rooms are more like the PC version,instead of a lobby where we all meet

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:46 PM »

360 version.  I like what I saw of the classes being added, and the fact that you have 3 levels of each class that enhance your abilities.  I'm looking forward to a medic class, I miss that in the 360 version of BF2. 

I enjoy having vehicles because I like to shoot/mine the heck out of tanks and such.  I"ve spent a lot of time as an engineer class in BF2.

Overall I think this looks to have quite a few things that make multiplayer enjoyable for me.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »

I recall they were aiming to have 4 player split screen on live play.  That'd be great if that made it in.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:40:06 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 28, 2006, 11:41:13 AM

iand what system will you be getting it for,i got COD2 for both PC and 360(mainly because i couldnt wait for the 360 version)...but this time i think it will just be the 360 version

heres hoping that multiplyer rooms are more like the PC version,instead of a lobby where we all meet

Well, since they dropped the PC version for this one you're going to have to go with one of the consoles anyway. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 07:29:54 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on October 28, 2006, 12:07:46 PM

360 version.  I like what I saw of the classes being added, and the fact that you have 3 levels of each class that enhance your abilities.  I'm looking forward to a medic class, I miss that in the 360 version of BF2. 

I enjoy having vehicles because I like to shoot/mine the heck out of tanks and such.  I"ve spent a lot of time as an engineer class in BF2.

Overall I think this looks to have quite a few things that make multiplayer enjoyable for me.

I agree with you completely and am very excited to play this when it comes out, but it is the last one on the list for me behind Vegas and GoW, especially as they all come out in the same time frame and money is short.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »

I had this pre-ordered but dropped it for R6 might have to rethink this now and pick it up too.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

Just watched the COD3 multiplayer video on gmetrailers wow the game looks and sounds great  guess I'll be broke this november.

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

After being burnt on GRAW, and with R6 looking like more of the same, I'm going with CoD3 and Gears of War for my shooter needs.  Alas, I may have to buy R6 anyway for co-op.

I definitely like the more complex multiplayer.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

Does sound like they have the 4 player split-screen on live with COD3.  Sounds good.  My tv isn't really large enough to have more than 2 people, but the option is good.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:22:28 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 28, 2006, 04:40:06 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 28, 2006, 11:41:13 AM

iand what system will you be getting it for,i got COD2 for both PC and 360(mainly because i couldnt wait for the 360 version)...but this time i think it will just be the 360 version

Well, since they dropped the PC version for this one you're going to have to go with one of the consoles anyway. 

oh yeah,actually i did hear something about that..oh well..360 it is

when is it released in america?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

sorry for the double post

just saw this video,and it looks great

medics,scouts that can call in artillary strikes(so i hope the maps are nice and big)

the guy on the video says that there will be 9 multiplyer maps...he said that he cant comment on future map packs..but...have you ever known a call of duty game without map packs<<<<<his words

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14535&type=wmv

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »

That video is what sold me and the different classes should make it very interesting. Tongue

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 06:31:04 PM »

Quote from: pingwrx on October 29, 2006, 01:02:32 PM

That video is what sold me and the different classes should make it very interesting. Tongue

I think if there were more players per match I would be more exfited about this...does anyone know what the limit will be for this game? Also, anyone heard anything about length of the SP?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 29, 2006, 06:31:04 PM

I think if there were more players per match I would be more exfited about this...does anyone know what the limit will be for this game?
haven't watched the video have you?  Tongue
the MP limit will be 24 players this time around.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 06:44:34 PM »

Quote from: disarm on October 29, 2006, 06:41:39 PM

Quote from: Calvin on October 29, 2006, 06:31:04 PM

I think if there were more players per match I would be more exfited about this...does anyone know what the limit will be for this game?
haven't watched the video have you?  Tongue
the MP limit will be 24 players this time around.
Nope...don't like to watch videos online before games come out. 24 limit eh...hmmm...very very tempting.  Still need some single player info though.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »

yes it has single player,LOL

tell you the truth,i havent heard that much about single player...but then again,i have played call of duty nearly everyday this year,and i dont think i have touched the single player since last year....its all about multiplyer for me(single player is a bonus on this game)

i have heard that the canadians are in this time

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 03:15:26 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 29, 2006, 06:44:34 PM

need some single player info though.

Excerpt from IGN

IGN: What is the biggest difference in this campaign mode as compared to the multiple view points we received in COD2?

Jeremy Luyties: The biggest difference is that you're playing one campaign chronologically. In the past you'd play through four or five American missions and the game would be done, and then you'd play as Russian and then you'd play as British. Essentially when the Falayse Gap was taken which is what the game is about - the Normandy breakout. So you'll start as American, then switch to something else but it's about the same encounter.

IGN: I've looked without success, but has there been a game that lets players take control of Polish or Canadian troops?

Jeremy Luyties: Nope, the Canadian and Polish Armored Division are brand new. My favorite are the Polish because you play as a Polish tank crew. When you play as each different side there's a very different feel to it because the main characters are a little bit different for each of the different nations.

I'm already IN!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 04:05:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2006, 03:15:26 AM

Quote from: Calvin on October 29, 2006, 06:44:34 PM

need some single player info though.

Excerpt from IGN

IGN: What is the biggest difference in this campaign mode as compared to the multiple view points we received in COD2?

Jeremy Luyties: The biggest difference is that you're playing one campaign chronologically. In the past you'd play through four or five American missions and the game would be done, and then you'd play as Russian and then you'd play as British. Essentially when the Falayse Gap was taken which is what the game is about - the Normandy breakout. So you'll start as American, then switch to something else but it's about the same encounter.

IGN: I've looked without success, but has there been a game that lets players take control of Polish or Canadian troops?

Jeremy Luyties: Nope, the Canadian and Polish Armored Division are brand new. My favorite are the Polish because you play as a Polish tank crew. When you play as each different side there's a very different feel to it because the main characters are a little bit different for each of the different nations.

I'm already IN!!!
Sounds good but for some reason I am awfully suspicious it might be a super linear, 8 hour affair-and its hard to justify 60$ for that...I really want to like this though smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 05:41:21 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 30, 2006, 04:05:21 AM

Sounds good but for some reason I am awfully suspicious it might be a super linear, 8 hour affair-and its hard to justify 60$ for that...I really want to like this though smile

That's understandable consider that pretty much sums up the 2 PC games single player.  I'm hoping multiplayer will make it worth half the 60 dollar price tag.

Because I can,
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 03:27:27 PM »

I couldn't be more IN on this one.  I've played through the CoD2 campaign twice and go back to it for my WWII fix from time to time.  But I can't believe that this one, RB6 and GoW are all coming out on the same day.  I'm going to be hard pressed to choose which one to play.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on October 30, 2006, 03:27:27 PM

I couldn't be more IN on this one.  I've played through the CoD2 campaign twice and go back to it for my WWII fix from time to time.  But I can't believe that this one, RB6 and GoW are all coming out on the same day.  I'm going to be hard pressed to choose which one to play.

I'm pretty sure RB6 got pushed back a couple of weeks, and GoW is supposedly only shipping to store on Novemeber 7th- the actual street date for sale is supposed to be the 12th (Emergence Day).  Plese correct me if I'm wrong; I really really want to play all 3 as soon as possible  drool

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2006, 03:42:06 PM

I'm pretty sure RB6 got pushed back a couple of weeks, and GoW is supposedly only shipping to store on Novemeber 7th- the actual street date for sale is supposed to be the 12th (Emergence Day).  Plese correct me if I'm wrong; I really really want to playall 3 as soon as possible  drool

No idea on R6 but my understanding of Gears is that it is *not* streetdated- stores will be selling it when they receive it.  The whole Emergence Day thing is supposedly when all stores will have it (ie the mom and pop stores that select the slowest shipping available) and MS is planning on some sort of exclusive (and likely silly) Live content for that day. 
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 05:02:32 PM »

You're right, RB6 is now slated for 11/21.  Although I'm stoked about the game I'm sort of glad that it's shipping later.  I'll get CoD3 on day one and then grab GoW as soon as I can find it.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »

I can't wait.

I'm gonna win ATBs contest; this is the game he's going to be buying me.  nod

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:29 PM »

I went perusing the GoW forums "release date" thread last week and also talked to the local EBGames rep.  Essentially, the scoop appears to be this:

MS ships the game starting at 12:01 am on the 7th.  EBGames/Gamestop are planning on having trucks leaving the MS distribution facilities at that time heading directly to their stores.  EBGames/Gamestop plans to have a midnight release party at most (check yours to be sure) stores at 12:01 am on the 8th.   In order to get the game at 12:01 am on the 8th, you have to have pre-ordered it from them.  No walk-ins that night.  The theory is that Best Buy and the other stores will first have it shipped to their distribution facilities and then to the stores which will probably not be on the 8th but before the 12th.  As soon as they have the game, they'll be able to put it on the shelves. 

YMMV.

- shaggy

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on October 30, 2006, 05:02:32 PM

You're right, RB6 is now slated for 11/21.  Although I'm stoked about the game I'm sort of glad that it's shipping later.  I'll get CoD3 on day one and then grab GoW as soon as I can find it.

Wow, thats really wierd. Last week it was shows as shipping 11/14. I wonder wtf the mixup is. I too, am kinda glad its delayed. I really really want to play it but I will have soo many new games the first few weeks of November to get through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: