http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:22:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty 2 - Highly Frustrating! (spoilers)  (Read 1312 times)
Sparhawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

I'm finding it hard to continue playing CoD2 due to the save points being spaced so far away from eachother.  

As an example: The British campaign features a section where you have to destroy some 88's in various locations. In one part of the scenario a couple of your own tanks will breach a stone wall and annihilate the enemies tank. After the big explosion from your own tank being blownup you then can make your way to the next 88. However, you have to go through about 25 enemy soldiers to get there and then another 10 or so to capture your target. After doing that, THERE IS NO SAVE POINT. Matter of fact, there is not save point all the way up to the next mission which is to attack a mosk that has been infilitrated by the germans. I died there, and had to start ALL THE WAY BACK O WHERE THE FRIENDLY TANK BREACHES THE STONE WALL. Meaning that I have to destroy the artillary all over again.

Now, I'm generally a very patient gamer, and I have no problem with not being able to save anywhere, when the checkpoints are close together. But this is assinine. I went through an entire campaign that didn't save at all!!! WTF? That was nearly the breaking point for me, it took me HOURS to go through a 30 minute section. I had to master everything, and remember every single enemy position. Basically, I had to become a psychic soldier in order to beat the enemy.  

Have any of you experienced the same checkpoint frequency? Or did you game save more frequently? I find it very hard to believe that the developer would not even add ONE checkpoint in a level.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 06:14:24 PM »

The worst part for me was in that same campaign where I had to shoot down the planes at the end of the mission. The problem came from Germans lining the surrounding walls all shooting at me, not my men, but me. And then my troops were firing back but not hitting anything. It didn't matter how many other British troops there were, the Germans were focused on shooting just me. Fuck that. Took me forever to beat.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »

Yikes, i was planning on picking this up at BB tomorrow for $25 but if it is like this i'll pass.  I refuse to play a game where i can't save anywhere, especially when the checkpoints are spread so far apart like you guys are saying.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 08:27:56 PM »

Now hold on. Short of a very small list of segments throughout the entire game, I thought that the continue points were very well spaced. And as well as you play cautiously (knowing of a good place to hide if you get 'injured' for instance), you won't have an issue getting killed off.

But that's only on Normal difficulty. Odds are my thoughts wouldn't be the same on a harder difficulty, but for normal they hold true.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 08:50:59 PM »

the save points are mostly nicely placed so don't let that turn you away.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:51:04 PM »

No problem with the saves for me and I'm no twitch gamer. I did run into a bit of confusion a couple of times one was with the tanks I got lost and had to back track but I found my way back, second one of the sniper parts I won't mention which.

With the anti aircraft thing it's pretty simple kill every german in there before you start on the guns otherwise they will kick your butt while your trying to drop their birds. I left two alive up on one of the balconies and they made my life hell till I found the bastards.

Listen this game is a masterpiece, by far the best game I've played in recent years. I don't mind that I payed 49 for it and at 25 it would be a steal.

Ascendent
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 09:46:04 PM »

Doesn't COD2 let you save anywhere?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 12:34:02 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
the save points are mostly nicely placed so don't let that turn you away.

I agree. This is NOT a valid reason for me at least. I played on normal and hard, and no complaints at all. MAYBE there was one or two through the whole game(on hard) that gave me any trouble at all. And on hard, isn`t it supposed to be hard???
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 12:53:34 AM »

picked it up at BB for $25, gonna give it a go and see how it goes

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 01:29:06 AM »

The checkpoints don't seem to be the same for everyone. sometimes the game will save and other times it won't. it seems completely random for me.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
flyinj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 01:25:50 AM »

Yes.

As the above poster said, you can "break" the savepoint system. I've done this once as well.

I think it involves missing passing through a certain point of the map. It may also have to do with the player not doing what the game thought they would.

The only time I've seen this happen is on the multiple objectives maps, where you can do them in any order you want.

It was the british campaign, last mission. It didn't save after I completed about 3 objectives. I restarted it from the beginning, and it was back to saving all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: