http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 01:43:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy a PS3: Cure Cancer?  (Read 4517 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 06:44:43 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on March 26, 2007, 06:24:46 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on March 26, 2007, 05:25:41 AM

The absolute best spin would be claiming people who purchase other consoles must be pro-cancer.

Buy a 360: Cause Cancer?

So awful, but made me LOL!
Logged
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2992


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 03:04:22 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2007, 02:48:52 PM

Quote from: only1 on March 26, 2007, 02:01:38 PM

what, no SETI@Home????  What about those of us who want to contact extraterrestrial life????

biggrin

obviously Sony is anti-alien.  Bastards!


Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 11:18:02 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2007, 05:13:33 AM

Quote from: msduncan on March 26, 2007, 04:31:08 AM

The sure way to spot a fanboy, is to listen for someone tossing out the description themselves...
let me guess.... you're impersonating... not quite crowley..... not derek smart either.... is it msduncan? icon_biggrin
Seriously, do you just stop by here every day or two to let us know exactly how we should or should not discuss consoles and gaming? Because every other PS3 thread you are calling someone out or telling us the ins and outs of how to discuss the console "wars".

That's directed at him right?  or me?  I'se so confoozled!

MsDuncan of course-I was agreeing with your sentiment that he was making agood effort to sound like certain bridge dwellers.

Wait a sec -- I'm getting labled a troll for making comments on how I think this console superior-than-thou postings have been dumb?    "Fanboy" is a sure fire way to fan the flames.... and lord knows we've had enough of the flame fanning around here.

I have all three consoles, and so I can step back and see how ridiculous it is.   Anytime PS3 comes out with any good news, the same people jump all over it trying to detract from it.   Any time any 360 news comes out that is good, another group of people do the same in the other direction.   It's crazy.
Logged
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 26, 2007, 07:27:01 PM

Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 03:04:22 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2007, 02:48:52 PM

Quote from: only1 on March 26, 2007, 02:01:38 PM

what, no SETI@Home????  What about those of us who want to contact extraterrestrial life????

biggrin

obviously Sony is anti-alien.  Bastards!


Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 11:18:02 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2007, 05:13:33 AM

Quote from: msduncan on March 26, 2007, 04:31:08 AM

The sure way to spot a fanboy, is to listen for someone tossing out the description themselves...
let me guess.... you're impersonating... not quite crowley..... not derek smart either.... is it msduncan? icon_biggrin
Seriously, do you just stop by here every day or two to let us know exactly how we should or should not discuss consoles and gaming? Because every other PS3 thread you are calling someone out or telling us the ins and outs of how to discuss the console "wars".

That's directed at him right?  or me?  I'se so confoozled!

MsDuncan of course-I was agreeing with your sentiment that he was making agood effort to sound like certain bridge dwellers.

Wait a sec -- I'm getting labled a troll for making comments on how I think this console superior-than-thou postings have been dumb?    "Fanboy" is a sure fire way to fan the flames.... and lord knows we've had enough of the flame fanning around here.

I have all three consoles, and so I can step back and see how ridiculous it is.   Anytime PS3 comes out with any good news, the same people jump all over it trying to detract from it.   Any time any 360 news comes out that is good, another group of people do the same in the other direction.   It's crazy.

The first post you made after you bought the PS3 was how owning it now gave you a birds eye view to understand all the fighting better and gave you some sort of omniscient view of right and wrong-and you immediately labeled people bashing the PS3 as deluded and clearly in the wrong and that theme has remained-I don't think you are a fanboy, but I think you are feeding the flames of the bickering rather than pointing out its absurdity if that is your intention.
Logged
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2992


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

Then you must have completely missed my satyre.   More than likely because I wasn't good at doing it.

Apologies.
Logged
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2853


View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Quote
Then you must have completely missed my satyre

are you olde english or do you actually own a furry, horny half human half goat?
Logged
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 08:36:09 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 26, 2007, 08:22:45 PM

Quote
Then you must have completely missed my satyre

are you olde english or do you actually own a furry, horny half human half goat?

People at the office just turned to look at why I burst out laughing. This was solid.  thumbsup
Logged
ROTC1983
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4414


Is it really that Kampfy?


View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 26, 2007, 08:36:09 PM

Quote from: Doopri on March 26, 2007, 08:22:45 PM

Quote
Then you must have completely missed my satyre

are you olde english or do you actually own a furry, horny half human half goat?

People at the office just turned to look at why I burst out laughing. This was solid.  thumbsup

I laughed too...
Logged

msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2992


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 26, 2007, 08:22:45 PM

Quote
Then you must have completely missed my satyre

are you olde english or do you actually own a furry, horny half human half goat?

Been playing WoW too much probably?    I'll blame it on that....
Logged
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1837


View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:18 PM »

Question (I just don't know).... have any useful treatments come about as a result of this?  It has been running on pcs for a few years now.
Logged
ROTC1983
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4414


Is it really that Kampfy?


View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 26, 2007, 08:45:18 PM

Question (I just don't know).... have any useful treatments come about as a result of this?  It has been running on pcs for a few years now.

That is a good question...I was curious about that myself.  I know that people have been donating their processing power to the cause, but has anything come out of it...
Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18537



View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »

The primary reason why PS3's have surpassed PCs of olde.. : Folding requires the system to be IDLE. Tongue

biggrin
...

...

...

Anyone who gets angry at that JOKE needs to evaluate if they should be hitting the "reply" button.
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »

Im so angry right now
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
stuntgibbon
Game Dev
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 110



View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:07 AM »

My PS3s rather enjoy folding, otherwise they'd just be off.
Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18537



View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2007, 02:02:38 AM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on March 26, 2007, 11:50:58 PM

Im so angry right now

let it all out man.

Just not here. Maybe some random schmuck at a bus-stop. They deserve your wrath, Lucy Furr.
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2007, 02:45:55 AM »

Quote from: Purge on March 27, 2007, 02:02:38 AM

Quote from: Louis Cypher on March 26, 2007, 11:50:58 PM

Im so angry right now

let it all out man.

Just not here. Maybe some random schmuck at a bus-stop. They deserve your wrath, Lucy Furr.
I have no public transportation where I live  icon_cry...And they stopped calling my Lucy in grad school!
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5472


I live in Japan


View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »

Well I'm on the team now.  What gives, we only have 11 people and only 5 active PS3's in the past 50 days?  I know there are a lot more PS3 owners on these boards than that! These arent the QT3 boards after all!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.223 seconds with 55 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.117s, 2q)