http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:39:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnout Revenge 360  (Read 2345 times)
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2006, 06:23:25 AM »

I presume GRAW will be the game of choice for most GT 360 owners this week but is anybody picking up Burnout as well? I am and would really look forward to racing (and crashing ) with some fellow GT'ers. Feel free to send an invite or possibly expect an invite from me.
Gamertag: motodd
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:30:11 AM »

If you have any doubt, just download the 720p trailer from the marketplace.  I wasn't planning on getting it since I have the Xbox version, but that trailer absolutely sold me.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:53:24 AM »

I'm going to try and get both.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:59 AM »

i'll be picking up Burnout this week for certain...didn't get to play the previous ones much due to not having a console before my 360, but it was always a blast when i had the chance.  i'm planning to pick up GRAW at some point as well, but i'm a little more inclined to wait for reviews on that one...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
i'll be picking up Burnout this week for certain...didn't get to play the previous ones much due to not having a console before my 360, but it was always a blast when i had the chance.

Same here. Back in the fall, before I started working there, I used to go into Gamestop on my lunch break and play Revenge on PS2 when it was in the interactive. I've been waiting for this for quite some time.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 01:04:24 PM »

I am getting College Hoops 2k6 and GRAW for sure. I may get Burnout as well, but I played it already on the Xbox.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »

skipped revenge on xbox specifically because I knew the 360 version was coming, waiting for the demo on GRAW.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 03:08:06 PM »

I'll definitely be picking up Burnout...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 04:23:57 PM »

I'm getting GRAW; I'm torn between eating or getting Burnout . biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
skipped revenge on xbox specifically because I knew the 360 version was coming, waiting for the demo on GRAW.

I did the same thing for Burnout.  I'm officially psyched for this one now after watching a few gameplay vids on ign.  The crashbreaker explosions sound just incredible.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 05:47:25 PM »

I'll be picking up Burnout used; refuse to buy EA games new, since I don't want the proceeds going to them.  smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 06:06:27 PM »

I played Burnout Revenge to about 50% on the XBox. I reall7y want to play it on the 360, but I feel like I need to wait till its discounted to make it worth it.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 07:37:54 PM »

I just got Burnout Takedown for the Xbox for $15, so I figure I'll take the money I saved for Full Auto and use that for Burnout on the 360.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 08:00:03 PM »

Definitely getting it for the 360.  It was my favorite recent game on the xbox.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »

just got home with my copy...pick up Burnout and GRAW both at BestBuy Cool

now the big question is which to play first... :?

*Gamertag - disarm78*
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 01:31:52 AM »

I got both as well. I'll be on in an hour or so. Gonna go with GRAW first then some Burnout goodness.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 02:34:06 AM »

Ok, I picked up Burnout today and it ROCKS online! Lots and lots of fun. The whole rival thing online is a great addition. I'm very glad I picked this up today with Ghost Recon. These two titles should keep me plenty busy until Oblivion hits.

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 03:48:13 AM »

Great game but I already played it to completion so I'm gonna pass on the 360 version. Bring on the true next gen Burnout!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 04:18:17 AM »

Oh yes, I remember, you're the Burnout KING, rrmorton.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:38 AM »

Is anyone finding the load times when trying to replay a level gruelling?  I don't remember the Xbox version taking that long to reload.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 06:27:17 AM »

Ok, I KNOW this is a topic about the 360 version , BUT...I just grabbed the xbox version and it flat out rocks, BUT... Sometimes I can log right into Live! and sometimes it just sits there. And other games and Live! at the dashboard have no issues connecting to Live! at the same time...Any ideas?
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 10:25:01 AM »

this game is my new addiction...got sucked into playing on Live! tonight, lost track of time, and quit a little over five hours later (thank god i have tomorrow off from work).  while GRAW gets my nod for being the most impressive 360 game i've played, i've easily had more fun playing Burnout online tonight than i have with any other 360 game so far.  the rivalry system makes online races/battles incredibly fun...everyone really does get into settling the score with rivals, and noone complains about racing dirty because it's all part of the game.  i was lucky enough to get in with excellent groups of players all night long and we had a blast.  i don't how i'm going to pull myself away from this one long enough to enjoy GRAW...:?

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »

Anyone...anyone...? :wink:

Otherwise as much as I LOVE this game, without Live! being consistant I might get rid of it... :x
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 01:10:24 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Is anyone finding the load times when trying to replay a level gruelling?  I don't remember the Xbox version taking that long to reload.

SOmeone mentioned in a review I read that the load times are indeed longer than on the XBox version.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

Played single player for about 3 hours last night. It was fun and pretty but I think I spent about half my time at load screens (that reminds of back when I was dating...).

Lots and lots of unlockables, you unlock a new car every 3 or 4 events at least and pretty much every event opens up another event so you always have choices of things to accomplish. The achievement list is pretty hardcore, particularly for offline. achievements for scoring perfect on every challenge at every ranking may take a little while to get. slywink

Honestly I don't feel like tyhe gameplay is any improvement over takedown, but it's still good fun and much prettier - can't say much about the sounds as my wife was in bed and I had it turned down way low.

I'd rather have GRAW.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

SOmeone mentioned in a review I read that the load times are indeed longer than on the XBox version.

IGN stated that they thought the load times were about twice as long as those on the xbox...but you're talking a difference between 10 vs 20 seconds max.  personally, i don't find it to be too much of an issue...i think the longest load i've had is about 15-20 seconds, and that's usually a nice chance to give my fingers a rest.  the one nice thing about load times is that restarting a Crash event is instantaneous...mess up one of those right off the bat and you can restart without any load time.  if i had to wait for a reload on crash i might be a little more annoyed.  that does beg the question, however, of why full reloads are necessary for races...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »

I don't understand the comments about the load screens. They don't seem bad at all to me.

I'm up for some live racing when I'm not playing WoW.

My gamertag is Banfilidh

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 06:22:42 PM »

I've passed on my copy. I'll pick this one up used (as I played ~40% of the game on the Xbox1).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 06:31:11 PM »

Load times would be fine, except for having to endure the same load time again when hitting Retry.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 08:07:11 PM »

Load times would be fine, except for having to endure the same load time again when hitting Retry.

Yeah, that's really my issue.  I don't mind the initial load at all.  And the quick retry in Crash seems even better than the xbox version, if I remember.

My only other issue is the inability to skip award videos (especially since they're the same for similar awards) and how long it takes to go through the tally at the end of a race.  I already saw that I had an Awesome rating and a Gold Medal, don't make me watch each damn star again, then the gold medal thud in, then the five stars for Perfect count off.  I'm happy to squeeze out a Perfect, but let me move on!

Otherwise, I'm loving it.  Only had it briefly for the xbox, and I never really got hooked on this latest version (loved the previous ones, though), but now, on the 360, it just clicks with me.  I have spent much more time with this than I thought I would.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 09:57:27 PM »

My only other issue is the inability to skip award videos

Start button skips the videos.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 12:23:46 AM »

Start button skips the videos.

Aha!  That'll help.  Thanks, coop.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 01:26:18 AM »

I just started playing this on Xbox (yeah, I'm behind) and it isn't grabbing me.  I liked Takedown so much better.  Well, the Crash Mode thing anyway.  I guess I have to explore the options more, but I don't like having to do the races.  I just want to go through the crash world tour like I did in the previous version.

And I hate the load times.  Man they are everywhere.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 07:57:54 PM »

This game is great!
I just can't let the controller go...

Just one more race...
Just one more...
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 08:00:54 PM »

Quote from: "biggercup"
This game is great!
I just can't let the controller go...

Just one more race...
Just one more...

Yeah, I LOVE this game....even more than GRAW I think. The online racing is just so fun.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: