http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 08:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny -Bungie's new game with Activision  (Read 26823 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2014, 01:33:28 AM »

My experience during the 5pm event was that I was alone in the city and I couldn't get matched for the special pvp event. I actually couldn't get my friends list to come up so I wonder if it was having effects on live as a whole.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2014, 02:51:46 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on July 27, 2014, 01:33:28 AM

My experience during the 5pm event was that I was alone in the city and I couldn't get matched for the special pvp event. I actually couldn't get my friends list to come up so I wonder if it was having effects on live as a whole.

Yeah, I can't pull up my Friends list on my Xbone now, and I'm not even playing Destiny.  Something is boned.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:35 AM »

I played through the moon mission but did not see anything about getting a special badge...?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »

No hellah chatter about this game? What is wrong with you people?

Beta was sublime.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »

I'm fully on board, but was since the alpha so haven't had as much new to say.

I think that I will go Warlock first with the retail release. There was a moment during the moon mission that pretty much cemented it. When I opened the doors to the temple and got rushed by all the melee enemies I did a slow glide jump backwards and killed them all from the air as I hovered away (I really should have saved it as a clip, but I wasn't thinking). Just something that you can't do with the Hunter's double jump, though the Titan sort of has a similar jump skill. Granted it would have probably made me a sitting duck in PvP but in PvE it was pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:27:47 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on July 28, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

I think that I will go Warlock first with the retail release. There was a moment during the moon mission that pretty much cemented it. When I opened the doors to the temple and got rushed by all the melee enemies I did a slow glide jump backwards and killed them all from the air as I hovered away (I really should have saved it as a clip, but I wasn't thinking). Just something that you can't do with the Hunter's double jump, though the Titan sort of has a similar jump skill. Granted it would have probably made me a sitting duck in PvP but in PvE it was pretty awesome.

I did the same move... Nova Bomb is sweet when it connects. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »

I have been loving the beta on the PS3.  Watching a comparison with the PS4 almost makes me want to get a PS4 just for this but I have several games to finish on the PS3 (someday) so I can wait.  There isn't anything else for the PS4 that really gets me excited. 

However Destiny has been pretty great. 

Friend me up on the PS3 (Farley3k) if anyone is playing it.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2014, 04:45:33 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on July 28, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

Glide jump away was the only way I was able to solo that encounter. That was fierce.

I think they need to balance the sniper rifle as they are completely OP in the campaign.  In that same mission I just stood back and headshot the wizards. 3 or 4 hits and it was done.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »

I'm strangely hyped for this game (I even have the PS4 LE preordered at Best Buy), even though I'm not the biggest FPS fan and I'm not that into multiplayer.  I just really like the idea of mixing single and multi, like with Destiny, Defiance, and Guild Wars 2.  Being able to do my own thing, but still having the choice of if and when to interact with other people is appealing, and I hope more games go this route.  I'm not going to be the best player around, but feel free to friend me on PSN - my name there is Corvelay.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »

Anyone know what's going on with the versions available for order?

The limited and ghost editions are sold out at amazon and the digital version (at least on Amazon) is only available for PS3.

Halp?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »

Oh and the beta has ruined me for everything else. I'm not interested in playing anything else at all. I just want to play destiny.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »

Quote from: ATB on July 30, 2014, 12:54:47 PM

Oh and the beta has ruined me for everything else. I'm not interested in playing anything else at all. I just want to play destiny.
there's only one answer to this predicament.

See you in 40 days ATB!

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »

I'm still strangely unhyped on this game, even after playing the beta. I guess I'm just not in the mood for multiplayer stuff right now. Oh well, I should have plenty of other stuff to keep me busy in August/September between the big Steam backlog, The Last of Us, and probably Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition (still on the fence about that one).
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »

Some details about the endgame content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRQlCX3Ygs
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2014, 02:34:47 AM »

In order to play a raid, you have to get 5 friends together (they don't allow matchmaking), all of whom have a few hours to play at a time.  That seems like a rather tall order.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on July 31, 2014, 02:34:47 AM

In order to play a raid, you have to get 5 friends together (they don't allow matchmaking), all of whom have a few hours to play at a time.  That seems like a rather tall order.

They'll have to reverse the decision on matchmaking at some point i bet.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

I certainly hope so.  It is just silly.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »

Here's a skill chart/calculator for classes.
http://www.destinydb.com/calculator/talents#McvcFDn8
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

I don't find it silly at all and I hope they don't change it.

It's not that hard to make friends and invite people, and they are talking a level of teamwork and trust that would just be too frustrating with randoms.  Play with randoms in the rest of the game, make your friends, then use them to do this.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on July 31, 2014, 04:33:31 PM

Here's a skill chart/calculator for classes.
http://www.destinydb.com/calculator/talents#McvcFDn8

I don't understand that. What is it calculating?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2014, 07:54:02 PM »

it's not a calculator in any way, but it is a character planner
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 31, 2014, 07:54:02 PM

How so?  It didn't seem that there was branches to the powers. You got what you got when you got it. Did I miss this customization capability?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »

Quote from: ATB on July 31, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

How so?  It didn't seem that there was branches to the powers. You got what you got when you got it. Did I miss this customization capability?

Many of the skills are only one per column, so even after you unlock the next you aren't necessarily unlocking and upgrade but rather another choice.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »

Quote from: ATB on July 31, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

yes, you completely missed this important aspect of the game

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:03 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 31, 2014, 04:58:02 PM

I don't find it silly at all and I hope they don't change it.

It's not that hard to make friends and invite people, and they are talking a level of teamwork and trust that would just be too frustrating with randoms.  Play with randoms in the rest of the game, make your friends, then use them to do this.

I can understand their reasoning, but it seems like the restrictions are going to limit the raids to a small fraction of players.  I'm sure they'll be fun for them, but I would guess the majority of players will never even see this content.  That's not much of a concern with MMOs that have hundreds of hours of other stuff to do, but with the (relatively) limited amount of content in Destiny, I can see why people are bummed that the raid will be so difficult to play.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »

I agree with you for the most part, but where I think I feel it's different is I don't think it's a bad thing to force gamers who want something to work for it.  Make some real friends if you want the content, don't hide behind the social crutch of match making.  (and I'm super socially repressed/loner, but it will force me to be more outgoing so I think it's a positive thing)
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 01, 2014, 10:45:17 AM

I agree with you for the most part, but where I think I feel it's different is I don't think it's a bad thing to force gamers who want something to work for it.  Make some real friends if you want the content, don't hide behind the social crutch of match making.  (and I'm super socially repressed/loner, but it will force me to be more outgoing so I think it's a positive thing)

I tend to agree, but I have a feeling they will eventually cave in.   

NiM$
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Seems like outdated MMO design to me.  If you want your players to be able to experience your content, provide the tools to make it easier and worth their time.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Bashtor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »

Let me throw the reason I don't like no matchmaking out there.  I'm in the military and stationed in Korea right now.  Due to this, my timeframe for playing is when everyone I know is mostly sleeping in the states.  This makes it more difficult to find people that play, as people I know who play won't be playing when I am.  I am not a social person, so just picking up and making friends in the game will most likely not happen.  I get that's what they invision, but I'm a big boy and will make my friends how I make them.  In addition, any friends I make there would be potentially not playing at the times I will be playing once I return home.  Now, I admit my problem is a unique one that will not affect many players, but it would be much easier for me if I could just join a match to play these raids.  Will they change the system for the minority of players like myself? Of course not and i wouldn't expect them to, but I, personally, do not like no match-making for raids.  Of course, I am probably one of the most anti-social people with zero friends on my psn account, so I'm going to have to reach out anyway eventually.  Who knows, maybe you guys are right and this will actually make me branch out and get some friends on my list.  I'm certainly not outraged by this and am still buying the game, but I'm not terribly happy about it.  Hell, I may never get to the point of doing raids anyway due to the time commitment in them.  My 2 cents.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Quote from: Bashtor on August 01, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

Let me throw the reason I don't like no matchmaking out there.  I'm in the military and stationed in Korea right now.  Due to this, my timeframe for playing is when everyone I know is mostly sleeping in the states.  This makes it more difficult to find people that play, as people I know who play won't be playing when I am.  I am not a social person, so just picking up and making friends in the game will most likely not happen.  I get that's what they invision, but I'm a big boy and will make my friends how I make them.  In addition, any friends I make there would be potentially not playing at the times I will be playing once I return home.  Now, I admit my problem is a unique one that will not affect many players, but it would be much easier for me if I could just join a match to play these raids.  Will they change the system for the minority of players like myself? Of course not and i wouldn't expect them to, but I, personally, do not like no match-making for raids.  Of course, I am probably one of the most anti-social people with zero friends on my psn account, so I'm going to have to reach out anyway eventually.  Who knows, maybe you guys are right and this will actually make me branch out and get some friends on my list.  I'm certainly not outraged by this and am still buying the game, but I'm not terribly happy about it.  Hell, I may never get to the point of doing raids anyway due to the time commitment in them.  My 2 cents.

Keep in mind that this specifically applies to the end-game raids

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Xbox/163584

Clan started...

NiM$
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »

wonder if they can have the same clan on both platforms.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2014, 12:59:27 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM

True, this isn't going to affect much content.  Bungie hasn't confirmed this, but it looks like there might only be one raid in the whole game.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2014, 04:18:16 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 01, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

oh yeah, I forgot.  I had created a group during beta for my stream.

Here it is  http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/150403

You can be in multiple, mine will likely have people not from here so I'll be in both.
Bashtor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on August 02, 2014, 12:59:27 AM

True, this isn't going to affect much content.  Bungie hasn't confirmed this, but it looks like there might only be one raid in the whole game.

I knew it was end game content, hence me not being too annoyed by it.  I hadn't heard only one raid possibly.  If we are talking only one or two raid situations, then it is definately minimal.  I still don't like it, but I understand it with the time commitment they are talking to finish something like this (unless I'm misunderstanding).  Still, this is is more likely to make me not play that content, as opposed to changing my gaming habits, but who knows. 
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »

Quote from: Bashtor on August 02, 2014, 10:34:00 PM

Quote from: EddieA on August 02, 2014, 12:59:27 AM

I knew it was end game content, hence me not being too annoyed by it.  I hadn't heard only one raid possibly.  If we are talking only one or two raid situations, then it is definately minimal.  I still don't like it, but I understand it with the time commitment they are talking to finish something like this (unless I'm misunderstanding).  Still, this is is more likely to make me not play that content, as opposed to changing my gaming habits, but who knows. 

Some information on the raids here.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:03 AM »

heh, that's like a watered down text version of the video forge posted  ninja
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »

Can someone better explain the single player aspect of the game, and how effective a person can be going lone wolf in the multiplayer portion? (If they can even be divided up under those headers).  The information I've read in a couple places is contradictory.

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer, mostly because I have limited time to sink into these games. By the time I'm at level 5 it seems like everyone else is at level 50. smile

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on August 03, 2014, 07:49:00 PM

Can someone better explain the single player aspect of the game, and how effective a person can be going lone wolf in the multiplayer portion? (If they can even be divided up under those headers).  The information I've read in a couple places is contradictory.

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer, mostly because I have limited time to sink into these games. By the time I'm at level 5 it seems like everyone else is at level 50. smile

have played Defiance?  its very viable to play it as single player. you'll spawn a single player instance for boss fghts

NiM$
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »

Never played Defiance. On various forums I've read that single player is going to be lackluster, and by going solo much of the game content is one huge roadblock. Then in the next post I read the opposite.

I love the idea of a living, breathing environment. But I don't want to be tied to a clan, or harassed by some 12 year old over voice. I prefer being the observer, and maybe lending a helping hand here or there without the constant pressure to join, join, join.

I know that is counterintuitive to a multiplayer focused title, but my schedule often makes me drop in and out of games randomly, so it is often difficult to be part of a team.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: