http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 11:30:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bully. Who's getting and who's got impressions.  (Read 6535 times)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2006, 02:44:14 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 24, 2006, 02:29:57 PM

Does anyone know roughly how many hours long the game is?  I was surprised last night (maybe 5 hours in?) to be 20% done...  Only Chapter 2 at this point, but...

I'm starting Chapter 4 and ~35% done after 8 hours. If this is like the GTA games, you will can probably finish the story at ~60% complete. I'm assuming classes and radio parts and rubber band collecting and races and other optional content all count towards completion percentage like in the GTA games. Are you doing a lot of outside stuff that is accelerating your completion percentage?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2006, 03:06:02 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on October 24, 2006, 02:44:14 PM

Does anyone know roughly how many hours long the game is?  I was surprised last night (maybe 5 hours in?) to be 20% done...  Only Chapter 2 at this point, but...

I'm starting Chapter 4 and ~35% done after 8 hours. If this is like the GTA games, you will can probably finish the story at ~60% complete. I'm assuming classes and radio parts and rubber band collecting and races and other optional content all count towards completion percentage like in the GTA games. Are you doing a lot of outside stuff that is accelerating your completion percentage?

That makes a lot of sense...  I've actually been going to classes for the most part, and if I see a rubber band I pick it up, so that could certianly be inflating my % done...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

Quote from: kathode on October 19, 2006, 06:09:31 PM

I failed an English class last night :icon_sad: Boy do those ever make you feel like a complete idiot.

Did it happen to be English 4? I've failed it twice and I'm thinking about doing it offline so I am ready for next time. I are smart!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2006, 06:03:57 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on October 24, 2006, 05:38:11 PM

Did it happen to be English 4? I've failed it twice and I'm thinking about doing it offline so I am ready for next time. I are smart!

I failed it the first time too -- the second time I asked my wife to look up from her laptop and help me find words...  So, just like in most high school English classes, I cheated (and really, shouldn't cheating on these tests be an option!?)

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 07:27:14 PM »

It seems like it can be fairly short or longer depending on how fast you cruise through the missions and how much time is spent with other things.  Gamespot review set the finish time around 15 hours.  I'm at 10 hours in Chapter 2 and my completion shows as 29%.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2006, 12:20:53 AM »

Finished at 66.77%!  (13 hours, 5 minutes)

Note that after you finish the game you're given the opportunity to keep playing if you want to finish up classes or tasks or whatever.  I never did find the final radio transmitter for the hobo...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »

er...okay,got this game yesterday,enjoying it so far...camera is annoying when you are trying to run away from the prefects (dumb assholes put that reverse camera thing as left 3 button...nearly as bad as GTA as that button is the horn...they know you are gonna press down on the analogue stick when in frantic mode!!)

on chapter 2(halloween was fun)..about 8% done,just been to the town to pick up stuff for the dinnerlady...oh and found a dog for some woman in the town

i like it when he kisses the nerds and big girls.....you know yer gonna score nod

been giving wedgies to a lot of kids

but as someone mentioned,you do tasks and mainly protection for the weedy kids...scaring of the real bullies...and you get bullied on a lot...so i dont think the title bully,really is your character

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »

I'm on chapter four now -- about 42% complete.  This definitely is a fast title (I picked it up Saturday) but it injected 'fun' into gaming for me after about a month of mostly downtime.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

I'm getting seriously annoyed with Chem 4 (fail, curse alot, reload, repeat) I am so not looking forward to Chem 5.  and wow, there are some obscure words in the English mini-games.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2006, 02:19:22 PM

I'm getting seriously annoyed with Chem 4 (fail, curse alot, reload, repeat) I am so not looking forward to Chem 5.  and wow, there are some obscure words in the English mini-games.

Chem is one of 2 classes I'm all done with. Chem 5 was loooong, but I got it on the first try. My biggest problem on the chem tests is hitting the button too early. I'm much more annoyed by the shop classes. Half the time I can't react fast enough to start the rotating ones the first time around. Hell, sometimes when I know they're coming I still don't react fast enough... at least in Chem you always know what's coming next.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

i just got the moped/scooter from the carnival,i won it for 75 green tickets...it then gets stored in garages across the map
but i dont know where i can get the helmet for it,when i ride the scooter,it sasy that becasue i am not wearing a helmet the police will come after me.so it told me to get one

anyone know where i can get it from?

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2006, 01:13:04 PM »

I got a bike helmet from winning bike races.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »

ahh i see,thanks

GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »

Ok, i rented this two nights ago.  My first impression was, Meh.  So I gave it a second go, and I was really starting to like the game, then I got caught three times, due to the camera lock or something, where it spins you around.  Fatal frame had this downpat, the camera would change angles and you would continue to move in one direction, in Bully when it flips, so does your direction.

I will give it a look later to see if this option can be turned off, if not.  Game breaker.  Sorry.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2006, 06:32:25 AM »

i am still loving the game,yeah the camera is a pain in the ass,but i try not to get in those situations that often,i have finished all but shop and art(shop is a pain),only on chapter 3,but getting there

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2006, 06:58:59 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 22, 2006, 01:00:28 AM

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on October 21, 2006, 09:05:09 PM

Oh q-fucking-q.  If your teenager isn't mature enough to realize the game is satire (without necessarily knowing what "satire" is yet), you suck as a parent.  And if you are unsettled by the idea of your pre-teen playing Teen games, then, you know, don't let them play T-rated games.

What exactly is "Q-fucking-Q"? 
qq = cry more, q-fucking-q = fucking cry more.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »

ARISE YE FROM THE DEAD OH MIGHTY THREAD O' BULLY!!!!

I'm loving this game. I'm in Chapter 3 right now with only a few more missions to go, but instead of focusing on those I've been doing a lot of the side quests so I'm almost at 50% complete. This really benefits from not stretching itself so thin like San Andreas did and by focusing on a confined environment, large though it is, I've never felt lost. I hate that bikes aren't readily available but that's a "realistic" element I can live with. It helps having a skateboard handy. The missions are all funny to a degree, and while the mini-games get a little old (tagging, anyone?) they're still fun for the most part. I LOVED the English mini-games and just replayed those again and again trying to get the words. I'm a writer, what can I say? Some of them though left me all retard'd.

I can't wait to kick in the bad guy's teeth by the end though. Again, Rockstar nailed the voice acting. I actually miss the principle's assistant from the beginning and wish she was utilized more because her "Yes... headMASTER..." line just busted me up. I wish you could replay the Halloween night though because instead of going after the "one time only" mission I went after pumpkin busting and found them all by 1:30 a.m. I just barely managed to get back to my bed before passing out at 2 a.m. Fun, fun game, though Rockstar really needs to be shot for still using the halfass bicycle controls that were bad in Vice City and remain bad in Bully.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:17:49 PM by whiteboyskim » Logged

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2007, 05:47:30 PM »

Glad you like it!

I got 5 minutes in and new it wasn't for me. Off to ebay it went.
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »

I bought it some days before christmas and i must say it is pretty good, one thing that however destroys the good impression is the frame rates, when walking outside my ps2 is more than a dias show than a actual game, it reminds me of my days with a 500 mhz computer  crybaby
But havent played it that much since i got it... Stupid family and 3d school taking all my time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:34:10 PM by Maggot » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »

Yeah i loved it....very easy though,although i havent done all the paper routes yet...have to go back someday and get the magic 100%

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

While at lunch I burned off the last two "greaser" missions and thus started Chapter 4. I'm happy to unlock other sections of the city then go back and try to find all the collectibles. I'm a collector nut when it comes to these types of games so I get a month or so of enjoyment out of them trying to hit that 100% rating. I'm still digging the heck out of it even though the fighting mechanics aren't what I'd call the greatest in the world.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2007, 11:53:13 PM »

I rented it, and tried to blitz through it. As a result, I think I kinda spoiled some in the rush to try to get to the end. I ended up getting to chapter 3, and while I really enjoyed it, I lost interest and returned it. A couple days ago I rented it again, and while I haven't started it back up yet, I really am excited to just let myself get back into the world and enjoy it!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2007, 04:06:27 AM »

I'm having fun running around and unlocking more of the world which is down to one area that's off limits to me. Haven't done much in Chapter IV other than run around and mow lawns and such to earn more money but I'm still enjoying myself.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2007, 12:55:08 AM »

Found a nifty little bug tonight. I got to the "Discretion Advised" mission where you have to tag certain posters around town. As you're doing this, a little nerd runs behind your back and puts up new ones. Being the enterprising man that I am, I found the kid and beat him senseless so he'd stop doing that. I then check the two posters on my map that showed incomplete and what do you know.

They'd both already been tagged and I couldn't do anything but let the clock run out and start over. Wheeeee!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: