http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 08:21:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brother in arms is almost done! 1 item left. That`s it!  (Read 2188 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2005, 04:47:11 AM »

If you check this out-->http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/ they say how close this game is to being done! Getting there!!!
 Here are some sweet movies that show the potential of this... http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1619/Developer-Overview-HiRes
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1631/Authenticity/
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1632/Brotherhood/
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1633/Realism/
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1634/Graphics-and-AI/
 Check it out! I`m suprised more threads aren`t about this game. I hope it delivers.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 05:57:27 AM »

I'm kinda burnt out on the whole WW2 genre right now.  BiA looks good so I'll pick this one up eventually, unless it gets bad reviews in the forums.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 06:57:51 AM »

I was pretty excited about BiA at one time, but I'm also burned out on WW2.  I wouldn't be suprised if it does well on PC, but the less than great results for Call of Duty on consoles tells me the interest there is low for WW2 shooters right now.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 07:01:42 AM »

I cant ever get burned on brilliant WW2 games, and I cannot freaking wait for BIA. Hopefully it will actually come out in early March.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 07:13:49 AM »

I also cannot see the timer they are talking about, and I looked everywhere-pissing me off smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 08:11:28 AM »

Go to www.gearboxsoftware.com and look up :wink: , it will say blank number of items to be completed etc. I`m also burnt out on World war 2 games for a bit, BUT...This looks awesome. The reason why COD rocked on the PC and sucked on the Xbox and other consoles wasn`t because were burnt out on WWII games but rather the console games sucked. This is a cross between full spectrum warrior and COD. Look here http://xbox.ign.com/articles/579/579774p1.html, tell me that MP doesn`t look and sound great.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 02:17:48 PM »

This game was my #1 game at E3 last May.  I sat through the 20 minute demo and picked my jaw off the floor when I left.  

I'm all over this one.  Most anticipated game for sure, STALKER is right behind it though.

Go Gunners...
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 03:12:58 PM »

looks good sounds great, but im so burned otu on WW2 games ive decided to go with First to Fight.  Its a shooter of the same caliber as this one (mabey a wee bit less squad orriented) based on modern day marines and what they do.  Since they are  supposedly released on the same day, i think im gonna check out First to Fight.

AttA
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 05:13:31 PM »

I didn't know this came out the same day as First to Fight. I don't know if I can afford both frown

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Go to www.gearboxsoftware.com and look up :wink: , it will say blank number of items to be completed etc. I`m also burnt out on World war 2 games for a bit, BUT...This looks awesome. The reason why COD rocked on the PC and sucked on the Xbox and other consoles wasn`t because were burnt out on WWII games but rather the console games sucked.

We have a winner. smile This is exactly the case re: CoD. I'm as burnt out as the next person, as we've all wiped out the German populace time and again. If the game is cool, I'll pick it up eventually for PC but for right now I want to play in other genres.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
I was pretty excited about BiA at one time, but I'm also burned out on WW2.  I wouldn't be suprised if it does well on PC, but the less than great results for Call of Duty on consoles tells me the interest there is low for WW2 shooters right now.

What do you mean by "less than great results for Call of Duty on consoles?" Are you implying that it didn't sell well? Finest Hour sold like hot cakes for Activision. It was a mediocre game from all accounts, but its sales indicate that the market for WWII games is still alive and well.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 04:06:28 AM »

I think he meant it sucked, not that it sold poorly.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 04:30:36 AM »

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but the number of things has fallen to 20 in less than a day. I know there were some internet rumors that they were trying to hit a 2/22 release date, and if that list gets done tomorrow and they submit a RC, its feasible-3/8 still looks likely, but i expect the game is a few days away from being gold.

Cannot frigging wait.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 04:49:18 AM »

I just looked at that. I`m REALLY looking forward to this.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 10:04:53 AM »

18 things left!
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 03:52:33 PM »

I think he meant it sucked, not that it sold poorly.

When he said "interest is low" he seems to be implying sales, but whatever. By all accounts, Brothers In Arms looks to be an excellent game and hopefully will sell as well as Finest Hour.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 07:01:31 AM »

8 left WOW!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 07:24:47 AM »

Gamestop has still not changed the 2/22 release date...lets say the game is already "gold" and the 8 bugs left are actually the 8 remaining things before a RC can be certified gold. They will be working this weekend, so that gives them Monday-Monday (7 days) for manufacturing and distributing.

Its a stretch, but you never now. Man I am looking forward to this one more and more every day, i just hope they get the FSW squad commanding to be visceral and still have the combat be COD style satisfying.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 09:08:33 AM »

Same here, that`s exactly what it looks like to me.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 08:09:06 PM »

Well bad news. The list went down to 6, then up to 24 or something, and now, is up to.....wait for it....
257!!!!!

YIKES!!!

This leads me to believe that work items went to zero-a RC was submitted, and sent back with 257 or more new or old items. Keeping this in mind, the 3/8 looks most likely.

Shame frown
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 04:56:18 AM »

As long as it doesn`t take forever and it isn`t buggy, they can take their time and get it right :wink: .
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 07:39:57 AM »

Oh i agree with you completely. 3/8 is perfectly fine for me too, Im just lameting the fact I will have to figure out where to find time to play Republic Commando, Project Snowblind, and this all at the same time smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 03:44:02 AM »

LOL rage we are back to 78 items I believe :wink: . BTW, are you grabbing this on XBOX or PC? If you aregrabbing the xbox one and you have Live! and if this turn sout good...we`ll have to play some MP stuff. My gamertag is Harpua3. Later.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 06:49:25 AM »

We were down to 56 earlier today frown

Anyways, this is a good sign, I think the 3/8 date is solid and I cannot wait. As for which version-Harp, I can't imagine picking this up on PC considering:
a. controls-keyboard and mouse makign both the FPS portion and certainly the tactical portion easier to play.
b. I have a nifty system and I want to see it look purty.
c. I will enjoy the multiplayer more given a. above-the control scheme.

I would enjoy the hell out of playing this with you and the guys on XBox Live, but I am going to push you to buy the PC version so I dont have to smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 08:00:39 AM »

hmmm...my PC is more than capable...I`m gonna wait and see how they both pan out. Then choose :wink: .
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 08:28:58 PM »

hmmm...my PC is more than capable...Im gonna wait and see how they both pan out. Then choose :wink: .

If your PC is capable, why is there even a choice? Better graphics, patches, easier control-and equally good multiplayer absent the ease of communication, etc. Come on!! Get it on PC and lets start a mini-clan!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 04:51:51 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
hmmm...my PC is more than capable...Im gonna wait and see how they both pan out. Then choose :wink: .

absent the ease of communication, etc.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 04:52:57 AM »

The very easy voice setup on Live! is great. That`s a big factor for me. Plus I wanna see how buggy the PC game is and how much the graphics differ.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 04:05:30 AM »

Only one item left. Bring me this gaming goodness!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 05:39:19 AM »

YEAH BABY YEAH!! I am going to have to master this game so I can beat all in multiplayer!! MUAHAHAHA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: