http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:12:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brag about your Gamerscore/Achievements here!  (Read 2499 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2005, 04:56:46 PM »

Cool

So anyway, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where you can list your gamerscore and greatest achievements etc...kind of like a Gaming Trend High Score list or something. smile

I'll start:

My Gamerscore is 880

The highest points I have on a single game is Kameo with 320. Second place is Madden with 200.

Ok, now beat that!   Tongue

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 05:47:49 PM »

Well this may not exactly fit into your catagory, but I have to brag:

Unfortunatly I think someone has me beat now.

LiveTAG: happydog
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 06:08:47 PM »

I looked at Madden via another friend's point list, and the number of points that game just gives out is absurd. Talk about breaking the system.

But, I do have 215 points right now. Just haven't taken the time to beat either of my games (blame Dragon Quest VIII on that one).

As of this exact moment, I'm #12 in the world in Retro Geometry Wars (DestructorCG). biggrin
Talk about a frantic game. And a very fun one, too.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 07:18:37 PM »

Yeah some games seem to be out of whack in the points it gives... for example you get 50 points for doing the training mission in COD2, but then nothing until beating the game or winning missions on veteren difficulty.  But then Madden gives you I think it is 100 just for winning a single franchise game or getting 4 sacks in a game??  Out of whack indeed.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 07:18:57 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
I looked at Madden via another friend's point list, and the number of points that game just gives out is absurd. Talk about breaking the system.

It gives out 1000 points like pretty much every other full game out there. Most of them (400?) come from playing a franchise for 30 years. It's the only ting I have left in Madden other than 4 sacks in a single game (I keep forcing fumbles when I sack hehe).

The 265 points I have from NFS are more meaningful, #5 on the wanted list and still climbing. I wish they had achievements other than ranking on the wanted list, like 1,000,000 bounty in a single chase or something like that. Every game seems to do it a little differently.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 09:43:17 PM »

I have 920 points.  Mine has been somewhat of a team effort as my 11 year old son has gotten like 360 of those points playing Kameo and my wife got a few points playing Hexic.  

As someone else said, the way the points are handed out is a little strange.  For example you can get a bunch of points in Tiger Woods for basically doing nothing, yet some of the most impossible looking tasks are only worth 5 points.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully I might add, to survive for 60 seconds in Geometry Wars without firing a shot.  Very tough task if you ask me...a lot tougher than "Enter the History Book" or "Win and offline game" in Madden.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:16:14 AM »

I have 280 points, but I only have 2 games (Kameo and Condemned) and have had very limited play time lately.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 01:28:35 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"
I have 920 points.  Mine has been somewhat of a team effort as my 11 year old son has gotten like 360 of those points playing Kameo and my wife got a few points playing Hexic.  

As someone else said, the way the points are handed out is a little strange.  For example you can get a bunch of points in Tiger Woods for basically doing nothing, yet some of the most impossible looking tasks are only worth 5 points.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully I might add, to survive for 60 seconds in Geometry Wars without firing a shot.  Very tough task if you ask me...a lot tougher than "Enter the History Book" or "Win and offline game" in Madden.

Yeah, some games are much harder than others. Madden is the easiest by far....I mean....get a first down? Ok....

Geometry Wars is the hardest so far. I just got my first achievement yesterday. I scored over 100,000 points for the first time. That was tough! I don't even want to think about the 60 second thing.

The hardest one of all  though is Smash TV. One of the achievments is finish the game without continues.  :shock:  :shock: That is IMPOSSIBLE. Whoever does it must have the reflexes of a robot and nerves of steel....

Now to play some more Madden to bump my score up.... smile

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 01:36:40 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Geometry Wars is the hardest so far. I just got my first achievement yesterday. I scored over 100,000 points for the first time. That was tough! I don't even want to think about the 60 second thing.

The hardest one of all  though is Smash TV. One of the achievments is finish the game without continues.  :shock:  :shock: That is IMPOSSIBLE. Whoever does it must have the reflexes of a robot and nerves of steel....

I consider some games to be worth far more in the eyes of 'how good your gamer score really is', and Geometry Wars is most definitely that game.

Let's see... I have the Pacifism reward (not too tough), the Survived 100k (Retro mode - tough), and the 100k and 250k scores (for Evolved mode - the first isn't that bad, the second, wow). Those are some achivements that should be far more than just 5 and 10 points.

And beating Smash TV without continuing? It can be done. Very, very hard to do so though.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »

Broke 2k yay... there are a lot of expensive Ferraris in PGR3.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 03:22:31 PM »

I kicked Lockdown's ass in NHL 2K6!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 04:00:03 PM »

I kicked Devil's ass in NHL 2K6!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 04:21:36 PM »

Most of mine are coming from Condemned and NFS:MW as I'm reviewing both.  Those take TIME.  I'm with you there coop - wish they'd give you achievements for other things other that just beating down the top 15.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JodoKast
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 05:28:17 PM »

Gametag: Grimulk
Gamescore: 1470

Most of those came from beating Kameo and Gun (both fairly short games).  Working on PGR3 stuff now, just got the Ferrari club achievement last night.

Gamertag : NJ Devilfish
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 08:43:06 PM »

Just 70 for me.  I've only got two games- PDZ and Condemned.  PDZ is incredibly stingy with the single player stuff- you really don't get any until you beat the game.  Condemned is less stingy but I've only played an hour.

I hear Kameo gives out huge amounts of points but I won't be getting that until Christmas.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 04:48:30 AM »

440 here but here's something annoying...

I've been having Xbox Live connection difficulties tonight. For some reason, the service won't stay connected for more than about 10 or 15 minutes before dropping me. I have to power down my router and restart it to get back on Xbox Live.

So tonight I'm playing the boss battle in Kameo and Xbox Live drops me. I beat the game, reconnect to Xbox Live and see the FINISHED GAME achievement for Kameo is still locked. Does this mean I absolutely have to beat the game while connected to Xbox Live or I won't get credit for it? If so, that's a major nuisance for those of us with wireless network connectivity issues.

Anyone know what might be up with my wireless network to cause periodic drops? When I run the Xbox Network Test after getting dropped from Xbox Live it fails the IP Address portion.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 01:17:24 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
So tonight I'm playing the boss battle in Kameo and Xbox Live drops me. I beat the game, reconnect to Xbox Live and see the FINISHED GAME achievement for Kameo is still locked. Does this mean I absolutely have to beat the game while connected to Xbox Live or I won't get credit for it? If so, that's a major nuisance for those of us with wireless network connectivity issues.

Don't worry.  Your achievements are stored on your X360 hard drive and uploaded once you are reconnected to Live.  I read this somewhere because I had that same question earlier.  I can't remember where I read it though.

I've had no problems with my Live service.  It sounds like it may be your broadband service provider.  I know I will have problems in the future because I have crappy Comcast, known for thier unexpected broadband outages and screwups.

XM Channel 76
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »

Gauntlet MP
Madden 06
Kameo
COD2
Hexic HD

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 01:31:36 PM »

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »

Oh and I got that from www.mygamercard.net

Pretty cool! It's got a leaderboard and everything. I'm #314.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 02:17:27 PM »

woot!

I just got 257,000 points on Geometry Wars. I was SOOO close to getting that survived 250,000 achievement....I died for the first time at 234,000 points.   :x

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »

#38 on the list, but it's just a list of people using the service, not overall.

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 02:42:27 PM »

Coopasonic=2245?! Holy crap!

I guess it's not surprising since I see you online virtually every time I log in to Xbox Live. biggrin Nice work.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 03:18:24 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
woot!

I just got 257,000 points on Geometry Wars. I was SOOO close to getting that survived 250,000 achievement....I died for the first time at 234,000 points.   :x

Now that is an impressive feat. Just a bit more work...

happydog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 05:45:43 PM »

LiveTAG: happydog
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »

Kameo
Call of Duty 2
NHL 2K6
NBA 2K6
Xbox Arcade

XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 06:07:46 PM »

I think I have 50 total points.  It appears my suckage knows no bounds!

:?

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

Most of mine are from Hexic.   :?

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 06:17:07 PM »

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »

Have 340 or so gamer points.

Managed to get 322k on geometry wars last night.  I was so happy!

Then I looked at the top ten scores on the game.  I have no idea how they do that.

However, at least I have something to shoot for.

Edit: 569,000 now.  This game might cost me a letter grade on a couple finals...

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 07:33:18 PM »

someone needs to explain to me what the hades this is

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 07:38:39 PM »

Quote from: "Semaj"
someone needs to explain to me what the hades this is

When you do certain things in xbox 360 games, you get "achievements" on Live, which get you points which make up your gamerscore. Each game distributes points differently.

For Madden, you get X points for gettign your first ever first down, more points for getting 200 yards rushing in a game for the first time, for getting a franchise team a superbowl win, etc.

In Kameo, you get points for unlocking forms and for rescuing people. In PGR3 you get points for getting all silver/gold/platinum etc medals, for buying all available ferraris, for earning a platinum medal using a manual transmission, blah blah blah.

Most $50-60 games have 1000 points available, most live arcade games seem to have 200 points available. It's really just something to brag about.

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 12:45:16 AM »

ahh so its a 360 thing smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 01:34:14 AM »

*sigh* someday...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »

give me a year and a second job and I'll have one smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2005, 09:27:43 AM »

I think most of my points came from completing CoD2 on normal mode and some hexic pts as well.  I've played a bit of Tiger Woods and have yet to earn any pts
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 11:53:29 AM »

I don't have too much going on yet.
So far my biggest accomplishment (though it didn't get the most points) was making a black pearl in hexic. I think half those points came from a game of Madden, which I borrowed for one evening and promptly took back. Pretty, but really complicated, and no way I was going to make significant progress in a few days.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2005, 02:10:06 PM »

I think I'm giong to rent Madden for the weekend to pad my score.  smile

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 05:32:12 PM »

I'm now over 1200.  Started playing Gun yesterday and it really boosted it.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 06:17:56 PM »

Same here, I played Gun a bunch last night and boosted mine up over 1,000

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: