http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 12:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Box Art and Feature List for Oblivion  (Read 1741 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2005, 04:02:43 PM »

Well, they have the box art done at least! smile

http://www.2kgames.com/home/oblivion_pc.shtml

FEATURES:

*Live Another Life in Another World. Create and play any character you can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.

*Next Generation Graphics. Pixel-shader effects and high definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.

*First Person Melee and Magic. An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.

*Radiant AI. This groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion's characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.

*Realistic Characters. Oblivion's features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other and you.

*Open-Ended Game Play; Short Challenges. The enormous world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace, and shorter challenges such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, creating magic items and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.

drool

Oh man, I can't wait for this game!  biggrin

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »

I got mine preordered...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »

I can't figure out whether I'll want this for PC or Xbox.  The Xbox will be much more powerful than my PC, but I might not have an HDTV to really take advantage of it.  The mod community did such a great job with PC Morrowind, so that makes me lean toward PC even more.  A controller is easier on the hands than WASD, but hey, my Xbox controller will work on the PC won't it?  Decisions decisions...
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »

I think I'm getting if for my pc.. Wonder what kind of pc will be required to play it?

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 06:13:19 PM »

PC with this one. The mod community for Morrowind pretty much made the game for me, and I'll expect nothing less for Oblivion.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 09:03:48 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
PC with this one. The mod community for Morrowind pretty much made the game for me, and I'll expect nothing less for Oblivion.

Same here.

Although I'm not sure I have the PC needed to run the game properly based on my experience with Morrowind. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »

Depends on release date and if my PC will be able to handle it.  My gut feeling is that the PC version will be pushed back to first quarter next year so that Oblivion can be a launch title for 360.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 02:11:54 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Depends on release date and if my PC will be able to handle it.  My gut feeling is that the PC version will be pushed back to first quarter next year so that Oblivion can be a launch title for 360.

You know, I could see that happening as well...

I am not going to be that upset though, since I am getting a 360 and it's going to look amazing on that machine. smile

Oblivion in 1080I, Dolby 5.1 Sound on my 56" Widescreen..... drool

FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 02:39:36 AM »

Man, I sure hope not. I've played every ES game since Arena, and I still want to think of ES as a PC role playing game first.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 03:07:20 AM »

Quote from: "FlyingElvis"
Man, I sure hope not. I've played every ES game since Arena, and I still want to think of ES as a PC role playing game first.

It might be a tough decision on Bethesda's part but being in on the ground floor of a console launch is an incredible opportunity for sales.  Especially when you're the only RPG in town.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 03:47:56 AM »

That's some ugly boxart.

If I ever buy this game, (which is super-unlikely, I've never enjoyed any of Bethesda's games--did I mention how pissed off I am that they get to do Fallout 3?), it'll be for the XBox 360.  Morrowind still runs like crap on every system I've seen -- and I imagine Oblivion will run much, much worse.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 01:25:26 PM »

My PC, Xbox, and PS2 are all hooked up to my TV. So, I am so confizzled as to what to do.

Though, by the time the X360 comes out my PC will be weak as sin compared to the X360. Haven't heard ANYTHING about new graphic cards for PC's and whatnot. So I'm not sure if I should upgrade some stuff now or later...*Sighs*

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 06:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
My PC, Xbox, and PS2 are all hooked up to my TV. So, I am so confizzled as to what to do.

Though, by the time the X360 comes out my PC will be weak as sin compared to the X360. Haven't heard ANYTHING about new graphic cards for PC's and whatnot. So I'm not sure if I should upgrade some stuff now or later...*Sighs*

From what I have heard, PC's won't have anything until early 2007 that can do what the Xbox 360's graphics card can do.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 07:14:08 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

From what I have heard, PC's won't have anything until early 2007 that can do what the Xbox 360's graphics card can do.

Is the graphics card for the new X-Box going to have more features that it can do (i.e. pixel shading, etc), or is it just more powerful than the current cards?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 07:51:01 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Quote from: "Hetz"

Is the graphics card for the new X-Box going to have more features that it can do (i.e. pixel shading, etc), or is it just more powerful than the current cards?

Both.

Check out the hardware article over at Team Xbox for a full explanation.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 08:38:56 PM »

BTW, random thought I had during my trip to E3...:

You know the Xbox 360 has a removeable HD, right? And USB support? And CD/DVD-whatever support?

What's stopping Bethesda from designing Oblivion on the Xbox 360 to accept mods? As far as I'm concerned, absolutely nothing. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050516/lam142.html

Winter 2005 for PC and Xbox 360! smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: