http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 06:50:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borderlands - Reviews, impressions and discussions  (Read 20007 times)
Cragmyre
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 30, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on August 30, 2010, 03:10:53 PM

My nephew and I just beat the game. Now at both level 36, we're looking for things to do to level us up to 50. I do plan on getting Gen Nox Armoury, maybe Zombie Island too, but my understanding is both are aimed at a level higher than 36. We're sure we completed every quest in the game, but do any new quests open up once you finished the Vault quest? If not, any suggestions on the best way to level up to 50?

I believe Zombie Island scales.  I'm pretty sure I did it when I was only level 19 or so.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 30, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

to a point.  it doesn't scale to you if you are level 50, like i was when i finally got it.  it's designed as the first dlc after beating the game so it should be right up your alley.  not sure if moxxi scales or what the ranges are but other than adding a storage chest, is considered the weakest of the 3.  knox is the biggest and best of the dlc and iirc, scales to you with one exception, a major boss named crawmerax, who is set at 62?  anyways, you can't go wrong with the zombie one and knox if you want to keep going. 

you could also start on playthrough 2 which starts the enemies out at a higher level to match your current one and see how much of a challenge it would be.

if you decide to get zombie island, don't wait too long. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 30, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 30, 2010, 05:19:06 PM

to a point.  it doesn't scale to you if you are level 50, like i was when i finally got it.  it's designed as the first dlc after beating the game so it should be right up your alley.  not sure if moxxi scales or what the ranges are but other than adding a storage chest, is considered the weakest of the 3.  knox is the biggest and best of the dlc and iirc, scales to you with one exception, a major boss named crawmerax, who is set at 62?  anyways, you can't go wrong with the zombie one and knox if you want to keep going. 

you could also start on playthrough 2 which starts the enemies out at a higher level to match your current one and see how much of a challenge it would be.

I had a character that just started playthrough 2 and I tried to go through Zombie Island.  It was impossible.  I would say if you wanted to play Zombie Island on playthrough 2, you need to get half-way through playthrough 2 before you're going to survive.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 30, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

I tried Zombie Island at L39 (2nd play through) and the monsters started at L42. So about half-way through to get in the L41/42 range to do this seems about right.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:52 PM »

I'm in the middle of Zombie Island on a much lower level, and it's fine there, too.  Pretty good scaling.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 30, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on August 30, 2010, 05:56:59 PM

Quote from: Caine on August 30, 2010, 05:19:06 PM

I had a character that just started playthrough 2 and I tried to go through Zombie Island.  It was impossible.  I would say if you wanted to play Zombie Island on playthrough 2, you need to get half-way through playthrough 2 before you're going to survive.

that sounds about right.  i was half way through p2 when i got zombie island.  it may have been less than 50 now that i think of it, but the mobs were no match.  barely dented the shield, even the last boss.  however, the armory on playthrough 2 is difficult even if you are level 50.  mobs start at 51/52 there and they are tough.  lots of resistances and all of them armored. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »

Good info everyone. I think we're going to do a 2nd playthru and get Zombie Isle 1st, then Knox once we've gotten over level 50.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:19:21 AM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:39 AM »

very very happy that i didn't buy any DLC for Borderlands

GOTY edition this October
http://kotaku.com/5625723/borderlands-is-officially-going-game-of-the-year-this-october

Gearbox Software's runaway hit Borderlands  is, officially, getting a "Game of the Year" style re-release, compiling anything and everything Borderlands into one complete, Claptrap-filled package.

Included in the Borderlands Game of the Year Edition release will be all four of the game's aftermarket add-ons—The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and the recently announced Claptrap's New Robot Revolution—plus one new bonus map that is, according to Gearbox, "awesome."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 31, 2010, 01:25:55 AM »

—plus one new bonus map that is, according to Gearbox, "awesome."

Oh please don't tell me that I won't be getting this "awesome" new map with the Claptrap DLC! I've bought the three first DLC and was planning on getting the fourth. I would be disappointed not to be able to get the map, since it's all "awesome" and such  icon_frown

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 31, 2010, 02:40:59 AM »

Hmm....not sure if I'll hold out for the GOTY, considering I'm only really interested in ZI and Knox. I got the original game for a good price in a trade, so even inlcuding the 1600 pts for the 2 expansions it'll still all be cheaper than the GOTY.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2010, 04:49:59 AM »

I passed on buying the game and three DLCs for my Steam backlog at $20, as my machine currently won't run it.  Now I have to face the possibility that the prices won't be coming back down for a while. 

Ah, well, it's going to be February before I can get my new machine anyway.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on August 31, 2010, 01:25:55 AM

Oh please don't tell me that I won't be getting this "awesome" new map with the Claptrap DLC! I've bought the three first DLC and was planning on getting the fourth. I would be disappointed not to be able to get the map, since it's all "awesome" and such  icon_frown

haha..okay this may be good news for you

i just found out(Eurogamer)..its a fold out map that comes with the game...not a DLC map...d'oh

The original announcement tweet  mentioned a "bonus map", which led to some confusion, but a post on the official forum revealed that this will be a physical map hand drawn by Scott Kester, rather than an in-game bonus.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 31, 2010, 12:12:51 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on August 31, 2010, 01:25:55 AM

haha..okay this may be good news for you

i just found out(Eurogamer)..its a fold out map that comes with the game...not a DLC map...d'oh

The original announcement tweet  mentioned a "bonus map", which led to some confusion, but a post on the official forum revealed that this will be a physical map hand drawn by Scott Kester, rather than an in-game bonus.

Thanks metallicorphan, that's good news. Count me in on the new DLC!

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: