http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 09:14:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borderlands interview..co-op fps / rpg  (Read 729 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »

1Up/Games For Windows Mag has scrounged up an interview with Randy Pitchford about Gearbox's upcoming post-apocalyptic themed co-op FPS, Borderlands.

GFW: You said from the first week you guys were designing this as a co-op game. What sorts of things are built into the game for the explicit purpose of teamwork or playing with a friend? Or is that an open-ended...

RP: If you are alone, you can play the game beginning to end. If you have friends, the experience is fun too. It's fun in different ways -- you can interact socially, you can work together, you can trade -- but the game works whether you have one, two, three, or four players. In fact you can play the game halfway through yourself, take your character and all your stuff and all your skills, and then join [director Matt Armstrong]'s game and you guys can play together and get some new stuff. Maybe he's got some items he'll give to you, and then you can take all the stuff you've got, the new levels you've gone up, the new skills you've developed, all your new equipment, and then go back to where you were in your game and keep going. You can finish the game, take your character, and start it again. And your character is just going to get better and better and better.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164295

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »

dibs on the big monster machine!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »

Yeah I read about this-it sounds crazy insane amibitious and I get the feeling its going to be a game thats going to get delayed quite a bit-but if it works the way they want it to it could be really awesome.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »

Hell, these guys haven't even been able to put out the new Brothers in Arms game yet.  I see no hope for seeing this one anytime soon.  I really wish companies would keep games under wraps until much later in their development.  I've got about 20 games I want to buy in the next month, I don't need to get hyped up on a game that won't be out for another 18 months. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 12:16:55 AM »

Although I bought both Brothers in Arms games and even the Halo PC port (so I'm not some anti-Gearboxx troll, truly), I truly think Randy Pitchford spends too much time bragging about how great their next games are going to be and not enough time working on making it so.  disgust Tongue

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 13, 2007, 12:16:55 AM

Although I bought both Brothers in Arms games and even the Halo PC port (so I'm not some anti-Gearboxx troll, truly), I truly think Randy Pitchford spends too much time bragging about how great their next games are going to be and not enough time working on making it so.  disgust Tongue

kinda like Peter Molyneaux......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:38 AM »

New video

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/19815/PC/Borderlands

Gearbox know the end is nigh for World War II, so they've ripped off the first quest from Fallout and spun it into a complete game:

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: