http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 06:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/PS3] Borderlands 2  (Read 34838 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on October 09, 2012, 06:11:17 AM

Mechromancer character is being released on all platforms Tuesday Oct. 9th. A week earlier than they had planned for.

Can't wait to try the class out.

woah,nice,that's today!!

Downloaded,you have to download from the ingame menu at the moment because it is not showing on the marketplace(when posting this)

No new Achievements-no biggie
She is not featured in the opening movie-shame
She does not have a background ECHO device on her like the other 4 characters did-Aww icon_frown
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:10:17 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

Got aboutb 6 levels into the mechromancer and she's definitely fun. The robot is hella tough and stays out for a good long while; definitely going to be useful. I'm planning on going down the middle tree for increased elemental damage and effects. My only worry is how effective she will be against armored enemies, as her elemental effects seem to stick with shock (and some fire stuff later on). Time will tell.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »

Wow they released a new class so soon?  I'm 40+ hours in and still haven't finished my first game.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 09, 2012, 08:24:14 AM

I am now level 17 and just met Tiny Tina. Really enjoying the game however I went with Axton and wish I had gone with zer0 as 90% of my time is sniping. I always seem to forget my turret so have put all my points in improving my stats and damage so far.

Haha, I'm playing the Gunzerker and I thought the same thing.  I spend most of my time hanging back sniping guys with headshots so I should have just played Zer0 instead. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »

I use every gun equally with my Gunzerker.  I usually start with sniper rifle until a bunch spawn then I get closer with other weapons.  I'm speccd halfway in the first and third (tanky) trees.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: October 09, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »

Spending most of my time as Zer0 as intended snd have all of my points in the scoping tree, but I do have a nice collection of most other weapons that I swap back and forth depending on the situation.  I was sticking with Moxxi's shotgun until a better blue dropped and still have her caustic smg as my usual pairing with an incendiary rifle and Mordecai's caustic rifle.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 09, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »

my main guns for my Commando were sniper and shotty ...and there was one more weapon throughout the game i used a lot and that was a fire elemental pistol for a long time,it had really garbage stats,but really did a great job on the enemies somehow and i ended up keeping it until mid to late 20s(if you take into account that i finished the game at level 34,that's not bad)

for me though,each of the characters i played at i pretty much played it the same way each time...same weapons,just different abilities(which apart from Commando's Turrets i hardly touched)

I don't see Assassin as Sniper or Gunzerker as heavy weapons etc

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 09, 2012, 05:42:08 PM

This has been the way I've been playing it. I'm commando but I don't snipe that much. My "go to" weapon is my assault rifle, but I keep a shotgun, SMG and pistol in the other slots so I can quick swap (SWAPPIN' WEAPONS! icon_biggrin) between them to keep my ammo use even. I only switch to the sniper rifle when there's a nice long range target which doesn't seem to happen that often for me.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

Finished my first playthrough as a Siren over the weekend and spent most of it using SMGs.  Once the ammo capacity was fully upgraded, I didn't find a need to switch very often except the occational rocket launcher against constructors. I liked that playstyle of getting to a nice middle distance from everyone and just spraying bullets to set off the elemental effects.  Now that I'm into True Vault Hunter mode however, I'm switching to assault rifles, as I need the extra distance to survive (had to also add some survival skills to my build).

Also played a mechromancer to level 6 and am digging what I see so far. I'll likely go down the middle tree to boost elemental effects, and a bit of the left for survival and extending the time robot buddy is out. My big worry is how she will handle armored enemies, as most of the elemental skills seem to focus on shock and some fire. Nothing corrosive beyond the basic elemental % chance boost.  Maybe shooting my robot with corrosive so he takes on that property will be enough?

PS - this game is owning my life. With dishonored/XCOM sitting on my desk as we speak, I am having serious issues figuring out where to spend my time. Maybe pick a big fight with the wife and move into an apartment for a few months?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 09, 2012, 05:51:13 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 09, 2012, 05:42:08 PM

This has been the way I've been playing it. I'm commando but I don't snipe that much. My "go to" weapon is my assault rifle, but I keep a shotgun, SMG and pistol in the other slots so I can quick swap (SWAPPIN' WEAPONS! icon_biggrin) between them to keep my ammo use even. I only switch to the sniper rifle when there's a nice long range target which doesn't seem to happen that often for me.

Ha no i was using Sniper for things right in front of me

Also i noticed if you quickly press LT+hold and then RT you automatically aim at the enemy and fire,and then again LT hold and RT...and just keep doing that with the general direction of the enemies,instead of keeping it scoped all the time and having to find your enemies down the scope

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »

Today when you downloaded the new DLC for Borderlands,you should of also downloaded a 3mb patch(at least on 360 anyway)

this is what the patch does
- Fixed an issue where a mission's level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed controller vibration sometimes persisting indefinitely in splitscreen games.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167349

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »

It did not fix the Do No Harm quest, unfortunately.

I finally just jumped into a MP session which was about two chapters before it.  I was able to get it checked off, but it convinced me that MP is just not for me.  What utter chaos.

I could see that being entertaining on a second playthrough or with friends who were a little more focused, but sheesh it was not appealing to me.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2012, 11:51:51 PM »

Yeah, I've tried multiplayer a few times and invariably I end up not playing how I really enjoy playing the game.  Usually I prefer to take my time, explore the whole map and find and open every box/crate/loot pile, but when I'm with other people it tends to be a much more hectic and goal-driven affair. 

To each their own, I just hope those people don't get offended when I make my game Offline or Invite Only.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »

My ADD and OCD are in direct conflict with Borderlands 2.

Sofar, I found that the best "sniper" is Maya. Zero feels better playing medium range, where I find that Gunzerk is short-to-medium and the soldier is ... well, middle of the road.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »

So I downloaded the Mechromancer, but I also need to download the Compatibility pack, but it cost -1 MS points.   When I try to D/L it telling me I need to buy exactly  4294967295 MS points... WTH

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 10, 2012, 12:58:53 AM

So I downloaded the Mechromancer, but I also need to download the Compatibility pack, but it cost -1 MS points.   When I try to D/L it telling me I need to buy exactly  4294967295 MS points... WTH

That's only five billion dollars, cheapskate slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2012, 01:10:44 AM »

So I downloaded the Mechromancer, but I also need to download the Compatibility pack, but it cost -1 MS points.   When I try to D/L it telling me I need to buy exactly  4294967295 MS points... WTH

Yeah I have this problem as well. Can't play co-op now.

Edit: Gearbox Software ‏@GearboxSoftware

We are looking into reports of incorrect pricing on the Borderlands 2 compatibility pack that's currently rolling out on Xbox Live.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:19:12 AM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 10, 2012, 01:07:15 AM

That's only five billion dollars, cheapskate slywink

From what I saw over on their forums, this apparently means it's just that Microsoft hasn't got the update ready for release yet and setting the price to -1 is a way to block anyone from getting it. Supposedly it will be ready soon.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »

Quote from: Covenant on October 09, 2012, 05:53:59 PM

PS - this game is owning my life. With dishonored/XCOM sitting on my desk as we speak, I am having serious issues figuring out where to spend my time. Maybe pick a big fight with the wife and move into an apartment for a few months?

I am finding it hard which of the three to concentrate on myself.  I need to call in sick one of these days or something.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 09, 2012, 10:33:52 PM

I could see that being entertaining on a second playthrough or with friends who were a little more focused, but sheesh it was not appealing to me.

Oscuros and I play co-op together and it is awesome. But we've been playing MMO games together for years and know what to expect from each other, have play styles that work together, etc.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »

A friend posted a video on Facebook of him and another friend playing......it looked piss easy in Co-Op

I thought the enemies were supposed to be tougher when playing with a friend

This game has been one of the toughest games i have played for a long time with me playing alone,I have actually been praising it for being so tough and making me work,but now i feel most people out there wont get how the toughness is in this game at all

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 10, 2012, 03:42:07 PM

A friend posted a video on Facebook of him and another friend playing......it looked piss easy in Co-Op

I thought the enemies were supposed to be tougher when playing with a friend

I played the first few missions (up until the boss on that huge gun) in co-op and the enemies were significantly harder. The first boss (the one who took Claptrap's eye) took way longer to kill than he did in my solo game.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

It's definitely harder in co-op. A lot of reviving your partners.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »

On this video they were just mincing everything,they were level 17 and the enemies were a few levels above them

NVM anyway

I saw this on 360a.org.....Lord of the Rings Easter Egg
To unlock this special event, you’ll first need to travel to the starting area; Claptraps’ Place.
Inside Claptrap’s Place, pick up an item hidden in the fireplace.
Next, travel to a special enemy called Geary on the volcano, in the Eridium Blight. You’ll need to travel up the volcano, using the ramps to jump over the lava flow to reach Geary.
You cannot fast-travel or die on your way to Geary. You’ll need to follow a specific path to reach him. You can use vehicles.
To reach Geary with the special item, start from the Fireplace and go to each area in this order; Claptrap’s Place, Southern Shelf, Three Horns – Divide, Three Horns – Valley, The Dust, and the Eridium Blight.
When you find Geary partially up the volcano, don’t attack him. Geary is a runty psycho bandit that will die in one hit, but will also drop rarity head items. If you want, Geary can be farmed for rarity heads, as he’ll always respawn in the area even if you don’t follow this method.
Don’t kill Geary! Let him hit you once. After he attacks, he’ll run off the cliff and dive into the lava.
Only let him hit you once. Once he jumps into the lava, look to the skies.
Three Rakk will fly over your locations and deliver three loot chests. One of these chests will always drop purple loot.
This is a reference to the Lord of the Rings series of books by J.R. Tolkien, in which a hero takes a secret ring from a fireplace and travels to a volcano to dispose of it — until it’s stolen by a psychopath who drops into the lava anyway. The heroes are then rescued by three birds from the erupting volcano.
Goodluck!

gonna try this now icon_biggrin

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »

Must just be for 360's. I'm there now with a 16 zerker, nothing in the fireplace, except a cardboard cut out of Mr. Handsome.(PC)

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on October 10, 2012, 04:35:20 PM

Must just be for 360's. I'm there now with a 16 zerker, nothing in the fireplace, except a cardboard cut out of Mr. Handsome.(PC)

I believe it has to be done on playthrough 2.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 10, 2012, 04:38:19 PM

Quote from: Arclight on October 10, 2012, 04:35:20 PM

I believe it has to be done on playthrough 2.

Oh,for piss sake....that explains why i couldn't find anything either,switching to TVHM

EDIT:
Yeah,it's there 'Geary's Unbreakable Gear'
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:05:29 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »

I shouldn't have started Gaige as I was having a ton of fun with Claptrap, but I almost to the end with Zero.  Also her skill trees look awesome... I'm actually thinking of going Anarchy  for a change of base...

NiM$
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »

I had some Gamestop Rewards points and I know I should be using them for DLC or XBL points or something useful, but I decided to get this instead. Sorry for the large size of the images, but my only camera is a crappy iTouch and the rez isn't good.

UPDATE: He's in good company:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:17:16 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 10, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »

I have points.  Might go see if I can grab one as well.

Edit - Looks like it is not up there anymore.  Only saw a Psycho.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:50:10 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 10, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 10, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

Edit - Looks like it is not up there anymore.  Only saw a Psycho.

Damn, maybe I got the last one. Sorry about that icon_neutral

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2012, 12:54:48 AM »

Dang, I would have bought that in a heartbeat, but I dropped a skag-load of points on a WoW Doomhammer.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »

You can buy the Psycho figurine at the official site for $20.  They don't have a listing for the Claptrap one, but they might just be sold out because of the sequel's release.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

The original date for the Mechromancer was 16th October,but came out a week early.....so,to fill in that slot,is the first DLC

we already knew it was Captain Scarlett and her pirate Booty,but now we know it is 16th October

and this link has a couple of pictures as well
http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/10/11/debut_borderlands_2_dlc_named/

The second picture reminds me of Return of the Jedi when Han and Luke are to be executed to the sarlacc pitt

oh,and as for Captain Scarlet,this was the Captain Scarlet i grew up with Tongue

EDIT: Pictures from Kotaku

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:45:35 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 11, 2012, 01:40:38 PM

The original date for the Mechromancer was 16th October,but came out a week early.....so,to fill in that slot,is the first DLC

we already knew it was Captain Scarlett and her pirate Booty,but now we know it is 16th October

Sheesh, I still haven't finished the first playthrough icon_biggrin. Hopefully this time all the DLC will be new areas to explore. I never did like those creature arena ones.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »

yeah i am hoping for no more Arena's,we already have 3(The Fridge,Hyperion and the Creature Slaughter Dome)

But i read yesterday that there are several new areas including ..
Spoiler for Hiden:
Salt Flats from the first game
and a town called Oasis

-New heads for each class
-new weaponary(Harpoons,Saws and Rockets)
-enemies drop stuff that can be traded for high level gear
-Hovercraft Vehicles

First boss with a raid lockout...which i am not sure what that means
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:02:59 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »

Raid lock out is probably 24 hrs from when you drop them.  Prevents farming

Can't believe they are putting a lock out on a boss.  Must drop some good loot

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 11, 2012, 01:40:38 PM

oh,and as for Captain Scarlet,this was the Captain Scarlet i grew up with Tongue

icon_lol That's exactly what I was about to post today before I realized Gearbox's is spelled differently.

Damn you, Gearbox. Got me all geek-excited for nothing.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »

It's great that they seem to be adding new systems in addition to the guns/areas/quests that you would expect. Seeing the details on this first DLC, I'm glad I picked up a season pass.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 11, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »

I'll probably end up up getting the season pass for this. That will be a first. I need to get bal to this tonight, I just don't know if dishonored will let me;).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: