http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:10:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/PS3] Borderlands 2  (Read 35101 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »

Is there anywhere I can access my stats? I just went through a marathon four hour play session including a massive story mission (a series of linked objectives) plus some side missions that overall was just awesome... and I'd like to see how I'm doing. I won't say anything about what I came across, but so much of it was unlike anything that I played in the first, say, ten hours I've been at it. "Jaw dropping" comes to mind.

I'm up to level 18 right now and I keep getting tempted to build up my Sabre turret although I know I need to spread the points around. I really love that turret. We're planning on a honeymoon trip to Tuscany next summer nod

Someone mentioned above about how ammo always seems to be running short. I did spent some Eridium to up my ammo limits, but I think for me that's not as effective as expanding my backpack so I can carry all the different elemental versions of each weapon type, so when I run short of ammo in one type of weapon I can switch to another that's still effective. It's still much more of a struggle in BL2 versus BL1 to have enough ammo to get through a mission. That's good in a way, makes you think.

One of the few things that irritating me is that when I come across a new skin, head or vehicle camo, I have to drop something out of my backpack so I can pick up the object which I immediately activate, thereby clearing it out of my backpack. I then pick back up what I dropped. I got so tired of this I stopped getting them for a while but realized I was probably missing out on accumulation of badass points. Would be nice if these cosmetic mods didn't take up a backpack slot.

Otherwise I'm all happy with the game. It's kicking my ass at times, but I'm loving it.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2012, 09:12:46 AM »

Oh shit,the loot box is in
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sanctuary?
...its not got Purple weapons in them have they?,as i just opened two loot chests there and got some awesome weapons...and yeah i think the chests were a different colour than usual

I was going to save the keys until i was a higher level ...shit icon_confused

I played until 4 am,then went to bed and then had about half a dozen different dreams about it..one was quite frightening and very strange icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2012, 05:16:37 AM »

I'm at level 19, almost ready to level up, so I decided to use one of my two Golden Keys and unlock the Golden Chest in
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sanctuary
It was... underwhelming. There were two purple grenade mods. Oh, they were nice, but they aren't game changers or something really exotic. Bit of a letdown actually. I guess they are random as to the type, but I'd rather have had a couple of weapons. Well, one more Golden Key yet to use. I'll be saving that for much later.

After last night's epic almost four hour story mission chain, this evening I pursued just a Trivial rated bonus mission, which turned into one of those multi-part challenges that consumed a couple of hours. Kind of fun. I also collected enough Eridium to expand my backpack to it's max size, which is
Spoiler for Hiden:
It's still not enough.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2012, 05:37:19 AM »

I had zero intentions of getting this, was convinced I'd suffer the same FPS motion sickness as in Borderlands (FOV slider or no). Engine No9 and I were chatting on Steam about it, and even though I'd played a lot of Torchlight 2, I ended up saying WTF. And happily, I just finished playing about 5 1/2 hours, no motion sickness at all.  icon_biggrin I did crank the FOV slider to the highest setting. I dunno if it made a difference, or it's just psychological.

Had a ball, did do some fun two player co-op late in the evening. Despite our disparate levels (me L8-9, him 1-3), it was still fun.  icon_smile I've had quite the ball and so far the difficulty feels just about right. Tough enough to be challenging and I do get whacked now and then, but most of the time it's neither cakewalk nor "get stuck" exasperating.

So thumbs up from someone who never thought he'd get to play it at all. thumbsup

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 23, 2012, 05:37:19 AM

OH NOOOOO!!!!!

My dear, sweet, lovely Sabre Turret is two timing me!! She told me I was the only one! I feel so... used. See if I ever upgrade her again crybaby

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »

Dying to get back in this... My buddy can't coop tonight. While solo is fun, I can't turn down my other buddy lbp vita!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »

Last night i
Spoiler for Hiden:
Saved Roland

and man,what a mission,it took bleeding ages...although that was lengthened with me always running out of ammo and having to run all the way back to the beginning of the mission area to use the machines,i think i need new guns,the ones i have eat through ammo like nothing else(my main gun uses 2 ammo with each shot)

I am hoping i have not missed much,i have been trying to do all the side missions i can find,

I do know nearer to the beginning of the game in the Icy areas i went to kill
Spoiler for Hiden:
That Midget riding whatever was underneath him

I was looking and looking for the 4th Telescope in the area but could not find it for the life of me

EDIT:
I am really loving all the Easter Eggs and nods towards popular culture,like this one(okay,that may be a little overused as a meme,but still)and the Side Mission Splinter Group(I wont say anything about that)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:31:46 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

Speaking of that Name Game quest (15 bullmongs, 5 bullmong piles), is that quest bugged in some way? I've clicked a half dozen glowing piles in the designated areas, across two sessions now, and only one of the piles has ticked on the 0/5 quest counter.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 23, 2012, 02:03:14 PM

Speaking of that Name Game quest (15 bullmongs, 5 bullmong piles), is that quest bugged in some way? I've clicked a half dozen glowing piles in the designated areas, across two sessions now, and only one of the piles has ticked on the 0/5 quest counter.
I know I wasn't getting credit for shooting them open.  I had to click them open, as you mentioned.  Whenever a quest bugs out on me, I quit and save and come back.  That normally does the trick.  There was another quest around that level that asked me to shoot X# of bandits with a special type of weapon, but there wasn't enough of that type of enemy to satisfy the quest.  I had to reload and come back for that too.

On the Name Game quest, be certain to read the instructions at each step so you don't do like I did and kill all the bullymongs and have to reload to spawn more because I didn't follow instructions.   
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »

I did crank the FOV slider to the highest setting. I dunno if it made a difference, or it's just psychological.

It DEFINITELY makes a difference. I missed the slider when I started playing, and the default setting was making me nauseous (which I didn't have trouble with in B1). Even on full FOV I find some of the SMGs unusable (like the Gearbox one you start with).

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 23, 2012, 03:29:05 PM

I did crank the FOV slider to the highest setting. I dunno if it made a difference, or it's just psychological.

It DEFINITELY makes a difference. I missed the slider when I started playing, and the default setting was making me nauseous (which I didn't have trouble with in B1). Even on full FOV I find some of the SMGs unusable (like the Gearbox one you start with).
That's also dye to the fact that most early SMGs have an insane amount of scope sway, especially the Hyperion models.  I have not kept any or those as I like to be a little more conservative with my ammo. 

As for that mission, it is a pretty long chain and one of those moments when I reverted back to my secondary weapons quite a bit.  I would either wait for the DoT damage to kill them or swap to a pistol to finish them off.  It also made the choice between a higher damage weapon using three bullets per shot vs a lower damage single shot weapon very easy. 

Btw, if you haven't done much gambling with the slot machine, I recommend it once in a while. You can often get stacks of eridium from it. Makes the ammo shortage easier to bear. 

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 23, 2012, 07:34:39 PM

Btw, if you haven't done much gambling with the slot machine, I recommend it once in a while. You can often get stacks of eridium from it. Makes the ammo shortage easier to bear. 

You also can win weapons too. The ones I got weren't too bad. And I see what you mean about the stacks of Eridium, I got eight at one time. Now I wonder if it will give me the same random chance again or remember that I won it once and so I'll never win it again.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2012, 02:01:52 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 23, 2012, 11:59:29 PM

You also can win weapons too. The ones I got weren't too bad. And I see what you mean about the stacks of Eridium, I got eight at one time. Now I wonder if it will give me the same random chance again or remember that I won it once and so I'll never win it again.

No, I've won stacks many times. Won some decent weapons too.  Oh, if you see the three bandit heads, run.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 23, 2012, 06:00:33 AM

Dying to get back in this... My buddy can't coop tonight. While solo is fun, I can't turn down my other buddy lbp vita!

Omg, my buddy has food poisoning! Anyone wanna ps3 this puppy tonight with me? Harpua33 is my psn id. I'm level 11 berserker I believe. That being said I'd try a new char. I am hard up, yes hard up to play this coop! I have Skype!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2012, 02:56:18 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 24, 2012, 02:01:52 AM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 23, 2012, 11:59:29 PM

No, I've won stacks many times. Won some decent weapons too.  Oh, if you see the three bandit heads, run.

Heh, the one and only time I tried the slot machine I got the three bandit heads.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:38 AM »

Hehe, I spend too much on the slot machines... rarely get anything worth the money really, but then again I rarely see something worth spending money on at this point too.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »

Ha,i always use the slot machine and then run over and stand by the bar,incase of Bandit Heads

I just got to a certain part in the story when dozen or two side missions became available

Has anybody
Spoiler for Hiden:
Attended Claptrap's birthday party?  Tongue

EDIT:Looks like there is going to be more DLC outside of the Season Pass four expansions

CVG

While there are rumors circulating as to what form a potential Borderlands 2 expansion might take, Gearbox's Randy Pitchford has confirmed that more DLC will be forthcoming outside of the four promised Season Pass content dumps.

"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC," Pitchford said. "The stuff we're planning and working on for the Campaign DLC Season Pass is big DLC stuff - more like [the original Borderlands' Knoxx."

He goes on to use the forthcoming Mechromancer class an an example, which is available from October 16. "Since we finished the game we've started with some new ideas that we expect will show up in DLC."

"Some new vehicle types are on-deck."

So it looks like while the Season Pass DLC will be larger, campaign driven additions, the non-season pass material will be new classes and vehicles.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:44:49 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 23, 2012, 03:17:06 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on September 23, 2012, 02:03:14 PM

I know I wasn't getting credit for shooting them open.  I had to click them open, as you mentioned.

Whenever a quest bugs out on me, I quit and save and come back.  That normally does the trick.  There was another quest around that level that asked me to shoot X# of bandits with a special type of weapon, but there wasn't enough of that type of enemy to satisfy the quest.  I had to reload and come back for that too.

On the Name Game quest, be certain to read the instructions at each step so you don't do like I did and kill all the bullymongs and have to reload to spawn more because I didn't follow instructions.   
CRAP! That's what I was doing -- shooting the darn piles instead of clicking them. Duh.  retard Thanks.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 21, 2012, 09:06:43 PM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 21, 2012, 07:24:51 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 21, 2012, 06:13:15 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up before

Has anybody installed this to their 360 HDD?...i did it this morning but you can hear that it still plays from disc,anyone else have this problem?

I noticed that too when I was playing yesterday. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I play to make sure.

seems fine now,thankfully

Question:I just signed up to Gearbox SHiFT from the in game menu,and then confirmed my account from clicking on the link in an email...however the ingame menu went to a code input screen....but i have not been given a code in the SHiFT pages or email,in fact there is not much to do in that Shift site except to update my profile,see what gaming platforms its for,change my password or delete my account

It does say a Golden Key will be added to my Inventory in the game if i do or don't input a code on that screen,i already have a Golden key from the Pre-order stuff

so not really sure what's going on

I signed up for the Shift thing from the "Extras" menu and it told me to look for an email and then enter the confirmation code. I've received the email but the link for the confirmation code goes to "shift.gearboxsoftware.com" which seems to be completely dead. Is it still that hammered or is something else going on?  icon_neutral

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 24, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Has anybody
Spoiler for Hiden:

Yes.  It was...awkward.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on September 24, 2012, 01:51:44 PM

Has anybody
Spoiler for Hiden:

Yes.  It was...awkward.

Awkward does capture it well...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I wasn't sure what I needed to do so as not to fail the mission, err party, so I jumped up and down a lot. It's kind of how I dance anyway Roll Eyes

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 24, 2012, 02:06:40 PM

Quote from: TK-421 on September 24, 2012, 01:51:44 PM

Has anybody
Spoiler for Hiden:

Yes.  It was...awkward.

Awkward does capture it well...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I wasn't sure what I needed to do so as not to fail the mission, err party, so I jumped up and down a lot. It's kind of how I dance anyway Roll Eyes

Haven't gotten there yet, but I enjoyed

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tiny Tina's tea party

Best NPC so far

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »

Grrr,i am not liking their version of 'Normal' on the missions in the journal,i am level 20 and they have missions for level 17 listed as Normal,but when i get there the enemies and usually the boss all who i have to kill for the mission are a few levels above me,why even put 'level 17' on the mission data?
I am all for a challenge,but at least let me choose the challenging missions...i expect the missions listed with my level next to them are impossible to do(which enemies with skulls next to their name are apparently so,this time around)

Monkey:-I posted pretty much the same problem yesterday and JZ answered,they are going to release SHIFT codes every now and then.

Randy Pitchford released 1 each for each platform on his twitter account yesterday,but only worked for the first 100 entries

so i have been following him hoping he may release some more,he hasn't yet,and no doubt by the time he does release them i will be too late

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic 23h
Win PC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code w/ 100 redemptions, 10 Golden Keys: CTCT3-BJ55X-6J333-33TB3-93FF9

23h Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic 23h
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code w/ 100 redemptions, 10 Golden Keys: CJ53T-KRFHB-T6RJF-W63BJ-3X5WW

23h Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic 23h
PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code w/ 100 redemptions, 10 Golden Keys: CJ53T-KRFCH-W9JKB-Z35BJ-3X5RX

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2012, 08:30:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 24, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Grrr,i am not liking their version of 'Normal' on the missions in the journal,i am level 20 and they have missions for level 17 listed as Normal,but when i get there the enemies and usually the boss all who i have to kill for the mission are a few levels above me,why even put 'level 17' on the mission data?
I am all for a challenge,but at least let me choose the challenging missions...i expect the missions listed with my level next to them are impossible to do(which enemies with skulls next to their name are apparently so,this time around)

Monkey:-I posted pretty much the same problem yesterday and JZ answered,they are going to release SHIFT codes every now and then.

Randy Pitchford released 1 each for each platform on his twitter account yesterday,but only worked for the first 100 entries

so i have been following him hoping he may release some more,he hasn't yet,and no doubt by the time he does release them i will be too late

Yeah, I'm getting my ass kicked on Normal in some areas as well, especially... (don't look unless you're about level twenty or so, since I don't think you'd have reached it before then) ((even if you haven't, I'll only mention the name))
Spoiler for Hiden:
Caustic Caverns. Oh my gosh, I got my butt all sorts of ways chewed on there.

And, dammit, some of us don't live to keep up with Twitter, I hope they plan on send out codes some other way.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 24, 2012, 08:30:43 PM

Yeah, I'm getting my ass kicked on Normal in some areas as well, especially... (don't look unless you're about level twenty or so, since I don't think you'd have reached it before then) ((even if you haven't, I'll only mention the name))
Spoiler for Hiden:

And, dammit, some of us don't live to keep up with Twitter, I hope they plan on send out codes some other way.

Damn it,i should of done that mission first
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Caustic Caverns mission:Perfectly Peaceful is for level 15..and i was attempting a Level 17 mission called Swallowed whole in The Fridge

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »

Hey, apparently there's a reset game bug in BL2. Yikes! Here's from Kotaku:

There is a rather nasty reset bug out there that seems to be hitting certain players of Borderlands 2.

In Borderlands 2, players earn badass tokens for completing certain challenges. Tokens can also be spent on skins and upgrades. As reproduced above by YouTube user RyogaWanderer, players affected by the bug are finding their badass totals reset, while the challenges they have completed remain marked completed—meaning that the players whose totals have dropped can't re-earn those lost tokens. Items and upgrades purchased with badass tokens are also vanishing, without returning the tokens to the players' totals.

Players on the game's forums are reporting that this has happened on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game.

Gearbox community manager Chris Faylor wrote on the forums that Gearbox is looking into a fix. In the meantime, players have suggested a variety of tips for avoiding the bug, which seems to relate to profile save corruption, on 360 and on PS3.

We've asked Gearbox for comment and will update if we hear back.

Here's the link to the Gearbox forum discussion.

Here's a solution mentioned for X360 owners.
Since it's come down to this being a "profile" save corruption, here are some steps I'd recommend for Xbox 360 users to hopefully help prevent the corruption from happening:

-When quitting from playing, press the start button and select "Quit", then yes.
-Let it sit at the main menu for 30 seconds, then hit the red button (B).
-Let it sit at this menu (the one that asks you to press start) for another 30 seconds, then hit your Xbox button to bring up the dashboard and exit to the dashboard.
-Now you can safely turn off your console.

The reason I say to go through these steps is because I believe the console is being shut down while it's saving "profile" data. Perhaps something is going on at the main menu screen when you exit, but it's not evident. This could explain why SHiFT is involved in some cases, as it's updating SHiFT information at the time. I'd safely assume nothing is being written to the "profile save" at the start menu.

NOTE: This is all theory, and you could go through the same steps on PS3 (just using the PS3 lingo / buttons). I can not guarantee this will save your profile without issues, but it's the steps I'm taking each and every time I quit now. In *theory*, you could shut down the console at the "push start" screen, but I believe exiting to the dashboard may be safer.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2012, 04:36:21 AM »

I'm pretty neurotic sometimes  paranoid, so that's how I try to shut down every game! I will continue my practices.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 24, 2012, 08:56:27 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 24, 2012, 08:30:43 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Damn it,i should of done that mission first
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Caustic Caverns mission:Perfectly Peaceful is for level 15..and i was attempting a Level 17 mission called Swallowed whole in The Fridge

Yeah that place was just awful,i made sure to get the three missions i had in my journal for that place done

Spoiler for Hiden:
How great was it when you went full circle and opened up the short cut near to the entrance

Pushing the cart to the crusher mission started off bad,because i would be pushing the cart and stopping everytime enemies appeared and i was dying a lot,instead i decided to just push the cart no matter what enemies appeared to try and at least get the cart nearer to the crusher,it turns out that the 3 different enemies that appeared would fight each other and in some cases completely ignore me

I will have to go back there if there is a mission or not,as apparently there is a challenge to find a secret hut in that area

I have a new Sniper gun now,and i love it,i went to The Fridge and went to the highest location and sniped away,talking about The Fridge,has anybody done Scooters Mission that takes place in that area?
Spoiler for Hiden:
To woo his girlfriend back,with flowers and pizza?

even though this is a spoiler tag,i don't think i will spoil it further for now,i was laughing at it anyway

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

The Caustic Caverns it also where you can find the hidden
Spoiler for Hiden:
Minecraft
level.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 25, 2012, 04:36:21 AM

I'm pretty neurotic sometimes  paranoid, so that's how I try to shut down every game! I will continue my practices.

Same.

Still waiting for a fix on the borked Tannis quest, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 25, 2012, 04:05:19 PM

Same.

Hmm,i am glad i did not know about this,as when attempting it i would of been nervous

looked it up as well,some people going into split screen have been able to clear it,maybe that could work..and its also mentioned what Caine said to your post on page 6,to join a MP game that has not done that mission yet,it seems to also of worked for some people in this page

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/64074750?page=2

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »

Last night I found

Spoiler for Hiden:
Fink's Slaugherhouse

Like the idea, but it bugged on my twice, so I'll wait on a patch.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 25, 2012, 05:58:26 PM

Last night I found

Spoiler for Hiden:
Fink's Slaugherhouse

Like the idea, but it bugged on my twice, so I'll wait on a patch.

Yeah, that bugged on me too a couple of times, very annoying. I wound up leaving to do another mission, then came back and it worked.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 25, 2012, 05:41:27 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 25, 2012, 04:05:19 PM

Same.

Hmm,i am glad i did not know about this,as when attempting it i would of been nervous

looked it up as well,some people going into split screen have been able to clear it,maybe that could work..and its also mentioned what Caine said to your post on page 6,to join a MP game that has not done that mission yet,it seems to also of worked for some people in this page

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/64074750?page=2

I'm not replaying multiple hours to fix this, and the odds of finding someone just about to start that quest seem pretty slim.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2012, 08:20:28 PM »

Yeah I can't worry about this, it will take the fun outta this! Hope it doesn't happen and I guess if it did, deal with it til they patch it... Does kinda suck though.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »

I haven't posted my impressions, I'm too busy playing but I just wanted to say that the game is awesome.  Love the voice acting and the humour.  I could give some specific examples but it would be spoilerish so just go play the game slywink
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »

I'm really enjoying it as well. Although I don't like parts of the 3D interface of the backpack menu, the new "favorite" and "trash" attribute flags are a real time-saver. I'm very geeky about upgrading my weapons, so whenever either in the field or back in Sanctuary I'll be moving weapons around in the slots and using the Compare function to determine which I prefer. I've maxed out my backpack which is rather inconvenient since I'm trying to have a plain version plus one of each of the Elementals for each weapon type. Plus shields, grenade mods, class mods and relics. Yeah, not enough room icon_frown.

I haven't experimented enough with the slag weapons to see if these are a better solution. The Borderlands wiki has this to say:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Slag is a new elemental effect in Borderlands 2. Enemies damaged by a slag weapon will be coated in slag and weakened. Enemies coated in slag will take additional damage from all subsequent attacks, except other slag weapons, which will have a damage penalty.

Now if I understand that correctly, once I slag an enemy, I need to swap to another (non-slag) weapon if I want the bonus. Tricky...
Comments?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 25, 2012, 09:49:04 PM

I'm really enjoying it as well. Although I don't like parts of the 3D interface of the backpack menu, the new "favorite" and "trash" attribute flags are a real time-saver. I'm very geeky about upgrading my weapons, so whenever either in the field or back in Sanctuary I'll be moving weapons around in the slots and using the Compare function to determine which I prefer. I've maxed out my backpack which is rather inconvenient since I'm trying to have a plain version plus one of each of the Elementals for each weapon type. Plus shields, grenade mods, class mods and relics. Yeah, not enough room icon_frown.

I haven't experimented enough with the slag weapons to see if these are a better solution. The Borderlands wiki has this to say:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Slag is a new elemental effect in Borderlands 2. Enemies damaged by a slag weapon will be coated in slag and weakened. Enemies coated in slag will take additional damage from all subsequent attacks, except other slag weapons, which will have a damage penalty.

Now if I understand that correctly, once I slag an enemy, I need to swap to another (non-slag) weapon if I want the bonus. Tricky...
Comments?

No i hardly use them,usually i just shoot at a slag barrel
Spoiler for Hiden:
There are points in the story where other people slag for you

I feel as though the story is coming to a close now,last night i ....
Spoiler for Hiden:
got the old gang together and then made it to Opportunity

I have done something like 60 side missions..i know i passed the 50 side mission challenge a while ago

also
has anybody met
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Rakkman yet,really cool...you find him in The Rakkcave in The Fridge

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »

Regarding slag, I imagine it's more useful in co-op or if you are a Gunzerker.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »

Okay since I've been playing multiple chars with multiple people, and I love me some side quests I'm now only getting to this part..

Spoiler for Hiden:
  Im trying to save Roland and holy shit are they throwing enemies at me! Difficult enemies at me.     

This game is keeping my attention like no other right now!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: