http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 09:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/PS3] Borderlands 2  (Read 29015 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »

Borderlands 2 will be 50-60% bigger than Borderlands 1

the words i'm looking for is Ho lee sheet

Evolution in technology has allowed Borderlands 2 to swell to about a "50-60%" larger game than the original, says Gearbox VP Steve Gibson.

Speaking in the latest issue of Games Master, Gibson said the scale of some of the sequel's cities simply wouldn't have been possible to include in the first Borderlands.
"I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 50-60% bigger [than Borderlands 1]," he told GM. "But it's also so much denser. Heck, just the city of Sanctuary, something like that couldn't exist in the first game. Our technology has evolved a lot to enable us to do that now."

Despite impressive sales of the original Borderlands, the Gearbox VP said players don't have to have played the original to enjoy the sequel.

"A decision that was made at the very beginning of the game was that at no point at any time could someone in the story or design team ever assume that some person has played Borderlands 1. You just start it from scratch.

"There are cute winks at different things. For example, we have this thing where if you played the first one we detect your saved game and you get some cool unlocks."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

hope they made it easier to get around then. the car was ok, but still took a while.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on August 08, 2012, 09:57:46 AM

hope they made it easier to get around then. the car was ok, but still took a while.

There is a big monorail service that carries you across all the new worlds and lands,getting on or off at various stations situated in each area

nah,i made that up....sounded good though didn't it? Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

looking over the fall's releases has made me rethink BL2 being an immediate purchase.  now I'm kinda tempted to wait a year for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 08, 2012, 11:26:10 PM

looking over the fall's releases has made me rethink BL2 being an immediate purchase.  now I'm kinda tempted to wait a year for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC.

steam sale will be 1.75, just buy it then that's what i did.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

My brother-in-law recently moved to Arizona with his entire Xbox 360 game collection, providing me access to titles I may have missed or didn't feel were worthy of a full-price purchase, and he has a copy of the original Borderlands.  Is the SP worthy of a playthrough and likely to motivate interest in the sequel?  I just started Red Dead Redemption and am enjoying it more than I had anticipated, but I keep wondering about Borderlands.  

I also have a Steam copy courtesy of Purge as well.   The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:35:00 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 09, 2012, 03:14:00 PM

My brother-in-law recently moved to Arizona with his entire Xbox 360 game collection, providing me access to titles I may have missed or didn't feel were worthy of a full-price purchase, and he has a copy of the original Borderlands.  Is the SP worthy of a playthrough and likely to motivate interest in the sequel?  I just started Red Dead Redemption and am enjoying it more than I had anticipated, but I keep wondering about Borderlands. 

I played Borderlands when it was first released,finished it and traded it...i liked it,but at the time a lot was out

Then later Borderlands GOTY edition was released and i bought that and played Co-Op with Myto,and its pretty much in my top 5 of this gen(well no lower than top 10),its a great game...i think it was more the Co-Op than the added DLC that made me love the game more second time around

(not that the DLC was not great)

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

Is the SP worthy of a playthrough and likely to motivate interest in the sequel?

Yes and probably yes. The SP is a lot of fun if you like open world gaming and lots and lots (and lots) of guns. And I'm getting Borderlands 2 based on the fun I had with it the first game.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:44 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on August 09, 2012, 08:09:08 PM

Is the SP worthy of a playthrough and likely to motivate interest in the sequel?

Yes and probably yes. The SP is a lot of fun if you like open world gaming and lots and lots (and lots) of guns. And I'm getting Borderlands 2 based on the fun I had with it the first game.

Agreed.  I didn't play co-op at all and I still had a great time with the first one and am definitely getting the second.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2012, 03:54:12 AM »

Pete, you can probably find some people to play through the first one with you even now  ninja
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »

I started a Lillith on PC today to get ready for B2 (never played the DLC) if anyone wants to play some.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »

I can't play the first one on PC much, I get motion sickness and the FOV solutions all suck ass.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »

looks like there is to be an enemy who is bigger,meaner and harder than Crawmerax from the first game

details on Terramorphous the Invincible,end game and new game +(True Vault Hunter Mode) and infinite levelling up(Badass system)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-why-gearbox-created-a-borderlands-2-boss-so-tough-its-nearly-invincible

EDIT:okay they have just added this article as well about that Mechromancer that comes out about 60 days after launch that was mentioned in one of the above posts
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-borderlands-2-gearbox-reveals-the-mechromancers-girlfriend-mode

EDIT 2: Gearbox are getting some stick in the comments section of that latter link and I have noticed it as well as on Twitter about dubbing the 'Best Friends Forever' mode as the 'Girlfriend mode' where you can get by with not being able to aim

"The design team was looking at the concept art and thought, you know what, this is actually the cutest character we've ever had. I want to make, for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree. This is, I love Borderlands and I want to share it with someone, but they suck at first-person shooters. Can we make a skill tree that actually allows them to understand the game and to play the game? That's what our attempt with the Best Friends Forever skill tree is."

One of the first skills available in the BFF tree is called Close Enough. This means your bullets that hit walls or other objects, that is, miss their target, have a chance to ricochet off towards the enemy.

"Can't aim? That's not a problem," Hemingway said.

FWIW-I played with Myto on Borderlands 1,okay she is not my Girlfriend* but she got me out of a lot of shit many a time

*You could use the Big Bang Theory's Sheldon explanation...She's a girl and she's my friend Tongue
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:36:16 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

yup,this is really kicking off now....i am quite full with all the popcorn i have eaten this Monday morning

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/girlfriend-mode-a-storm-s-coming-and-it-s-heading-gearbox-s-way/0101160

Updates
UPDATE 1: Gearbox's Randy Pitchford has taken to Twitter to defend his studio:
Randy Pitchford@DuvalMagic
Borderlands 2 does NOT have a girlfriend mode. Anyone that says otherwise is misinformed or trying to stir up something that isn't there.

The future DLC Mechromancer class has a skill tree that makes it easier for less skilled coop partners (any gender!) to play and be useful.
Ashley Jenkins@jinxcellent
@DuvalMagic @davidwildgoose I don't think people (myself) are complaining about the skill tree itself, so much as its in-studio nickname.

@jinxcellent I didn't know it was a nickname. It's not even a thing - just a skill built from the idea of playing coop with noob friends.
It's not a thing. Just sensationalism. There's a TBD skill for a future DLC char that is helpful for noob coop buddies. That's a good idea!

Update 2:Eurogamer pitch in now with a reply to the above tweet icon_lol

Wesley Yin-Poole@wyp100
@DuvalMagic completely reject the accusation of sensationalism. It is a direct quote from the lead designer who said it to a roomful of us.

The future DLC Mechromancer class has a skill tree that makes it easier for less skilled coop partners (any gender!) to play and be useful.

Wesley Yin-Poole@wyp100
@DuvalMagic that's how it was referenced by Gearbox staff a number of times two weeks ago during the studio visit. The quotes are accurate.

I take it Gearbox may talk less to Eurogamer for a few months

Some people are refusing to buy the game now(or so they say)....balls to that,they would have to start WW3 and sleep with dead animals for me to think about not buying it,sure i guess people are offended,but some people are so easily offended these days,even if Gearbox apologised(which i can see coming) some people still wouldn't let it go
Oh well,it's certainly brightened up my Monday morning anyway
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:58:34 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »

"Girlfriend Mode" seems to be an internal thing.  The mistake was using an internal name in front of reporters.  Someone will be fired for that mistake.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

I think it's pretty funny, actually. Not if you're a girl gamer, - that is where the firing comes in.  icon_eek

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

This was definitely a snafu on Gearbox for using that name with them, but Eurogamer is always looking for ways to be an ass imo.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »

360a.org

Three trailers advertising weapon brands Maliwan,Tediore and Vladof that feature in the game

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 05:52:18 PM »

Pre-ordered today, although I didn't get the bobble head version  slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

Yeah i need to get this Pre-Ordered

I sent this to Myto yesterday(well a GAME equivalent that have the same pre-order rewards)..although GAME you also get Moxxi's Rocket Launcher as well(EDIT: sorry my bad its the same thing that GameStop have the 'Creature Slaughter Dome' that includes Moxxi's Rocket Launcher-see below)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:11:47 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »

Claptrap's Joy of Painting

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 18, 2012, 09:49:51 AM

I love claptrap, but there was absolutely zero humor in that video.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on August 19, 2012, 02:18:24 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 18, 2012, 09:49:51 AM

I love claptrap, but there was absolutely zero humor in that video.

Wow, even for something that was supposed to be juvenile and stupid, that was embarrassing.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »

Official Ratings Description

This is a first-person shooter in which players join rebel forces to take down an oppressive corporation on the fictional planet of Pandora. As players explore open-world environments, they complete missions to gain experience and increase their characters' skills/abilities. Players use machine guns, sniper rifles, flamethrowers, explosives, and weaponized vehicles to kill human-like characters and hostile aliens in frequent combat. Firefights contain realistic gunfire/explosions; injured enemies scream and emit exaggerated splashes of blood. Various weapons result in dismembered limbs or bloody gibs. Some missions depict intense acts of violence: viewing characters getting electrocuted; shooting a man in the face; killing players' incinerating a cult member as part of a ritual sacrifice. The dialogue contains jokes/one-liners that reference sexual material (e.g., "I will hang myself from my own tombstone if in you I can't put my bone," "If there's anything they love more than getting to second base with their sisters, it's cars," "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."); during some sequences, players can find and collect adult-themed magazines-though no actual nudity is depicted. One mission requires players to consume three alcoholic beverages from a bar before they can progress. The words "sh*t," "p*ssies," and "a*shole" can be heard in the dialogue, in addition to language censored by audible bleeps (e.g., "God-[bleep]-ing-dammit").

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on August 19, 2012, 08:26:44 AM

Wow, even for something that was supposed to be juvenile and stupid, that was embarrassing.

I was really hoping to see claptrap with a huge afro, talking about the happy little skag that lives in this dead tree...

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on August 19, 2012, 04:53:10 PM

Quote from: EddieA on August 19, 2012, 08:26:44 AM

I was really hoping to see claptrap with a huge afro, talking about the happy little skag that lives in this dead tree...

Same here.  I was sadly disappointed.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

I just finished up the "Claptrap Revolution" DLC for the original game. The story was a bit thin (of course) but the action was fun. The level design was excellent as well, making exploring interesting for it's own sake, never mind all the loot. I'm looking forward to more in Borderlands 2.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on August 19, 2012, 08:45:41 PM

I just finished up the "Claptrap Revolution" DLC for the original game. The story was a bit thin (of course) but the action was fun. The level design was excellent as well, making exploring interesting for it's own sake, never mind all the loot. I'm looking forward to more in Borderlands 2.

I have just started that DLC tonight,and currently trying to farm the drops for the achievements..i forgot how long it took me and myto last time..days at least!!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »

how about some Old Skool Borderlands to pass the time?

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2012, 07:06:35 PM

how about some Old Skool Borderlands to pass the time?

I always thought that game was a bit of a Robotron ripoff.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »

Pre-Order the game from a UK Independent Store and you get Borderlands Top Trump deck of cards
(How cool is that!!!)
Eurogamer

Independent UK game shops will offer Borderlands 2 Top Trumps decks to those who pre-order the game, publisher 2K Games has announced.

The Borderlands 2 'Guns Guns Guns' deck will never be found on sale anywhere else, and is limited to just 5000 packs.
There's already a number of Borderlands 2 Collector's Editions and pre-order incentives. But for once it seems like locally-run shops will share some of the glory.

"Only 5000 packs of cards will be distributed across the country and will be available on a first-come-first served basis to those who pre-order Borderlands 2," 2K's UK PR manager Ben Lawrence said.
"Once they're gone, they're gone so I'd encourage people to check with their local Indie store to see if they're stocking the cards."

Borderlands 2 launches in the UK in a matter of weeks.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:35:12 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:09 AM »

This just in from Kotaku... 'Season Pass’ Gets You All of Borderlands 2’s DLC. Probably not a surprise. Who's going to pony up $30 USD ahead of time to lock in all the DLC? And how much will is cost otherwise?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2012, 07:21:36 AM »

Bah,i can only just afford the game icon_cry

Although $30(£18) is better than $50(£30) i paid for MW3...although that had a lot more DLC

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »

I'm sure it will be nice and cheap while I wait on the deep discount on the GOTY version from Steam in a couple years.  Tongue

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 30, 2012, 02:17:09 PM

I'm sure it will be nice and cheap while I wait on the deep discount on the GOTY version from Steam in a couple years.  Tongue

Borderlands GOTY was out just under a year after the game came out, so I am probably subscribing to your plan.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »

In case someone hasn't seen the front page of Gaming Trend today, they are carrying the newest video from the Gearbox folks, "Sir Hammerlock’s Guide to Borderlands 2", an almost seven minute introduction to the new Pandora and a lot about the new enemies, weapons, relics and a whole bunch more. Frankly I'm almost tempted to pick up the limited edition strategy guide just to keep all of it straight. Really looking forward to this game.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2012, 07:18:55 PM »

Bah no Roland,guess my character will have to be that Axton guy  icon_frown

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 31, 2012, 07:18:55 PM

Bah no Roland,guess my character will have to be that Axton guy  icon_frown

I'm probably going for Axton as well on the first play through, since it's the "bazillions of guns" that a draw for me.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »

More Details on The Mechromancer

some we knew,some we didn't

-October 16th release
-Free for those who pre-order $10 for those who do not
-Stack Abilities

So buy the game on September 18th/21st,start it 3-4 weeks later Tongue

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »

Stack abilities? They say it like 6 times without saying what the hell it is/means.

I'll be doing two separate plays initially, one in a group of 2 and one in a group of 3. After watching the hour long video the other day, I may go with Axton in the larger group just for the shielded turret. For the duo, I want to try Maya, but I love to snipe things, so may go with Zero. And heck, who wouldn't want to be a gunzerker? ahhhhh, decisions!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: