http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:47:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/PS3] Borderlands 2  (Read 28955 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2012, 08:52:17 PM

Lucky I bought both Xbox and pc. I'm having the steam launcher issue, so the xbox copy has my full attention. The graphics disparity isn't as huge between xbox and pc this time around  thumbsup

I knew this was going to happen.  I should have bet Hark money.   Anyhow, let me know if you ever get back on the PC, my Siren could use some company.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 19, 2012, 02:11:49 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2012, 02:46:55 AM

I went back to complete a bonus mission before I moved on to Sanctuary and it must have run me almost an hour icon_eek. I won't spoil it, but I was pleased on how really well the layout was designed. What I wasn't so thrilled about was the apparent constant spawning enemies till I had killed the boss which then seemed to keep spawning for a while afterwards. Maybe I missed something in the mission. Anyway...

Can you fast travel back there once you get to Sanctuary?  I want to do the couple of side missions I still have in the area, but figured I could just warp back there once I got to Sanctuary.  Hopefully that is true.  If not then frown.

Yup, you can fast travel from Sanctuary to the places you have been, including your starting location and Southern Shelf.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »

Ran into a bug yesterday - playing the Siren, I wanted to complete the fur-for-his-hat mission, and neither the trapper nor claptrap are around.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 19, 2012, 03:38:33 PM

Ran into a bug yesterday - playing the Siren, I wanted to complete the fur-for-his-hat mission, and neither the trapper nor claptrap are around.
Have they moved on to Sanctuary?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »

I hope they fix the gore bug that some of us have.  I know there's a gore filter option (mine is disabled).  There's plenty of red koolaid flying around, but none of the death animations from Borderlands 1.  I'm guessing what I'm experiencing could be a bugged gore filter.

So far I'm liking the scorpion turret.  Unlike other games where turrets are a small boost of damage, this one actually kills things on its own.   

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »

On other forums, folks are stating that Gearbox had to tone down the gore due to international censors.  So no decapitations or burst eyeballs in this one, it seems.

edit: just saw another post stating that physx on low tones down the gore due to flying particles being mostly disabled.  Try moving to medium or high and see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:18:34 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »

Potentially dumb question... If I have two weapons with roughly equal stats, but one is an fire and one is just plain, is there any reason to prefer the plain over the fire? I'm thinking the fire is a bonus, so otherwise it's comparing apples to apples. Is this true?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2012, 05:34:27 PM

Potentially dumb question... If I have two weapons with roughly equal stats, but one is an fire and one is just plain, is there any reason to prefer the plain over the fire? I'm thinking the fire is a bonus, so otherwise it's comparing apples to apples. Is this true?

If they have roughly equal stats, and one gun also has fire damage, take the fire damage gun.  If the damage would be roughly equal when taking into consideration the fire damage it's a tougher call as fire is more effective against certain enemies but some resist it as well, it's that way with all the elemental damages, kind of.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »

I've also found that while some weapons may do more damage, it's best for me to stick with the gun that feels the best.  I know that's not the most scientific approach.  I found a scoped pistol that did less damage than some of the other weapons I found last night, but it just clicked better with me.  It has really high accuracy, a very small amount of recoil, and some good umph in each shot.  I am a sucker for elemental weapons though, watching the elemental damage numbers continuing to burn down baddies after they've been shot.  They will often times die after they've ducked behind cover, which is awesome.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on September 19, 2012, 03:47:01 PM

Correct - it's not a bug, you can turn it in in Sanctuary.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »

playing the Siren, I wanted to complete the fur-for-his-hat mission, and neither the trapper nor claptrap are around.

was kinda annoyed at this mission, as there were clearly enough fur donors to make them both happy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2012, 07:27:38 PM

playing the Siren, I wanted to complete the fur-for-his-hat mission, and neither the trapper nor claptrap are around.

was kinda annoyed at this mission, as there were clearly enough fur donors to make them both happy.
I turned the fur into Claptrap, and was rewarded richly.  Speaking of Claptrap, the line about him integrating with the elevator on the shield quest was hilarious. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 19, 2012, 07:24:17 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on September 19, 2012, 03:47:01 PM

Correct - it's not a bug, you can turn it in in Sanctuary.

Thing is, the quest indicator keeps sending you to the southern shelf, where they originally were.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2012, 07:27:38 PM

Same here, I wanted BOTH rewards!!! nod
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2012, 02:19:59 AM »

I miss those moments when a critical shot decaps something, but I could have sworn seeing limbs come off.  Could be the lack of sleep and the last weeks worth of playing the first one though.  I need to spend some time tweaking the graphics settings as the overall look is a bit too grainy.  Spent some time playing mp last night with a lower level friend but I still ran across some small differences in enemies.  At one point, we ran across a named dude fighting the bullymongs (or bonerfarts if you will) who was killing them just as easily as we were.  Didn't drop any specials though.  

I have been tempted to hook up the controller a few times as the keys are not in the easiest configuration to remember in the heat of battle.  the other changes they've made to the skill system and SDU upgrades I'm not sure I like as much, but I think it will be easier to adapt in the end game vs being tied to a specific weapon type or two.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2012, 03:20:28 AM »

Quote from: Purge on September 18, 2012, 04:48:56 AM

FYI: GMG still has 20% off it, and this code works for another 20%:

GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

site is slloooooww though.

They give you a Steam code, so it's still the same thing. biggrin

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-na/

Hey, man, thanks a lot for posting this.  Helped me get under budget for september!

HF

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2012, 03:57:34 AM »

Interestingly enough, the only weapon-based class mods I have seen for the siren so far are SMG, just like the original. I'm only lvl 13 though.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2012, 05:01:33 AM »

There is an apparent bug (at least in the 360 version) with the mission "Lighting the Match". A waypoint for the mission seems out of place. See spoiler below if you are stuck (I was):

Spoiler for Hiden:
The waypoint is supposed to indicate where to take Matchstick to hook him to a hoist at the "Dragon's Mouth". Trouble is, the waypoint appears to be at the wrong location, on a small patio overlooking the water. Where you want to go is all the way to the top deck of the ship above you. It's the same place you went to unlock Claptrap's boat, except it's in the bow of the ship, rather than the stern. It's a head scratcher, but maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's just a puzzle.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:42 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 20, 2012, 05:01:33 AM

There is an apparent bug (at least in the 360 version) with the mission "Lighting the Match". A waypoint for the mission seems out of place. See spoiler below if you are stuck (I was):

Spoiler for Hiden:
The waypoint is supposed to indicate where to take Matchstick to hook him to a hoist at the "Dragon's Mouth". Trouble is, the waypoint appears to be at the wrong location, on a small patio overlooking the water. Where you want to go is all the way to the top deck of the ship above you. It's the same place you went to unlock Claptrap's boat, except it's in the bow of the ship, rather than the stern. It's a head scratcher, but maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's just a puzzle.

JZ, if you look closely at the marker on the map you'll see an up arrow in the middle of it. I thought the same thing when I got there.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2012, 05:34:27 PM

Generally, the fire one will do more damage (have to look at the elemental bonus and not just the base damage). However, in my limited playing time it seems as if most elemental weapons use twice as much ammo as the regular ones. And ammo definitely seems to be at a premium in this game.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 20, 2012, 05:39:42 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

JZ, if you look closely at the marker on the map you'll see an up arrow in the middle of it. I thought the same thing when I got there.

Yup, I saw the arrow too and then spent the next several minutes trying to climb on to the roof of the little building! Roll Eyes Turns out if you jump just right you can fall all the way down to the sea. Did that too. eek

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »

Regarding ammo use - keep in mind that a lot of the weapons use more ammo if you are using sights (they go into burst mode).

Regarding elemental weapons, the game brings the types much more into play than the original. First of all, you actually get a tutorial on the different weapon types, which I really appreciated! I have already encountered mobs that have resistance to certain elementals (you see a big "resist" pop off them when you shoot). I don't think in my entire Borderlands 1 campaign I ever ran into any kind of elemental resistance.

The fact that blood flows down hills is pretty impressive smile

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 20, 2012, 01:11:26 PM

(you see a big "resist" pop off them when you shoot).

I really like that, it's a big help. Also, did BL1 show armor of enemies as a yellow bar, like in BL2 now? I don't think they did.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 20, 2012, 12:54:56 PM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 20, 2012, 05:39:42 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yup, I saw the arrow too and then spent the next several minutes trying to climb on to the roof of the little building! Roll Eyes Turns out if you jump just right you can fall all the way down to the sea. Did that too. eek

FIgured that out... what I haven't figured out is how to get to the enkindling place at the end....
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on September 20, 2012, 02:50:20 PM

FIgured that out... what I haven't figured out is how to get to the enkindling place at the end....

Spoiler for Hiden:
That is a very, very long walk. You head west and south from the burning man, then curve to the east and actually cross the bridge over the path that you took heading south. It's very convoluted. You cannot take what appears to be the short way to the place because it's blocked by ice.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »

"Hello, I'm jztemple2 and I'm a hoader."

"Hello jztemple2."

"I hoard things. I pick up every little thing I see and keep them in my backpack. When it's full I spend hours agonizing over what to keep and what to drop. Then I go home and agonize over whether to buy more space in my backpack or upgrade to carry more ammo."

"Ammo?"

"Yeah, you know, bullets, shells, grenades... stuff I might need at any time"

"Are you carrying that kind of stuff... now?"

"Of course! What to see?"

<room quickly empties>

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »

Well, crap.  I hit the Do No Harm glitch (make sure you see the Tannis intro cutscene before you hand in an Eridium shard to her to avoid it).

Looks like I'm done playing until a patch comes out.

Momentum killed.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »

I wonder if you can join another game at the same point to get past it.  I had the special weapon glitch from the Medic mission.  (not sure what the name is) where you are supposed to search his body after he dies.  I never got a prompt.  Luckily, when I went back through in mp, it showed up. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »

I've had one irritation with the save points. I was part way through a long story mission and had to leave, so I waited till I got to one of the save gizmos, then did a save & quit. When I loaded my Continue later on it took me back quite a ways in the mission, so I had to repeat about fifteen minutes. To avoid this happening again while I'm having dinner I've left my 360 on, which probably isn't good for it, but whatever.

Otherwise however I'm really liking the new changes in the game. I like the way you can tag what you're carrying with Favorite or Trash markers, that really helps. And I think the way they have integrated the Eridium system into the game works pretty well.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »

I agree there is few things I could nitpick at. That being said I'm going on my 4th hr tonight and it is just freaking awesome. I liked the first one with friends.. This is phenomenal playing solo, and even better with friends. Is there anywhere to check your ingame time? Maybe it's better not to look...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »

my local GAME shop are doing a 'Trade in 2 titles and get Borderlands 2 for 99p' deal,the list has a lot of older games which means Skyrim and Silent Hill HD Collection are going bye bye

EDIT: Landed on my feet there,i got all the Pre-Order stuff as well as the GAME(and Gamestop in Yankland)exclusive Arena thing  thumbsup

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:12:16 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 20, 2012, 10:52:05 PM

I've had one irritation with the save points. I was part way through a long story mission and had to leave, so I waited till I got to one of the save gizmos, then did a save & quit. When I loaded my Continue later on it took me back quite a ways in the mission, so I had to repeat about fifteen minutes. To avoid this happening again while I'm having dinner I've left my 360 on, which probably isn't good for it, but whatever.

Otherwise however I'm really liking the new changes in the game. I like the way you can tag what you're carrying with Favorite or Trash markers, that really helps. And I think the way they have integrated the Eridium system into the game works pretty well.

That's exactly how it worked in B1. If you exit out completely, you will respawn at the entrance to the area. You can use it to your advantage if you've finished a mission and want to get back to town quickly. The save points you are talking about just prevent you from having to trek as far when you are killed.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »

Sorry if this has been brought up before

Has anybody installed this to their 360 HDD?...i did it this morning but you can hear that it still plays from disc,anyone else have this problem?

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 21, 2012, 04:47:27 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 20, 2012, 10:52:05 PM

That's exactly how it worked in B1. If you exit out completely, you will respawn at the entrance to the area. You can use it to your advantage if you've finished a mission and want to get back to town quickly. The save points you are talking about just prevent you from having to trek as far when you are killed.

Hmm, maybe I was taking fewer breaks in BL1 slywink

Has anybody installed this to their 360 HDD?...i did it this morning but you can hear that it still plays from disc,anyone else have this problem?

I installed to HD and except for a little disk running when I first start, the DVD drive is quiet.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 21, 2012, 06:14:50 PM

I installed to HD and except for a little disk running when I first start, the DVD drive is quiet.

Thanks j,that was what i was expecting mine to do....perhaps i should delete from HDD and try re-installing it

EDIT: saw this on Facebook
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:29:00 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »

I may be hearing things, but I swear every now and then I hear a clicking sound like you'd hear from the motion tracker from Aliens.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 21, 2012, 06:34:55 PM

I may be hearing things, but I swear every now and then I hear a clicking sound like you'd hear from the motion tracker from Aliens.....
That's not the game ninja
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2012, 07:24:51 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 21, 2012, 06:13:15 PM

I noticed that too when I was playing yesterday. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I play to make sure.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 21, 2012, 07:24:51 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 21, 2012, 06:13:15 PM

I noticed that too when I was playing yesterday. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I play to make sure.

seems fine now,thankfully

Question:I just signed up to Gearbox SHiFT from the in game menu,and then confirmed my account from clicking on the link in an email...however the ingame menu went to a code input screen....but i have not been given a code in the SHiFT pages or email,in fact there is not much to do in that Shift site except to update my profile,see what gaming platforms its for,change my password or delete my account

It does say a Golden Key will be added to my Inventory in the game if i do or don't input a code on that screen,i already have a Golden key from the Pre-order stuff

so not really sure what's going on

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 21, 2012, 09:06:43 PM

Question:I just signed up to Gearbox SHiFT from the in game menu,and then confirmed my account from clicking on the link in an email...however the ingame menu went to a code input screen....but i have not been given a code in the SHiFT pages or email,in fact there is not much to do in that Shift site except to update my profile,see what gaming platforms its for,change my password or delete my account

It does say a Golden Key will be added to my Inventory in the game if i do or don't input a code on that screen,i already have a Golden key from the Pre-order stuff

so not really sure what's going on

That's the same thing that happened to me. I did get my Golden Key for signing up, which is my second one since I got one through Gamestop. You'll see your Golden Key count when you get access to the special loot chest in
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sanctuary
Apparently sometime in the future Gearbox will send out codes for subscribers, but so far I haven't gotten anything.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: