http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 07:54:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boiling Point: Road to Hell - Any Impressions?  (Read 1118 times)
NoMeansNo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2005, 03:29:52 AM »

One thing that really had me enjoying Farcry was the amount of 'openness' in terms of achieving goals and exploring.....I'm hearing Boiling Point takes it to another level.

Anyone know anythign about this?  Had a chance to play it (came out on 5.24, supposedly)?  I'm really interested in looking into this one.

NMN
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:31:43 AM »

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 03:39:50 AM »

What is the point of doing this in the last three threads on the new posts page? Trying to piss people off for no reason?
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 03:48:42 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
What is the point of doing this in the last three threads on the new posts page? Trying to piss people off for no reason?

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 06:44:01 AM »

There's an impressions thread here on the OO forum that might help, including a link to Eurogamer's review ;

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11701

The game sounds very interesting to me, and I'm tempted to pick it up. But Atari are infamous for never actually fixing broken games, and it sounds like it could be another Dungeon Lords to me. I really don't know. I'll probably pick it up on budget, as it really sounds like my type of game.

Edited to add Welcome to Console Gold.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:30:32 PM »

While the game does sound like it has every feature i would ever have wanted in an rpg (well, i would have preferred a post-apocalypse setting, but nothing is perfect), the reports of the game being majorly bugged are most troubling.

I think I, like others, will be waiting for patches to come out, and if not, I can always go back to kotor2 or something heh
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 02:32:30 PM »

I see that as of this morning, EB has switched their date to 5/30, and Gametsop has changed theirs to 5/26. Can anyone confirm North America Release?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 09:37:56 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
I see that as of this morning, EB has switched their date to 5/30, and Gametsop has changed theirs to 5/26. Can anyone confirm North America Release?

I stopped by Gamestop today to check on my pre-order and they said ti should be tomorrow.  I swear, if this turns into the week and a half debacle I had with Dungeon Lords I'm never pre-ordering a PC game through them again.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: