http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:56:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Dragon Getting Some Poor Reviews  (Read 20070 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »

Ok apologize for my post above when I thought you guys were clueless-it was me that was clueless! MS pulled the wool over our eyes by releasing a demo that had hard as an option and stating that it would be an option in the US release (And saying that the dl content would be available up on release). GG Microsoft!! Either way, it is only available if you get a HK account right now, dl it, and then sign out and go back to your US account. Took me 10 minutes, was very simple, and lo and behold you can start new games in normal, hard, and impossible.

This is so easy do not let it stop you from getting the game-it took 10 mins. Not going to start playing for a little while yet, obsessed with this challenge in Tiger smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2007, 12:34:20 AM »

as i am half way through the game i will wait and hope it appears on our shores....the shuffle dungeon is 400points so i wont be able to download that from a foriegn account anyhow

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2007, 12:35:36 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 30, 2007, 12:34:20 AM

as i am half way through the game i will wait and hope it appears on our shores....the shuffle dungeon is 400points so i wont be able to download that from a foriegn account anyhow
Halfway? Jesus you are the most dedicated gamer ever smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2007, 12:41:11 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2007, 12:35:36 AM

Halfway? Jesus you are the most dedicated gamer ever smile

nope...unemployed,LOL

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »

So, care to give us the short, short version at making a HK account? I think I have the directions around here somewhere, but...well, I'm lazy. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2007, 12:52:14 AM »

I was able to buy the dungeon and item pack with a redeem code.  The dungeon description says 30 new items, 10 new bosses, but I need to be at least level 50! So I guess I won't be able to try out the new content in a while. 

I hope people disappointed with the easy difficulty downloads the Hong Kong content. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 30, 2007, 12:52:14 AM

I was able to buy the dungeon and item pack with a redeem code.  The dungeon description says 30 new items, 10 new bosses, but I need to be at least level 50! So I guess I won't be able to try out the new content in a while. 

I hope people disappointed with the easy difficulty downloads the Hong Kong content. 
So you definitely recommend experienced RPGers play on hard right? havent started yet.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2007, 12:59:08 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2007, 12:53:27 AM

So you definitely recommend experienced RPGers play on hard right? havent started yet.

Yes, in my opinion experienced RPGer's start on hard.  Especially in my case where I'm used to Persona 3 type difficulty. 

Oh and to sign up a Hong Kong account:

Sign out of current account

Select Join Xbox Live

Enter new gamertag, select new region (HONG KONG!)

going to need to input another email address, fake home address, fake phone number etc etc...

after all that just go to the games download section tab in the Hong Kong account, Find blue dragon, download the difficulty pack

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 30, 2007, 12:59:08 AM

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2007, 12:53:27 AM

Yes, in my opinion experienced RPGer's start on hard.  Especially in my case where I'm used to Persona 3 type difficulty. 

Oh and to sign up a Hong Kong account:

Sign out of current account

Select Join Xbox Live

Enter new gamertag, select new region (HONG KONG!)

going to need to input another email address, fake home address, fake phone number etc etc...

after all that just go to the games download section tab in the Hong Kong account, Find blue dragon, download the difficulty pack

Whoops as usual:btw, any US address and phone will work, as long as you fill in all 3 address fields! Super easy!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:16:59 AM by Calvin » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2007, 01:29:16 AM »

was you trying to say something there Cal?,LOL..EDIT:OH,i see it...lol

i have been looking on the net for a hong kong address...all the ones i find dont have post codes/zip codes....is that normal?

man,i already live in new york for my American 2nd XBL account,California 2nd PSN account...and england of course for my original accounts...and now its gonna be Hong Kong........uncle travelling matt from fraggle rock anyone?

EDIT:i have made the account and downloaded the hard mode...works fine Tongue...i will use it for the new game+ when i have finished going through with this game
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:17:44 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2007, 02:17:20 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 30, 2007, 01:29:16 AM

was you trying to say something there Cal?,LOL..EDIT:OH,i see it...lol

i have been looking on the net for a hong kong address...all the ones i find dont have post codes/zip codes....is that normal?

man,i already live in new york for my American 2nd XBL account,California 2nd PSN account...and england of course for my original accounts...and now its gonna be Hong Kong........uncle travelling matt from fraggle rock anyone?

Just make something up, it will work!!  icon_eek
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »

lol,you posted same time as i edited it

everything is cool

anyone know if Hong Kong has any other cool free stuff?

Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2007, 02:38:36 AM »

Gamespot review:  Ouch.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2007, 02:54:07 AM »

Quote from: Interloper on August 30, 2007, 02:38:36 AM

Maybe I should play Wild Arms 5 first (once I finish Metroid anyway)...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2007, 03:01:32 AM »

Ehh..saying the same thing everyone else is playing. Literally, slap Dragon Quest on the game, and their score would have been 2 points higher. I really believe that.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2007, 03:22:04 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2007, 03:01:32 AM

Ehh..saying the same thing everyone else is playing. Literally, slap Dragon Quest on the game, and their score would have been 2 points higher. I really believe that.

Hey now, you just sound bitter that way. icon_biggrin

I didn't really think the review was that bad. *shrugs* Seems reasonable: it'll appeal to genre fans but that's about it.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2007, 03:38:02 AM »

Well, instead of being nasty, I'll just say I disagree.
I definitely see some of the points, but while I also don't care for the heavy depth of field, I think the visuals
are wonderful in the little bit I've seen. I like the character designs, etc, too.
I do worry about the genericness of the characters with regard to the class system...I think that's a valid concern.

A 6, though? Seriously? That just doesn't make sense.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2007, 04:38:01 AM »

pffhhht...gamespot are idiots.....the player reviews ont eh right hand side seem more like it

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:35 AM »

Well Generalist is a real mportant one to train regardless, get it to lvL 8 and you get 2 more skill slots which becomes important pretty quickly.

I also agree that call it DQ or FF and it gets an 8, i mentioned blurry earlier in the topic but you sooon fail to notice and the in game and closse graphics look superb.

Thing is reviews like this will stop people trying or buying it, hopefully the player scores will offset it to some degree as it's a fun game.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 30, 2007, 12:49:06 AM

So, care to give us the short, short version at making a HK account? I think I have the directions around here somewhere, but...well, I'm lazy. biggrin

THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH SCREENSHOTS AND POSTAL CODES/.

Sheesh.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »

Picked it up, and am loving it.  I don't care what the reviews say.

I love the character design, think the graphics are great and the voice acting has been decent thusfar in my opinion.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 30, 2007, 10:45:38 AM

Quote from: Destructor on August 30, 2007, 12:49:06 AM

THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH SCREENSHOTS AND POSTAL CODES/.

Sheesh.

I knew if I said something you'd come around and show me the light. Thanks! biggrin

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »

Questions:

How is the music?

Can the music be turned off in the options screen?  If so, is there a separate control for general gameplay music and battle music?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2007, 02:14:23 PM »

The music is excellent, lots of different styles and themes and yeah you can turn it off or down in the options screen, options are speech and music if i remember correctly.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »

Man... I am so tempted.

Gah. I still have to finish oblivion. I think I've given up on the thieves guild for now, and am going to complete the main storyline.... THEN go evil and burn through the rest of the dark brotherhood and whatnot.

Plus, I have MP3 rented right now, and Samus and I are going to go adventure everything to death with her adventure arm. Oh, and what adventure isn't complete without adventure explosives?

And then, I'll buy BD used from one of you peoples.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:22:25 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »

Well they scored it a 6, but since it's a gamespot score we all know that the game is no less than a 7.0 - 7.5.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

I was a bit put off by Gamespot's review of Bravestory New Traveller for the PSP.  I bought the game anyways so I'll see what's up with it.  Most fans were outraged though.  Makes you wonder what's going on at Gamespot.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 30, 2007, 02:30:26 PM

I was a bit put off by Gamespot's review of Bravestory New Traveller for the PSP.  I bought the game anyways so I'll see what's up with it.  Most fans were outraged though.  Makes you wonder what's going on at Gamespot.

I haven't played enough of Brave Story to comment, but in general I think Gamespot's review quality has sharply diminished over the past year or so- especially after Kasavin left ( I didn't always agree with him but I thought he was fair).   
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »

Marvelous.  Thanks, Reemul.

Quote from: Reemul on August 30, 2007, 02:14:23 PM

The music is excellent, lots of different styles and themes and yeah you can turn it off or down in the options screen, options are speech and music if i remember correctly.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2007, 03:15:38 PM »

Regarding Gamespot, I get the feeling that after the reviewer backlash that happened a few months back, they've shifted their scoring a bit.  They've been rating things they used to give an 8 to as a 7 lately, it seems to me.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007, 04:34:22 PM »

I picked it up yesterday but won't be playing until I am finished BioShock.
I did here that there is an NPC in the game that buys "nothing"

A counter is incremented everytime you loot and get nothing and you can turn that in for stuff.
I may be off a bit on how it works, but I think it is an outstanding idea.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2007, 04:42:16 PM »

oh yeah....you can get some decent stuff of him as well

but,when he tells you how many 'nothings' you have.....you think...surely i had more than that.....nothings seemed to be appearing everywhere for me...but i guess not(i had 148 by the time i got to him)...i think he gives you something decent for every 50 you have

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »

I played it last night for about 45 minutes.  Still not really out of the intro sections so I can't really comment on the game as a whole.  The thing that really gets on my nerves though, is when you have a cutscene followed by "gameplay" that consists of little more than you walking to another location.  It does this over and over again.  What's the point?  Just play the movies!  I assume the game will open up a bit at some point soon, so hopefully this will be minor, but that is a pet peeve of mine with JRPGs in general.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

Quote from: kathode on August 30, 2007, 05:45:10 PM

I played it last night for about 45 minutes.  Still not really out of the intro sections so I can't really comment on the game as a whole.  The thing that really gets on my nerves though, is when you have a cutscene followed by "gameplay" that consists of little more than you walking to another location.  It does this over and over again.  What's the point?  Just play the movies!  I assume the game will open up a bit at some point soon, so hopefully this will be minor, but that is a pet peeve of mine with JRPGs in general.

It was like that for my first hour or so, then after that I don't recall getting that again in my next 2 hours of play.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »

Yeah lots of cut scenes at the start but they soon diminish for a good while.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2007, 06:30:17 PM »

tell you one thing i couldnt understand.....was why did you have control of Shu's grandfather at the beginning,you must of been in control of him for like a minute at the most<<<or is that what you meant Kathode?

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 30, 2007, 06:30:17 PM

tell you one thing i couldnt understand.....was why did you have control of Shu's grandfather at the beginning,you must of been in control of him for like a minute at the most<<<or is that what you meant Kathode?

It depends how much you wander around talking to the other people on the platform, but, yeah, that should have been a cutscene.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2007, 07:31:15 PM »

Overall the game isn't reviewing poorly though, at gamerankings.com it's averaging 78%.

How is the frame rate in the full version? Is it like the demo?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2007, 07:33:55 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 30, 2007, 07:31:15 PM

Overall the game isn't reviewing poorly though, at gamerankings.com it's averaging 78%.

Unfortunately, to many people less than 85% means "Avoid at all costs!"
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2007, 09:21:44 PM »

I personally don't notice any slowdown yet on the framerate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: