http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 08:20:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blue dragon-august release  (Read 1868 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »

http://kotaku.com/gaming/final-fantasy/gdc07-blue-dragon-lands-in-august-lost-odyssey-holiday-07-241976.php

i have been looking forward to this for a long time...no doubt UK will have to wait until 2008...maybe 2009

lost odyssey xmas 07

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:46:21 PM »

Dammit, I was really hoping for June or July. 
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:48:02 PM »

Yay for Japanese RPGs and the 360!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »

So much for summer fun...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »

Well it doesn't matter to me if its August vs. June or July, since I had no idea when to expect it-either way, with Mass Effect hopefully out by June-July, this works out great for me, and from all accounts this game sounds awesome. Very excited for it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 06, 2007, 08:52:04 PM

Well it doesn't matter to me if its August vs. June or July, since I had no idea when to expect it-either way, with Mass Effect hopefully out by June-July, this works out great for me, and from all accounts this game sounds awesome. Very excited for it.

I'm disappointed now because it was looking like we wouldn't get the normal summer wasteland:

About a month ago it was looking like Mass Effect for May, Bioshock in June, and then Blue Dragon in June or July would have been perfect.  Now Bioshock has been moved to the end of August and with Blue Dragon now in August, we're looking at tumbleweeds for June/July.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 06, 2007, 08:55:44 PM

Quote from: Calvin on March 06, 2007, 08:52:04 PM

I'm disappointed now because it was looking like we wouldn't get the normal summer wasteland:

About a month ago it was looking like Mass Effect for May, Bioshock in June, and then Blue Dragon in June or July would have been perfect.  Now Bioshock has been moved to the end of August and with Blue Dragon now in August, we're looking at tumbleweeds for June/July.
Hmm thats a valid point-perhaps we will get Mass Effect in May/June and that will carry us through those two months.

And andrew, jesus are those shots awesome. I want to play now!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:19 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 06, 2007, 09:08:34 PM

Hmm thats a valid point-perhaps we will get Mass Effect in May/June and that will carry us through those two months.

Heh, I give Mass Effect two to three weeks tops before I'm done icon_wink
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 09:37:11 PM »

Thanks Andrew.  I just want this game more and more.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »

If Mass Effect still makes May or even June, I'll be happy.  With Shivering Isles in the mix, I can pace it out. Two Worlds is supposedly coming in May, too.  Maybe Metroid Prime 3 will even make it in there... 

Of course, EB still lists Blue Dragon as coming in June, so all of these dates could change (and probably will).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

Is it just me, or is this picture creepy as hell:

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 06, 2007, 09:21:19 PM

Quote from: Calvin on March 06, 2007, 09:08:34 PM

Heh, I give Mass Effect two to three weeks tops before I'm done icon_wink

Yeah me too-if I am not working make it 10 days (or moving).
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 12:07:35 AM »

First English shots -

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 12:13:11 AM »

Aww man, with Mass Effect, then this, I'm not going to get out much later this year!

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »

The battle system looks awesome-a blend of new concepts and ideas and some clearly old school turn based front to front combat system. Anyone have more details on the system or a preview?
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 01:07:01 AM »

Ugh...can't...resist...picking...up Xbox360 frown

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 02:14:11 AM »

GameInformer had a big preview on it a while back.  The battle system is turn-based with your dragons doing the fighting.  There are 9 classes, and you can mix and match abilities from the different classes.  Enemies are visible, and you have field skills you can use get the enemies to fight each other or to fight several enemy groups in a row for bonuses.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »

hmm,not as bad as i thought...only a month later for europe

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159390

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 09:22:56 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 07, 2007, 02:14:11 AM

GameInformer had a big preview on it a while back.  The battle system is turn-based with your dragons doing the fighting.  There are 9 classes, and you can mix and match abilities from the different classes.  Enemies are visible, and you have field skills you can use get the enemies to fight each other or to fight several enemy groups in a row for bonuses.

Hmm this does not sound at all like what I was expecting, but I am tentatively prepared to label this "cool" for right now. It has potential. I need to read more about it or see it in action.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »

I'm with Kevin on this one.

I'm disappointed in how this year is turning out for the 360. Late last year it looked like Crackdown and Lost Planet would be incredible, and Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Blue Dragon would all be out by summer. Instead, Lost Planet turned out to be average, Crackdown was good, but didn't live up to the hype, and Bioshock and Blue Dragon are coming out much later than expected. Culdcept Saga is also a buggy mess that apparently isn't getting nearly the rework needed for its North American debut. (The Japanese release was filled with an atrocious number of bugs.)

Good for my wallet, but bad for a system that needs to take advantage of the current PS3 library weakness. Even Eternal Sonata, which looks to be an incredible niche RPG, has disappeared from the Gamestop website after having been tentatively scheduled for May.

Eternal Sonata:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1IAF5HKOc
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:24:15 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 06:41:19 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 07, 2007, 09:22:56 PM

Hmm this does not sound at all like what I was expecting, but I am tentatively prepared to label this "cool" for right now. It has potential. I need to read more about it or see it in action.

what was you expecting?...its from the makers of FF,thats more or less what i was expecting(apart from the visible enemies,thats a bonus) with a mega massive emotional story attached...over 3 DVDs,i really cant wait for this,i had already heard,and seen the dragons doing the fighting for you,they come up from behind you acting a bit like a shadow,maybe...the 'making enemies fight each other' is ..hmm,unique..hope you still get XP,lol

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 08, 2007, 06:41:19 AM

Quote from: Calvin on March 07, 2007, 09:22:56 PM

what was you expecting?...its from the makers of FF,thats more or less what i was expecting(apart from the visible enemies,thats a bonus) with a mega massive emotional story attached...over 3 DVDs,i really cant wait for this,i had already heard,and seen the dragons doing the fighting for you,they come up from behind you acting a bit like a shadow,maybe...the 'making enemies fight each other' is ..hmm,unique..hope you still get XP,lol

Hehe you are silly! Being from some of the FF guys I expected a refined TB combat system where you fight with your own party, not with wierd anthropomorphic dragons you capture and chain together into wierd atttacks-as a GENERAL rule that kind of monster hunter addition to gameplay/combat is one I dislike intensely, but this game is so freaking cool looking I am labeling it cool anyway.  icon_wink
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »

You don't capture the dragons... they are something like your guardian spirits... each character has one, and it never changes, you don't swap them out from my understanding.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 08, 2007, 12:21:47 PM

You don't capture the dragons... they are something like your guardian spirits... each character has one, and it never changes, you don't swap them out from my understanding.

Its still just too wierd. Instead of having a dragon fight, how about I fight with my characters cool spells and abilities? smile Ok, ok, I know, I am being too old fashioned! I am sure I will like it just fine in the end.  headbang3
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 08, 2007, 12:23:28 PM

Quote from: Arkon on March 08, 2007, 12:21:47 PM

Its still just too wierd. Instead of having a dragon fight, how about I fight with my characters cool spells and abilities? smile Ok, ok, I know, I am being too old fashioned! I am sure I will like it just fine in the end.  headbang3

Your dragon is the manifestation of your characters cool spells and abilities...old fashioned... this is nothing more than a party of D&D characters with access to polymorph potions    icon_lol
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »

Based on reports from the Japanese version don't be expecting an emotional story in the vein of FF4 and FF6-12.  Supposedly the story is good but more like say FF5 or the stories in the Dragon Quest series. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 08, 2007, 02:13:36 PM

Based on reports from the Japanese version don't be expecting an emotional story in the vein of FF4 and FF6-12.  Supposedly the story is good but more like say FF5 or the stories in the Dragon Quest series. 

Thats a bit dissapointing, but I am starting to look at BD as sort of a very gorgeous, hopefully fun and interesting, stylized throwback style RPG blended with some new concepts-and that is good for me. Release it now plz. Kthnx.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »

Emotional story or not, I want this game. I NEED this game.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
warning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »

Please no emotional story.  I want fun with cool combat and a great character advancement system.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

i dont want to spoil anything but i have heard that......hmm...on second thoughts no,i dont think i will spoil it...you have proberbly heard the same bit of info anyhow

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 08, 2007, 05:07:00 PM

i dont want to spoil anything but i have heard that......hmm...on second thoughts no,i dont think i will spoil it...you have proberbly heard the same bit of info anyhow

Actually all I've read are general impressions of BD.  I haven't read any spoilers. And I'd prefer not to!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »

no problemo

tomorrow japanese blue dragon gamers get some downloadable content

http://kotaku.com/gaming/blue-dragon/blue-dragon-dl-content-hits-japan-tomorrow-242457.php

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »

There's a Q&A with Sakaguchi at Gamespot that mentions a Blue Dragon demo coming in June or July.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 07:32:46 AM »

nice read...sounded honest as well,especially about the bad marketing in japan from microsoft

must say,him talking about the white engine that FF13 will be created on and saying that it would be easy to cross platform the game sounds promising,even though he is no longer with SE

i cant wait for the blue dragon demo though...christ,i bet it will be 1.5gig icon_lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: