http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 03:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloodbowl - Warhammer/American football/fantasy football  (Read 17228 times)
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »

Quote from: Bob on July 09, 2009, 08:03:51 PM

A little off topic, but Blood Bowl PC inspired me to dig out my old Blood Bowl teams and I saw that this stuff is going for decent money on ebay.  So I photographed and listed my Undead team (I'll probably get seller's remorse later.)  

Me and my friends enjoy quite a few boardgames... Would the boardgame be a better choice than the pc game? I wasn't really interested in this game, but it seems to get massive praise here on the forums...
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »

Being produced by Games Workshop, the board game ain't cheap.  The base set, which includes board, dice, rulers/templates, and a basic ork and human team runs something like $80, and you can expect to spend around $50 per team beyond that (according to the website), plus supplies to paint.  Obviously, painting isn't required, but if you wind up playing in leagues, they may require that your team be painted.

I'd say go for the PC game since it lets you try out different teams without investing large amounts of money, and if you like it, you can always transition to the tabletop version with the team you like and with knowing all the rules.  Plus, gogamer.com has the PC version on sale for $30 right now.  *grumble grumble*

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »

I'm convinced this game cheats even on easy. Playing a Skaven club for a championship I had the game 2-1.  A skaven passer not only made two dodge rolls to make it onto my side of the pitch, but made a hail Mary pass to a gutter runner being guarded by three adjacent players.  Not only did the gutter runner score, but he made all three dodge rolls. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

yeah, I've seen stuff like that happening - Humans made a pass over approx half the field, through 4 of my guys, with one standing right in front him, and scored a touchdown on it... Also, dwarves seem uncannily good at dodging pretty much all the time.

Btw - started a new campaign - second game my opponents got 250.000 money in inducements???? thats on easy as well...I think the AI is cheating and fielding fewer players to get higher inducements

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »

I am close to exploding - I dont mind a game with a bit of chance, especially if in like this game, you have a chance of modifying that chance in your favor...but this? I just had a game agains the humans, and they started out first with 300.000 in inducements...again, first cup, and they just happened to have a man short. Secondly, 5 times, and I kid you not, five times in a row, my elves, who have high agility, failed to pick up the ball, and there was NO-ONE else around, but mine...I had the ball surrounded, at times by three of my elves, and they had none, and still they cannot PICK UP THE BALL??? THen, finally, I got the ball, and got my thrower to throw it...3 squares, no one in between, to my catcher,,,and he fails...again! Did this right after again, and he failed again...the humans then proceeded to kill my two wardancers, and scored to 2-0....

Tell me something isnt wrong here

edit: Just tried the match again, its the final cupmatch of the first cup, and more or less the same happened again, tons and tons of good rolls for them - for instance, they go through dodge zones where I have 1, 2 and 3 elves, and they just move through them - if I try it, I go down... I am afraid that they have loaded the dice for the sake of bad AI... Also, in this one match, I got 2 red skulls 5 times... how is that statistically possilby?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:56:49 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2009, 08:57:27 PM »

Yesterday I had the classic ballcarrier with no one within 8 squares of him roll a 1 going for a TD, fall down and KO himself.

All you can do is laugh.   icon_lol

Right???

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2009, 09:09:13 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on July 12, 2009, 08:57:27 PM

Yesterday I had the classic ballcarrier with no one within 8 squares of him roll a 1 going for a TD, fall down and KO himself.

All you can do is laugh.   icon_lol

Right???

I'd like an option to, after the game is over, line up your worst opponents, one at a time, against your entire team, and you get to block kill them...that would make me smile...big time!

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »

I understand that xfire support is now in the game. Need someone to confirm and more importantly do they allow videos and broadcasting....

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »

Quote from: Tals on July 16, 2009, 11:02:02 AM

I understand that xfire support is now in the game. Need someone to confirm and more importantly do they allow videos and broadcasting....

we'll have to play and test...
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

Confirmed scroll lock v and b work smile

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »

Meet the Goblins

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2009, 03:23:11 AM »

Friggin Goblins...lol...

ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2009, 12:12:28 AM »

What's the consensus on the PC version of this?  I was reading the AARs on RPS which made it sound good, if a little buggy and unpolished.  I like football and I like RPGs so this should be a win.  Is the single-player game viable and fun?  Are public multiplayer matches okay or do you really need a group of friends/acquaintances?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2009, 01:17:22 AM »

The Dark Elves

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »

looks like this is finally getting a retail release for those who hate digital downloads.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

Soooo, I got this in my email today. April Fools? 12 extra races sounds too good to be true. On the other hand, those screenshots look mighty fine, and it would probably be a waste of resources to create such good looking models just for an April Fools joke. There's nothing overly ridiculous in the article, either.

I remember hearing somewhere that they would add in Undead teams and Norse teams, and those are the only two races that are represented in the screenshots. Maybe they won't add all 12, but just these two?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »

If it is true, I don't think I'm paying much (if anything) for it.  Their initial release hasn't been all that great, and they definitely led us to believe that they'd be releasing more teams steadily.  If the only way to get this is as a full-price "gold" edition, I'm out.  If there's some kind of upgrade path, then I'm more likely to be in.

Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »

There's a post on the forums in which some guy from the publisher confirms that there will be 20 races. I agree though, full price would be too much. An expansion I can live with.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »

Bloodbowl 2 is on the way

threadnecromancy for the win nod

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: