http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 11:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloodbowl - Warhammer/American football/fantasy football  (Read 17077 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 26, 2009, 03:29:35 PM

Quote from: Arkon on June 26, 2009, 10:11:44 AM

Quote from: Lee on June 26, 2009, 01:46:29 AM

Quote from: Arkon on June 26, 2009, 01:25:12 AM

Ok, is the player key the same thing as the activation code?

No, player key you enter once the game is loaded the first time. The other one is your activation code.

Ok, where do I get the player key then?  Only thing I can find in my email is an activation code.

Both codes should be in the email on consecutive lines. they are marked differently and are different lengths

Just got an email back from support...due to a "bug" the email it sent me originally was incorrectly generated without a player key, so they generated a new one and sent it to me.  Should be able to play some tonight.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »

Bought it and DLing now to my laptop.

I should probably play for a week though before trying any league stuff since i'm a near noob at this.  I'ive followed some AGRs (After game reports) and played around with the 2d pc client a whie back for a few games but i'm still super noobish.  Hopefully with this new pretty version i'll rectify that and move from noob to just normal dumbass status in a week or so...

I didn't get this installed last night cause i was busy buying and installing and playing Nexus: Jupiter Incident, on steam:)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »

Bought it and Downloading as I type...cant wait!!

anyways, I'm up for playing this against people, although a lot of you guys plays at strange hours, of course ;-)

razgon on Xfire :-)

A new one
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »

Even the base game gets pretty complicated as players gain star player points (SPPs) and new abilities.  At first, you're just basically checking to see whether you have enough combined strength to block any individual guy, but eventually you'll end up using all 4 minutes because some innocuous looking human lineman turns out to have mighty blow and +2 ST.

Oops.

It turns out I play computer BB just like the board game version - fouling the crap out of downed players.
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »

I want to play this on my laptop, but I think I'm out of luck.  My laptop has Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset.  Roll Eyes  It meets all other requirements.   

I've read conflicting things about whether the game will run at all using that chipset.  My hunch is that it will not.  But I've read a couple posts suggesting that some beta testers got it to work with this card. 

Any beta testers try it with a similar card? 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »

So what's the differences in Blitz mode?  I thought that was the semi-real time version, but it sounds like there are additional things going on in season mode.

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »

I'm running it on my laptop with an integrated Intel 4 series express chipset - the GMA 4500M, I think.  It's not great, but with the details kicked down to a reasonable level, it's stable.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »

I'm debating this game tell me some more smile

I played Chaos League was kind of iffy about that, how does it compare to Chaos League. In terms of games do you tend to play against the AI or against other humans. How long does a game tend to last and if against other players how easy is it to arrange a match up.

Any info about the game gratefully received smile

Tals

p.s never played the tabletop game

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on June 26, 2009, 04:42:49 PM

So what's the differences in Blitz mode?  I thought that was the semi-real time version, but it sounds like there are additional things going on in season mode.

Blitz can be played in turn-based or semi-real-time - and adds stuff like contract negotiations for players, sponsorships, a host of additional pre-game purchasing options, and, I think, more equipment options for players.    Basically a lot more knobs to twiddle.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 26, 2009, 04:43:31 PM

I'm running it on my laptop with an integrated Intel 4 series express chipset - the GMA 4500M, I think.  It's not great, but with the details kicked down to a reasonable level, it's stable.

Good to hear though i'm up to the point of installing the patch already.

I'm installing my laptop which has the same, intel 4 series integrated on a core 2 duo 2.26ghz

At least my new desktop won't even hiccup at max:)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2009, 06:41:53 PM »

Is there in-game voice chat support for the online multiplayer?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 26, 2009, 04:11:19 PM

Bought it and DLing now to my laptop.

I should probably play for a week though before trying any league stuff since i'm a near noob at this.  I'ive followed some AGRs (After game reports) and played around with the 2d pc client a whie back for a few games but i'm still super noobish.  Hopefully with this new pretty version i'll rectify that and move from noob to just normal dumbass status in a week or so...

I didn't get this installed last night cause i was busy buying and installing and playing Nexus: Jupiter Incident, on steam:)

I wouldn't worry about it Fuzz, most of the people here including myself haven't really played much at all.  Kato is playing in the league and he had never read or played anything BB related until yesterday.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on June 26, 2009, 06:41:53 PM

Is there in-game voice chat support for the online multiplayer?
no, but we've been using Kato's vent for that.  There is a Bloodbowl channel in it.  Looks like it's down for maintenance right now, hopefully be back up momentarily.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »

Tals, I could see you liking it quite a bit.  There is a single player campaign that is pretty much your career as a coach/manager/owner and is solely vs AI but the real meat as far as I'm concerned is the online play versus humans.

Online you can either play in the public league which really just works like any other online multiplayer game and isn't really organized in seasons per se, or you play in a private league which can be setup in dozens of ways.  I plan on playing in and creating leagues that will run multiple divisions and seasons and it pretty much works just like owning and running your own sports team in a real league. 
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 26, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

I'm installing my laptop which has the same, intel 4 series integrated on a core 2 duo 2.26ghz

Caveats:  the intro movies don't show at all, so I just disabled those in the options.  Also, I'm running Win 7, so perhaps things are more stable on Vista/XP.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:07:29 PM by Brendan » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »

Mine seems to run fine with everything maxed, but I'm on a quad core with vista so results may vary.

Interestingly even though I have cinematics disabled, if I minimize the game and am surfing eventually the game goes into attract mode and plays the intros anyway bringing the game to the forefront but blank screen and the system goes unresponsive other than taskmanager

Xfire me up for a game!
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »

Is there still room in the current league or plans to expand? I might grab this tonight.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

My team is all ready for the league now with all players named after forum members.

Still one spot in the preliminary league and we can restart with more total team spots when we get more players.  Can't start the league until it's full so i set it to the minimum of 4 teams so we could get underway.  I think you can have 32 teams eventually.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

You might want to expand it already - it seems like there's enough interest to get 6-8 maybe?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:30 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 26, 2009, 07:29:25 PM

You might want to expand it already - it seems like there's enough interest to get 6-8 maybe?

I would like to join in now that I have my player key.  Might take me a few games of being horrendous to learn the mechanics but it should be fun.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »

If Katos is ever down always feel free to use mine as a backup.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 26, 2009, 07:05:33 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 26, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

Caveats:  the intro movies don't show at all, so I just disabled those in the options.  Also, I'm running Win 7, so perhaps things are more stable on Vista/XP.

Interesting, the movies run super good and fine on my laptop.

I turned off Fur and grass and set most of the other details to medium and it runs super smooth on my laptop in game with those settings.

Core 2 Duo 2.26 & Intel Series 4 integrated, Vista 32 bit SP1, 3GB RAM.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 26, 2009, 07:24:51 PM

My team is all ready for the league now with all players named after forum members.

Still one spot in the preliminary league and we can restart with more total team spots when we get more players.  Can't start the league until it's full so i set it to the minimum of 4 teams so we could get underway.  I think you can have 32 teams eventually.

I'll join but not till Monday or so.  I'm swamped on activities through the weekend.

Had time to play 1 game today.  Didn't do as bad as i feared i would, i lost 0-1 vs an easy AI, not bad considering.  I was learning fast throughout but found a frequent mistake happened when i'd think i'd selected the next character but hadn't and still had a previous one selected and ended up causing several oops turnovers when i didn't mean to move that guy at all.

It's really not too hard to get the hang of though once you get through the tutorials which are real simple.  Probably a couple more easy games and i'll understand most of the basic game pretty well.

I'm impressed, at the accessibility of a game with hugely complex rules...they really made it accessible.

The semi-real time mode confused the fuck outta me though.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 26, 2009, 07:24:51 PM

Did I make the team, coach?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »

I never did try the semi-real time in the demo... the league using that or classic rules? The game didn't seem all that different from the previous blood bowl release with newer graphics, but then again I like the game either way so I'll still get it if I can be in a league.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

Quote from: Tals on June 26, 2009, 08:03:01 PM

Kato will be performing maintenance on his vent this evening and either getting it fixed or getting a new one setup so we'll have an update either way.  If you want to post your vent info Tals, we can use that in the interim but I'd rather you post it than me post it in case I'm out of line slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »

I'm up for playing either Blitz mode or Classic.  Both are fun though they each have a different focus.  I don't care for real time at all though so when I play Blitz rules I still use turn based.

Blitz mode adds equipment with bonuses, negotiating contracts with sponsors and players, training for bonuses during a game, performance enhancing drugs and testing for drugs, spellcasting from the sidelines and more.  Sadly some of that isn't currently able to be enabled for player run leagues and are only available in the single player campaign even though the items are on the MP menu. (they are greyed out)

Friend me in the game (coach name is Harkonis) and send me a tell if interested in the league and post here as well.  I need to know how many people are interested so we can have the appropriately sized league.  As mentioned before the league can't start until it's full so we don't want it too large or we never will get going, but if I make it too small then people get left out and that's no fun either.

and yes, Hadron is on my starting team roster Tongue (but so is Lettuce, so take it for what it's worth and remember that players WILL die)  

edit: I have a thread in the multiplayer forum for team names interested in the league.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:50:28 PM by Harkonis » Logged
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »

DAmnit Hark, I am purchasing this when I get back...

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »

heh, like it's my fault...

edit: I'll be on about 7pm EST until who knows when tonight.  Be playing single player until someone hits me up on Xfire.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »

Hark - I'm thinking of joining the league, but not sure whether I'll be one to bog others play down, due to not being online much at the same time as you guys. Will that be a problem?

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 26, 2009, 08:39:00 PM

Quote from: Tals on June 26, 2009, 08:03:01 PM

Kato will be performing maintenance on his vent this evening and either getting it fixed or getting a new one setup so we'll have an update either way.  If you want to post your vent info Tals, we can use that in the interim but I'd rather you post it than me post it in case I'm out of line slywink

Anyone who has Kato's vent I am happy they have mine so feel free to pm/message etc those that need it and have katos, I made the password the same on purpose smile It was dirt cheap to have a hosted vent so that is what I did and I mean dirt cheap.

I'm not going to post the info publically just to keep out those who we don't know.

Tals

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 26, 2009, 10:43:39 PM

Hark - I'm thinking of joining the league, but not sure whether I'll be one to bog others play down, due to not being online much at the same time as you guys. Will that be a problem?

The first league we run isn't going to have a set schedule or matchups.  It's pretty much just a group of teams that play whoever, whenever within the league itself.

Eventually I would like to have a 'real' league that has weekly games that are scheduled between teams and end with a playoff run.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »

New vent is up and ready

IP ADDRESS:  69.61.101.139   
 PORT:  5535 
 HOSTNAME:  vent38.light-speed.com 
Pass: usmc

I am available on xfire mostly, but sometimes am in vent without xfire if the game isn't compatible.
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2009, 02:30:06 AM »

Am I going to be able to max out the graphics with:

i7 920, 6GB RAM, 512MB Radeon 4850?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »

some people just like to rub things in your face...

I'm recreating the league as an 8 player league.  if you already applied, do so again.

Hoping to get everyone at least registered for the league by midday Sat so we can start some games.
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2009, 03:24:22 AM »

Installing it now Hark smile

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2009, 03:45:02 AM »

I'll do you one better, I'm installing it now.

OK, added Harkonis as a friend. Please let me know how to join. Also, what team types are you playing? Want to make sure I play something different to mix it up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:07:16 AM by Azhag » Logged
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:53 AM »

My coach name is Adramalech Hark smile

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2009, 04:46:31 AM »

k, resetting the league now.  Next time you log in just create a team, go over to the right and 'Quit League' to leave the public league, search leagues, find the GT league and apply to join.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2009, 04:50:50 AM »

I'll be on Xfire, Vent and in game for the next while if anyone wants to join in and play some.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: