http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 11:32:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blitz: The League Tomorrow supposedly.  (Read 1869 times)
GGMark
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:43:09 PM »

Well, in Eb the other day, they told me Tuesday, and I just checked the website for Eb and it says that it ships today.  So one can only dream...smile  I am really hyped about this one.  I am not to big a Madden fan, and I am sad that we got no 2K game this year..frown  So maybe this well quench my thirst for some football.

I find that presentation is a lot of what makes a sports game, and really I think why I didnt like 2K hockey this year.  So if the presentation is good with this, and the graphics shots look pretty good.  I can hope they got the controls down good.  Maybe I will do better in this than I am in my Fantasy Football league..smile
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:18:10 PM »

From what I saw at the Midway party at E3, you will enjoy the presentation.  I liked how they handled it a lot.  It did feel like a real sportscast, and the breaking bones were just brutal.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:51:12 PM »

I plan on renting this, but I doubt I will buy it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the Blitz gameplay with a new coat of paint on it.  It will be fun for a few days to a week and then it will seem boring.

And yes, you could probably say that about Madden as well, although unlike the Blitz games of old I continue to play Madden months afterwards.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 04:01:11 PM »

I was just never able to get into madden.  I take that back.  Way back when in the days of the PS1, I was able.  But once the 2k Series started. I jumped right onto that.  Madden was just not for me.  I have really never been comfortable with the controls in Madden.  I am thinking about a rental first for Blitz.  The problem with that being that the places near me, unless they are blockbuster, never seem to get anyt9ing i want, anytime before I can find it used for 20 bux anyways.  Might as well just buy from 20 bux, instead of rent for 5...smile
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 04:24:41 PM »

Let us know what you think after you play it.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 03:49:18 AM »

fyi,

teamxbox reviewed blitz.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 04:00:11 AM »

So did Gamespot.  They gave it an 8.6.  I watched the video review and it seems like old-time Blitz, although the reviewer says you just overlook the "over the top" things like shooting up an injured player and just revel in the fun.

I just don't think it has the staying power though, but that isn't touched on at all in the review.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:43:57 AM »

Ok.  I got the PS2 version becuase my XBOX has finally really just made me mad.  It tends to lock up on A LOT of games, and now the power button is useless.

PS2 Blitz:  OH MY GOD THE LOAD AND SAVE TIMES!!!  

Wow, are they long.  I cant say much more.  LONG!!

Graphics, nice, playability, nice.  VERY unforgiveable.   If you miss a guy, hes GONE.  If you go to hit the QB and he pulls off one of the moves, your burned.

I a liking this game though, overall.  I am a 2k fan by heart.  I will give a more indepth review tomorrow, after I get to mess around a bit more with campaign mode, and play a few more games, and get used to the controls.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 10:04:40 AM »

Cool sounds (relatively) good Mark.  Would also like to hear some multiplayer impressions if you could swing that.  One thing that appeals to me BIG time is the multiplayer aspect of this game.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 06:16:58 PM »

Ok.  I have played a few games now.  I have minorly messed with the trainers and such.  Bet on a couple of my games before hand.

Campaign mode.  You pick a coach based on his beliefs of offense.  Wether he wants to go heavy pass, heavy run, or a balance.  A assistant coach based off these same beliefs.  I chose a head coach who was heavy pass, and a assistant coach who was heavy run, giving me a overall balance.  You then choose a Defensive Coordinator.  Wether he likes to blitz, sit back, or just kinda wait em out.  Then you choose your Number One Qb, and how he wants to play, run, pass, etc.  Then a RB, and WR.  I believe it just fills in the rest for you.

You get to choose your start city.  Your name.  Your logo, your jersey colors, and type, and design.  AS well as the cheerleader design, from 3, out of 6.  The next three are locked.

You also choose from one of three stadiums, each with a different + or - to them.  I choose the field that was hell for away teams to play on, and its worked.  I am undefeated at home.  And I lost both away games.  2-2 Record.

Controls are pretty good.  Seem responsive and solid.  If you dont get a hang of the turbo, and the special meters quick.  The other team burns you.  And even when you do get it.  They can still burn you.  If thier star player is running down the line with the ball, and suddenly hits his special bar, and you miss with the first hit.  He's most likely gone.  QB's can do special throws and such.

The big hits are great when you get em off.  Sometimes they injure, sometimes they dont.  I just walked all over the Washington team, and caused them to actually Juice thier star Qb, and RB.  Thier main WR, I knocked out for a entire season with a spine injury.  Cool little extra image when you hurt someone.

Is it Madden, or 2k?  Nope.  Same Stadium.  Different game.  BUT, I am having way more fun with this than I did Madden.  Before this, I was not a Blitz fan.  I remember the old arcade days when people used to play it.  Didn't like it.  I am really liking this.  I dont have any multi player impressions yet.  My brother might be coming by tonight, I can get him to play, he loves football games.

Graphics.  Great so far.  The inbetween cut scenes are not top notch or anything, but they do get thier point across.  The cut scenes on the field actually look to be better quality, and some are hilarious.  

Any other questions?  Or things that  Imay have missed?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 10:31:43 PM »

Certainly a messed up game...totally feels like the old Blitz games, though.

Seeing those bones crack when you pull of an injury is pretty nasty!

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 01:35:38 AM »

I rented this for the PS2 and the load and save times are some of the worst I have ever seen.  I know someone else mentioned that, I just wanted repeat it.  It is terrible.  I've played both xbox and ps2 versions and I say if you have the choice, go with the Xbox.  The game plays alright, I played 2 games in a row and into the second game it was already starting to feel a little tired.  Both games I played I had huge lead evaporate due to fumbles and super teams.  I hate comeback AI.  I dont mind playing a tough game, but when I am murdering them for 3 quarters and they all the sudden turn on God mode, it really pisses me off.  So far, I would give this game a 7 out of 10.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 01:57:21 AM »

Ah yes, the ever-present Blitz comeback A.I. is still there, eh?  Fantastic.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 04:02:45 AM »

Oh yeah, I didnt lose the games, but they were all made close.  One game they closed the gap from being 20 down to only losing by 3.  ALL IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: