http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:13:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackspace (Kickstarter)  (Read 225 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »

I thought this deserved a mention here.  Seems really interesting and the engine is pretty awesome as shown in the video.

Blackspace on Kickstarter

A unique action RTS with an emphasis on defense. Mine a cluster of anomalous asteroids and defend yourself.

Iíve always enjoyed the base building aspect of an RTS and while I love games like DoWII that completely removed based building I wouldnít mind going back to a game that did it very well. In the case of this game the terrain you are building on is full deformable which could result in some interesting tactics.

The mining mechanic actually makes me think of an older game called Earth 2150 where the purpose of the campaign was to harvest a certain amount of resources throughout the campaign so that your faction could leave earth before the planet died. In that game it was possible to lose a mission and make up for it later on because defeat in battle didnít mean an overall loss as long as you were conservative with resources and had acquired enough by the end of the game. If they can capture the same sort of feel I am definitely in.
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »

Looks good. Too bad it combines two of my least favorite genres: RTS and tower defense. Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: