http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 07:16:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black for PC?  (Read 1230 times)
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2005, 05:13:17 AM »

Are they planning for Black to come to the PC as well as current-gen consoles?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 07:16:50 AM »

I've not heard any plans for Black for the PC.  :/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

Yeah, that would make sense for them to not release a shooter on the PC.

Next up Criterion will announce a PC exclusive platforming game.

Well, one less game to worry about having to get.  I hate FPS on the consoles.  Just not nearly as good as they are on the PC.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 09:32:03 AM »

Typically that is very true Doomboy.  This one looks like it'll be the cream of the crop for consoles though.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 06:56:06 AM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"

Get used to it.  It makes increasingly less sense to the big corporations that control the game business now to support what is essentially the fourth platform and the one that requires the most pre-release testing and the most post-release tech support and is the one that sells by far the fewest game units a year.  You do the math.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 07:57:01 AM »

This game looks so phenomenally good. I hope the framerate is decent and the controls are more Halo than Killzone-but goddamn it looks good. Too bad we probably won't see it on PC.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 08:51:01 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
and is the one that sells by far the fewest game units a year.  You do the math.

Umm wrong. Look at the complete picture. The sales numbers are always console vs the PC. The flaw there is that console is 3 diffrent platforms. The only one which has better sales consistantly is the PS2.
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 09:28:31 PM »

The weird part is, I saw the trailer from E3 and it looked hi-res enough to be a PC game, unless I'm remembering wrong.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 10:25:15 PM »

Game Trailers has some great footage of gameplay.  Check out the first one on the list, the GT gameplay videos  :shock:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 07:53:48 PM »

Next up Criterion will announce a PC exclusive platforming game.

Well, one less game to worry about having to get.  I hate FPS on the consoles.  Just not nearly as good as they are on the PC.

FPS games are hot on consoles now.  Never mind the Halo games which I'm pretty sure have sold more than any PC FPS since the original Half Life but the top selling 360 game is Call of Duty 2 and, while I don't have PC numbers, wouldn't be surprised to see it ultimately outsell the PC version.  

The debut of the Unreal 3 Engine will be on a 360 exclusive game, Gears of War (Though to be fair GoW is a 3rd person shooter vice FPS).  Unreal 3  has been licensed by a huge number of console developers for next-gen.  

IIRC, John Carmack has stated that the 360 will be the lead platform for iD's next 3D Engine/Game.  

I don't think it will be more than another few years when PC exclusive FPS games are few and far between.  I'd expect most under development now are aiming for day and date for consoles and PCs with quite a few with consoles as the lead platform and PC as a secondary market.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 11:06:03 PM »

Then I guess the gaming hobby is going to leave me behind.  I do not like console controllers much.  They are just not as intuitive to use to me.  I always have trouble with moving the view point with one stick while using the other to move around, while also remembering which buttons do what on the controller.

I think they have to dumb down the accuracy in order to make the games playable at all.  Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense when the whole point of the game is shooting.

I guess that is the trend though.  Games that basically play themselves.  RPGs with skills that go up automatically, shooters that aim for you, RTS games that have no resources to gather.  Everything seems to be geared toward people who don't have time to actually play games.

I can remember when a game of Civilization would take me a whole week to play out.  I used to spend an entire Saturday playing a game of Empire Earth from the caveman era all the way to Mechs.  Now people get antsy if Civ 4 takes more than a couple of hours to play.

Oh well.  Like I said, if this trend continues (and I just don't see why it won't continue), I will just be saving more money.  frown

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 06:59:12 AM »

Then I guess the gaming hobby is going to leave me behind.  I do not like console controllers much.  They are just not as intuitive to use to me.  I always have trouble with moving the view point with one stick while using the other to move around, while also remembering which buttons do what on the controller.

I think they have to dumb down the accuracy in order to make the games playable at all.  Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense when the whole point of the game is shooting.

While that may have been true in the past, the advent of high def resolutions will change how a console shooter plays.  To be honest, once you get used to the controller, I don't see much of a difference between Call of Duty 2 on PC vs Call of Duty 2 on the 360 in terms of the accuracy of the controls.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 07:01:28 AM »

While that may have been true in the past, the advent of high def resolutions will change how a console shooter plays.  To be honest, once you get used to the controller, I don't see much of a difference between Call of Duty 2 on PC vs Call of Duty 2 on the 360 in terms of the accuracy of the controls.

Yeah its still less accurate, but from only playing a little in the EB kiosks I can control it suprisingly well-I think that you are right that its going to get better and better.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 07:03:24 AM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
and is the one that sells by far the fewest game units a year.  You do the math.

Umm wrong. Look at the complete picture. The sales numbers are always console vs the PC. The flaw there is that console is 3 diffrent platforms. The only one which has better sales consistantly is the PS2.

Last numbers  I saw were that PC gaming represented less than 20% of total sales and almost half of that was educational games as opposed to entertainment software.  That means true PC games are no more than about 15% of the market now, which is well below PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, which have no educational stuff on them.  Throw in the standardized hardware and the only real thing PC gaming has going for it now is the low barrier of entry - you don't have to deal with a major company to release your game on PC.

- American Dad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: