http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 07:52:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bioshock 3 ...wait where Bioshock 2?  (Read 1503 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/39146/BioShock-3-Announced-May-Release-Alongside-Movie

BioShock 3 has been announced by way of Take Two's investor relations call. When pushed to reveal the BioShock movie's release date, big boss Strauss Zelnick stated, "itís more likely that it would be released coincident with BioShock 3." No further B3 details were given, though the accompanying financial release does state that Gore Verbinski will direct the movie adaptation:

BioShock, a wholly owned and internally developed title for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows shipped over 2.2 million units since its debut in late August. 2K Games will be bringing this popular title to the PLAYSTATION 3 this fall, and Universal Pictures is developing a feature film based on BioShock to be directed by Gore Verbinski, director of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.

So where is Bioshock 2? I dont recall playing that one yet even smile Id be all for a good trilogy. But I dont want another underwater city like that. Lets take it back to a space station smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:55:06 AM »

You missed the announcements.  In Bioshock 2 you go back to Rapture but this time you're a security guard while everything from the first game is happening.  Then in Bioshock 3 you play a military special forces guy sent in at the same time.

icon_lol

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

no, in BS3 you get to play a little sister.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:06:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 06, 2008, 05:52:00 AM

No, that's Bioshock 4: Episode 2.  After you play a Big Daddy in Episode 1.
 ninja

- American Dad
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 06:28:50 AM »

So, what cool things would you like to see in an actual Bioshock 2 and 3?

For me, Bioshock 2 should either be more rapture, or we could try a different area with a different setting.

If they go different setting route, I'd like Bioshock 3 to return to rapture with the whole city gone even worse.  Instead of just splicers, there'll be Grotesques, splicers that are so far gone they've mutated way beyond the human form into practically monsters.

They could make a game a lot more open, much like how Stalker Clear Sky is going more open..

and the rest in spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
there could be a lot of different factions within Rapture that are fighting to fill the power vacuum left by the death of Ryan and Fontain, the game's two main power bases.  That'd leave that sick bastard Cohen open for a power grab, depending on whether they keep him alive story-wise.  Then they'd have free reign to add in a bunch of new factions.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:29:36 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on June 06, 2008, 06:06:42 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 06, 2008, 05:52:00 AM

No, that's Bioshock 4: Episode 2.  After you play a Big Daddy in Episode 1.
 ninja

You didn't play the game... did you?  Tongue
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:12:13 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 06, 2008, 06:28:50 AM

So, what cool things would you like to see in an actual Bioshock 2 and 3?

For me, Bioshock 2 should either be more rapture, or we could try a different area with a different setting.

I'd like to see a completely unrelated Bioshock title.  New character, new setting, no link to Ryan or Rapture.  But I suspect it will be a return to Rapture, either before or after the events of the first game.

- American Dad
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

Well they could always set it on a space station where things went horribly wrong.  Oh wait.  Tongue   icon_twisted
Delraich
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on June 06, 2008, 07:12:13 AM

I'd like to see a completely unrelated Bioshock title.  New character, new setting, no link to Ryan or Rapture. 

I agree, but why call it Bioshock then? I do not like it when sequels kind of force a new story. If it relates to the earlier game, it needs to make some assumptions on how the player experienced that game, which may be completely different from how I saw it. Nope, better make a whole new one.

Besides with the Pirates of the Bioshock movies coming, they might be better off giving it a new name  Tongue
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »

Quote from: Delraich on June 06, 2008, 08:11:26 AM

Quote from: Sarkus on June 06, 2008, 07:12:13 AM

I'd like to see a completely unrelated Bioshock title.  New character, new setting, no link to Ryan or Rapture. 

I agree, but why call it Bioshock then? I do not like it when sequels kind of force a new story. If it relates to the earlier game, it needs to make some assumptions on how the player experienced that game, which may be completely different from how I saw it. Nope, better make a whole new one.

Besides with the Pirates of the Bioshock movies coming, they might be better off giving it a new name  Tongue

I don't think you have to follow that formula of games being true sequels.  Final Fantasy is an example of a game series that doesn't fall into that trap.

I just think going back to Rapture is unlikely to be all that interesting.  Any storyline they come up with would seem forced, IMHO.  And the other idea, of using similar closed locales (space, etc.) and trying to link them to the previous story would also be weird.

- American Dad
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 06, 2008, 08:11:00 AM

Well they could always set it on a space station where things went horribly wrong.  Oh wait.  Tongue   icon_twisted

Ohhh, with a mad AI named NADOHS or something as the evil villain... slywink

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Quote from: Atragon on June 06, 2008, 11:57:25 AM

I would SO play that!  icon_twisted

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 06, 2008, 01:21:13 PM

Quote from: Atragon on June 06, 2008, 11:57:25 AM

I would SO play that!  icon_twisted

it'll never work.

Because I can,
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 11:15:44 PM »

Well, System Shock 2 was set in a completely different location, with completely different people, and a completely different storyline - with some pretty tenuous links to the first one (we just HAPPENED to jump in at the very planet where...). It worked ok, the focus was more on creepy craziness than on "OMG THIS IS SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAT THE FIRST ONE!"

I would like to see new enemies, creepier "mutations" and some neater plasmids. Kinda like - this guy has been using adam on animals and people, making horrible horrible hybirds - or something like that. Truth of the matter is, you get a nice disgusting voice over and horrific models and textures and you have 1/2 the story written (seriously, I love SS2, but cyborg nannies?! That needed no story, it was just awful).

Bael
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 12:20:15 AM »

it'll need evil monkeys.

Because I can,
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 02:31:17 AM »

I loved Bioshock, and its setting.

However, I recently got back into System Shock 2 (and made it far past the point at which I kept getting stuck before), and despite its dated graphics (or maybe because of the Dark Engine, which I love), I am currently of the opinion that SS2 is the better game.

Then again, I've always enjoyed the retro stuff more, as a rule....up to a point.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »

No... it isn't a love of retro... System Shock 2 is clearly a better game.

And yes, evil monkey's are an essential part of you balanced breakfast (of brains and plasmids).

Bael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: