http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 08:57:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BiA Earned in Blood=co-op goodness!  (Read 1186 times)
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:18:18 AM »

Just got to play some co-op with Doomboy. Just by far the freaking coolest co-op I've ever played. The ai is just super intelligent in how it responds and counter attacks.

But the best part is working in tandem. You have your suppressing fire team and your assault team. I played assualt team and Doomy took the surpressing fire team and after a few hiccups we finally started working well together and it was a blast. I'd tell him we need to take that position he'd get his guys in position and start surpressing give me the go ahead and off goes my squad charging the enemy position. We'd take them hold the position and he'd move his guys in and so forth.

Just way to much fun, listen if any of you even remotely like co-op you have to play this gem of a game. The co-op is fun as hell, the gameplay is great, the graphics are amazing. The AI is brilliant, I can't say enough good things about this game.

Ascendent
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 03:27:22 AM »

Oh I had to add this bit.

We were defending a postion from waves of germans and holding our own. A new wave hits us, 6 or so guys move behind cover  and start shooting at us. So I move to flank them, and one spots me leaves cover and I start shooting him. Well the son of a bitch pulled a grenade out as he was going down.

With his dieing breath he  lurched forward and tossed a grenade into our position then fell foward. I watched this happen in horror as that grenade slowly floated towards our teams. I tried to get them out in time and was only able to get one before the grenade killed one of my guys.

I was in awe, mostly pissed but in awe that the AI thought to do that.

Ascendent
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:02:31 AM »

I hate to sound like a broken record, but these are exactly the type of stories Talk Strategy was set up for.  While some people go so far as to write in the first person using period jargon, some of the best stories are just people describing the fun they had in a gaming session.  Multiplayer is even better as you can get additional perspectives on the action.  I'll be happy to add a Brothers in Arms page if you guys are willing to write up your experience.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 04:11:50 AM »

You should try the multiplayer, it's 2v2 each with their own fireteam.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 10:09:55 AM »

Is the whole game playable in co-op? How`s it run on you hardware, and what is that? Question, Questions, Questions...heh. Thanks.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:48:50 PM »

The single player campaign is not playable in COOP mode.  Instead, the devs have included a bunch of skirmish maps, often based on the SP maps which you can play through in various ways, including COOP.

These skirmish maps, from what I played in the demo, are actually better than the SP campaign maps since they're made more open and you can fine tune the AI to your liking.  Adjusting things like their accuracy, movement, etc... on an individual basis.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 03:17:16 AM »

Yeah, the skirmish maps are pretty darn good.  There is often more than one way to get from point A to point B.  Which can be a very bad thing, since the enemy soldiers are pretty darn clever, even on the lowest settings.

I think it will require a fairly beefy rig to get the most out of the game though.  My old P4 2.6 with a GeForce 5900XT had problems.  I had a weird "floaty" feeling while playing it, and it was pretty impossible to overcome that.  Try the demo first.  It is a pretty good indication of how the game will play...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 06:11:30 PM »

One annoyance we have both noticed since starting in on the german co-op missions is that the other german npcs are very loud.  I don't know why it is.  But they are much louder than the american soldiers in your squad in the american missions.

I have a theory that they are loud so that when you are playing the american side, you can hear the germans coming.

They also have a lot of things to say.  But they say it all in german, which means I have almost no idea what they are saying very loudly in my ear.  So they are constantly shouting german in my ear and I don't know what they are saying.  Seriously, I mean constantly.  They won't shut up.

It got so bad at one point in a mission that we both had to order our squads to stay in one place so we could go off and have a strategy talk in peace and quiet.

Its a shame too, because the german missions seem to be more tactical than the american missions were.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: