http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:24:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BF2 Sqaud Needs More Players!  (Read 2555 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »

Ascendant and I are playing in a squad on Hark's server on a regular basis, and we need more people in it!

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 08:01:39 PM »

I'll join as often as I can. smile  I found out that I'm a great sniper...who'dve thunk it.

Oh yea, I do well as a commander too. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

I've got to paypal some money to Harkonis to justify the number of times he's kicked people for me. smile  I played with you about a week ago, and it was great.  I was wondering why you didn't respond to what I was saying.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 08:33:13 PM »

I just can't seem to get the ingame chat stuff to work.  So TS is the only answer.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »

I'll gladly join your squad if everyone chips in and buys me a copy of the game.   :wink:

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 10:44:54 PM »

Well, I would love to join Hark's server but $25-30 a month is just too steep for moi.  Is there a schedule of when people are playing or is it just whenever and whoever?  Do we have a regular 'bowling night' that we play?  I doubt it since we all live in such diverse timezones, but gotta ask.  I have always found these things hard to coordinate because of that and end up never playing with you guys because of it.  

Here's for hoping we meet out there.  By the way, I am Hebgbz in BF2.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 11:06:10 PM »

I don't ever remember $25-30 being talked about...I thought it was $5 a seat or something.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:11:46 AM »

Well, I am on the west coast, and have no job so I can play anytime, and Ascendant is on the east coast, and he has night school twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

We usually manage to squeeze some time in when he gets back from there around 10:35 his time, 7:35 my time.

Other than that, it is usually sometime between 5 PM PST and 9 PM PST that we play.

So, we just kinda play when we are on.  It is going to be very hard for me to play Friday nights (battlestar galactica!!!!), but I am going to try and hope that the recorder doesn't break down.

We have been discussing sending Harkonis money so that we can get on the "Don't Kick To Let Others In" list, but we haven't done so yet.

So it looks like this Friday night might be the best chance at it.  Starting at 5 PMish PST I will try to get myself and Ascendant online and with a squad.  It would be cool to have a full squad communicating and performing as a unit.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 03:57:45 AM »

I would gladly join your TS squad, but I can't since I (and my other admins) will have to stay in the OO TS to be able to boot people when requested.

edit: oh, and the donation is whatever you feel is good enough.  Some people have donated up to $30, but most donate $10.  $10 is a less than most MMORPG fees, and I think BF2 is quite a bit more fun than that. slywink

Plus the more people we get, the less each one needs to give to keep it going.

Why do you two not want to use the OO TS for your squad?
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 06:36:59 AM »

Well, it requires signing up, sending PMs, getting passwords and addresses and what not, and I already had a TS server going for other games, so it just seemed easier to use that.

Plus, we would feel guilty about not forking over server money yet while using it.

Neither of us is very organized.

I think we will probably get to it eventually though.  Once one of us decides to.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 02:11:14 PM »

The TS server is run by OO, it's not part of the HH server.  (therefore it's 'free' to use, not that I charge to use my server either heh)

If you have a OO account, that's all that's needed to use the OO TS.  We need a passworded TS so that not just anyone can join and ask for me to make room for them.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 05:04:37 PM »

Well, I am on the west coast, and have no job so I can play anytime

*laughs* don't believe it, Doomy is part zombie I swear he sleeps more then anyone I know. Not ready to function before noon.

Yeah I'm sure I've squaded with most of you before, with ts server it'll be that much better. As for the OO ts server well I curse like a sailor and I don't feel comfortable subjecting anyone on the ts server to it. Now if you were to join ours...all bets are off *laughs*

Ascendent
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 10:19:35 PM »

also we use msn to hook up before we game feel free to add me to your list. [email protected]

Ascendent
karapcik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 03:22:13 AM »

Stupid question, BUT I'll ask anyway....

I seem to be off version to join the servers mentioned (Danza/Hark).

Is this due to the 01.01 patch debacle? Or is it me?

Even though I'm horrible (at this point), I promise not to shoot anyone on my team  :lol:

P.S. - I'd even be interested in paying for a seat if I could get on the server
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 06:13:07 PM »

Since BF2 went and dropped in price, I'd be in for some organized matches if you'd have me.  Only problem is, I'm stuck on 56k for a little while due to cable billing issues (fuckers were hiding charges, to make a long story short, I'm looking for a new provider).

Anyway, I assume you guys use voice comm?  I think my local CC had some BF2 preorder boxes left over, and if they did, I was going to pick one up with the game and see if they'd give it to me for free when I bought BF2 (since the preorder box comes with a headset).

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 08:55:26 PM »

Yeah, we use Teamspeak to work out the best ways to commit mass suicide by charging the enemy.

Especially since we can't seem to get the voice com in game working.

Harkonis and the OOs have their own Teamspeak server, and they keep encouraging us to use theirs, but we still haven't sent him any money for server upkeep yet.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 08:58:51 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Yeah, we use Teamspeak to work out the best ways to commit mass suicide by charging the enemy.

I think the address for the teamspeak server we use is in the first post.

You will have to download the client and set it up.  Pretty good program.  I use my server for all sorts of games.  But it is really helpful in this sort of game.

Especially since we can't seem to get the voice com in game working.

Harkonis and the OOs have their own Teamspeak server, and they keep encouraging us to use theirs, but we still haven't sent him any money for server upkeep yet.

Yes, we would be glad to have people on our squad, and it would be easier to play if they were all using teamspeak with us on our server, so we could coordinate things better.

You keep using this money thing as an excuse. Its a non-issue. Just about everybody EXCEPT you two use the OO TS server-its free, requires no monetary contribution, and when the server gets crowded there are often 5-8 of us on there. If you dont want to join it, fine, but there is no real need to try to get more people split up over voice by getting them to your channel. It takes one PM and a dl to get on the CG/OO TS server, and it is far more practical to join the majority of us on there so we can actually communicate effectively. LE, if you need help getting such a pass from CD-let me know, I am sure he is not going to care about the other crap.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 09:14:05 PM »

Yeah, you're better off joining the OO Teamspeak server anyway.  I don't play online all that often anyway, and I don't think Ascendant does either, so I suppose it is better to join the one that has players most of the time.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 09:19:19 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Yeah, you're better off joining the OO Teamspeak server anyway.  I don't play online all that often anyway, and I don't think Ascendant does either, so I suppose it is better to join the one that has players most of the time.

And the reason you guys wont join is...?
I think the whole point is that we want us all to be on the same channel, and we dont get why you two refuse.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 10:32:05 PM »

Well, since you asked, I don't use press to talk, it is an annoyance while I am being shot at.  I also like to curse while I am getting killed.  A lot.

On another person's server, these things are bad.  On my server, I don't worry about offending anyone with my screams and curses.  And grouching.

Those are the main reasons for not joining another server.  I also would feel very self-concious while on their server, which would make me even worse at shooting things.

But, you are right, the other server is better for the average console gold player to join.  There will be people on there and playing the game more often than there will be people on my server.  I intended it to be more of a "people in my squad talking" rather than a "people from console gold talking" thing.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 12:36:40 AM »

Yeah Rage, I might be into that.  I got one of the BF2 preorder boxes from CC for 0.01, so I have a headset now.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 03:13:59 PM »

So, should I update to 1.02 or not?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 03:39:36 PM »

Yep.  1.02 seems stable.  Fixed a lot of my issues. smile (not the mental ones though)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 05:24:40 PM »

The TS server is already setup for a USMC and a OPFOR channel, if people would use them that might help smile
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 05:31:44 PM »

Okay, I am all set up for the OO teamspeak server.

Is it possible to make subchannels in the channels?  So that a squad can communicate just with itself?

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 05:35:31 PM »

I believe that I heard that was ok.  They aren't permanent channels so I'm not sure why you couldn't. smile

BTW, got my stripe and my first unlock.  Upgraded sniper rifle = more kills for KS.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 05:38:29 PM »

Just in case someone's still confused

Hark's Hell and Tony Danza are two different BF2 servers.  Tony Danza is the #GG server (I think), and Hark's Hell is the OO/CG server.

(This refers to the Octopusoverlords multiplayer forum): The OO teamspeak server is a 3rd server.  PM charlie delta after reading the thread on it in the multiplayer forum with your uname and password and he'll set you up with an account, allow 24 hours.  That simple.

The OO teamspeak server is free.  No donations required or even accepted for it that i know of, it's just free...

The Hark's Hell BF 2 server will allow OO teamspeak members to join any time and will kick a non OO TS user or non paying member to make room for you to join if your in the OO teamspeak (must be an OO member to join that TS server).

The Hark's Hell server costs Harkonis $5 per seat to run per month (currently 32 seats = something like a 190 dollars a month).  Donations are welcome by Hark, who will need them to keep the server running from month to month.  If donations lag and the paypal account for the server runs out of cash, the server will cease to run.  Average donation according to hark is like 10 bucks.  Some have donated up to 30.

Hark's Hell is a 32 player ranked server currently running half 16 player maps and half 32 player maps.  Plans are to make the server 40 seats with all 32 player maps if the donations are strong enough.

Hark's Hell is running the 1.02 patch, and the easiest way to connect is to type in "Hark" in the name search of the in game brower and hit enter.  Seems to just pull up Hark's Hell for me.

Server House Rules for Hark's Hell are posted on www.harkonis.com in the main discussion forum.  Please read before playing.

Be sure to set your connection setting to "Cable" and NOT to T1/LAN.  This causes less overhead traffic and improves your lag situation greatly.  Again, set it to Cable, and NOT to T1/LAN no matter what.  Also be sure to turn OFF the VOIP in the audio settings since your using TS to communicate.  With these settings 1.02 appears to be lag free all the way through 64 players on a decent server with a decent client broadband connection.

Rename your BF2 movies to .backup to cause loading to go really fast and free up a lot more RAM for the game itself.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 06:22:51 PM »

We had some great matches yesterday smile

I actually C4'd a helicopter !

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 09:57:44 PM »

Played a little single player since the game just outright crashed multiplayer (guess it says no-no to 56k)...

I can do 'Medium' settings with a good framerate, the problem is, the game looks like blurry ass (gogo LCD monitor with default 1280x800 resolution).  I bumped it up to 1024x768, and it's better, but the game runs like a dog then.

Sigh.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 06:35:43 PM »

Eco logic has C4-diarhea. slywink  Honestly he puts C4 on EVERYTHING. heheh
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 06:58:05 PM »

I'm all about the water towers.  My new M95 and an ammo crate = love. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 05:38:51 PM »

I updated my drivers to the Omegacorner 5.6s, and the game runs much better now at 1024x768 with 'Medium' settings across the board.

The downside?  So far no cable providers I've contacted have service in my area -- just the jackasses who were overcharging me.  So I'm still stuck on 56k, ie, no multiplayer for me.   :cry:

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 06:50:40 PM »

Man Ihaven't played in like a week, MUST PLAY!!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2005, 07:29:28 PM »

Oh, apparently I can play with a 56k.  Just not particularly well, but it is possible, according to a few forums I've read.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: