http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:00:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BF Question  (Read 1159 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 10:02:36 PM »

What kind of mouse is everyone using
I have a regular 3 button mouse with the wheel
and ball.
I dont care for it much it always stick or get dirt build up
then It dont move right.
How are the laser ones?

XBox GAMERTAG:Juniordan     ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222  ()  ()  ()
PlayStation: Spinks      ()  ()  ()
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:08:50 PM »

I consider my laser mouse to be exactly like my cable modem:

I will never, ever, go back to anything older as far as technology goes.

IE: I can't imagine using my PC without either one.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:20:29 PM »

I'm very very impressed with my new Razer Diamondback.  It's not wireless, which IMHO is an advantage b/c the much lower weight makes it easier to do fine aiming.  Without a doubt I'm performing better in first person shooters after switching to this from my MX700.  (MX700 wireless is nice too, but I had issues with the recharger cradle, and its so heavy the inertia makes it hard to make really fine adjustments, like ridulous distance sniping in BF2.)
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:00:21 PM »

A nother problem I have with my mouse,is the mouse pads are never big enough.  when turning or flying I always seem to need more space than allowed.
Also is anyone using a joystick with the BF demo?
The key assignment dont colaborate right with mine (X,Y axis for pitch, turn and rudder).
Logitec wingman force feedback.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:05:07 PM »

Quote from: "juniordan"
A nother problem I have with my mouse,is the mouse pads are never big enough.  when turning or flying I always seem to need more space than allowed.

Here are three giant mousepads

Joysticks for a FPS=Insanity!  Though I think a couple of our UT2k4 fans began their careers using them.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 01:09:33 AM »

For a mouse I use the Logitec MX700.  I have had it for about 2 years I think maybe less and love it.

In BF I use the normal setup for everything except when flying planes or copters.  I have it setup to use my Logitec Extreme 3D Pro flight stick.  It works great.

I just keep my flight stick in front of my keyboard and when I jump into a plane I am all set.  It is programmed for thrust, steering and firing.

I tried forever on the BF1942 to just use the mouse and keyboard to fly but never could get good at it.  With the stick I can't say I am an ace but I can at least hold my own in BF1942 and the BF2 demo.

Pig
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 02:17:54 AM »

Joysticks for a FPS=Insanity! Though I think a couple of our UT2k4 fans began their careers using them.

I was talking about Flying, I wont dear try it in a FPS character.
only aviation.

In BF I use the normal setup for everything except when flying planes or copters. I have it setup to use my Logitec Extreme 3D Pro flight stick. It works great

What did you do.
defferent than what I am doing.
I go to Aircrafts I try to reassign keys but the axis part just wont get it correct pitch and role.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 02:42:05 AM »

I use a Microsoft optical mouse, have for years. Just as good in FPS' from all my testing. I could use a new one though-a wireless!!
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "juniordan"
Joysticks for a FPS=Insanity! Though I think a couple of our UT2k4 fans began their careers using them.

I was talking about Flying, I wont dear try it in a FPS character.
only aviation.

In BF I use the normal setup for everything except when flying planes or copters. I have it setup to use my Logitec Extreme 3D Pro flight stick. It works great

What did you do.
defferent than what I am doing.
I go to Aircrafts I try to reassign keys but the axis part just wont get it correct pitch and role.

What I did was went in to the control options for aircraft.  Then what I figured out was when you try to set your axis for the stick it actually does both at once.  So if I choose to map UP when I would set it with my stick it would also set the Down to the same axis.  The trick then is if you want to pull back on your stick to go up then you click on the UP and then pull back on your stick.  That will set the UP and Down correctly then.  It is the same thing for the rudder etc.

It took me a few trial and error tests to make sure I had everything set right.  After I made adjustments I would then go in and setup my own server to test by myself.

I hope that makes sense :lol:

Pig
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 03:18:23 PM »

going to pick up the full version in a few when it is all loaded up I will give it a try thanks for the info.
se ya on the battle feild.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 04:51:01 PM »

Mmm...Installing now.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57:19 PM »

Must....get...through...work....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 05:30:12 PM »

Debating uninstalling now. :/  http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=83178#83178

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 05:46:47 PM »

Well, it was talked about a while ago had some research been done.  Mods will probably add that stuff in.

From a chatlog via Gamespy:

[EA]ScottyRotten: Battlefield 2 is conquest only. We've been asked before why that is and the question is basically user interest. We measured the number of people playing the other game modes (Deathmatch, etc.) in BF1942 and the numbers were quite small. Therefore we decided on focusing on other parts of the game like the teamplay features.

I'm sure you can also have found that info on PlanetBattlefield's forum as I'm pretty sure I read it again and again on there pre-release.

So, you can blame the overwhelming conquest versus other modes in BF1942 for it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: