http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Divinity  (Read 1156 times)
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2004, 04:00:13 AM »

Is it any good?  For reference, I liked the first one.   Also does it have that copy protection that everyone hates?  If so, can I get a copy without it and where?

Who reads these anyway?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 04:36:54 AM »

It's not as good as the first one, no.  I initially enjoyed the game, and thought it was a "diamond in the rough," but it quickly lost momentum and I came to realize its poor quality.

It's not much like the first at all.

Yes, it uses Starforce.

No, you can't get a copy without it.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 08:03:18 AM »

Speaking of BD, they've just released the full strategy guide as a free download here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:11:17 AM »

this game got really slammed by fans of the first one. Disapointing really as the first was really good. oh and it also has the starforce virus =/
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 09:27:42 PM »

I have this and thought it was going to be Beyond Divinity 2 when I should have known better.  They basically took out the best parts of the 1st, added a second character to follow you around and threw in some lame random battlegrounds.  

On a side note Divine Divinity 2 is coming out and it appears to be quite good.  I'm afraid that Beyond Divinity may have really hurt them over here in the states though and the sales may prove that.
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 06:09:04 AM »

BD sucked.

Do not buy it. Save your money for DD 2.

The story has you tied to another character as you play. When that character dies you die and vise versa. So I guess the designers thought it would be fun worrying about keeping two people alive. After I got out of the main dungeron and on to open land the game mechanics just got to tedius.

Additionally the graphics were boring. I do not need valve quality graphic to be a happy gamer. But the graphic design was just boring. The visual diversity that was Divine Divinty was all gone. It was mostly hacking and slashing in some underground liar. And then there is this lame alternate world where you can level up your characters. and then there is the lame character advancement system.

I'm glad you reminded me of this because I still have it on my hard drive. I will never replay or finish that game. Time to unistall. Ultimately, this game was so bad, it will take a tremendous word of mouth for me to buy DD 2.

NOTE: Divine Divinty is one of my top 25 games of all time.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 03:32:37 PM »

Here's another one who didn't think too highly of it and then when I found it had Starforce on it I deleted it and it will never be back on my HD.

Ye Olde Farte
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: