http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:11:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to buy a PS2 locally  (Read 1024 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2006, 03:13:39 AM »

So my brother is jealous of my ps2 since all he has had is a Xbox, and now he's wanting to pick one up for Guitar Hero.

So where is the best place to buy a new system?  His concern is the best place to return or exchange in case it malfunctions.  He had a tough time with his Xbox a couple years back and he's wanting to try and avoid any potential headaches.

He doesn't have a Costco locally, so that is not an option.  He's looking at Best But, Sams Club, EB, and Wal Mart.  I was thinking Wal Mart, but i know EB and BB has those extended warranties, but he is not thrilled about having to spend more on that.  What is his best option?

And oh, my wife freakin loves Guitar Hero!  First video game she played more than once and spent more than 5 minutes with.

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »

Wal-Mart. Yea umm, Wal-Mart.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »

so you can return them there pretty easily without hassle even after an extended period of time?

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 12:46:22 PM »

I think walmart gives you a 30 day return period. They definitely have the best return policy though, you could walk back in 2 weeks later from just being bored of your ps2 and make up anything and they'll take it back and give you another one or refund you.

If you were in Florida or Georgia I'd suggest Brandsmart as they've got another special going on, $98.88 for a brand new PS2. Same deal as walmart - 30 day return period for any reason, even if "not satisfied".

If you havent experienced any probelms with the ps2 in the first 30 days it's safe to assume that you've got a good one, I've been through a coupe slim ps2s so far and havent had any problems.
For the 360 on the other hand, I'd definitely go with some kind of extended warranty.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »

he's down in the Tampa area so i'll tell him Wal Mart then. 

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 05:08:31 PM »

I wouldn't be suprised if Wal-Mart had an extended service plan like Best Buy as well.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

I dont know about the US Wal-Mart policy. But in Canada you can basically return anything after any amount of time, as long as you have the bill of sale.

I took Burnout 3 back after I wrapped it and I got 59 dollars back. That was after about a month and a half.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

I'd say Costco, but I doubt they'd have any PS2s locally.

PSN ID: EduardoX
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 12:35:45 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on October 07, 2006, 01:37:29 PM

he's down in the Tampa area so i'll tell him Wal Mart then. 

Last time I looked Tampa was in Florida, so maybe it's worth checking out that Brandsmart store corruptrelic mentioned since that sale it is $30 cheaper than normal price.  I wish that wasn't such a regional store or I'd probably end up buying one, too. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:43 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on October 07, 2006, 11:07:01 PM

I'd say Costco, but I doubt they'd have any PS2s locally.

They do, most do.. PS2 is a continuing carry item until the PS3 arrives.  Mine just got a brand new shipment in of the GT4 pack.  (PS2 Slim + 2 Memory Cards + 2 Controllers + GT4) and I think something else.. About $199.. Not bad figuring 129+35+25+20 = $210 normally if you picked em up seperate, and includes lifetime return policy (trade it up for a PS3 later).

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 03:12:42 AM »

As i mentioned, he has no Costco locally and Brandsmart is not near him as well.  I think he's going with Wally World i believe.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 03:36:24 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on October 08, 2006, 03:12:42 AM

As i mentioned, he has no Costco locally and Brandsmart is not near him as well.  I think he's going with Wally World i believe.
Reading is hard.

PSN ID: EduardoX
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 05:28:21 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on October 08, 2006, 03:36:24 AM

Quote from: Xmann on October 08, 2006, 03:12:42 AM

Reading is hard.

To be fair, he only mentioned a few stores he was considering and never mentioned that there was no BrandSmart near him.  I was just going by corrupt's claim that BS was a Florida/Georgia chain and the fact that Tampa is a significant metro area.  And it looks like there are a couple Costco's within a 15 mile area of Tampa, also.  If the only advice sought was between a certain set of retail stores with no sales or warranties then I fail to see the point of seeking advice. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 01:01:24 PM »

Well he doesn't live in Tampa, more like out of Tampa.  I just made a broad statement since that is the largest city he lives outside of.  The reason i asked was because although Wal Mart and other places have limited warranties, some are easier than others to return in case you need to.  That is why i asked.   I knew someone would mention Costco and since he's not up to driving 45 minutes for a ps2, i mentioned that it wasnt an option.  BS is a Florida/Georgia chain, but they only have a few stores (5 in Fl i believe), nothing like EB/Gamestop has.

Regardless, my intention wasnt to hit a nerve or argue with someone, just some friendly advice.  I appreciate all the help.  He went and got his system from Wal Mart.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: