http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:23:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Game Ever Thread  (Read 4692 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2007, 07:24:56 AM »

Quote from: warning on September 13, 2007, 02:40:10 AM

Quote from: TC Weidner on September 13, 2007, 01:39:11 AM

I was a freshmen in college and I would drive home certain weekends, and miss the parties etc all so I could play "Bard's Tale" with my older brother.  He has passed on now, and to me the memories of us playing that awesome game together are priceless.  So for me, its without a doubt BARDS TALE

Ooh great choice.  I loved Bard's Tale.  I spent way too much time in college playing that instead of studying Psych.

me and my friends spent a couple of summer playing Bards Tale 2 & 3- we all pitched in for 1 copy of BT3 and I was in charge of duplicating the code wheels.  yargh, the days of ye olde Fast Hackem.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:39 AM »

I was a freshmen in college and I would drive home certain weekends, and miss the parties etc all so I could play "Bard's Tale" with my older brother.  He has passed on now, and to me the memories of us playing that awesome game together are priceless.  So for me, its without a doubt BARDS TALE

Fantastic memories indeed.  Great choice.  I have a bad memory, was this before or after automapping?  I'm trying to remember if this was one of those great games I pulled out the graph paper for or not.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 13, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

Fantastic memories indeed.  Great choice.  I have a bad memory, was this before or after automapping?  I'm trying to remember if this was one of those great games I pulled out the graph paper for or not.

It was before automapping, much graph paper was consumed.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »

TC wins the thread.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2007, 01:54:03 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 13, 2007, 01:45:12 PM

TC wins the thread.

Agreed. Memories come in all sorts of packages........I like yours.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2007, 02:25:42 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 13, 2007, 01:41:29 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on September 13, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

It was before automapping, much graph paper was consumed.

it was always great when you made maps but forgot to label what they were for  icon_redface

Because I can,
unbreakable
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »

Yes, the first Bards Tale is definitely one of the Best EVAR.  I remember spending much time after school playing that in the computer lab.

Strangely, nobody there ever really used graph paper, everyone just played from memory.  Needless to say, nobody got very far.  I think of all those people, I was the only person to ever finish the game... and that was something I did at home with the C64 version (at school we were using, like almost all schools, the Apple IIc.  High tech stuff!).  But that was because at home I started using graph paper at home.

I always associate graph paper with Dungeons and Dragons (to the dismay of mathematicians and engineers everywhere, no doubt), so never really used it at school.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:45:53 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2007, 02:49:49 PM »

and that was before there were "attacks of opportunity".

But that isn't the best game ever.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2007, 12:34:36 AM »

Easy choice for me...

Freespace 2
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2007, 02:15:26 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on September 17, 2007, 12:34:36 AM

Easy choice for me...

Freespace 2

they have that on Gametap (and the first one too)-  I really have to try it to see why everyone loves it.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: