http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 12:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best fighting game for 360  (Read 630 times)
marcusjm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »

Unless I missed something. The 3 big ones are Soul Calibur IV, VF 5 and DOA. I should ald
mention SFIV but it isn't out yet.

Which of these are most fun online and do you really need a fighting stick to have even a shadow of
a chance online against the good players?

Btw. What are the chances of seeing an actual Kung Fu/Karate game for a console? If boxing games and wrestling work why
shouldn't martial arts?

Worst case they could always bring IK+ or Exploding Fist to XBLA smile.

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »

I find Street Fighter 2 HD to be the best.  I have SC4 and DOA but never got into them.

I still lose a lot with my HORI sticks but it's a hell of a lot more fun than the 360 controller.
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

I totally forgot about Tekken 6 coming soon. This game should give SCIV a run for it's money.
Hopefully it is playable with the default controller, I have no place for huge controllers.

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »

Absolutely love Street Fighter HD Remix, and I'm eagerly awaiting the SFIV release.  I've always preferred 2d fighters, though, so my opinion's a little skewed.  People seem to really like the latest Soul Calibur as well.

You can get by with the regular Xbox controller if you use the analog stick--the d-pad is just too horrible to deal with--but the experience is so very much better with an arcade stick.

If even the Hori stick is "huge" to you (seems pretty compact to me, and fits neatly in one of my coffee table cubby holes) then you should really look into the new Fightpads coming out for SFIV.  They have six buttons on the face so you don't have to use any shoulder buttons, and early reports say the d-pad is almost exactly like the much loved Sega Saturn d-pad.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »

I could be in the minority here, but I've heard positive feedback about Mortal Kombat Vs. DC.  Friends have all commented on how much fun the game can be, and they've even mentioned an entertaining storyline as well.  I know little about how it fares online (or if it even has an online component), and unfortunately I haven't played it myself, but friends have all mentioned how much fun they've had with it.  At least it's another title to add to your list of comparisons.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 05, 2009, 03:02:54 PM

I could be in the minority here, but I've heard positive feedback about Mortal Kombat Vs. DC.  Friends have all commented on how much fun the game can be, and they've even mentioned an entertaining storyline as well.  I know little about how it fares online (or if it even has an online component), and unfortunately I haven't played it myself, but friends have all mentioned how much fun they've had with it.  At least it's another title to add to your list of comparisons.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.  It's nothing buy fanboy service, but it's damned entertaining.  However, if you're looking for fighting depth, MKvDC might not fit the bill.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »

It's going to be Street Fighter IV.  I have my Street Fighter Tournament Edition stick on preorder and am anxiously awaiting.  Soul Calibur 4 was pretty fun, though I had it on the PS3.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 05:53:15 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 05, 2009, 03:02:54 PM

Hmm, I've been avoiding it because of the meh reviews and impressions.  I do like Mortal Kombat games though so I will keep an eye out for a cheap copy of the game. 

I wish they would make another co-op story mode MK game.  The one that came out for PS2 (or was it Xbox) was a lot of fun local co-op.  But I might be the only one who played that game  retard
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »

I've enjoyed all of the games mentioned. They're all in long-running series and you basically should know what to expect from each of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: