http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 11:55:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatles: Rock Band  (Read 19257 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

and no Eleanor Rigby.

Quote from: Chaz on August 14, 2009, 03:00:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2009, 02:53:09 PM

they don't have the actual Yellow Submarine song?

"Yellow Submarine" isn't the actual Yellow Submarine song?

NM, I was looking for it under the wrong album.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »

I'm actually a little bummed to see "Hey, Bulldog" without "All Together Now" and I'd love to see "Hide Your Love Away" and, actually, "Help!" from "Help!"

But I'm not really complaining.  It looks like a good list.  And I'm sure they'll be adding songs as we go.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »

I'm kind of torn on this game.

I have doubts about how fun the songs will be to play more than once.  I'm not enough of a Beatles fan to buy just for fan service.

God help me, but I am considering getting Guitar Hero 5 instead.  Especially now that they have announced backwards DLC compatibility and free GH Van Halen with purchase.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on August 14, 2009, 05:47:09 PM

God help me, but I am considering getting Guitar Hero 5 instead.  Especially now that they have announced backwards DLC compatibility and free GH Van Halen with purchase.

I was thinking the same thing for the same reasons. Plus, I just saw the Shirley Manson Guitar Hero 5 trailer. Wooo! I have to say they've come a long way from the puppet like Team America animations.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2009, 07:04:58 PM »

Quote from: raydude on August 14, 2009, 06:33:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing for the same reasons. Plus, I just saw the Shirley Manson Guitar Hero 5 trailer. Wooo! I have to say they've come a long way from the puppet like Team America animations.

I'm thinking about both.  Enough of a Beatles fan for this, but the new modes in GH5 (especially Wii version) + get GH:VH free with the purchase have me thinking about ways to save my pennies.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »

I just preordered GH5 for the same reason.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »

I have doubts about how fun the songs will be to play more than once.  I'm not enough of a Beatles fan to buy just for fan service.

that's how I feel, except I refuse to buy a guitar hero game. Also the fact that we can't import the song is a HUGE knock against getting it. I think i'd want to play a few beatles and then play the other songs. no thanks to swapping discs. maybe when the game is 20-30 i'll get it. but no way right now. so much other stuff is coming out even with half of the games on delay.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:50 AM »

I'm still so IN on this it is silly.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on August 15, 2009, 12:41:50 AM

I'm still so IN on this it is silly.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2009, 05:04:29 AM »

Can't wait, I think this is going to be a blast.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2009, 05:11:17 AM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on August 14, 2009, 07:33:46 PM

I just preordered GH5 for the same reason.

I was going to pass on GH5 for now, but I'm probably going to grab the guitar kit.  GH5, GH:VH and a new guitar for 100 bucks is too good a deal to pass up.  The Beatles may end up being bought sooner than later, ever since I inflicted the move Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band starring the BeeGee's on my self I've been feeling the need to cleanse the pallet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:13:00 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on August 14, 2009, 07:57:41 PM

that's how I feel, except I refuse to buy a guitar hero game. Also the fact that we can't import the song is a HUGE knock against getting it. I think i'd want to play a few beatles and then play the other songs. no thanks to swapping discs. maybe when the game is 20-30 i'll get it. but no way right now. so much other stuff is coming out even with half of the games on delay.

My understanding is that you can import (at least most of) the disc tracks from GH:WT and GH:SH to GH5.  Someone mentioned the exceptions are the Jimi Hendrix tracks.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »

Quote from: sgoldj on August 15, 2009, 12:19:51 PM

My understanding is that you can import (at least most of) the disc tracks from GH:WT and GH:SH to GH5.  Someone mentioned the exceptions are the Jimi Hendrix tracks.

I believe he was talking about not being able to import the Beatles songs into normal Rock Band.  Again, though, this isn't a design decision or anything like that.  It is strictly a legal thing, most probably.  If you've read the article in the NY Times about this game, you can see how much effort they put into packaging this game around a "Beatles experience" and also how much control "The Shareholders" have over this game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »

Singstar Beatles?  an instrument free PS3 exclusive title?

doesn't that seem kinda redundant?

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 18, 2009, 02:53:20 PM

Singstar is pretty popular and so people with that can now sing Beatles tunes and not have to worry about guitars and drums.  Just basically a Karaoke title.  Makes sense to me.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on August 18, 2009, 02:55:55 PM

Singstar is pretty popular and so people with that can now sing Beatles tunes and not have to worry about guitars and drums.  Just basically a Karaoke title.  Makes sense to me.

it just seems that MTV is diluting possible sales of the Rock Band version of the game, especially since you can buy the game without instruments anyways.  aren't Singstar games 50 to 60 bucks on release anyways?

Because I can,
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »

Michelle?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 18, 2009, 03:02:53 PM

Quote from: The Grue on August 18, 2009, 02:55:55 PM

it just seems that MTV is diluting possible sales of the Rock Band version of the game, especially since you can buy the game without instruments anyways.  aren't Singstar games 50 to 60 bucks on release anyways?

I agree.  Just sell RB: Beatles with 3 microphones and you basically have the same thing.  I guess MTV gets the money either way.  But it does splinter the marker for future DLC.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »

Looks like this was all a misheard rumor. 

It was a B:RB microphone pack that Harmonix were thinking of putting out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/19/rumored-singstar-beatles-is-a-beatles-rock-band-microphone-p/

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »

info on the DLC.  looks to be one album per month.

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »

A Question about the Album DLCs:

How is it going t work with the songs that are already part of the disc?  Example:  When I get Abby Road, will "Octopus' Garden", "COme Together", "I Want You", "Something", and "Here Comes the Sun" be replaced or read off the disc?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »

I'm not sure how I feel about this DLC. Rock Band 2 had about 80 tracks on the disc for $60 (standalone version). Rock Band: Beatles is only going to have 45 songs for the same price, but they will be releasing DLC soon afterwards. Why couldn't they include these songs on the disc? Yes, I know it's about $$$, but that doesn't mean I still can't think it's a lame attempt at a cash grab.

I'll probably get the game, but I doubt very much I'll get the DLC with the exception of a must-have song or two.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on August 20, 2009, 01:11:27 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this DLC. Rock Band 2 had about 80 tracks on the disc for $60 (standalone version). Rock Band: Beatles is only going to have 45 songs for the same price, but they will be releasing DLC soon afterwards. Why couldn't they include these songs on the disc? Yes, I know it's about $$$, but that doesn't mean I still can't think it's a lame attempt at a cash grab.

I agree with this.  45 songs for $60 seems a little off to me.  I mean it's not like they don't have the licenses or ability to put more in the game.  It seems like they held out alot of songs just to be able to sell them as DLC.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »

When you download the Abbey Road DLC, they are saying that you can play the entire B-side of the album as one track.

IN.  drool

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on August 20, 2009, 01:33:13 PM

Quote from: JayDee on August 20, 2009, 01:11:27 PM

I agree with this.  45 songs for $60 seems a little off to me.  I mean it's not like they don't have the licenses or ability to put more in the game.  It seems like they held out alot of songs just to be able to sell them as DLC.

I'm thinking it's likely that the visual experience for each song is a little more involved in RB: Beatles- i.e. not randomly selected from the pool like RB/RB2, but rather tied more directly into the style and lyrical content.  That may justify it.

Also, the licensing fees for the Beatles music are probably significantly more....

Mike Dunn
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2009, 03:17:07 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 20, 2009, 04:47:48 PM

I'm thinking it's likely that the visual experience for each song is a little more involved in RB: Beatles- i.e. not randomly selected from the pool like RB/RB2, but rather tied more directly into the style and lyrical content.  That may justify it.

And it looks like I was right:
http://rockbandaide.com/the-beatles-rock-band-album-dlc-details/
As a side note, I talked with HarmonixSean this weekend at the Fest for Beatles Fans in Chicago, and he told me that all Beatles DLC will have NEW DREAMSCAPES (costumes, environments, etc.)!  I think this makes the $1.99 per DLC track price a pretty darn good deal (excuse the harsh language… I get excited).

Mike Dunn
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2009, 01:02:42 PM »

Just wanted to clarify something about the multiple vocals. Do you need a separate microphone for each singer, or can two people lean over and sing into the same mic and have the game pick out the two voices?

I'm guessing multiple mics are required, but wanted to make sure before I go and buy some more.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »

You need one mic per person.  While having two singers lean into one mic would be awesome, the technical end of getting that to happen would be immense.  I'd check Gamestops for used ones right now, as they're pretty cheap.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 20, 2009, 04:47:48 PM

Also, the licensing fees for the Beatles music are probably significantly more....

Yeah, I'm gonna go with that line of thought as well - it can't be cheap at all to license Beatles music for any reason.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 30, 2009, 04:02:21 PM

You need one mic per person.  While having two singers lean into one mic would be awesome, the technical end of getting that to happen would be immense.  I'd check Gamestops for used ones right now, as they're pretty cheap.

While we're on the mic thing, any idea when that patch for getting the LiPS mics to work with RB will be out?  Will that work with Beatles:RB?

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 30, 2009, 06:37:11 PM

While we're on the mic thing, any idea when that patch for getting the LiPS mics to work with RB will be out?  Will that work with Beatles:RB?

I have actually seen pics on the latest RB articles published that had the Lips mics in use.

Mike Dunn
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 30, 2009, 06:37:11 PM

Lips mics work for Beatles already.  I'm not sure what the status is of the patch to get them working in RB2 is.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

I should totally get mic stands too.  Playing while singing...that would be awesome.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on August 31, 2009, 07:49:39 PM

I should totally get mic stands too.  Playing while singing...that would be awesome.

keeping an eye on both the words and the notes would drive me crazy.

er.

Because I can,
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 31, 2009, 07:51:40 PM

Quote from: Eel Snave on August 31, 2009, 07:49:39 PM

keeping an eye on both the words and the notes would drive me crazy.

er.

I recently got a mic stand to do this after doing it a lot during production of The Beatles.  It really is a blast.  Obviously, you'd mostly do it for songs that you have pretty much memorized, and I usually bump the difficulties down a notch or two from where I usually play to compensate for the extra difficulty.  Also, having the vocals set to static instead of scrolling helps, since usually I just need a reminder about what the next line is, and having the whole thing there at once lets me do that.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

According to Worthplaying, the final song is "The End".

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2009, 09:17:09 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2009, 08:54:08 PM

A little anticlimactic.  I'm still mad that "Yer Blues" isn't in there.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

it's awesome that they'd cap it off with a song by The Doors  icon_twisted

Because I can,
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2009, 08:54:08 PM

Probably should have put a spoiler tag on that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »

some easter eggs.  this one sounds cool:

During or just after "Eleanor Rigby," if you press X for five seconds, let it go, and then move the left stick to the left while pressing Y, John Lennon will retract his apology to the Vatican for implying that the Beatles were bigger than Christianity.

icon_lol

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: