http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2015, 07:24:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefront 3 finally announced!  (Read 2998 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »

If you want to be with me Solo,
there's a price to pay
I'm a princess in a battle
You gotta join the Rebel Way

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 06:46:56 AM »

2015 release alongside new movie

No surprises there,but still ages off..but at least its happening

means it will be 10 years between Star Wars Battlefront II and the new Star Wars Battlefront

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »

That is actually a really good plan. Make a good game from a team that knows how to make this style of game, and release it with what is hopefully a big new blockbuster.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »

excellent plan!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »

OXM

Star Wars: Battlefront vehicles confirmed - DICE wants to do "what Arkham Asylum did for Batman"
"We have access to everything that was done during the LucasArts era."

DICE wants to pull off a full-scale, Batman: Arkham Asylum-style franchise turnaround with Star Wars: Battlefront, EA's games label boss Patrick Soderlund has told Polygon, and has access to the Battlefront 3 prototypes created at Free Radical before the latter went bust.

"We didn't toss anything out," he said. "We're looking at the old games. We have access to everything that was done during the LucasArts era. But we do want to take our own stance."

This may come as some consolation to the likes of former Free Radical boss Steve Ellis, who in April 2012 accused LucasArts of "effectively [canning] a game that was finished". An hour of pre-alpha Battlefront 3 gameplay appeared on the internet a few months later - it's now been pulled following a copyright claim by LucasFilm.

Soderlund was unable to share much about the new Battlefront, which will run on Battlefield 4's engine, but did confirm that certain iconic Star Wars vehicles would make the cut. "It's going to take awhile," he said. "We just announced the license and showed a sneak peek of Hoth. The speeder and the AT-AT will be in [the game] for sure."

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 04:49:35 PM »

c'mon DICE, you can do it!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »

I need to follow updates for this more closely and start getting excited..although if the film has been put back,i wonder if the game has been put back as well?(that is if it has any of the film content/places in the game)

anyway,saw this on their twitter feed,small things like this all count towards the excitement

David and Samuel @samueljustice, Sound Designers. Debating over that perfect sound. #onlyatDICE

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »

Funny/sad seeing Ceekay and MO posts in this. 

Release date promised for "Holiday 2015"

paulstraytalker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »

Won't believe it until it nears the release date.  But I hope it will be able to keep up with most of the changes that have happened to FPS/MP games since SWBF and SWBFII.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »

looks like we are getting an early look soon.

Star Wars Battlefront will be taking part in Star Wars™ Celebration next month in Anaheim, CA from April 16-19

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 19, 2015, 08:50:45 PM

looks like we are getting an early look soon.

Star Wars Battlefront will be taking part in Star Wars™ Celebration next month in Anaheim, CA from April 16-19

I'm so stoked to see this!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/17/8443757/star-wars-battlefront-leak-confirmed

Star Wars Battlefront, which hits Nov. 17 on the PS4, Windows PC and Xbox One, will focus on Rebel versus Empire firefights between up to 40 players on the ground and in an array of Star Wars vehicles, according to an AP report.

The game's demo, which was shown off during Star Wars Celebration under an embargo that lifts later today at, included jetpacks, speeders, walkers and AT-ATs.

Star Wars Battlefront storm trooper image
Locations mentioned in the story include Endor, Hoth, Tatooine and Sullust. Players who rack up enough in-game points will be able to take on the role of iconic characters like Boba Fett and Darth Vader on the battlefield, according to the story.

The game will also support TIE Fighter, X-wing and Millennium Falcon dogfights.

Finally, according to the AP, the game will be getting a free downloadable level, set on Jakku, available two weeks before Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters Dec. 18.

Make sure to check back at 1:30 p.m. ET for our full report and stories on our time with the game once the embargo lifts.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »

Bummer about the lack of a single player campaign.  I kind of hoped they would continue the 501st Legion from BF2.  I also hope they bump the player count up to 64 as the scale of the maps could be larger.  Can't wait to see the gameplay trailer.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »

Trailer   Showing in game visuals on a PS4.  Game looks awesome

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »

"Game engine" visuals, not actual gameplay.   icon_mad thumbsdown

I also don't understand why they aren't doing at least 64 players, since Battlefield can finally do that on consoles with dedicated servers. 
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »

imho, too much coverage is playing up "no SP campaign" instead of talking about the single player content, which can also be played co-op:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-gets-franchise-back-in-the-game/
Dice’s Ingvarsdottir acknowledged that the title must also appeal to less experienced gamers to be considered a success.

To that end, she highlighted “Battlefront’s” single-player missions, which are essentially one-off battles that seek to re-create famed sequences from the original trilogy. They can be played alone or with a friend via split screen or online. The game is taking a vignette approach rather than building an extended single-player narrative.

The "Partners" feature also sounds fun to a lame-o shooter player like me  icon_smile
http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-preview-interview/
DICE wants players to focus on creating an experience that is fun to share with friends. Battlefront's Partner feature is core to this idea: Once a friend is invited to be a partner, you become a tag team that plays together, spawns together and can even share unlocks with each other. Have a friend lagging behind in progression? This feature helps bring you closer.

They can customize their gameplay style, playing in franchise-classic third-person mode or in first-person and switching on the fly.
I've been ignoring this, but being able to play in 3rd person (I guess I thought the other iterations were FPSs) and the one-off single player missions, and the Partner feature give me some hope I might enjoy it. icon_smile Well, a lot of even 3rd person games give me motion sickness now, so hopefully there'll be demo by year's end.

Playing
PC
-Guild Wars 2
-Satellite Reign (spiritually like Syndicate)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »

Looks great, can't wait!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »

I'm fine with 40 players, I tend to hate the 64 player servers anyway.  bummed about third person though
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 10:22:28 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 17, 2015, 09:27:56 PM

I'm fine with 40 players, I tend to hate the 64 player servers anyway.  bummed about third person though

From PS BLOG:

DICE also confirmed that players can switch between a first-person or third-person viewpoint at will. This decision in particular, combined with so many of the different ways players can approach the battlefield, illustrates that player choice is high on DICE’s list of priorities. They’re working hard to create the most detailed and accurately represented Star Wars universe we’ve seen yet — what happens there is up to you.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2015, 10:50:01 PM »

it's not about whether I can play first person, it's that third is an option.  If third person is an option it allows you to see over and around things.  This makes it the objectively better choice between the two.  I would prefer first person only which also means if you are sneaking up on someone or ambushing them, you know they can't see you.

so the choice is there, but for people who like to win, it's not really a choice.  I feel the same way about third person vehicle view in battlefield.  Piloting a vehicle in first person through streets is so much more challenging and rewarding.  Affects situational awareness quite a bit and immersion as well.

Since previous Battlefront's were third person I figured it would happen anyway and they would probably be burned at the stake if they cut it.
paulstraytalker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »

This is nice to hear but I think it will be a real challenge standing together with shooters of this day.  So much has changed since SWBFII and so many years have passed.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 05:02:42 AM »

http://www.eastarwars.com

Hm...this chart makes the new game seem pretty lame.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 05:59:29 AM »

First of all, F' sites that have non-mutable background music. What is this, the 90s? What's more it's an anime song, really?

Anyway, while I agree with a lot of EA criticisms, but I look at that chart and see as much bloat of BF2 and potentially BF3 than I see missed opportunity. It reads more like complaining about something that could never be this unattainable goal.

Stuff like number of planets and maps is a ridiculous comparison. BF2 maps, and all their associated art assets look like crap today. Massive stretched blurry textures, pitifull polycount, crappy FX stuff that takes relatively little time to produce. Meanwhile, this new battlefront has maps that look almost exactly like the movie, which takes time to do.

Ground combat doesn't need players hopping into starships and leaving the ground devoid of anyone. You don't want the only reason for players to be on the ground is due to passive aggressive objective placement forcing players to be there.

If anything, bring back XvTF so we get the best of both worlds.

But yes, F' EA for mishandling some of my most favorite studios then shutting them down when they couldn't meet those same unrealistic goals I mentioned. But, EA can make some good games regardless.

While it may seem they're stripping down so much from games these days, a big part of that really is that AAA games are just that much more expensive and time consuming to make these days. It's that just as much as it is money grubbing from publishers.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:07:29 AM by Turtle » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »

Heh, sorry, I visited the site with sound off so I didn't realize it had music.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »

Footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20&feature=youtu.be
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2015, 11:02:36 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 15, 2015, 10:38:35 PM

One question I had, all the rebel allies have blue names except one, who's name is in yellow/gold. Any idea what that signifies?  icon_smile The "fish-face" guy (I forget the race -- it's the one who's Lando's co-pilot late in Return of the Jedi  icon_smile) at the 20 second mark has the yellow/gold name, while every other rebel's name is in blue.

They also released co-op footage at E3 (Survival Mode on Tatooine):
https://youtu.be/lg_ht2GfQJU
*Seems like a fun mix of defending incoming objectives from X numbers of incoming Imperial attack waves. So it's not staying in one place period, it seems more like encouraging you to move through the environment for the next objective and then defending (there might be more to it than that, just that's what we seem to see in the vid). Site explains it as:
Survival

Hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-STs, TIE Fighters, elite stormtroopers and more. Experience a different Survival mission on every planet.
I just hope the PC version includes online co-op too -- the vid shows a splitscreen view near the end (i.e., local on console).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:18:36 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Guild Wars 2
-Satellite Reign (spiritually like Syndicate)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 16, 2015, 11:02:36 AM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 15, 2015, 10:38:35 PM

One question I had, all the rebel allies have blue names except one, who's name is in yellow/gold. Any idea what that signifies?  icon_smile The "fish-face" guy (I forget the race -- it's the one who's Lando's co-pilot late in Return of the Jedi  icon_smile) at the 20 second mark has the yellow/gold name, while every other rebel's name is in blue.

Sullustian I believe, if you are talking about Lando's co-pilot and not Admiral Ackbar's species of Mon Calimari.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:41 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 16, 2015, 11:02:36 AM

I think it means that character is a hero, as opposed to a regular fighter.  At the end of the trailer, Luke's health bar is gold, while normal characters have red health bars, so I'm assuming gold=hero.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: