http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 03:58:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefront 3 finally announced!  (Read 1247 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

hope you're happy MO biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:18:45 PM »

haha, thats EXACTLY what I was thinking! :-D

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »

too right i am ...wooohooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jdkxv05_zRg

just a shame very little was said which makes me believe its a long way off yet...but at least its finally happening

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »

I wonder how much DLC they'll have.... maybe it'll be free to play! biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:00:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 10, 2013, 08:47:38 PM

I wonder how much DLC they'll have.... maybe it'll be free to play! biggrin

oh,go ahead....spoil the moment finger

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »

looks like you're taking that 2 in your pants...

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 10, 2013, 09:01:27 PM

looks like you're taking that 2 in your pants...

icon_lol

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »

LOL, just catching up on the EA conference because I had to take a work call. That was definitely the definition of a "teaser".

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 09:52:50 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 10, 2013, 09:47:12 PM

LOL, just catching up on the EA conference because I had to take a work call. That was definitely the definition of a "teaser".

blink and you missed it!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:20 PM »

Pete moore just said they have pretty much not started on the game yet,its going to take a while

but they realise what a jewel of a franchise they have..."we wont screw it up"

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »

so Episode 7 release window then.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:43:21 AM »

While i do want a new BF, I was very disappointed in the announcement... I am STILL wanting for a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter game and feel that this would have been a MUCH better choice than BF...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 03:48:07 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 11, 2013, 03:43:21 AM

While i do want a new BF, I was very disappointed in the announcement... I am STILL wanting for a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter game and feel that this would have been a MUCH better choice than BF...

EA do have other developers doing other Star Wars games,this just happens to be the first announced,its not like EA will only have one Star Wars game at a time

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 03:48:49 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 11, 2013, 03:43:21 AM

I'm trying to think if EA has anyone doing actual sims like that anymore.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »

I'm thrilled that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is a go again, but my only problem with this is I'm not sure DICE is the best dev for it. They've certainly got a great resume for shooters and driving games, but I don't see much in their past that's like a Battlefront game. And IMO being a studio under EA's umbrella is a strike against them.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 05:49:08 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 11, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

I'm thrilled that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is a go again, but my only problem with this is I'm not sure DICE is the best dev for it. They've certainly got a great resume for shooters and driving games, but I don't see much in their past that's like a Battlefront game. And IMO being a studio under EA's umbrella is a strike against them.

Battlefront is pretty much Battlefield, just reskinned, so they are the perfect match.

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 06:38:53 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 11, 2013, 05:49:08 AM

Battlefront is pretty much Battlefield, just reskinned, so they are the perfect match.

Nope, that wasn't the case for Battlefront 2. There was the whole aspect of space combat, which is something DICE has never done in  a game before. As well, SW BF2 had excellent split-screen co-op which is something DICE has only ever done in a driving game -  Midtown Madness 3. I do think they're a good studio, I'm just hoping this ends up approaching the quality of the 2 previous Battlefront games and not yet another mediocre Star Wars game.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:24 AM »

DICE has plenty of Aerial combat in the 1943 console game? Its an entire thing, actually.

Split screen is something I always wanted back since the first Need for Speed had it, and with processing power of the new consoles, may just happen. Previously it was because of lack of power it wasnt in.

edited to removed "eh" which I hate when people say to me. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:51:08 AM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 06:53:41 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 11, 2013, 06:46:24 AM

Split screen is something I always wanted back since the first Need for Speed had it, and with processing power of the new consoles, may just happen. Previously it was because of lack of power it wasnt in.

Split screen was available in the 1st NFS game on the 360 - NFS Most wanted. Admittedly though, it looked more like a Xbox game with a nicer coat of paint. Alll of the Halo games featured split screen while racing vehicles through open spaces, and Reach and 4 IMO are 2 of the best looking games on the 360. From what I've been told from friends that work in the biz and have worked on split screen titles, the QA'ing and playtesting is that much bigger a challenge, and a lot of dev's avoid it for that reason alone.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 11, 2013, 05:49:08 AM

Battlefield-First Person Shooter
Battlefront-Third Person Shooter(with secondary option for First Person that I don't think a lot of people used)

It will be disappointing if DICE did just ignore Third Person,but I am still getting stiffness just thinking about gi-fooking-normous Star Wars maps with possibly 64 players

However,double sided coin for me....The original Battlefront games had 32 players* and a lot of AI,i would expect the AI to be sacrificed,which is a kind of a shame

*first game had 24 players until an update made it possible for 32 players

Pandemic(who did the first two Battlefronts and were owned by EA as well),made Lord of the Rings Conquest after they lost the SWBF3 contract to Free Radical and for that game they sacrificed the AI,and the half decent LOTR maps were empty and dead...and the game just failed massively

Another thing,don't get too complicated...the Battlefront games were pretty much simple conquest maps..it's all we fans wanted and needed

do what you like with the single player story,probably play through it once and then play online for the rest of the games life(just like Battlefield or COD games)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »

Battlefront for the PC with 128 players would be nice.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 11, 2013, 05:01:32 PM

Meh, personally I get overwhelmed when there's numbers like that. Of course a lot of it depends on the size of the maps, but in general my preference is around 25 per side. I haven't played a Battlefield game since BFBC though, so I'm not that familiar with how well the Frostbyte engine supports big maps and how frequently DICE creates them for mplay.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 11, 2013, 05:16:01 PM

Meh, personally I get overwhelmed when there's numbers like that. Of course a lot of it depends on the size of the maps, but in general my preference is around 25 per side. I haven't played a Battlefield game since BFBC though, so I'm not that familiar with how well the Frostbyte engine supports big maps and how frequently DICE creates them for mplay.

yeah i can't say i disagree....it was nice having just 32 players and AI in the original Battlefronts,but as you say,now we have to factor in the size of DICE maps

some maps for Battlefront were intentionally small....Jabba's Palace had many levels and winding corridors but ultimately i think it was the smallest map,but still fun

falling into the Rancor pit,killing the Gamorreans(Jabba's Pig Guards)

I really miss that game

retard *Metal has gone bye bye,Egon... what've you got left?* retard

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 11, 2013, 05:16:01 PM

but the huge maps were a blast in BF1942.  I'd love to have the option.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »

The other problem with many players in Battlefront mplay, was survivability as a Jedi. It was easy to survive as a character with a good ranged weapon, but it was sometime a series of frequent deaths when you tried to play melee or even throw your sabre.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »

not sure about EA announcing all those titles...but you get the gist icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:01:31 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 10:21:46 PM »

yeah.. think whoever did that lost their mind by listing some of those as EA smile

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »

EA’s official statement:

“In 2004, the original Star Wars Battlefront came onto the scene and took gamers – and Star Wars fans – by surprise. It was an ambitious action shooter that gave players the opportunity to step into the shoes of their favorite Star Wars characters, pilot quintessential Star Wars vehicles, and relive classic Star Wars battles.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and gamers still have many of those same Star Wars gaming fantasies – but now they wish to experience those larger-than-life battles in magnificent high definition, with all of the amazing special effects, vehicle physics and gameplay intensity that the next-generation has to offer.
Star Wars Battlefront, developed by DICE on Frostbite 3, will surprise and delight fans yet again with a new experience inside this beloved universe made with our signature DICE craftsmanship and commitment to excellence.”

Entry from the official Star Wars Blog:

“Combining stunning visuals, incisive gameplay, and smart level design, the Star Wars: Battlefront video games took fans into the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways. The series beautifully showcased Star Wars locales, featured intense ground-battle action, and allowed gamers to fight for the Empire, the Republic, the Rebellion, and other factions. They were not just great Star Wars games; they were great video games in their own right. And we are thrilled to confirm that the series will continue.

In their pre-E3 press conference today, Electronic Arts Inc. announced the production of a new entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, currently titled Star Wars: Battlefront. It is being developed by DICE, creators of the critically-acclaimed Battlefield games, and will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine. As one of the world’s premier video game developers, DICE has the talent and expertise to deliver a Star Wars experience like no other, while pushing the boundaries of what is capable in a video game. The Star Wars: Battlefront series, which we know means so much to fans and gamers, is in good hands.

This is the first official game announced under the new multi-year, multi-title licensing agreement between EA, Lucasfilm Ltd., and Disney Interactive, and will kick off a new era for Star Wars video games. Platform and release information will be revealed at a later date. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on the next installment in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. In the meantime, enjoy the teaser video below, and prepare for battle…”

and then there is this:
CVG

Veteran Battlefield devs' working on Star Wars: Battlefront

So confirmed Patrick Söderlund, exec VP of the EA Games label, in an interview with CVG at E3 today, during which he confirmed that Battlefield executive producer Patrick Bach and DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson jumped at the chance to develop a Battlefront game.
"It was almost not happening," said Söderlund of the deal with Disney that made the new Battlefront game possible.

"It was just something as boring as resources and availability. The DICE guys Karl-Magnus [Troedsson] and Patrick [Bach] were talking and I told them we were in dialogues with Disney over this deal and they just looked at me and said, 'why haven't you spoken to us? What are you doing? We want to make Battlefront'."

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »

they'd better have Gungans!

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 13, 2013, 04:37:28 PM

They better not!   Tongue

I'm hoping they bring back the Bothan stealthers, which were a blast to play in BF2.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 13, 2013, 04:46:40 PM

They better not!   Tongue

but they make great target practice.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 13, 2013, 04:47:11 PM

True, but the annoying whines they make while they die are just too annoying.  icon_razz
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 13, 2013, 04:58:02 PM

True, but the annoying whines they make while they die are just too annoying.  icon_razz
meesa thinky yousa just jealousee
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 14, 2013, 12:31:33 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 12:40:25 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
They should TOTALLY put that in the game somewhere!!! make it an emote!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 14, 2013, 01:13:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 14, 2013, 12:40:25 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
They should TOTALLY put that in the game somewhere!!! make it an emote!
lol. someone emoting that over a dead opponents head would be funny.  icon_biggrin
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »

Yeah!  Then they could have a whole mode where everybody is just dancing to modern pop songs!  Tongue

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »

Wait! A StarWars based dancing game?!? That's awesome.. someone SHOULD make that!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on June 14, 2013, 07:16:44 PM

Wait! A StarWars based dancing game?!? That's awesome.. someone SHOULD make that!

Wait a minute we already had that, you just had to keep deleting your last gamesave before the start of the Twi'lek dance sequence in KotOR.   icon_cool
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »

Or go play Star Wars Kinect...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: