http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 12:42:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1/PS4/PS3/360/PC]Battlefield 4  (Read 12255 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »

bah, it is perfectly stable!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 04, 2013, 01:09:39 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on December 04, 2013, 12:57:28 AM

I tried to join 5 games yesterday.  3 directly to servers on the list, it just sat there doing nothing.  Hit quick match, waited, screen changed then went back to join game screen.  Finally hit quick match for conquest and it put me in a team deathmatch game.  Going back to COD for a bit.

I've had no trouble joining a match on PS4 for the last week or so. I've been using server browser though fwiw, so that I can set filters for what I'm looking for.  Maybe try that.  I think there's a title update for Xbone today too?

I said I was connecting directly to servers on the list slywink
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

GORRAMMIT!

My stupid saved game disappeared AGAIN.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »

Wow, I must have gotten really lucky when I played on PC. Must have been because I waited until I was done with single player to play any MP (and I also only played one MP round so far Tongue)

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 05, 2013, 05:02:27 PM

LOL

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 05, 2013, 12:53:52 PM

GORRAMMIT!

My stupid saved game disappeared AGAIN.

ouch.  I remember having issues with my saves in BF3, ended up having to restart a few times.  finally, just as I was about to give up, it worked fine.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »

been playing single player a bit, had an odd glitch at the end of the carrier level where the rockets I show at the helicopters would not show up on screen.  I'd aim, get a lock on, and fire, hear the firing SFX but no missile would show up.  Finally said screw it, got a good old fashioned RPG and took them out.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:50 AM »

Well, after Need for Speed Rivals completely shat itself I decided to go back to the single player of BF4 on XB1.  Well....crashy crashy, roughly every 3-5 minutes.   Seriously, what's wrong with these damned launch titles?   

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2013, 05:01:06 AM »

I think it's fairly obvious that pretty much every title (2 exceptions I've found are COD, and NBA 2k14) have bugs that scream that they weren't ready yet.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2013, 08:41:36 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 10, 2013, 05:01:06 AM

I think it's fairly obvious that pretty much every title (2 exceptions I've found are COD, and NBA 2k14) have bugs that scream that they weren't ready yet.

I have killzone, bf4, nfs rivals, resogun, flower, cod and ac4 for the ps4. Bf4 is the only one that constantly gives me issues. Like alot.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:59 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 10, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

I have killzone, bf4, nfs rivals, resogun, flower, cod and ac4 for the ps4. Bf4 is the only one that constantly gives me issues. Like alot.

I was talking about on the XB1, and I think Ron was as well.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

Its not every game one the One besides those 2 listed. Your doing typical Internet forum hypebole dude.  Roll Eyes
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »

Sucks to hear the XB1 is still so buggy.  I've been having a blast with this game, but before they patched the crashes it was indeed unplayable.  I've seen a steady stream of updates on the battlefield blog, hopefully they get one out for XB1 soon.  The game is really fun when it works. 

I'm not a big fan of the China Rising maps though (early access through premium).  Lots of open space and a big focus on vehicle combat.  I like when there are a few vehicles, but these maps seem to be dominated by it. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »

Returned my copy after reading this. I have too much to play, Ron is doing the review - if I want to get in on MP action later, I can go get it later.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »

So is there any word on this being fixed? I have a copy waiting for me for Christmas...but maybe i'll send it back.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »

played all the way through the SP campaign on PS4 and only had a few crashes that I can remember.  I have had a few in AC4 though which ended in a hard lock up of the game where I had to exit to the XMB (or whatever they want to call it), pull up options and force close.  luckily the lockup didn't repeat after I loaded in, and even luckier, nothing hurt the save game.  that would be a near-instant sell-off if that happened in a game as large as AC4.  

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 10, 2013, 06:03:46 PM

So is there any word on this being fixed? I have a copy waiting for me for Christmas...but maybe i'll send it back.

Which platform?  They just patched the PC version again yesterday that was supposed to fix some crashes, the single bullet kill problem and some corrupted save issues, along with a few other things.  I know they've been patching other platforms as well, but they are usually a bit behind the PC.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »

I see they have just made this Top Issue Tracker thread that lists the status of the largest issues if that helps.  Some have just been fixed, some are in the process, and others need solid repros.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2013, 06:48:15 PM »

haven't had any crashes with the SP in the PC version so far.  MP has been kind of a crapfest though.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:43 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 10, 2013, 06:21:40 PM

I see they have just made this Top Issue Tracker thread that lists the status of the largest issues if that helps.  Some have just been fixed, some are in the process, and others need solid repros.

According to that list, the SP fix went live, apparently on the same day I lost my fraggeragging save.

I'm reluctant to try yet again.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2013, 10:34:53 PM »

XB1
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »

Quote from: Jumangi on December 10, 2013, 03:49:15 PM

Its not every game one the One besides those 2 listed. Your doing typical Internet forum hypebole dude.  Roll Eyes

Out of 8 games I've played on XB1, only COD seems to work without these issues. (and it's not a poster child of good things to do for games any way)

It's not hyperbole when it's true, right?  Even Forza seems unfinished.  Sure it's not as outright buggy as BF4, but they ripped out tons of features that were in 4 and the only reason I can see is that they ran out of time.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:40 AM »

I agree with this.

Launch titles look and act better than launch titles of the last two gens, but they still have a case of "ran out of road".

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 10, 2013, 07:32:43 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 10, 2013, 06:21:40 PM

According to that list, the SP fix went live, apparently on the same day I lost my fraggeragging save.

I'm reluctant to try yet again.

just downloaded the most recent patch, kinda afraid to see if my saves are gone or not.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2013, 05:31:30 AM »

whew!  still there, but after the patch I had my first crash that said it was DirectX11 related.

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 10, 2013, 09:00:59 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 10, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

I was talking about on the XB1, and I think Ron was as well.

Oops!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »

There's another big PS4 patch out today, but no details on what it fixes. details below:

We are rolling out a new game update on PS4. You might need to restart the game to have the update install. Change notes below. We are already working on the next update based on your feedback.

Dec 11 PS4 Game Update Notes
-General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
-Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
-Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:43:02 PM by leo8877 » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »

interesting use of C4.

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »

So is this game so broken that I should return it?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 16, 2013, 09:42:30 PM

I can't speak for Xbone, but I've logged over 70 hours of playtime on PS4 and absolutely loving it.  My stats are not great, but you can verify the playtime:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/leo8877/stats/285404344/ps4/
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 16, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »

Every so often I miss fps's.

Then I think about it and really don't anymore.  I'm content playing Fifa for my multiplayer giggles, and jumping on single player master pieces such as AC3, Unchartered etc.

Definitely unique to me I realize, as I swore off FPS after MW2, when my dominant gene kicked in and I realized I'm damn better than most people at this game, therefore I would spend a sickening amount of time illustrating my dominance.  <<< this isn't up for debate, as a majority if people that play COD, really do suck the monkeys tit.

Anyway, I've always appreciated BF for what it is, and also realized that a BF game played with ignorant teammates may well be the most frustrating gaming experience that can be had...

Check this out...  When BF is played properly by two teams, it is in fact the better game...  Disagree?

MW2 is still one of my top games of all time, from the simple fact that I on a good day could say, fuck you lame Xbox Live teammates, and WIN the match by myself.  That, my friends, is why I played COD so much, and why I won't be playing it again.  In BF, if you have a lame ass ignorant as fuck team (which most seem to be, sad state for our WORLD indeed), then you might as well spend a few hours rubbing your finger nails up and down the closest chalk board.

Just saying...  A few months ago I put this to the test and cranked up MW2 and went 29-1 in Free-for-all, after not playing for 2 years, proceeded by a domination match of BO2 where a friend of mine and I went 60-5 or something like that and made plenty of fools complain about hacks or somesuch bullshit.

Please, DO NOT TAKE this as some challenge, as I feel GT players are far beyond your typical player.   In other words, I've no doubt our friend Hark would rap... Don't like the term I was about to say but you get my drift.  Though I do have fond memories of being his nemesis in MW2, back in the day, especially while he was camping with the teddy bears...  Lol. 

Anyway, I'll play BF4 one day to see what it's all about, but just felt like sharing.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2013, 02:57:01 AM »

|----| this close to buying a used copy today. Went with something different and more immediately social instead.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
:)
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2013, 02:57:32 AM »

new patch today!  supposedly fixed Kill trading.

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »

I cannot find a server on XB1. What gives?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 16, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

I can't speak for Xbone, but I've logged over 70 hours of playtime on PS4 and absolutely loving it.  My stats are not great, but you can verify the playtime:

It's gotten alot better recently. I suck at it but its tons of fun. And now stable. Single player is still crashtastic but mp hasn't crashed in weeks since the last patch.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on January 03, 2014, 08:48:54 AM

It's gotten alot better recently. I suck at it but its tons of fun. And now stable. Single player is still crashtastic but mp hasn't crashed in weeks since the last patch.

How does one find a server? They're all 0/xx or if i try quickmatch it never finds one.

I joined one game and I was the only one in there.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 03, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

How does one find a server? They're all 0/xx or if i try quickmatch it never finds one.

Your K:D ratio is too high. No one wants a show-off. slywink

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 03, 2014, 02:05:38 PM

Quote from: ATB on January 03, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

Your K:D ratio is too high. No one wants a show-off. slywink

Actually apparently some angry fans have been doing DDos attacks on the EA servers so that's why they were down yesterday...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

Know your audience, I suppose.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: