http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 05:01:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1/PS4/PS3/360/PC]Battlefield 4  (Read 13691 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 22, 2013, 05:03:09 AM

So my thoughts on this are pretty easy - if they are announcing this far in advance pre-order DLC, why not include it in the main product?  I get incenting people to preorder, but an entire expansion pack? 

Because $.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »

Quote from: gellar on May 22, 2013, 11:15:04 AM

So my thoughts on this are pretty easy - if they are announcing this far in advance pre-order DLC, why not include it in the main product?  I get incenting people to preorder, but an entire expansion pack? 

Because $.

they did the same thing with BF3 and that classic maps pack Back to Karkand.  4 'new' maps, new vehicles and weapons.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »

I get it - they're trying to overtake CoD. Four maps, new vehicles and weapons, cool.

Fragmenting your online players from day 1?

Kinda retarded.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 22, 2013, 03:09:13 PM

I get it - they're trying to overtake CoD. Four maps, new vehicles and weapons, cool.

Fragmenting your online players from day 1?

Kinda retarded.

bah, all the day 1 players will be the 1337 ones who already have the pack and won't want to deal with the day 2+ rabble anyways biggrin

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »

it's because we gamers accepted this practice years ago like the fools that we are.  This was only the beginning in terms of charging people after the sale of a game.  Now we get to deal with microtransaction, and the upcoming paying the developer after buying a used game.  It's not going to stop, because we gamers keep buying into this crap.  Gone are the good days of buying a game and it's yours to whatever you want with.  Gone are the days you get a complete game day one. Gone are the days where you can sell your game.  And this all started at the acceptance of DLC.  Thanks gamers, you really screwed this up for everyone.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »

Nah, some of us just wait for the GOTY year version to hit $20.  The real thing is that if you want to play online with all your friends, you're heavily incentivized to get it on Day 1. 

And for things like Tiger Woods, they never bundle the extra courses or drop the price.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 22, 2013, 11:18:33 AM

Quote from: gellar on May 22, 2013, 11:15:04 AM

Because $.

they did the same thing with BF3 and that classic maps pack Back to Karkand.  4 'new' maps, new vehicles and weapons.

Oh i remember that,yeah by the time that 'pre-order DLC' was released,i had already traded in the game a month or so before  disgust

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »

Battlefield 4 Deluxe Edition contents:

Battlefield 4 Game
Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion Pack
Bonus In-Game Content
Collectible SteelBook Cover
The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the Deluxe Edition are priced at £64.99, while the PC one costs £54.99.

Games are 40 quid here for standard console editions,so not sure an extra £25 is worth it,you already get the China Rising expansion for pre-ordering the game,so it all depends what the 'Bonus In game content' is
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408871/battlefield-4-deluxe-edition-is-game-exclusive/

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 22, 2013, 10:46:42 PM

Nah, some of us just wait for the GOTY year version to hit $20.  The real thing is that if you want to play online with all your friends, you're heavily incentivized to get it on Day 1

or wait for the 'Premium' deal to come out..

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

CVG

EA and DICE have sent a selection of Battlefield players invites to participate in a Battlefield 4 Alpha trial starting today.

The email invite, posted in full on NeoGAF, tells players the purpose of the trial is to perform a number of server-related tests in preparation for the game's launch.

The trial runs for two weeks, taking place between 5pm and 11pm (UK time) every night. DICE stresses: "This is a highly tech-focused, white-boxed Alpha Trial that does not represent final quality of the game. Most of the level textures will be white (except soldiers and vehicles) and performance at this early stage will be potentially choppy, with possible issues such as server lag and downtime."

If you're a regular player of Battlefield on PC, check your emails to see if you've received an invite to the Alpha trial. If so, you won't have to do anything else - the trial will appear later today in the "My games library" section of Origin, ready for download. DICE stresses that anyone taking part shouldn't post any screens, videos, information or impressions from the Alpha trial.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Meanwhile, another NeoGAF member has posted a batch of Battlefield 4 screenshots showing off the game's new vehicle customisation features.

more in the link

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »

dammit, only emails I have are for 60+ Jewish singles, the Federal Bureau of Industrialization (who say they have moneys for me) and an ancient Belgium hair restorer recipe.

Because I can,
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

Those pics were from an earlier video taken at E3.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2013, 02:49:24 AM »

Your move Call of Duty Ghost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Q3W4FbsAqIY
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 02:58:14 AM »

Quote from: naednek on August 23, 2013, 02:49:24 AM

eek eek eek
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »

I don't know - all I saw was the same 'ol BF BS - shooting through a scope while taking bullets, magic scopes that see through cover, window coverings that act as cover, etc.

I can see BF4 having trigger-able set pieces on the battlefield, like put explosives right here and this bridge falls, but I don't believe it'll be an actual transformable battlefield.  I'd love to be able to blast away all the cover from a sniper spot, or if the grenade in the video would have blown the train car door off so it couldn't be used any longer, but if the battlefield actually responded to every move, a helicopter would just raze all the buildings and let the soldiers fight through the rubble.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »

You were definitely able to destroy sniper spots or just take down buildings in Bad Company 2.  They kind of backed off the destruction in BF3 which was annoying, but I'm hoping this means they are bringing it back in force.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »

launch modes confirmed.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2013, 07:54:04 AM »

Game will launch with 10 maps and 7 game modes

The modes available at launch will be: Team Deathmatch, Squad Deathmatch, Rush, Domination, Conquest, Defuse, and Obliteration.

Two of those modes, Obliteration and Defuse, are new to BF4. As DICE explains, in Obliteration mode, "two teams face off on medium-sized battlegrounds where one bomb spawns in a random central location.

"The mission: To pick up the bomb and arm it at one of the enemy's three military installations and blow it up. When the bomb has detonated, a new bomb spawns in a random location, and the race is on again. The first team to destroy all three objectives wins."

Information on Defuse is slim, but DICE has dropped the first official info, describing it as "an even tighter and quicker infantry-only game mode" in which "players don't have any respawns at all".

Video of Obliteration multiplayer in the link

second time in 3 minutes you have done that(Halo 4)....GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »

biggrin

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

So apparently Battlefield 4 sucks for the PS4 and Xbox One (compared to the PC version).
Perhaps this is rose colored glasses talking but wasn't there a time when consoles outperformed PCs graphically for at least a couple of months after they were first released?
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_on_ps4_and_xbox_one_we_need_to_compromise_in_some_places_says_dice.html
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 27, 2013, 03:55:55 PM

So apparently Battlefield 4 sucks for the PS4 and Xbox One (compared to the PC version).
Perhaps this is rose colored glasses talking but wasn't there a time when consoles outperformed PCs graphically for at least a couple of months after they were first released?
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/battlefield_4/news/battlefield_4_on_ps4_and_xbox_one_we_need_to_compromise_in_some_places_says_dice.html

But even BF3 on the PS3 and 360 looked good.  Not PC good, but good.  Won't it be even better on the next gen consoles?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 27, 2013, 05:00:01 PM

But even BF3 on the PS3 and 360 looked good.  Not PC good, but good.  Won't it be even better on the next gen consoles?

It's a relative comparison.  The articles they are referring to aren't comparing it to BF3 for PS3/360, they are comparing it to the videos of BF4 (PC) already shown, wherein apparently it looks a lot less awesome.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »

plus you got to remember that not everyone is going to be able to have BF4 look that good on their PC.

Because I can,
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2013, 08:27:08 PM »

Quote from: gellar on August 27, 2013, 05:07:36 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on August 27, 2013, 05:00:01 PM

It's a relative comparison.  The articles they are referring to aren't comparing it to BF3 for PS3/360, they are comparing it to the videos of BF4 (PC) already shown, wherein apparently it looks a lot less awesome.

Those PC demos were also probably run on $500 GTX 780's too. Compare performance/detail level on a $200 card that the vast majority of gamers have and I'd bet its much closer in quality.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 09:18:10 AM »

Yep, PC is my primary platform, but even I'm getting tired of all these e-penis articles by PC gamers.

A $400 gaming PC couldn't make BF4 look as good as the demo videos. There's always concessions made for performance.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 11:13:34 PM »

Commander mode video

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »

Apparently Dice has wised up and will be putting in a vehicle playground so people can learn to fly the helicopters without getting yelled at for crashing immediately.   icon_biggrin

We’ve definitely heard that people are afraid of getting in there [and using vehicles like helicopters] and that’s not our intent, so what we’ve done is, we’ve added a test range, which allows you to try out all the hardware ahead of time so that if you want to learn to fly a helicopter you can get in there and you can find the settings that work best for you. And then start doing some stunt flights just to feel safe before you go out and get the responsibility of a bunch of other people sitting in your helicopter, so I truly hope that this will help people feel more safe about trying out the whole battlefield.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »

afraid to fly?  ridiculous!!!

Because I can,
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2013, 02:17:32 AM »

They just posted PC requirements.

It pretty much kills it for me - I can't run it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »

other than the OS looks like I'm good or better for the recommended, but I doubt Windows 7 will be an issue.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02:14 AM »

Those are pretty reasonable specs, considering.  But I definitely don't have 3GB of video RAM. 

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »

Can we get the subject line changed from:

[XB1/PS4/PS3/360/PC]Battlefield 4

to : [everything but the kitchen sink]Battlefield 4 ?

Tongue

Also, I love the idea of flying instructions - or at least, until the dev is accused of helping terrorists train to fly helicopters.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »

Quote from: Purge on September 10, 2013, 04:33:37 AM

Can we get the subject line changed from:

[XB1/PS4/PS3/360/PC]Battlefield 4

to : [everything but the kitchen sink]Battlefield 4 ?

Tongue

Also, I love the idea of flying instructions - or at least, until the dev is accused of helping terrorists train to fly helicopters.
When I saw the message preview I thought this was going to say "everything but the Wii U" and then my thought was "but then every thread would have the same header".
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »

the OPEN beta is now up on XBL at 1.5(ish) gig

I downloaded it,and started it up but it says i have lost connection to EA servers,so online features will be unavailable

I can't see any manual way of connecting to the Servers(i am still signed into XBL),so i guess i will try again later

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »

woohoo!  open beta!  maybe this weekend.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »

funnily enough XBL is free this weekend,so that should be good for stress testing the EA Servers

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »

Nice.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

The achievement list doesn't seem that hard
42 achievements and only 5 of them are MP achievements,the rest are story mode,collectables and point scoring based in each mission

*warning there are spoilers on some of the descriptions on a few of the achievements*
('For tombstone','For the people','For the cause' achievements especially..it also gives the locations away where the levels are set in some descriptions as well)      

360a.org

Spoiler for Hiden:
Storm bringer
Obtain 20 000 points in the Singapore mission in the Campaign   

A one-man riot
Obtain 11 000 points in the Shanghai mission in the Campaign   

Terror of the deep
Obtain 11 000 points in the South China Sea mission in the Campaign   

Gladiator
Obtain 12 000 points in the Kunlun Mountains mission in the Campaign   

Above and beyond the call
Complete all Assignments in the Campaign   

Demolition man
Obtain 15 000 points in the Tashgar mission in the Campaign   

Guardian of the fleet
Obtain 6 000 points in the Suez mission in the Campaign   

Full arsenal   
Unlock all assignments and collectibles in the Campaign   

Fish
Complete the Campaign on Easy   

Dunn's pride
Obtain 7 000 points in the Baku mission in the Campaign   

Braving the storm
Complete the Singapore mission in the Campaign   

Wolves in sheep's clothing
Complete the Shanghai mission in the Campaign   

The fall of a Titan
Complete the South China Sea mission in the Campaign   

Dead by dawn
Complete the Kunlun Mountains mission in the Campaign   

Guns at dawn
Complete the Suez mission in the Campaign   

Fishing in Baku
Complete the Baku mission in the Campaign   

Antediluvian
Complete the Tashgar mission in the Campaign   

It was on the way...
Find 6 collectibles in the Campaign   

Took a casual look around
Find 9 collectibles in the Campaign   

Methodical search
Find 15 collectibles in the Campaign   

Done some searching
Find 12 collectibles in the Campaign   

No stone left unturned
Find 18 collectibles in the Campaign   

Every nook and cranny
Find 21 collectibles in the Campaign   

Stumbled over it   
Find 3 collectibles in the Campaign   

Wolf
Complete the Campaign on Normal   

Tombstone
Complete the Campaign on Hard   

Recon
Find 28 collectibles in the Campaign   

Well placed   
Get 10 kills with C4 in the Baku mission in the Campaign   

Wrecker
Get 10 multi-kills in the Shanghai mission in the Campaign   

Blood wake
Get 30 headshots in the South China Sea mission in the Campaign   

War turtle
Get 15 kills with RPG in the Singapore mission in the Campaign   

Infiltrator
Get 10 adrenaline kills in the Tashgar mission in the Campaign   

Shawshank
Get 5 kills with Shank in the Kunlun Mountains mission in the Campaign   

For tombstone
Let the Valkyrie be destroyed in the Campaign   

For the people
Sacrifice Irish to save the Valkyrie in the Campaign   

For the cause
Sacrifice Hannah to save the Valkyrie in the Campaign   

Patience is a virtue
Experience all 3 endings in the Campaign   

Turn around...
Perform 5 dog tag kills in Multiplayer   

Won them all
Win a round of each game mode   

.45 old school
Perform 45 kills with the M1911 Handgun in Multiplayer   

Bomb squad
Deliver 5 bombs in Obliteration   

Call me "Sir"
Reach rank 25.   

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

More mp acheevos will come.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 04, 2013, 01:55:34 PM

More mp acheevos will come.

DLC and the Xbox One version,sure

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: