http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:55:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1/PS4/PS3/360/PC]Battlefield 4  (Read 13715 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2013, 03:47:42 PM »

I'll likely get it anyway since a few friends are really into it.  Also I can play it for a week while waiting for COD (and even COD might just be to tide me over to Titanfall)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:16 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 12, 2013, 02:33:08 AM

Tried again several times today.  Lag is pretty severe.  Even when the server says it's a perfect connection you can fire an RPG, see no effect, count to 3 then the explosion happens.  Same thing getting in and out of vehicles.

yeah, that was my big issue during the beta.  you'd fire and think you missed, or think they missed and then boom.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »

been debating whether or not to pre-order this for the PC or not.  uPlay is giving away a free copy of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 if you go through them, which makes it tempting since I have been wanting to grab Future Soldier.  of the other usual suspects, Amazon is only offering a $5 credit and a 'battlepack', Origin and GMG aren't offering anything, and neither is Gamersgate.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 25, 2013, 05:00:49 PM

been debating whether or not to pre-order this for the PC or not.  uPlay is giving away a free copy of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 if you go through them, which makes it tempting since I have been wanting to grab Future Soldier.  of the other usual suspects, Amazon is only offering a $5 credit and a 'battlepack', Origin and GMG aren't offering anything, and neither is Gamersgate.

saw this over on CAG:

Battlefield 4 (NA) $59.99

20% OFF Voucher
− $11.99 TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1
Total you pay
$48.00

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »

Quote from: Caine on October 25, 2013, 05:43:33 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 25, 2013, 05:00:49 PM

saw this over on CAG:

Battlefield 4 (NA) $59.99

20% OFF Voucher
− $11.99 TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1
Total you pay
$48.00

that's a good deal, I kinda remember getting an email voucher along those lines along with another code for Ghosts.  Still tempted by uPlay though, Future Soldier is still going for around $20.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2013, 05:48:02 AM »

Voice commands, head tracking, leaning all available on Kinect:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18292/article/battlefield-4-kinect-settings-guide-for-xbox-one/

Doubt this makes it into the 360 version. Apparently it also doesn't make it into PS4 according to the article.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2013, 06:30:23 AM »

or the PC version.  when will they realize that the PC has mics too.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »

Head tracking is the Kinect 's one saving grace in my opinion. I hope it's successful and forces Sony to get into it in a big way as well.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 27, 2013, 05:48:02 AM

Voice commands, head tracking, leaning all available on Kinect:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18292/article/battlefield-4-kinect-settings-guide-for-xbox-one/

Doubt this makes it into the 360 version. Apparently it also doesn't make it into PS4 according to the article.
I just hope the mute others option works properly this time. You know there will be kids just running around yelling stuff to be obnoxious. icon_confused

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »

That those people being constantly muted is going to reflect on their reputation, and keep them from the regular rotation. looking forward to THAT.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2013, 09:32:21 PM »

I'm just going to mute anyone who isn't on my friends list if that option is still available.  with the expanded number of people allowed on the list I doubt I'll have to manage it like I did on the 360.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »

this should be interesting: I forgot they have their Great Game Guarantee in effect now, and BF4 purchased through Origin is eligible.  I wonder how many rage returns they'll get during the first 24 hours if it is a clusterfuck.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »

People will mute me just because I tell them how to play properly (and because I have a high pitched voice)  ninja
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

don't worry, most of us can hear you just fine over the mics of those we haven't muted Tongue

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »

*Purge's chat indicator flashes for a while, and then with a sullen blink, goes dark.

*Fist Shaking*

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2013, 01:58:19 AM »

Quote from: Purge on October 28, 2013, 01:48:33 AM

<mute>

Tongue

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 28, 2013, 12:19:45 AM

People will mute me just because I tell them how to play properly (and because I have a high pitched voice)  ninja

Its not your voice... its the damn taffy  Tongue

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:12 PM »

Oh fuck...

I actually wasn't expecting this to happen. I don't think it's a good thing at all for the console balance.

Edit: I realize this may look a little cryptic. This Jackfrags guy was invited to play and record the game on both PS4 and Xbox One, then share the results with the community tomorrow, the 29th. He had teased that people would be surprised at the graphical difference between the two versions, but most people assumed that meant the Xbox One version would look better than the PS4 version.

Edit 2: Giving it a little more thought, I realize that "looks better" is subjective. It might be a good idea to wait until he actually releases the footage to jump to conclusions, but damn...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:11:56 PM by TiLT » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »

WOW....I was right!

When I saying the only surprising thing could be the PS4 multiplayer looking BETTER than the XB1 single player, I really didn't think that could really be the case....but wow, it is!

My god....the XB1 just can not catch a break. They really should have just launched in 2014, like they were planning. From the broken OS and Live problems, to the worse graphics and higher price.....can this get any worse?

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »

Is anyone getting this on PC? I have been considering it..
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM

WOW....I was right!

When I saying the only surprising thing could be the PS4 multiplayer looking BETTER than the XB1 single player, I really didn't think that could really be the case....but wow, it is!

My god....the XB1 just can not catch a break. They really should have just launched in 2014, like they were planning. From the broken OS and Live problems, to the worse graphics and higher price.....can this get any worse?

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate that sort of speculation staying in the clearly marked boundaries of console vs. console threads?

That one looks better than the other is fine, but that particular rabbit hole is being dug up everywhere, and I'd rather not have the back-and-forth all over. GT is still home for people who couldn't care less about this thing - let's try and keep it that way? smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 28, 2013, 03:20:39 PM

Is anyone getting this on PC? I have been considering it..

I'm really on the fence.  The beta was a disaster, but supposedly they have fixed many of the issues.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 28, 2013, 03:26:02 PM

Quote from: Hetz on October 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM

WOW....I was right!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate that sort of speculation staying in the clearly marked boundaries of console vs. console threads?

That one looks better than the other is fine, but that particular rabbit hole is being dug up everywhere, and I'd rather not have the back-and-forth all over. GT is still home for people who couldn't care less about this thing - let's try and keep it that way? smile

Noted. Sorry about that!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »

Thanks man. smile

On an unrelated note: Apparently there is a nov1 tourney on xbl xbone on Friday between EU and USA devs. The Xbox YouTube channel has the video of some of the worst trash talk ever. Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »

trash talk on Youtube?  never!

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »

Major Nelson trashing? Horrid.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »

Wait... I went to Nathan Jones twitter feed and he clearly says a couple responses below the post linked above that he was just trolling.

Nathan Jones ‏@zjonesyy 13h
@jackfrags @preston647 he is not allowed to disclose anything until tomorrow but I hope I was trolling :p
Expand
 Hicham Saoud Silva ‏@ChanPetrelli 13h
@zjonesyy @jackfrags @preston647 You did misunderstand.Battlefield 4 looks better on Xbox One, so close to PC on ultra settings.Insider info
Expand
 Nathan Jones ‏@zjonesyy 13h
@jackfrags @preston647 no he is trolling , he just tweeted jack 7 mins before this tweet asking which was better ? So he has no clue smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

lower resolution, and a bit more aliasing, yet it still looks as good and in some cases even more crisp than the ps4.  Covering up which was which, my gf preferred the XO side.  I'm fine with my decision so far.  I just get sick and tired of hearing how wrong I am by people who aren't even getting one.  Go buy your ps4 and enjoy it, I'll have my XO and enjoy it.  (also have a PS4 preordered too)

So tired of you guys and your non-stop preaching.  It's like you are going to go to hell if you can't convert at least 1 more poor lost MS sinned soul. 
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2013, 04:48:51 AM »

man this looks amazing on the PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2013, 04:55:32 AM »

Quote from: naednek on October 29, 2013, 04:48:51 AM

man this looks amazing on the PC

I saw you playing, was about to post and bug you for impressions smile

I decided not to pre-order and see how the online portion fares for the next few days.  I plan on getting the Premium plan too (the third DLC pack 'Naval Strike' has my interest piqued), so either way I'll end up with the China Rising DLC.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:58:51 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2013, 05:29:22 AM »

Have the 360 edition. Installing at the moment. Will be upgrading to the XO version when the console launches.

Got a bad disc 1, or partly bad... did not want to read the disc until I opened and closed the tray several times.

Hopefully it finishes the installation without issue.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »

Higher resolution, higher framerate and less aliasing on the PS4 version... Well, that's bad, but not what I expected based on the tweets. It would have been worse if there were differences in other graphical settings, but from what I can tell (I just got up, so I haven't really caught up on everything yet) that's not the case.

Oh and Msduncan, you misread those tweets, though admittedly, so did many other people. Neither of the two you quoted was the guy who mentioned the difference, neither of them had played the game, and they weren't talking about that guy in the first place. The one who had played the game was the guy who tweeted the "DING DING DING" tweet, and he wasn't trolling. Anyway, that's water under the bridge now that it's officially confirmed.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2013, 05:50:34 AM »

Single player was smooth.  Playing on Ultra.  Gonna try multi tomorrow
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2013, 05:56:34 AM »

But does it blend? is it fun?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:23 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 29, 2013, 04:35:55 AM

Well that was anti-climatic. The Xbox version looks just as good as the PS4 version if not better. Colors seem less faded. Are they both running at the same FPS?
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »

Single player impressions: http://gamingtrend.com/2013/10/28/dont-get-hopes-battlefield-4-single-player/

Matt wasn't able to get much time with multiplayer (no one was online) so our full review will wait until he's had some time with it.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2013, 06:54:05 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 29, 2013, 06:19:23 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 29, 2013, 04:35:55 AM

Well that was anti-climatic. The Xbox version looks just as good as the PS4 version if not better. Colors seem less faded. Are they both running at the same FPS?

Ignore the color balance. Digital Foundry points out that there were issues with it that they chose not to deal with, and they didn't know what caused this. It might be the consoles, or it might be something else. The PS4 capture had a more faded look, while the Xbox One had crushed blacks.

I recommend looking at the IGN multiplayer comparison btw. It does a better job than DF at displaying the differences between the two consoles, and there the Xbox One comes much worse off in comparison. It looks like singleplayer is pretty similar between the two consoles (with the exception of resolution, aliasing and framerate dips), but multiplayer is where the real differences start to emerge.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »

Honestly it's difficult for me to see the difference. Looking at screenshots, yes I can definitely see it. Fortunately I don't leave it up to my eyesight. I buy the one that says 1080p on the box (or in this case 900p).
I see in that Eurogamer review that there was no test of the 64 player multiplayer for Xbox. I would be very interested to see how that goes on the Xbox One. The PS4 had 60fps but dropped into the 40s at times.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:02 AM »

Quote from: davidrobots on October 29, 2013, 06:31:01 AM

Single player impressions: http://gamingtrend.com/2013/10/28/dont-get-hopes-battlefield-4-single-player/

Matt wasn't able to get much time with multiplayer (no one was online) so our full review will wait until he's had some time with it.

had a feeling SP wouldn't be all that great, but was hoping it would at least be a fun little diversion.  I'll probably end up breaking by the weekend, and may grab the XB1 version just because Hark is smile

Because I can,
g2gdotcom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2013, 07:36:40 AM »

I have pre ordered the cd key from OffGamers. Hope it will arrive today.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: