http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 03:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 3 in production!!  (Read 8503 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on October 28, 2011, 07:37:18 PM

Quote from: vizionblind on October 28, 2011, 03:24:31 PM

This is wholly accurate and it drives me fucking crazy.

I seriously hate them for this bullcrap.  All this game does is shine incredibly bright lights in my eyes and make it fucking impossible to see anything....it's incredibly stupid and lame.
Hmmm, maybe they took their cue from JJ Abrams' Star Trek film?  smirk (which I loved -- but I thought the incessant lenses flares effect were wholly unnecessary).

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 28, 2011, 08:18:32 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on October 28, 2011, 07:37:18 PM

Quote from: vizionblind on October 28, 2011, 03:24:31 PM

This is wholly accurate and it drives me fucking crazy.

I seriously hate them for this bullcrap.  All this game does is shine incredibly bright lights in my eyes and make it fucking impossible to see anything....it's incredibly stupid and lame.
Hmmm, maybe they took their cue from JJ Abrams' Star Trek film?  smirk (which I loved -- but I thought the incessant lenses flares effect were wholly unnecessary).

agreed on the whole JJ ST bit.

this won't be a BF3 pic until there's a ton of dirt on the camera.  even when you are looking through your "eyes".  during the pre-flashback part of the story, it was laughably bad but at least it was plausible.  then during the first level i kept wanting to wash the dirt out of my eyes.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2011, 01:51:23 AM »

I don't see a thread in the mulitplayer section, should we create one so we know who is playing and who wants to play together?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 29, 2011, 01:51:23 AM

I don't see a thread in the mulitplayer section, should we create one so we know who is playing and who wants to play together?

surprised Hark hasn't created one yet, so I put one together:  http://gamingtrend.com/forums/multiplayer-gaming/battlefield-3-hookups/

I plan on finally grabbing the game this weekend, may see if Gamestop has a copy with the limited edition stuff left.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:17 AM »

found out in your documents bf3 settings folder or whatnot there's a few files, one called settings profile or whatever.

Open in wordpad....edit the setting for contrast....it's .500000 or whatever by default.  I changed the first two digits to .33 in the end result for best look.  No more invisible people due to super high contrast and the lights are not so super freaking hell overpowering...but still too bright.  game looks way better now...
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:43 AM »

Hmm, even with all settings set to low and the fancy stuff turned off I'm getting 25-30FPS in some spots (not even talking about moments with lots of action). When I turn settings to Ultra with fancy stuff on, I'm only losing about 10 fps.

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad @ 3.4,
Two 6950s in crossfire
6MB RAM
Dedicated HD for the games

Not sure why I'm not getting higher framerates, even in low settings.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:23:05 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2011, 07:24:48 AM »

Im playing on a laptop, Core I5 with a 5850 M Radeon and 4 GB Ram - runs like a charm, even though its the annoying drivers supplied by Acer themselves...a fact of which I am very very surprised - running most stuff on high, but turned down shadows a bit and eh...something else to do with lightshafts I think.

But dear lord, the bloom - my eyes!!

Other than that - its a great game. I'm not in love with the maps like I was in Bf2 and in Bc1 actually, but I guess it will come with time.

So far, I'm actually at my best in the urban combat settings, which I find strange.

But dear lord - tone down the rpg spam please!

A new one
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

Only 3 missions into the coop but so far the co-op experience has been pretty good for me. I played with one guy who was an amazing chopper pilot, one who was pretty bad. I learned a few things from the good chopper pilot though and now my helicopter skills are pretty decent. Only had 1 guy who tried to be a rambo, and that was on the 3rd mission. Even so, we managed to somehow work together to finish that mission. 

So far I've gotten to fly the chopper, be the gunner in the chopper, be the gunner on the humvee, and used thermal sights with the SAW, all in the co-op missions.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2011, 12:53:57 PM »

Also, I asked in the multiplayer thread but got no response so I'll ask it here:

Is there any way to verify that my mic is working using in-game voice? Also, I'd like to try to configure it to push-to-talk but I see no mic settings anywhere. Does anyone else know?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »

Quote from: raydude on October 31, 2011, 12:53:57 PM

Also, I asked in the multiplayer thread but got no response so I'll ask it here:

Is there any way to verify that my mic is working using in-game voice? Also, I'd like to try to configure it to push-to-talk but I see no mic settings anywhere. Does anyone else know?

I seem to remember that there are some microphone options in the Battlelog page, bottom right corner. As to verify, try saying something to people ;-)

A new one
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2011, 01:15:53 PM

Quote from: raydude on October 31, 2011, 12:53:57 PM

I seem to remember that there are some microphone options in the Battlelog page, bottom right corner. As to verify, try saying something to people ;-)

Be careful what you suggest. I will probably start saying "Can you hear me now?" to you and won't stop till you reply back smile

And yeah, as to the microphone icon - the only options seem to be mute/unmute mic

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »

I did some searching on the Battlelog forums. Seems PC version doesn't have VOIP in-game, just the consoles do. From what I'm reading it seems that the only way to do VOIP is to create a voice party channel in battlelog and then have friends join that party. But then that means you can only talk to the people in your voice party. So no VOIP for pick-up games or co-op w/ strangers. Unless you do some alt-tabbing out and add them or something.

So, I'm wondering if this calls for a teamspeak server for those of us BF3'ing on PC?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2011, 01:45:39 PM »

Quote from: raydude on October 31, 2011, 01:26:25 PM

So, I'm wondering if this calls for a teamspeak server for those of us BF3'ing on PC?

If you overlap with the OO crew at all, they just added a forum Ventrilo server along with the forumwide server upgrade.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 29, 2011, 08:23:19 AM

Quote from: Ridah on October 29, 2011, 01:51:23 AM

surprised Hark hasn't created one yet, so I put one together:  http://gamingtrend.com/forums/multiplayer-gaming/battlefield-3-hookups/

I plan on finally grabbing the game this weekend, may see if Gamestop has a copy with the limited edition stuff left.

didn't see the need for one on the 360 what with how the friend's list works and all.  Maybe PC gamers need the extra bit slywink
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »

Yeah, but your mom...!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »

I did some searching on the Battlelog forums. Seems PC version doesn't have VOIP in-game, just the consoles do.

wow, not sure how they left that out when CoD has it.  if EA wants to compete with the big dawg they should patch that in.

Because I can,
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 31, 2011, 02:14:25 PM

I did some searching on the Battlelog forums. Seems PC version doesn't have VOIP in-game, just the consoles do.

wow, not sure how they left that out when CoD has it.  if EA wants to compete with the big dawg they should patch that in.

This, plus news that MW3 is at or near the top of Steam's top-selling items chart tells me EA shoulda stuck w/ the tried-and-true (Steam) instead of trying to create the new hotness (Origin).

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »

nobody is using VOIP on the 360 so I'm not sure it matters slywink  Can't you use the voip party option in Origin/Battlelog?  That should work similar to xbox parties which is all people seem to use on the console anyway.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 31, 2011, 02:47:27 PM

nobody is using VOIP on the 360 so I'm not sure it matters slywink  Can't you use the voip party option in Origin/Battlelog?  That should work similar to xbox parties which is all people seem to use on the console anyway.

Probably not so much for the big multiplayer battles - although there are times when I wish I could talk to my squad at least. But for 2 player co-op pick up games w/ strangers? Absolutely I'd use the mic. If only to say "Man down! Uh, a little help here?" or "Dude, switch to the cannon after firing the hellfire, you can kill the BMP much faster." Playing with strangers probably means I have to alt-tab out, invite stranger to party, he has to alt-tab out, accept, and then go back to the game. Not my idea of seamless integration.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2011, 03:49:14 PM »

Quote from: raydude on October 31, 2011, 02:27:40 PM

This, plus news that MW3 is at or near the top of Steam's top-selling items chart tells me EA shoulda stuck w/ the tried-and-true (Steam) instead of trying to create the new hotness (Origin).

Well, not entirely it seems - which I find pretty nice.

1 Football Manager 2012
2 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3 Dungeon Defenders
4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5 Stronghold 3
6 Payday: The Heist
7 Grand Theft Auto: The Complete Package
8 Left 4 Dead 2
9 Dead Island
10 Dead Space Pack

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2011, 03:49:14 PM

Quote from: raydude on October 31, 2011, 02:27:40 PM

Well, not entirely it seems - which I find pretty nice.

1 Football Manager 2012
2 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3 Dungeon Defenders
4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5 Stronghold 3
6 Payday: The Heist
7 Grand Theft Auto: The Complete Package
8 Left 4 Dead 2
9 Dead Island
10 Dead Space Pack

I'm seeing Skyim as 1 and MW3 as 2 right now, so the list must be changing quickly.  FBM is 4 and Dungeon Defenders is 7, while Stronghold 3 and GTA is nowhere to be seen in the top ten.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »

Ah, well - I copied the list from somewhere else, who had it from Bluesnews :-)

I guess you can't stop the Juggernaut (Insert deragatory word here ;-) )

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2011, 03:57:47 PM

Ah, well - I copied the list from somewhere else, who had it from Bluesnews :-)

ah, I see.  I was talking about the 'Top Sellers' one they keep updated on the main website, looks like Blues News is a weekly roundup.  I figure I might as well wait on MW3 since they don't have a pre-order sale and I already have MW1.

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

The new ATI drivers released yesterday improves crossfire mode by a significant margin.

It would be nice if applying new settings didnt completely freeze the game up, though  icon_mad

Sean Lama
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »

signature generator: http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2011, 05:08:31 AM »

BF3 config utility

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154145
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »

finally picked this up today, and damn, the sound is very impressive as are the graphics (set it to Ultra).  only got a chance to play a bit of MP and gave SP a shot (the squad has a Bad Company Lite feel to it so far).  still not a big fan of the web page being used to launch the game though, and for some reason my first attempt to launch a MP game went to the SP portion instead.

Because I can,
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »

I am in love with the idea of browser launcher. However there also should be a in game server browser and party management, but really liking battlelog so far. Singleplayer I have played a couple of hours of and it didn't interest me too much, multiplayer however is the most fun I have had online for years.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »

Unlocked the defibrilator yesterday. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to bring it out in game. Then I tried searching key bindings to see which key it was. Defaults to '3' or '4' for gadgets. Okay, hmmmm. So then I went online to figure it out, but nothing found when I tried searching on "defibrilator, battlefield 3". Then I read something about having to configure your loadout, and VOILA - that's when I realized you had to add the defib as another gadget on your customized loadout.

This made me think of how Space Marine reminds you of unlocks. When you unlock an item in Space Marine there's a big flashy arrow that points to the "Loadout" option, reminding you there's a new unlocked item.

Making the "Customize" tab flash when you unlock an item in BF3, and keep flashing until you select the tab would do wonders.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »

On the console version there's a little orange dogear on the upper right corner of weapon or equipment slots that have new unlocks.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 07, 2011, 02:16:37 PM

Unlocked the defibrilator yesterday. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to bring it out in game. Then I tried searching key bindings to see which key it was. Defaults to '3' or '4' for gadgets. Okay, hmmmm. So then I went online to figure it out, but nothing found when I tried searching on "defibrilator, battlefield 3". Then I read something about having to configure your loadout, and VOILA - that's when I realized you had to add the defib as another gadget on your customized loadout.

This made me think of how Space Marine reminds you of unlocks. When you unlock an item in Space Marine there's a big flashy arrow that points to the "Loadout" option, reminding you there's a new unlocked item.

Making the "Customize" tab flash when you unlock an item in BF3, and keep flashing until you select the tab would do wonders.

After each round, all of your unlocks from that current round will be displayed for you, along with a description of what it is.

A new one
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 07, 2011, 02:53:24 PM

Quote from: raydude on November 07, 2011, 02:16:37 PM

After each round, all of your unlocks from that current round will be displayed for you, along with a description of what it is.

Yes, I know that. What I did NOT realize was that the defib needed to be manually added to my loadout. Obviously you need to consciously swap a primary weapon to use an unlocked one - but for some reason I didn't think it needed to be for the defib. I mean, the assault class is supposed to be the medic right? Why wouldn't the game automatically add the defib once it gets unlocked?

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »

Also, when you have any new items in the loadout screens you will see an orange triangle in the corner of each class and category that has something new.  That makes it pretty easy to see you have new items and quickly find them to equip.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »

A couple of questions on the customization stuff:

1. Is there any way to save a loadout to use as my default? I played again last night, first thing I did was go to the customization screen to check on my assault's loadout. He didn't have the defib in the gadget 2 slot, but I enabled it the night before.

2. I unlocked the coax LMG, enabled it for one game, but it didn't seem to work when I was driving and manning the main gun. Isn't it RMB by default? Then again, I may not have been able to play a tank until I switched to a new server. So maybe I have to enable this unlock every time I go to a new server?

3. Main battle tank zoom optics - I guess this is only for the secondary weapon - i.e. the top mounted MG gun that the 2nd person in the tank controls? Or is this talking about zoom optics for the coax LMG? I thought I was always able to zoom when firing the top mounted MG?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 08, 2011, 02:23:00 PM

1. Is there any way to save a loadout to use as my default? I played again last night, first thing I did was go to the customization screen to check on my assault's loadout. He didn't have the defib in the gadget 2 slot, but I enabled it the night before.
It should remember whatever you last had equipped on each kit.

2. I unlocked the coax LMG, enabled it for one game, but it didn't seem to work when I was driving and manning the main gun. Isn't it RMB by default? Then again, I may not have been able to play a tank until I switched to a new server. So maybe I have to enable this unlock every time I go to a new server?
On the console there is a button to fire a main gun, a button to use an accessory, and a button to switch weapons.  You switch to the coaxial MG using the weapon switch button, then fire it with the main gun trigger.

3. Main battle tank zoom optics - I guess this is only for the secondary weapon - i.e. the top mounted MG gun that the 2nd person in the tank controls? Or is this talking about zoom optics for the coax LMG? I thought I was always able to zoom when firing the top mounted MG?
And then for the zoom optics you use the button for the accessory--whatever button you would've used to use smoke.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »

Coolness, thanks! I liked how they did it in Bad Company 2: RMB for the coax just seemed more natural.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »

On the console there is an alternate vehicle control scheme that makes it the way it was in Bad Company, so maybe there's some way to make the PC version more like Bad Company also?
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »

The original SOC server is back for BF3

server info:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/7cc52ddd-d7ea-4cab-b2fc-b3ee3614c63f/SoC-The-Original-Chaos-Central-Rush-Dallas/[battlelog.battlefield.com]

Come play with guys you know and love from the Bad Company 2 SOC server, but now playing BF3!

Excitable
Boy Excitable Wayne Rooney
Vizionblind
Orange Soda
Evil Homer
Laughing Grass
Hombre3
Elemental
Herc28
Commiekaze

and more!

Join us on Teamspeak
TS31.GAMESERVERS.COM:9171
Password: phillies

Interested in joining clan =SoC=? Visit here: http://www.socbase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=132 [socbase.com]
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2011, 05:22:18 PM »

Anyone playing on a similar system as mine below and can speak about performance?  I'm itching for this but don't want to be frustrated/disappointed with performance.

Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
ATI 5750 1 gb (overclocked)
4 gb Ram
Vista 32 bit.

morlac00 on PSN
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 20, 2011, 05:22:18 PM

Anyone playing on a similar system as mine below and can speak about performance?  I'm itching for this but don't want to be frustrated/disappointed with performance.

Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
ATI 5750 1 gb (overclocked)
4 gb Ram
Vista 32 bit.

Well I took the plunge but  i guess I will have to wait until I get a new computer because I can't play the freaking game.  It has been 10 + years since I have had this much of a hassle getting a game to work.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled orgin/BF3 4 times now and have given up.  I get the "We're sorry an error has incured.  There is a problem with your setup please reinstall the game." message every time.  I have pored over forums and tried various fixes to no avail.  The most common fix is to right click and choose the repair option.  this seems to work because it downloads a 89 mb file but it hangs up when installing it everytime and/or it wipes out some file on it which tricks orgin into thinking the game is no longer installed.  I noticed it renames the .exe after this and invalidates my shortcuts.  I tried renaming back to original name but that didn't work.  Incredibly frustrating!  I think it is an Origin issue but with so many freaking hoops to jump through to boot up a game who the F knows.

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: