http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 10:07:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 2 - What do we know?  (Read 4961 times)
Bulletpig
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2005, 04:11:45 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "Bulletpig"
I'm really excited for this game.  Can anyone tell though if the headset that comes with the pre-order is USB or that other thing that is like two connectors.

I got mine...it is the two connector variety, not USB.  It is a behind the back type like the Xbox communicator although the mic is a lot shorter.

Thanks for the information.  I will hold off on the pre-order then.  I guess I will be heading out to pick up a USB headset.  I have read that the PS2 headset is USB and will work with windows so I might pick that up.  Anyone else used the PS2 headset on a PC with success?

Also can't wait for the DEMO!

Pig
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2005, 04:45:11 PM »

Lockdown, that was the whole point of the squad system.  Players who know each other could easily band together, and get certain benefits from it and not have to deal with all the kids running around.

Squad benefits include the squad leader spawn point, and automatic voice chat within the squad.  The squad leader can also issue orders that show up as colored smoke markers and waypoints on screen.

So, if you're looking to start a weekly Battlefield group, count me in as one of the support classes, either medic or engineer or anything you need.  Heck, I wouldn't mind playing commander.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2005, 05:27:07 PM »

I'm really excited for this game.  Can anyone tell though if the headset that comes with the pre-order is USB or that other thing that is like two connectors.

I got mine...it is the two connector variety, not USB.  It is a behind the back type like the Xbox communicator although the mic is a lot shorter.

Thanks for the information.  I will hold off on the pre-order then.  I guess I will be heading out to pick up a USB headset.  I have read that the PS2 headset is USB and will work with windows so I might pick that up.  Anyone else used the PS2 headset on a PC with success?

My aforementioned friend uses his PS2 headset when we play Battlefield.  He says it works great.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »

OK.  That settles it then.  

Set up your own servers if you want... Check

Squads manually set up for friends only... Check

Intersquad Chat via voice communication... Check

Assumption that the game will be good... Check

- - -

I am ready!  Someone start a thread in here the minute the demo is released please.  If anyone is interested in learning the game and the squad mechanics, lets do it together... CG style.

LD  biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 06:48:53 PM »

My aforementioned friend uses his PS2 headset when we play Battlefield.  He says it works great.

I'll second that.  The PS2 headset is a Logitech (same people making the preorder headset).  It's only real downsides:  One ear, not two, and the mic boom only adjusts at the tip.  It is clear and easy to use though.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2005, 07:59:51 PM »

Does just voice come out of the headset earpieces, or all game sounds?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2005, 08:28:31 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
Does just voice come out of the headset earpieces, or all game sounds?

That's a good question.  I know he has speakers running when he is on BF1942, so I am going to guess he just hears voices, but he may hear sound as well.

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2005, 11:36:22 PM »

I am hoping just chatting comes through the headset.

Also count me on the CG squad thing.  I don't care what I end up being I can be anything.  Hell even if you want a crazy son of bitch that runs into abushes I am your man  :x

Pig
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 01:39:45 AM »

Oh yes...I should note that the only stuff you hear in the headsets during gameplay in BF1942 are explosions, gun noise, voices, chatting (if you have Teamspeak or something else going), etc.  There is no music in the game, only in menus.

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2005, 09:46:29 AM »

Pig

The headset is the exact same one that came with Unreal Tournament 2004 CE and with Guild Wars CE.  The only difference is that it says Battlefield 2 on the side.  It is basically just headphones with a mic attached, so there are no special features on it and all the sounds that come through your speaker come through the headset.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2005, 07:07:15 PM »

Excellent!!! Loved 1942, hated Vietnam.  I can't wait to try the demo for this bad-boy.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »

Rumors are that the demo drops on Friday...for Gamespot Complete members only (I'm one, so this doesn't piss me off...but I'm sure it will many others).

The demo will go live on Saturday for the rest...remember, this is only rumor at this point.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2005, 11:58:28 PM »

Rumors are that the demo drops on Friday...for Gamespot Complete members only (I'm one, so this doesn't piss me off...but I'm sure it will many others).

The demo will go live on Saturday for the rest...remember, this is only rumor at this point.

finally after being a complete member, something pays off.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: