http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:52:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 2 expansion pack details!  (Read 1395 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2005, 05:48:24 AM »

Well, I LOVE BF2...aside from the patch recalling, the crappy game browser, and a few other little things. I`m sure I`ll love this too, BUT...isn`t this really early for a expansion pack. Anyone here care to comment? Here`s IGN`s coverage of it http://pc.ign.com/articles/632/632446p1.html. Enjoy!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 06:17:51 AM »

Maybe they will include the patch?  They can then put a big sticker on the box saying "FIXED!!! (and tested)"  Bah, that's a cheap shot.

I hope they put out as many expansions for BF2 as they did for The Sims.  That would be great.  Collect 'em all!

Sure it's a little early, but I doubt it's going to hurt sales.  Strike while the iron's hot!  Then again this is sure to piss a lot of people off since they are still waiting for a patched patch...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 07:58:09 AM »

Yea. I do agree though, I`ll buy all the expansions most likely. This game (despite it`s issues) is great!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:05:09 PM »

Nightvision?  They better give me flashbangs then....Nothing worse than catching a flashbang while you are wearing nightvision. smile

I'm all for the expansion and all that but I'm in the "Lets fix what we've got first, ok?" boat.  My stats are down, logins take forever, there is mystery lag, too many memory leaks, etc. etc.  Fix that and I'll play obsessively and buy the expansion pack...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:25:23 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Nightvision?  They better give me flashbangs then....

Quote from: "teh article"
IGNPC: Your eyes get totally screwed up.
Yee: Yes, totally screwed up. The new flash-bang is also a counter to the night vision.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »

Sweet.  I just didn't wanna read IGN.  I waited for the press release. slywink

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 03:24:07 PM »

I think it sounds fun, however I worry about it diluting the game too much too soon.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 09:38:43 PM »

HUH!!?!??? Close combat infantry oriented maps? Oh, well, let me think...thats what Rage likes about BF2 in the first place!!! BRING IT HOMEBOIS@@@  :shock:
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 03:31:16 AM »

They are saying this will be out in the fall. Patch up bf2 and bring the expansion pack on!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 06:22:51 AM »

They could make infantry focused maps already without an expansion.

What's the status on the mod tools?  Eventually someone will make a really focused infantry map.
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 06:53:01 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
They could make infantry focused maps already without an expansion.

What's the status on the mod tools?  Eventually someone will make a really focused infantry map.

Karkand and Mashtuur are both pretty close to "focused infantry maps" already.  Sure there are transport helicopters on Mashtuur and the odd tank and APC on both, but they are very much infantry battles.  Karkand especially.

They both kick ass too.

Sharqi Peninsula is also pretty close.  The tanks and attack choppers on that map don't usually amount to much, it's the infantry that wins or loses the map.

Karkand seems to be the most popular map already.  There's always someone voting for it for the next map (which never works, but people try to start the vote constantly, and I've never seen anyone start a vote for any other map.)
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 01:55:24 PM »

In 1942, people LOVED the Berlin and Stalingrad maps.  *shrug*  I wasn't fond of them so much. But people seemed to like the city/low vehicle maps alot. That said...I may like them better with BF2.  Mastuur and Karkand are some of my favorite maps.  It's a rush to go from corner to corner, peeking around and clearing them.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 02:00:59 PM »

My fav. 1942 map was El Alamein.  I like the HUGE maps, but I'm a pilot so what can ya do.  smile  I also like having good long-distance sniper shots. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: